Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 pm
Boston Sports Fan

Overall it would have to be the Yankees. Follow by the Steelers. The Patriots that won 3SB were also really impressive. To bad they couldn't put the exclamation point on it by beating the Giants.User Image

I kind of want to say the Yankees, because of all their success, history, and 26 Championships.

...But there is no salary cap in MLB, so I might have to go with the Steelers.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:33 pm
R.i.mm.y
i have to say the Steelers 70's and beyond. I mean it's not a franchise it's a nation. (Steeler's Nation.) When Ben got in the motorcycle accident. There were fans waiting in the waiting room to see if he was alright. Training Camp is huge, plus there are Steeler Bars through the world.

acutally im pretty sure there are no down here rofl rofl  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:51 am
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan

Overall it would have to be the Yankees. Follow by the Steelers. The Patriots that won 3SB were also really impressive. To bad they couldn't put the exclamation point on it by beating the Giants.User Image

I kind of want to say the Yankees, because of all their success, history, and 26 Championships.

That doesn't mean nothing. Remember the Yanks won all of there WS before they had a 100 million dollar payroll.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 pm
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan

That doesn't mean nothing. Remember the Yanks won all of there WS before they had a 100 million dollar payroll.

good point but still they still had the best players then and now its no different instead now they are waving around green pieces of paper to get them  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:23 am
SexayJ05H
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan

good point but still they still had the best players then and now its no different instead now they are waving around green pieces of paper to get them

A lot of those guys came from the farm system. NOW it is different, there farm system is now the FA market. pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 pm
Boston Sports Fan
SexayJ05H
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan

A lot of those guys came from the farm system. NOW it is different, there farm system is now the FA market. pirate

which they are still waving money around to get the ppl they want
doesnt matter who it is if the Yankees want them they will get them cuz they can outbid everyone else in the MLB  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Yeah but so far they haven't win with a 100+ million dollar payroll so it's all good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:49 pm
Boston Sports Fan

Umm, sorry, but I would not be able to add the Pats. Not after they were caught cheating. Every single game is put into doubt.  

vegito61283

sfeihcck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm
Boston Celtics
26 championships
They won 8 straight Ships' from 59-66, and won in 57, 68, and 69.
Just crazy, they were damn near unstoppable.
Though the Jordan-era Bulls were very good, as are the Yankees in general  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm
Boston Sports Fan
Yeah but so far they haven't win with a 100+ million dollar payroll so it's all good. 3nodding

Then what was 2001?  

vegito61283

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 pm
vegito61283
Boston Sports Fan

Then what was 2001?

They lost to Arizona. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 pm
sfeihcck
Boston Celtics
26 championships
They won 8 straight Ships' from 59-66, and won in 57, 68, and 69.
Just crazy, they were damn near unstoppable.
Though the Jordan-era Bulls were very good, as are the Yankees in general

They went through loooong period without winning anything. But I guess you can through them in the mix.  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 pm
vegito61283
Boston Sports Fan

Umm, sorry, but I would not be able to add the Pats. Not after they were caught cheating. Every single game is put into doubt.

True and I know what you're saying but I'm going to defend the Pats. Unless you have any proof they cheated in any other game (beside the Jets) then you really can't say nothing. And remember video taping the other team doesn't guarantee anything during a game.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:36 pm
Boston Sports Fan
vegito61283
Boston Sports Fan

True and I know what you're saying but I'm going to defend the Pats. Unless you have any proof they cheated in any other game (beside the Jets) then you really can't say nothing. And remember video taping the other team doesn't guarantee anything during a game.

but it still helps you out a lot that basically you can learn everything about the other teams o and d by watching that film  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 pm
We don't know what was recorded. I'm sure it helps to some extent but either way the outcome for that Jets game wouldn't have been any different.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff