Reply Community Lounge
So... Phantasy Star Online Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:32 pm
Yeah, that's what I figured too when I did some solo things. I'm thinking this game wasn't really meant for solo play. >.>

If you stick to it long enough for me to get a new computer I'll join you. I have one of each character. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:34 pm
Well it's free so I won't really have too big a reason to quit. I don't know if I'm a fan of the play style though. Really annoying when it comes to attacking and aiming and stuff.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 pm
The controls (the arrows for actions) are good to me. I just hate, hate, hate the camera views. The auto-camera is wonky and there's no way that I know of to adjust camera any other way.

Still, as you said, I can't complain for free. Plus I'm enjoying the story so far from the Episode I storyline.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:48 pm
I couldn't stand WoW it (like all other MMO's) are ******** interactive movies. You are simply watching the action as your character fights. I want to be able to dodge and fight myself. Less grind more skill.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:51 pm
The play on this is a little more hack-and-slash (when you press an action button you do that action) and you can dodge around so if you move while enemy attacks they will miss (depending on attack, of course). :3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:09 pm
It's a step in the right direction. I still think that bushido Blade had the best system ever for fighting.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Oh gawd... Hats off to you for helping me remember one of the games I so enjoyed before my PSOne got stolen, along with my games. <3

Bushido Blade was an awesome game. *finds a torrent*  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:20 pm
I know I whooped a** in it. None of this extra magical bullshit in new games. Just hold hard steel and soft warm flesh. We need that additude to games now a days.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Sadly only the more diehard gamers or Japanophiles would enjoy another Bushido Blade. And too many people enjoy the extra-realism of games too much to enjoy something too real-to-life.

Mirror's Edge, I'll admit, is pretty close to something that could be realised in real life and seems real, but even the plot and events are extraordinary...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:26 pm
DIRT IN THE EYES!

Best thing ever. You are right, but I think Square could bring it back if they wern't so ******** absorbed in Final Fantasy.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:29 pm
They could. They really could.

Can't link the article now (need to find it again) but apparently Square directors want to make games that tailor to the mainstream -- no longer games that the developers want to play. That might be a bad sign for... well... lots of things.

Also, yeah. Dirt in eyes. It was revolutionary back then; if only people took advantage of that nowadays...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:44 pm
It's the little things they need to add. Gun jams and the like.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items