Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feune

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 am
SexayJ05H
LBJ is going to win the MVP hands down
ppl are saying but kobe this and kobe that
i still think LBJ is the best player in the league and he deserves to win it

He is still front runner most but theres no doubt that Kobe has been getting closer. Also most people still say "Lebron Lebron" Kobe isn't exactly getting that much attention. But best player in the league again tough to say and Kobes team with the best record and with so many of his clutch performances this season. Along with losing Bynum getting injured again and beating the other top teams to remain on top the NBA standings gets him close to Lebron at the very least.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 pm
It will come down to Kobe vs. LeBron. Paul and Wade will come close.

...If the Cavs win the East, then I think that LeBron James is a lock for MVP. The Lakers have the better team, but Kobe Bryant has a very good chance to defend his MVP.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Feune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:17 am
Yaay finally someone agrees. I think a lot of people still hate Kobe is why not many want to recognize his chance of winning.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:22 pm
Lebron has put up a couple 50 point games. A few 40 points games. Multiple 30 point games and he averages nearly 30 a game. MVP?  

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

cpbigman9221

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:33 pm
Give me a reason why Wade isn't in the discussion.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 am
lebron led the Cavs to an Overtime win against the Blazers at the Q. When it comes to the last second Lebron's the man. He took over the Fourth and Overtime.  

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 am
cpbigman9221

Wade is in the discussion. But not in this thread..... hes done good this year with scoring. Lebron lead the lead in scoring last year and Kobe won MVP. What does that tell you?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:35 pm
Nahtan-Syab
cpbigman9221

Wade is in the discussion. But not in this thread..... hes done good this year with scoring. Lebron lead the lead in scoring last year and Kobe won MVP. What does that tell you?

Ya got me there but Wade is doing better than Kobe and Kobe is talked about more. Wade has more PPG, more APG, more steals, and a better field goal percantage than Bryant. My point is Wade is doing better than Kobe but Kobe is still in the MVP race with LBJ and not D-Wade!?

Kobe Bryant
PPG 27.7
RPG 5.4
APG 4.9
SPG 1.3
FG% 0.472

Dwyane Wade
PPG 29.9
RPG 5.1
APG 7.6
SPG 2.3
FG% 0.493  

cpbigman9221

Bronx Bombers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:46 am
cpbigman9221
Nahtan-Syab
cpbigman9221

Ya got me there but Wade is doing better than Kobe and Kobe is talked about more. Wade has more PPG, more APG, more steals, and a better field goal percantage than Bryant. My point is Wade is doing better than Kobe but Kobe is still in the MVP race with LBJ and not D-Wade!?

Kobe Bryant
PPG 27.7
RPG 5.4
APG 4.9
SPG 1.3
FG% 0.472

Dwyane Wade
PPG 29.9
RPG 5.1
APG 7.6
SPG 2.3
FG% 0.493

And more blocks. Wade is doing more with less. He may not have the high amount of wins as the Lakers or Cavs but look at his team, his team is going to get the 5th seed (damn those Hawks) and come on Wade got a starting rookie PG, also he has one of the youngest team in hte NBA.

Another thing LBJ is a hack for triple-doubles.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:23 pm
NY_27
cpbigman9221
Nahtan-Syab
cpbigman9221

Kobe Bryant
PPG 27.7
RPG 5.4
APG 4.9
SPG 1.3
FG% 0.472

Dwyane Wade
PPG 29.9
RPG 5.1
APG 7.6
SPG 2.3
FG% 0.493

And more blocks. Wade is doing more with less. He may not have the high amount of wins as the Lakers or Cavs but look at his team, his team is going to get the 5th seed (damn those Hawks) and come on Wade got a starting rookie PG, also he has one of the youngest team in hte NBA.

Another thing LBJ is a hack for triple-doubles.

Exactly, so why is Kobe in over Wade in the MVP race when Wade deserves to be in Kobe's race position. Wade and Lebrons numbers aren't to far away from each other. LBJ leads in only one category not by much but thats my point. Have a look.

LeBron James
PPG 28.6 (Wade leads)
RPG 7.6 (LBJ leads)
APG 7.3 (Wade leads barely)
SPG 1.8 (Wade leads barely)
BPG 1.3 (Wade leads barely)
FG% 0.488 (Wade leads barely)

Dwyane Wade
PPG 29.8
RPG 5.2
APG 7.6
SPG 2.2
BPG 1.4
FG% 0.492  

cpbigman9221

Feune

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:32 pm
Its not about stats. The MVP is more about team achievement once you're one of the most productive players then comes the teams position. Then if other players are neck and neck there are stats. Which puts Lebron out in front.
Its not so much an individual award its more of the MVP is representing his whole team and he is the leader/face of that team.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:22 pm
King James and the cavs beat the hell out of the Celtics today and Lebron put up 29.  

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 pm
LBJ has to win it  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:24 am
Seeing how this is the LBJ thread I think it would be best to get opinions on this:

Do you approve of LeBron, skipping out of the postgame conference, and not shaking the hands of the Magic players after Game 6?

Me personally, I think he should have, but unlike the so-called experts, and media, and sportswriters, I won't burn the guy for not doing so. I could understand. Imagine, you're saying to yourself 'Well we swept Detroit, we swept Atlanta, we should have performed better against Orlando.'

If not for that buzzerbeater LeBron made in Game 2, Orlando very well would have swept them. Clearly, the Magic were the better team. I thought they would give Cleveland problems before the series started, yet I still thought the Cavs would tough it out and advance to the Finals.

Magic/Lakers should be fun cool  

miles18

XX_Blueberry Muffin_XXX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:18 am
hi there how are u guys lol i am jade2345  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items