Sai
  Bo
  Jo
  Naginata
  Im not ready so NONE!!!
View Results

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:12 am
Weapons tend not to be ki-sensative. A monk would have to be very attuned to a weapon, as if it were an extension of his body, which would take many years of meditation, during which he would have to have the weapon in question with him, and be considered armed at all times. When a person can touch that weapon, and you feel it as if it were you skin, when you cannot remember a time without this weapon, you can then channel through it.

An enchanted weapon, a weapon with some mock (or even an actual) life-force in it, would be much easier to attune in this fashion, but still take an inordinate amount of time. If you were to attune yourself, the weapon would use its normal stats, but it's strike pool would then be based off of DEX (as if it were fists or feet in a martial arts attack). You could also detract points from your daily Ki pool to improve the weapon's strike and damage bonuses on attack actions of your choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 am
Way to get a 10 on that Knowledge(Exotic Weapon) roll, Jimmy.
Now what if they dual-classed as a psionic and put a piece of their own personality in the weapon?
EDIT: An idea! Let's have a metaphysical discussion on the necessity of weapons in the human world.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 am
Viral C
User Image

I got this so i'm good ^^

eek Damn...*Quickly writes a new letter to Santa*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:15 am
What about the few of use who would never do well in close combat... (those who lack size, strength, brute force, speed and agility xp )

There where bows and arrows in Japan too were there not?

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 pm
Erverain
Way to get a 10 on that Knowledge(Exotic Weapon) roll, Jimmy.
Now what if they dual-classed as a psionic and put a piece of their own personality in the weapon?
Don't confuse the word "focus item" for anything else. It's a non-exclusive term. Think instead about the difference between a monk and a psychic; a monk's focus is on honing their body into a weapon, while a psychic's is honing their mind. In this way, psychic energy and chi energy are different only in that they are summoned from different sources inside the body. Yes it would be easier to focus chi through a psychic-focus, but only in that it's an item very close to the user.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:39 pm
I'm not really good with a nunchuaku. But then again, I'm not bad with them either. I stick with it cause I've been training with one since I was 7 actually. Sharp objects sorta aren't my thing...  

Prinniesdood

3,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:02 pm
I wanna wielded sharp poison tipped chopsticks! I just dare ya to steal my food...

I like swords better than pole arms, but that's because I know I'm good with swords. The only fun I could have with a pole arm is bruising and breaking things. Not a heck of a lot of blood shed that way. It's so dull without the slashing and stabbing of a blade!

Not that I'm violent or anything... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:09 pm
How would you eat with poison-tipped chopsticks?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:46 pm
They're high tech chopsticks of course. Retractable hypodermic needle and all that. Kinda like a clicky pen.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:47 pm
The lead up to that punchline was perfect.

XD  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:54 pm
...I missed my own joke? Was I trying to make one? I'm not very good at subtle or intelligent humor...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:03 pm
Just for the sake of clarity.... >_>

You talked about the chop sticks being high tech, which leads the reader into thinking about futuristic themes and modifications. Then you mention the retractable hypodermic needle and "all that" implying even more high tech chop stick advancements having already bee made. Then with your third sentence, you say in a very casual way, "Kinda like a clicky pen." And "clicky pens" aren't not known for their high tech qualities which in turn adds to the humour of your post and making it feel quite genius.

3nodding  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:38 pm
Ah, ironic humor. Or is it sarcasm? Eh. It was funny, so let's leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:40 pm
It's irony if the high tech chop sticks WERE like clicky pens, and sarcasm if they weren't and you were just making a comparison. Of course, sarcasm usually is intentional, so this whole situation might be ironic.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:41 pm
Ironic that I don't get my own joke? Situational irony at work. Then again, I'm naturally oblivious, so it's par for the course for me...  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff