They don't really care.
  They dislike it, but let me watch anyways
  I'm not supposed to watch it!
View Results

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:39 pm
Tarantellatears
My parents would kill me for watching almost anything. Anything with too much innuendo or awkwardness (bye-bye shojo), or too much violence, or whatever. When I was little they would have killed me for watching Pokemon . . .

Pshhh, screw Pokemon! Digimon is where it's at!!!!! talk2hand
I was only interested in Pokemon, for lke, what, a year? And even then I didn't get to see it because it was more a "little boy's" fad, and I was a "girly-girl" and I couldn't watch that sort of thing, rofl. And then when I finally got to see it, in like...who knows what grade. I watched two episodes, and I was like, "God this is retarded!!!" And I was glad I had stuck with Digimon xD.

Yeah. My mom was always trying to make me a girly-girl when I was a kid ._.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:40 pm
Tarantellatears
Nope, Batman and Spiderman. =]
They never really liked me getting into mythology and stuff when i was younger - which I SUPPOSE I can understand. Because if you're a kid and think stuff like that is real it can mess with you. But still. Eh. I still did watch Batman and Spiderman though. I was a cartoon freak. =]

See, that just confuses me. To my parents cartoons and comics from America or Japan are more or less the same thing. At the end of the day, they both cost them the same amount of money XD  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:46 pm
meGgi e s t A e R I a

Pshhh, screw Pokemon! Digimon is where it's at!!!!! talk2hand
I was only interested in Pokemon, for lke, what, a year? And even then I didn't get to see it because it was more a "little boy's" fad, and I was a "girly-girl" and I couldn't watch that sort of thing, rofl. And then when I finally got to see it, in like...who knows what grade. I watched two episodes, and I was like, "God this is retarded!!!" And I was glad I had stuck with Digimon xD.

Yeah. My mom was always trying to make me a girly-girl when I was a kid ._.

Pokémon was decent when we were 10, but Digimon has the most longevity. Like, I'm still 100% into Digimon, as much as I was when I was little, but have you ever tried rewatching Pokémon? It's truly awful! Although, shame on both anime for stretching their franchises too far :/ *Digimon Tamers springs to mind*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:39 am
Yay! Other Digimon fans!  

bollier

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:34 am
Don't get me started XP  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:18 pm
Digimon hasn't stretched its franchise nearly as far as Pokemon, and that's sad xD

I don't know what keeps the Pokemon creators going D= Its way too old xP. Like, it's getting way too old, the same old, same old and stuff...yeah....

At least Digimon changes with each season :3

/waits for Pokemon fan to flame her >>;

Crew

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm
You're totally right though! I probably couldn't name all the Pokémon series from memory (actually, I'm that sad I pro'ly could XDD) whereas Digimon went a little sour and then got good again. But yanno, Pokémon reinvents itself every now and then to appeal to the next generation of kids who it's aimed at. You gotta respect 'em for at least staying alive this long, and the TV series just come along side the other merchanidse; they've got games and whatever else to sell.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:01 pm
I've gotta admit that I'm 20 and still play the games (but don't watch the show). Then again, I still play the digimon games too!  

bollier

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:46 pm
Haha, I love and adore Digimon. I watched the first two seasons or so of Pokemon - it came out when I was in Kindergarten. But it's always the same, and that bugged me to NO end. I like how Digimon was different each episode, and season. it still repeated, but it had enough variety to keep it from being monotonous. I only ever really saw the first two seasons. I saw a bit of the third, but it ends there. I started rewatching it a while ago, but as with everything, I didn't have time to finish.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 pm
I take it Cher isn't a fan of Tamers xDDD

It's actually my favorite. Because of several reasons. To start at the "beginning" it was the first season I ever saw, and I'd wanted to watch it for so long, I immediately attatched myself to it. Also I liked how it was like the first two and yet different. It held some of the same themes, and yet it brought new ones, like the first two did. I also liked the explanation it gave for Digimon existing, and if I'm remembering correctly there had never been one before. I also liked the concept of it being a TV show, something for kids, and then it ending up being real. And how Takato was able to create his own Digimon from his imagination. I'm sure I could give more reasons, but...yeah it's been awhile sweatdrop

I also love hte first two seasons x3.

Frontier I could never get into, though. sweatdrop It brought an interesting idea with the kids becoming the Digimon, but them not actually having their own kinda killed it for me. Plus I never got to see all of it.

And Savers, I only saw the first episode DDDD:

Crew

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:22 pm
I saw a bit of Tamers I think, and a random episode of frontier - I thought it was strange. I also saw part of an episode of another season - savers I guess?? It was very strange.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 am
I dunno, I just couldn't get into the new arrangement after "Zero Two" ended. Perhaps I was just too old for Tamers when it came out? At some point I tried to rewatch the entire series but I got soooo bored! There was a certain maturity to the first two series that made it easier to watch, whereas Tamers is a bit too similar to stuff like Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

As for Frontier and Savers, I really enjoyed them! They're the only series I watched only in Japanese, so it was cool not watching a dumbed-down kiddie show for once. Haha.

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 am
I love how this has turned into a Digimon discussion xDD

Anyways, that's understandable. :3 I'm always fascinated ( sweatdrop ) by kids shows, so being a bit older than the majority of the viewing audience didn't phase me in the least XD. I didn't see any of Fronteir 'till I was in highschool, didn't phase me then either. I'm just weird like that xP.

I really would like to see the entire thing of Frontier, even if I don't think I'd like it as much as the others, and the same goes for Savers. :3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:47 am
Cheremy LeBeau
There was a certain maturity to the first two series that made it easier to watch, whereas Tamers is a bit too similar to stuff like Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Haha, wow I never noticed that. >>; I was never allowed to watch Yu-Gi-Oh (again with my mom and the "girly" thing ._. though, it didn't really catch my interest). Though, now that I think about it, they do have the card thing going on haha. And then the card battle thing is kinda similiar to Pokemon, except it's not with cards in Pokemon.... xD Well, at least that's the only similiarities. Unless there's more to Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh than I know =o Which is entirely possible.  

Crew

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:40 pm
Bleh, maybe it's just me (^___^;; ) Tamers offended my eyes when the first two series ended because it couldn't live up to them (I was seeeriously obsessed with Digimon 01 and 02, like a scary amount XD). It took me years to revisit Tamers and by then I'd probably grown out of it. Not only that, it just isn't the same and I got into Zero One and Zero Two first, so perhaps that's why I prefer them. To me, they're SACRED! XD Haha.

...&yeah, nice way to completely redirect the thread XDD

T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces