Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Holy hell the songs! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the new opening and ending songs?
  Yes
  No
  AAAAAH! *Stabs ears*
View Results

Sctoopy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm
Whoops.

I hit "yes" on the pole before I read that you meant new songs. I didn't even know there were English versions. >.<

Anyway...my vote is more accurately no, but my ears are still inctact. XD

I didn't think the beginning was that bad. I didn't like it as much as the Japanese version, and I would have preferred keeping the old one, but it doesn't bother me too much.

...As for shissou...
I've been so in love heart with the Japanese version of that song forever. My love is unwaveringly intense. Like, you don't even know. xp
Because of that...I can't help but kind of hate the English version. Admitedly, Vic's version sounds better than the other, but it's still not forgiven.

sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:15 pm
Ghost of Salanti
WTH was that?! No anime I have watched that was good has actually bothered with translating the beginning and ending song.

-can't help but say something to that-
I guess you've never seen Yu Yu Hakusho. xD That series also had their OPs & EDs translated to English.

As for the songs...
The English version of the OP sounded off and I definitely think it could have been better.
And I'm actually just fine and dandy with the English version of the ED. xD I though the guy who sung it did a pretty nice job.

I would like to know why FUNi decided to translate the OP/ED of Ouran though. Seemed a little random since a lot of their other shows didn't have their opening and ending songs translated.

singull

chocolatsachiko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:52 am
OMG eek

THAT HAS TO BE THE WORST OPENING EVER!!!!!! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:06 am
I prefer the Japanese versions, though I did find a male version of Sakura Kiss (Japanese):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ok7ubB5UrW8

Not sure where that came from, though...  

Michi is a cat

Teto_Kasane_23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:27 pm
when i heard the new songs...... i sceamed: "WHAT THE ******** IS THIS s**t!!!! IT ******** SUCKS!!!! scream "  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:42 pm
They're just horrible!!!! I couldn't stand the singer!! They totally ruin the Host Club!!!! I just want to send them a complaining letter on how horrible the english opening is!!!  

Krynn Lowell
Crew

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

-ThroughDangerUntold-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:37 am
Why did they even bother changing the opening?
Chieko Kawabe is a great singer and Sakura Kiss shouldn't be tampered with dammit!! scream
It's blasphemy!! And just darn terrible to listen to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
"Kiss, Kiss Fall in love!...Hey! Hey! Hey!"
Quite possibly one of the worst dubs I've ever heard. *sigh* Mocking it is quite fun though. My friends and I get extremely amused with it. Though I must say that we died when we first heard it  

downcast drizzle

Eponishta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am
Makes me glad I watched the Japanese edition.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 pm
Is it me or does the English dub sound... Karaoke?
They should've kept the song in the original Japanese version like other anime series.  

Michi is a cat

-II-Starlight-II-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

Don`t like the english version that much.
Doesn`t have the "oompf" that the original has. xD haha

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 am
I was dissapointed when I heard the english version. It sounded so bad!!  

Until_My_Heart_Caves_In

LonelySilverHanyou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:42 pm
Chibi faery
@Pink Ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXidAUgEv3Y

I don't mind it as much as I mind THIS. =_=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp4tV2BFJWA

I WISH they kept Vic's version. neutral But they wouldn't use it, because Tamaki's VA didn't do the original, or some crap. (at least, that's what I'm hearing.)
Ah well. Better to have a decent Tamaki and crap ending then have a crap Tamaki and good ending, amirite?
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuuaC1yWQA

Vic is better! WHY DIDN'T THEY CHOOSE HIM ARE THEY INSANE! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:27 pm
The real ending singer is horrible. His pronunciation is HORRIBLE! No one sings "miles" Mi-YULS. Ugh, I still flinch at that.

Vic, on the other hand is pretty darn amazing! He sings it better, it's not strained, and if you listen to the harmony, it's a harmony, not two guys singing the same thing at the same time.

They really did butcher the opening though T^T. I don't know how or why they thought the fans would like this.

Love the show, but they could've done better with the songs. Especially since there are so many fans of the show (and the songs too!).  

xCaffeinatedCupcakesx

White_Angel_Yuna

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 pm
It is just horrible~!! I truly hate the English dub. It's so disappointing everything about it. I love the Japanese vision from the songs to the characters voices. Can't watch it in English...I simply can not. stare  
~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff