Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:12 am
My parents were more into bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Béla Fleck, and the B-52s, so it wasn't until my friend Katie moved into a house down the street from me in the 6th grade (12 years ago, just about) that I really had heard their music. I had already heard OF them and I had watched Yellow Submarine, but I didn't really get into them until that year simply because I didn't have money to purchase any of their albums. Luckily enough Katie recorded all of the albums onto tape for me (and then I used my allowance to buy all of the albums on CD), so I was a happy panda. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm
My technologyteacher was havig this movie day, and one of the movies he brought in was a Hard Days Night, I hated them at first then I Grew to love them smile  

beatlefan2009

FallingAngel54

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:43 pm
I've pretty much grown up listening to them... I'm pretty sure we listened to them or Pink Floyd on the way home from the hospital when I was born. haha! Of course, I've always loved them.

I remember when my sister and I would listen to the Sgt. Peppers album in my parent's room and jump on their waterbed while singing as loudly as we could. Good times... We still break out in the Beatles now and then. ^__^

In Washington [or at least most parts of it] you have to have a senior project. Not sure about the rest of the world, but we do... Anyways, I did mine on The Beatles, got all excellents, I might add. But, yeah, I've always loved them and have passed my fondness of their music down to my friends and younger family friends. I have a 12 year old almost brother who loves them because him and I would listen to them all the time and sing along. It was great, because their music is awesome for all age levels.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 pm
User Image

My dad used to play The Beatles and The Beach Boys when he was excercising, and I would always be in the same room, so I've been listening to them from the age of about 3 or 4.
..User Image

Medazzaland

Autumn Splendor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm
I grew up listening to them on the radio: Classic Rock 101
and I'd be like 6 and singing I am the Walrus in the bathtub  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 pm
Well back in 3rd grade when we played red-rover, We would always sing Yellow Submarine because we had one student who was a huge fan of them. About in the middle of 7th grade-my Best friend found an old video tape at her house called Yellow Submarine and she remembered the title. She loved the movie so she invited me over to watch it. I lost count on how many times we've watched that movie. Then I started to listen to more of their music-mainly because my parents had The Beatles #1 on CD. I loved a few of the songs, mainly the ones that i found on youtube. Then i found about 10 more. Then eventually just Synced the whole CD on my mp3 player. Then I started to buy more and more CD's. Eventually I fell in love with them. Me and my friend joke around saying that the Beatles' music are drugs, their so addictive.  

Kiitty Sushi

Cat

Blind Hodd

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 pm
the main parental unit had a bunch of thir songs on the computer however i never really listened to it....i had head of em and thought they were ok untill i realized all the songs i liked that i couldnt plaace the band were done by them the rest is history  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:45 pm
I dont really know! I just have always listened to them! xp  

thepurpleraincloud

maximillion_straus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:45 am
i got into them mainly when i got the yellow submarine movie for christmas,now i have everything they've ever done...XP  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:38 am
maximillion_straus
i got into them mainly when i got the yellow submarine movie for christmas,now i have everything they've ever done...XP

I wish I had been introduced to Yellow Submarine when I was still a little kid...I think I would have really loved it back then! I mean, I like it now, and all, I just think I'd have really enjoyed it.

When I have kids, they'll be seeing it by the time they're 5.  

practicallyzen

Kiitty Sushi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:31 pm
when i was in the 2nd grade, One of my friends loved the Beatles. By then he knew how to play the guitar really well, so he played alot of their songs to the class. eventually during gym class, we would all sing we all life in a yellow submarine while playing red-rover.

until the 7th grade, I had only listened to a few of the songs. Then my best friend came up to me one day exited and she was like "Remember that song we sang in the 2nd grade alot? well...I found the movie for it! its the best movie ever!" The following weekend, I went to her house and I watched the yellow submarine movie for the first time. I thought it was the best movie ever, it was so entertaining. Then we invited our other best friend to watch it, eventually we just started obsessing over them. After a while, I started having dreams about them (It happens often after really liking something) but (this is a really really weird part) I dreamed all three of my friends and myself as each of the beatles, it was the weirdest dream I'd ever had. once i told my friends about the dream, my friend whom showed me the video has always gone by Ringo. The only reason why my nickname is Paulie is because in the dream, i was in Pauls body. the other two never really got their nicknames from the beatles, theirs are more from anime. but still. the 7th grade was the best school year of my life. i got into the best band ever. My teachers where awesome, and everyone was awesome xDD

and thats how i got into the beatles  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:25 pm
I like Beatle-dreams. I tend to have them a lot because of all the Beatle-related books I keep reading. Only mine are usually silly.

Like I had one once where I was just hanging out with Ringo at a party, only it was old-Ringo. So it felt less cool. And a couple nights ago I had a dream I was grocery-shopping, and thought I saw Paul outside the grocery store, and when I got home and opened my car's hatchback to get my groceries, mid-90s Paul got out and spent the rest of the dream having weird adventures with me like he had nothing better to do.

I had one cool one where I was walking down a street with around Let It Be-era George and Paul, and we walked past Ringo, who waved, and then we passed John. I said "Hey, peace, John!" and he gave me the peace sign back. That was kind of awesome.  

practicallyzen

I_luv_Beatles

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:25 pm
i got a cd player when i was five and i was always looking for cd's to listen and i found a beatles number 1's cd and it just evolved from there.now i love the beatles so much my bedroom is covered in beatles stuff posters books and such.i love all of that old music from that generation.the stones,the who,bob dylan.  
The Beatles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff