Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Zac Effron play Light Yagami?
  NO WAY IN HELL!
  Yeah, why not
View Results

Pandora_Of_the_Box

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:17 pm
omg i havent heard this before!! im nao very eager to see it! but i will srsly be PISSED if zac gets to be Ratio!!! scream i also hope that the american writers stick to the manga/anime closer than how the japanese writers did. not that im complaining about them f***ing up the ending of the second movie and turning rem into a guy >.< or about the l change the world movie (which i absolutly love btw ^^)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:11 pm
Hell to the NO, Zac Effron is NOT being Kira!!! I mean I can kinda see it with the hair but NO  

bhuniveIze

Versatile Lunatic

ClarinetOtakuMai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 pm
I heard it's being made by Hollywood, and that's why it's going to suck. I hope they realize that there's already a dubbed version of the first two movies, and Death Note takes place in Japan. So why in the heck or they making an American version? Plus, I don't think they need to make a freaking American Death Note! How in the world will they do L. If they actually make one I'll will so hate it!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 am
Honestly, I don't care who plays who in the American Death Note movie. The thing that bothers me is that they're thinking of making one at all! Honestly, no one can top Kenichi Matsuyama's portrayal of L in the live action movie.

Grr...why is there the need to make an American version of all the good Japanese stories?

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Silver_Afro

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:36 am
Josephine Falnor
Honestly, I don't care who plays who in the American Death Note movie. The thing that bothers me is that they're thinking of making one at all! Honestly, no one can top Kenichi Matsuyama's portrayal of L in the live action movie.

Grr...why is there the need to make an American version of all the good Japanese stories?

Exactly. Matsuyama was amazing and it is impossible to top the orginal.

The Americans need to get their own stories, seriously it's not that hard.

Ye, Zefron playing Kira does annoy me. I mean, he is a fine actor and all but his reputation has wrecked him. Yes, I hate the sight of him, but I guess if he proved he could do it and left my TV screen for a little while (no Disney Channell updates please!) it could be good. But the L issue follows this. I can't imagine anyone else playing L-kun.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:37 am
There is no way Zac Efron can ever be " L "
One reason being that he hasn't the right skills to be "L"
-Well that is just my opinion.
Another thing I'd like to add in my own opinion--in away I
really dislike the idea of an americanized Death Note movie.  

Katsumi KojimaXx

Tree Hamster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 pm
Oh gawd. Now I'm imagining Death Note Musical........ gonk THE HORROR!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:08 pm
x Dark Wishes x
There is no way Zac Efron can ever be " L "
One reason being that he hasn't the right skills to be "L"
-Well that is just my opinion.
Another thing I'd like to add in my own opinion--in away I
really dislike the idea of an americanized Death Note movie.

I really wouldn't mind an americanized Death Note movie....as long as L is hawt. whee  

Tree Hamster

a Twisted Cheshire Cat

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:42 pm
i wouldn't minded an american version of Death Note (as long as they stick to the script! [for the most part]) but Zac Efron as Light? HELLZ NO!!!! Efron is good when it comes to Disney movies and comedies like 17 Again (although i haven't seen it yet, but it looks like a good laugh), but that's it! i am worried about who would play L greatly, especially if Efron get's the part of Light. Mastuyama's performace (this is from only watching preveiws of L changes the world and Death Note) was flawless! Can't find a better L!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:00 am
I personally don't care if they make an American version; I didn't like the Japanese movies xD. Honestly though, I think Zac Efron would possibly be the best choice. Some of y'all don't know this, but Zac is capable of playing things other than Disney; he was in an episode of CSI after the first HSM came out, in which he played a school shooter and was blown up by his own bomb. He's very much capable of portraying Light in my eyes, being able to play someone from a childish setting to a murderer.

Though, I'd love to see Johnny Depp as L. He always said he plays the weird roles, and L's a weird role, right? xD

ZetsubouNikki
Vice Captain

Shadowy Loiterer

7,175 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

heavon_above

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 pm
no way is some kid who played in the musical can play Light!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:39 am
No matter how much I may detest Light, I would never wish something as bad as this upon him...
ugh... it gives me shivers just thinking that zac is even a POSSIbLIITY to be Light!!!
nuff' said  

Comrade Kidd

4,950 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

xLawlipop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:29 am
If he is chosen to play Light the movie would just be plain fail. D:
I'm curious to see who they would pick to be L. I liked the Japanese version of the movie, the guy they picked for L really played the part great. :]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:05 pm
The only thing Light and Zack have in common is hair color. I respect Zack but I dont think he could play Light! Light's character is compeatly different than any of Zacks previous work.  

Usagi Meroko

raspberries-ftw

Intergalactic Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:54 pm
I think that Zac Efron would make a good Light. I don't think that Zac should be blamed just becasue he was in the HSM movies. It's not like he personally created the idea for those movies. And plus, I've heard him actually say that he is a fan of Death note. So he would know what Light would and wouldn't say and I think he would play the part well.

I think that Zac Efron is a great choice for the role of Light. But then only thing that concerns me is, who will play as L? Nobody could ever in a million years beat the amazing performance of Kenichi Matsuyama. It's impossible, that man is just plain amazing~

Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff