Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Learning, Japanese 

Reply The Japanese Guild
who wants to be anime artists when they get older? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HinotaiXKikono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:00 pm
Aikachi
I want to be an animator, but I don't think I want to move to Japan for it ^^; I want to work for Disney. *ducks to avoid getting hit by cans and other objects* (people: BLASPHEMER!!! GET OFF THE STAGE!!!!)
O_O;;
anyways, if you are going to college in Japan, I suggest you learn as much of the language as possible. In order to attend a Japanese university, I think you have to be fluent by a certain degree... Best of luck to you!

OooOh! I was thinking of also working for Disney and start my career from their.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:20 am
HinotaiXKikono
Aikachi
I want to be an animator, but I don't think I want to move to Japan for it ^^; I want to work for Disney. *ducks to avoid getting hit by cans and other objects* (people: BLASPHEMER!!! GET OFF THE STAGE!!!!)
O_O;;
anyways, if you are going to college in Japan, I suggest you learn as much of the language as possible. In order to attend a Japanese university, I think you have to be fluent by a certain degree... Best of luck to you!

OooOh! I was thinking of also working for Disney and start my career from their.
disney=teh shiznit. you dont have to agree with that =P especially in light of their recent films and direct-to-video sequels... AND the fact that they FIRED their ENTIRE hand drawn animation department. ALL OF THEM O_O its all been done with computers now. oh well =3  

Aikachi

St.Michael777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 pm
i'd love to do manga, unfourtanelty im not the best drawer, heh, so i would look into game designing/play testing my self.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:53 pm
A lot of my friends are fantastic artists when it comes to drawing (in general and in anime). I can hardly compare, but I can at least make my drawing look like what I'm attempting to draw, just not in high detail or realistically.

If I ever wished to attempt a manga/anime career I would be better suited as a writer. Writers hardly get much credit, which that's not really what I'm seeking in the first place, but they do get the chance to create manga without fantastic art skills (you have to be able to make character sketches and drawing boards at least though).

I already have an assortment of fresh manga plots that I've mapped out through RPing or just drafting, but alas I have no way to make it into a complete manga. That's the biggest task of a manga writer: finding an artist!  

Ferra

the_chibster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 am
i amm the story line writer for several comics and the artist of 2  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:35 pm
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
One of my friends actuly got TokyoPop to publish her manga that she's been writing and shes only 15.
As soon as I get the title of it and the relese dates on it, I'll post them here.

But this just proves there is no age limit for doing mangas.

that is so awesome. i promise to read it.  

moonlightxxstars

moonlightxxstars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:36 pm
nyanchan
I have no desire to be an anime/manga artist for the sheer fact that I cannot draw. Translate, maybe, but not draw.

yea me too. it's so sad. i used to draw but then i quit. no practice = bad and badder drawings  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:38 pm
the_chibster
i amm the story line writer for several comics and the artist of 2

wow! really? what's the titles so maybe i can read them especially the ones you wrote.  

moonlightxxstars

Obanha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:36 am
Aikachi
HinotaiXKikono
Aikachi
O_O;;

disney=teh shiznit. you dont have to agree with that =P especially in light of their recent films and direct-to-video sequels... AND the fact that they FIRED their ENTIRE hand drawn animation department. ALL OF THEM O_O its all been done with computers now. oh well =3
All of the hand drawer's !? thats thats just rong! *new reson to diss like there company (nothing agenst the movies) * but when you think about how they treted there drawers, there is know way that being one would be eny good.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:02 am
It would be cool to be a manga artist except I'm bad at drawing lol. But me and a friend are working on a manga lol. xd It's been in the making for 2 years and we still don't have the character designs done and have no clue what the whole point of the story is yet...lol as you can tell we're both extremely lazy....But I did half finish a kick arse character design the other day! I'm looking at it right now it's awesome or at least it will be! xd

But yeah... my goal at the moment is to become an english teacher in Japan. I don't know what after that, I'm thinking about taking a university degree in multimedia alongside an interpreters course though. xd

Nyx408
Crew

momiji_sohma_kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:31 pm
im not so good at drawing, but i practice  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:26 pm
I'd like to draw manga when I get older.

Or maybe work for Cartoon Network and set right those anime wannabe series. >_>;  

KusanagiRyu

Toukai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:46 pm
I want to be a manga artist.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:44 pm
i want to be a manga/anime artist/story writer and move to japan.....actually my sister and i are going to create a company that produces anime/manga but first i want to be an intern or something at either adv or tokyopop or something like that...actually right now i have a manga in progress.....maybe it will get publisher...maybe not but either way it should be cool blaugh  

Gojyoylime13

Toukai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:09 pm
Gojyoylime13
i want to be a manga/anime artist/story writer and move to japan.....actually my sister and i are going to create a company that produces anime/manga but first i want to be an intern or something at either adv or tokyopop or something like that...actually right now i have a manga in progress.....maybe it will get publisher...maybe not but either way it should be cool blaugh

That sounds great, maybe you can hire me one day.  
The Japanese Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff