Submit

Shiro Mezidoria
Captain

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 am
I was talking about the very first episode.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 am
Ah, I see! 83
Ahahah, sorry... -sweatdrop-
I should go watch the first episode again... @ u @ ;;

{ EDIT }
Well, I've watched the episode now...
The manga is still pretty different from the anime.

Quote:
"Headquarters to Advance Team! It has come to our attention that part of the Away Team has come in contact with Pekoponian life forms, and that our existence may have been discovered. The mission is compromised. Therefore, headquarters is temporarily suspending all operations on Earth. The invasion fleet is to evacuate immediately! As this is an emergency, all efforts to rescue you will be abandoned. We pray for your safety, brave soldiers!"

That's what the communication from the headquarters says in the manga. Hmm... Judging from what is said, I would suppose that they are unsure of what to expect from the inhabitants of Earth and therefore wouldn't risk to go into a war which they could have a chance of losing.
Countless UFO's are however seen around Earth, so about the rest of their soldiers on Earth, I believe they were evacuated.

The clips of them invading are part of Fuyuki's dream, so I'm not sure if they were ever really certain of their victory or not. 8'o Also, in the manga in Fuyuki's dream, Natsumi "merely" trips and the attack on her by Keroro isn't shown either. 8B;;

I'm not really sure if this was helpful in any way... @ u @ ;;

I wonder what happened to the "Keronian Military Code Number 8: If a weapon is taken by enemy forces, the soldier's penalty will be death!" part in the first episode though. It's a quote from when Keroro realizes he's missing the Kero Ball in the manga... > u < ;;

Lechat du Cheshire

Crochet Hearts
Vice Captain

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:54 pm
This makes the manga seem even more interesting to me lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 pm
Well, I could try and scan the first chapter of the manga in English (my version of it is around 4 years old though) and post it here in the guild if anyone would be interested in reading it (if they didn't already) and perhaps have a small discussion about it? 83
Only if anyone's interested though. > u < ;;

Lechat du Cheshire

Crochet Hearts
Vice Captain

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:10 pm
Actually, I was thinking of setting up an area for manga information and such in general. xd I notice many places cover the anime but not so often do they bother with the manga.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:30 am
Sounds like a good idea to me. @ u @

And you're right about that.
I suppose not many have gotten their hands on the manga... Or maybe they couldn't? > u < ;;
I got mine from a special store here which gets the stuff imported from TokyoPop, I believe.
(And from ADV Manga, Viz, Shonen Jump, etc~)
So I was pretty lucky in my case. < u < ;;
It's kind of too bad, actually. 8'o
Especially since there are some rather major differences.
Mainly about the fact that Giroro, Kururu and especially Dororo are introduced MUCH earlier in the anime than in the manga... X u x ;;

Lechat du Cheshire

LittleKittyStars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:43 pm
Quote:
Sounds like a good idea to me. @ u @

And you're right about that.
I suppose not many have gotten their hands on the manga... Or maybe they couldn't? > u < ;;
I got mine from a special store here which gets the stuff imported from TokyoPop, I believe.
(And from ADV Manga, Viz, Shonen Jump, etc~)
So I was pretty lucky in my case. < u < ;;
It's kind of too bad, actually. 8'o
Especially since there are some rather major differences.
Mainly about the fact that Giroro, Kururu and especially Dororo are introduced MUCH earlier in the anime than in the manga... X u x ;;

YAY, another manga reader!! :3 For some reason though, it's pretty easy to find Keroro mangas where I live O_o; The Borders by where I live has like, 5-10 volumes or something xD

But yeah, the manga is really different in some places @_@; It's insane how Dororo first appeared in volume 7, but ep 13 (?) in the anime O__o;; And how Dororo and Koyuki actually live next door to the Hinatas in the manga instead of some forest xD And how the anime is just overall more toned down for kids than the manga >> << >>

Also, the first 2 volumes of the manga are on Keroro World if anyone wants to read it :3 Aidoru, I totally LOVE your idea of a discussion on it! xD We can talk about all the differences and stuff 8D (And how weird Keroro looked in the first few chapters O_o; )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 am
Quote:
YAY, another manga reader!! :3 For some reason though, it's pretty easy to find Keroro mangas where I live O_o; The Borders by where I live has like, 5-10 volumes or something xD

But yeah, the manga is really different in some places @_@; It's insane how Dororo first appeared in volume 7, but ep 13 (?) in the anime O__o;; And how Dororo and Koyuki actually live next door to the Hinatas in the manga instead of some forest xD And how the anime is just overall more toned down for kids than the manga >> << >>

Also, the first 2 volumes of the manga are on Keroro World if anyone wants to read it :3 Aidoru, I totally LOVE your idea of a discussion on it! xD We can talk about all the differences and stuff 8D (And how weird Keroro looked in the first few chapters O_o; )

A fellow manga reader?! @ u @ yay~! -dances xD-
And lucky you then. T u T
Here where I live, there isn't all that much manga and anime...
So most of the series I read are in English and are imported. < u < ;;
FFFFF, I can't wait for volume 17 to come out~ @ A @ ;; -insanely impatient about it-
I'll have to talk to my dad about pre-ordering it or something. . w .

And that was exactly my thought when I watched the episode with Dororo. o x o
I mean, it's not like I wouldn't love it if he'd appeared earlier (or the others for that matter) in the manga, but...
They had to change to many things from the manga to the anime because of the much too early character appearances. X u x ;;
I also noticed that Dororo seems to get a lot more "screen time" in the anime compared to the manga. o u x ;;
I love Dororo and Koyuki's "ninja house"... xD
MOAR SCREEN TIME FOR DORORO~ 8U
...and the Garuru Platoon~ |D;;

Yeah, they did tone it down quite a lot...
Especially about the occasional panty shots of Natsumi... xD;;
I remember Keroro trying to "cut up" her panties with a knife in the first volume because of the Kero Ball. < u <
That, and when Aki got home, Keroro attacked her with a "knife" ("saw"? xD) and not the Kero Ball. 8B;;
Not only that, ofc ourse, but it was what seemed worth mentioning at the moment. xD;;

Oh, they are? o u o
Well, that came in handy then. xD
-isn't on good terms with scanner- < u <

Hmm, I found some "sample pages" from the manga in English on photobucket once...
The translation was so different from my mangas though. o u o ;;
I know that my first 6 volumes are like several YEARS old...
But, the sample pages were from volume 7+...
And I only "recently" got those volumes~ @ u @ ;;
Then again, judging from what I know...
Even the English translation of the manga has incorrect translated stuff.
Ahahah, but then again, that might just be me. 8B;;

Aww, you think it's a good idea too? 83
And do keep in mind that the first volume is from November 1999 which is like 4-5 years before the anime even started... xD

Lechat du Cheshire

LittleKittyStars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Quote:
Quote:

A fellow manga reader?! @ u @ yay~! -dances xD-
And lucky you then. T u T
Here where I live, there isn't all that much manga and anime...
So most of the series I read are in English and are imported. < u < ;;
FFFFF, I can't wait for volume 17 to come out~ @ A @ ;; -insanely impatient about it-
I'll have to talk to my dad about pre-ordering it or something. . w .

And that was exactly my thought when I watched the episode with Dororo. o x o
I mean, it's not like I wouldn't love it if he'd appeared earlier (or the others for that matter) in the manga, but...
They had to change to many things from the manga to the anime because of the much too early character appearances. X u x ;;
I also noticed that Dororo seems to get a lot more "screen time" in the anime compared to the manga. o u x ;;
I love Dororo and Koyuki's "ninja house"... xD
MOAR SCREEN TIME FOR DORORO~ 8U
...and the Garuru Platoon~ |D;;

Yeah, they did tone it down quite a lot...
Especially about the occasional panty shots of Natsumi... xD;;
I remember Keroro trying to "cut up" her panties with a knife in the first volume because of the Kero Ball. < u <
That, and when Aki got home, Keroro attacked her with a "knife" ("saw"? xD) and not the Kero Ball. 8B;;
Not only that, ofc ourse, but it was what seemed worth mentioning at the moment. xD;;

Oh, they are? o u o
Well, that came in handy then. xD
-isn't on good terms with scanner- < u <

Hmm, I found some "sample pages" from the manga in English on photobucket once...
The translation was so different from my mangas though. o u o ;;
I know that my first 6 volumes are like several YEARS old...
But, the sample pages were from volume 7+...
And I only "recently" got those volumes~ @ u @ ;;
Then again, judging from what I know...
Even the English translation of the manga has incorrect translated stuff.
Ahahah, but then again, that might just be me. 8B;;

Aww, you think it's a good idea too? 83
And do keep in mind that the first volume is from November 1999 which is like 4-5 years before the anime even started... xD

YAYY!! :3 *high five* xD Even though the Keroro manga is more available where I live, it sounds like you're farther in the series than me razz I'm only up to volume 13 T___T MUST... GET... MORE!! xD I hope you can get 17~ :3

lmao, agreed! xDD It's so weird how he came in the manga so late too O_o; I'd seriously like to hear Mine Yoshizaki's reason for that, lmao razz And yeah, Dororo's barely in the manga once he gets introduced too X__x; Kind of depressing D: I like that the anime did more with his character xD Their ninja house is awesome ;33 It makes a lot more sense than them living next door to the Hinatas, imo xD

LOL, I thought that was hilarious xD But yeah, uh, definitely not appropriate for kids, rofl xD The fanservice can be pretty funny sometimes (like in that case), but other than that it really is a bit much, imo -__-;

Mmhmm! :3 It IS pretty helpful xD My scanner hates me too T__T

That's weird o__o; Were they fan translations or something? O_o; That'd be really odd if they were the original official ones or something o_o; And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they mistranslated the English mangas a bit >>; I remember them changing Tamama's "jealousy shot" to "sh** shot" in that soccer chapter in volume 9 xD Although I have to admit, the change that they made was funnier than the original razz

Yeah, definitely!! 8D You should have the honor of making the thread, since you came up with the idea ;33

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:33 am
I have no objections with others making the thread. xd
I was unsure of how to start one like that exactly O.o  

Crochet Hearts
Vice Captain

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Lechat du Cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:07 am
{@} ShadalooDoll {@}

-high fives back xD-
And well, I started reading it like...back in 2004. @ u @ ;;
Though as mentioned, I only "recently" got volume 7 an 9-15~ |D;;
Sadly, I was told they don't make volume 8 anymore. ; x ;
So I'll have to buy it off of Amazon or something...
...along with volume 17 and the 3rd movie. o u o
Aww, thanks. xD
I hope you'll get the rest of the volumes soon too~! > u <
Volume 16 isn't out before December or so, I think...
So I'm impatiently waiting~ @ A @ ;;
I'm more interested in 17 though...

I'd like to know that too. < u <
I know Keroro and the others forgot about him, but come on, how long did it take again in Earth time when looking through the chapters? xD
Dororo deserves moar attention and screen time~! 8U
That's something that was better in the anime. T u T
Well, I did like the "anime version" of him better...
Even if he seemed "cooler" and less "whimpering" in the manga. xD;;
And I agree with you on that. It does make more sense IMO too. . w .

I thought so too and it was kinda too bad that they cut that out... xD
I kinda missed it in the anime since it seemed to be a big part of the jokes...
Demo, it's all up to the animators and directors.
And since they chose to tone it down a lot, well... X u x ;;

I never visit those websites, actually...
I'm usually too busy roaming around on other sites. < w < > w >
Aww, I can at least tell you that you're not alone about that. . w .

I have NO idea, but it seems most likely that they were. o 3 o ;;
Well, the characters change ranks a lot and various other things through the manga.
I still don't get why they had to change Kururu's name... o x o ;;
And, about that, which I wondered about when I first read the chapter...xD;;
"Shitto", being translated to jealousy, could be mistakenly translated to sh** in that case...
That's at least the most logical reason I can come up with. 8B;;

You think so? @ u @ ;; -scratches back of head-
I guess I'll think about it since I fail at starting up threads... xD;;

{@} Marie Bloodrose {@}

Oi, I don't know that either! xD;;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 am
It could easily become a good area for it's discussion as well as based with facts and so on...
I hope you know what I'm getting at... I'm supposed to be in bed and can't think straight.  

Crochet Hearts
Vice Captain

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Lechat du Cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am
I must admit I was surprised that you were still online. @ u @ ;;
Says the purrson being online at school. -shot-

I know what you mean though. -nod-
When it comes to "layout" and such though... < u < ;; -sweatdrop-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 am
That is troublesome O.-  

Crochet Hearts
Vice Captain

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

LittleKittyStars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:59 pm
@ Aidoru: Wow, you've been a fan for so long!! o__o;; I know what you mean though xDD I first started reading Keroro in 2005, I think, but then kept forgetting about it x_x; I only really started to get into it this year xDD That's so random how they don't make volume 8 anymore though O__o;; Good luck with Amazon~ I hate ordering manga online, but it IS pretty convenient razz You're gonna get the 3rd movie?? :O AWESOME~! I wanna see it soo bad xDD

lmao, I KNOW!! xD It was like, what, over 2-3 years?? O_o; Poor Dororo T__T And yeah, I like Dororo better in the anime too ;3 Keroro's always so mean to him though, lmao crying Yay for sense-making!! :3

I knoww!! xD I mean, come on, the New Year's ep where Mois forces everyone to eat that random goo stuff (WTF??) was soo much funnier in the manga when they all got drunk instead xDD

Really? xD I do occasionally, but I mostly just hang out on forums xD

Yeah, I've noticed some of the inconsistency X_x; Especially with the honorifics sometimes O_o; I hate how they changed Kururu's name too!! X__x;; it's so pointless ;_; And yeah, that's true ;33

Mmhmm! :3 You bring up so many good points, so I'm sure it'd be good xD

Invasion Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces