an old SCA thread
  a direct invite
View Results

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:58 pm
geminimaeve
I joined cuz they let me play with sharp pointy things, more so let me beat them with big sticks. I meet a guy in our UC who at the time was actually the president of the school group and started talking about his sabers, he gave me his email to contact him but I didn't. Three months later there was a booth in the UC for the group and this time I decided to go. I enjoyed beating people up during some rough patches of life, then stayed in though later because the student group made me president (okay well actually I staged a cou against the slacker his flimsy pointy stick vs my 5 ft axe, yeah he didnt stand a chance pirate )

teehee, i loved the pictures i took of you behedding the former prez and your (at the time) current vp. i should put them up here!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:30 am
I joined the SCA by accident. What I thought was an audition ended up a newcommer's meeting. My compainions left in a huff, but I was enthralled in the truest sense, and I have been so enslaved by my hobby these years since.

It is through the SCA that I have met some of my dearest friends, including my love and the accompanying household (and I thought dating could be simple... sweatdrop )  

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:49 am
Kind of a funny story as towards how I got in the game.
I'm out with friends at a park where an event is held, and just over a tall wooden fence there was a tourney going on. I am, as usual, completely oblivious to my surroundings and didn't notice the meaty thuds of rattan Vs. leather coming from over the fence. I sit down to pull a rock out of my boot and a 2 handed great-axe (rattan, not steel) flys in a graceful arc over the barricade to descend upon my unhelmeted skull. A woman in what, at the time, seemed like armor to protect her from herself more than anything else, came running around the fence to retrieve her weapon and found me. She apologized practicaly ten thousand times before introducing herself with a name that still to this day I cannot pronounce and upon observing my confusion she noted that I was not a scadian. She took me and my friends to go observe the event. A mere glance at the violence being delivered in the tourney and I looked like a kid in a candy store. when she said I could join and eventually fight I practically had to change my pants (if you know what I mean.)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:05 am
Well, I've been in the society since I was about two weeks old, so no interesting story from me, but...

I found the guild because I recently created a "never-ending pennsic" guild. Just before I made it, I realized, "oh, s**t, what if someone else already made one just like this?" So I searched up SCA, and... here I am! x^_^'''x  

ajina

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:31 am
I had a great first sca experience. I'd always been into this sort of thing... I love history, and I was always involved in madrigal choirs and such. Then, when I went to college, I made some friends who were in the sca. They brought me to my first event almost 5 years ago... Warriors and Warlords. As I stepped out of the tent for the first time in my garb, a guy I'd never met before says to me, "so... you're entering the wet chemise contest, right?" It was kind of weird. Half the people I met didn't believe I was really a newbie because I actually had nice, home made garb already, and not loaner gear. But yeah... I was hooked from the start... not that it took much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:13 pm
like ajina, i've been in longer than I can recall....

I found the guild from a banner in somebody's sig.. and here I am!  

Hyratel Dragon

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:19 pm
I posted in Imzy's original thread, way back in the day. . .

And just in the past few days I've had a bunch of Gaians PM me about the link in my signature (I don't think they know it's a link; maybe I need to make it more obvious. . . ? sweatdrop ). I've told 'em to head on over and check it out for themselves! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:25 am
I joined in college. I had heard about the SCA on the internet somewhere and decided to check it out. I dragged a friend with me to the first meeting, but she wasn't interested in the SCA. I, on the other hand, was in awe.

I found this guild through someone's sig and went crazy! I am currently not able to do the SCA, but hopefully I can get my fix on here.  

Mistress_Pooky

Styx Chick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:06 am
keetabirdy
I just searched the guild system for the SCA 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:26 pm
Been in the SCA for a good bit. I followed the link inSunegami's sig to find the guild and have added two of the banners to my own sig biggrin  

WarriorNorseWolf

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:33 pm
Norsedragoon
I followed the link in Sunegami's sig to find the guild

I've led another into our ranks! Yesss! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:32 am
Sunegami
Norsedragoon
I followed the link in Sunegami's sig to find the guild

I've led another into our ranks! Yesss! whee
Yes. I also added a sig or two into my sig to follow her example... hopefully more will follow biggrin  

WarriorNorseWolf

Valynn

1,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:19 pm
keetabirdy
I just searched the guild system for the SCA 3nodding
eek OMFG!!! Your a SCAian too? I ahve been a medievalist for years! This is too funny 3nodding

But seriously I saw itin someone's sig and joined shortly afterward. :3nod
:  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:31 pm
that and i was born into the sca and have been a scadian for 18 yrs and a freind told me bout the guild  

dkabyssaldragon

sidonia

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:32 am
the SCA is i pretty popular thing. I looked to see if there was an SCA guild and "poof" Here I am today....  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff