With a pinch of salt.
  With a stick!
  With gold!!
View Results

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:22 pm
i never go outside the guild anymore.. i scurred  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:13 pm
I hate the "texting" age! I can't understand anything people write anymore. Why is it so difficult to write properly? I wish people would show consideration to their language and learn to write it correctly. Bah! "LOL, BRB, WTF, ROFL"....SIGHHHHHHH crying Incidentally, I'm glad someone else asked about "nomnoms", I was completely lost, so thanks!  

Ybrik

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 pm
Ybrik
I hate the "texting" age! I can't understand anything people write anymore. Why is it so difficult to write properly? I wish people would show consideration to their language and learn to write it correctly. Bah! "LOL, BRB, WTF, ROFL"....SIGHHHHHHH crying Incidentally, I'm glad someone else asked about "nomnoms", I was completely lost, so thanks!

you would HATE me and my weird young tendanceys, i write out my texts, which takes forever since i dont have a keybored...yet.
However, and this is where you will groan, chat speak has some how found its way into my vocab, personal favs, WTF mate, and O-M-F*cking-G, yeah not sure where the second one got picked up from, but i know the first one we (my dorm friends and I) stole from the endz of the worldz thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:42 pm
Ybrik

wat r U sayin' d00d? IDK wat u meen  

AntoniaMerEnfant

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:10 am
I don't really think there's a good way to tell kids that they don't know much because they don't have experience...at least tactfully. They'd never listen to that anyway. Yeah...I escaped the general forums and have since taken up a solaced refuge here in our guild too. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:21 pm
Every once in a great blue moon will I venture outside the guild and vist the ED. Visiting the fourms and seeing the attacks people make over a simple topic is outragious. I tend to only talk to people know and everyone here in the guild. Big events also are painful at times too.

I think once the MMO is up and running there will be a number of old people that crop up. Maybe not as many but it will become a draw for those who frequent that particular type of game.  

Noirkaze

RisuNyfiken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm
I don't venture much outside this guild either. Threre was another one I belonged to, but... *sniff*, thus like a burnt piece of paper the library guild died.

At any rate, it's not just inside the guild that language usage has become corrupt. It's outside to.

*shudder and thinks of the day she had at work when a patron was trying to type an english paper and .....I'm just going to stop before I get started.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:35 pm
Wyst
Headhunter
Word Games seems to be the only island of sanity in the intellectual black hole that is the rest of Gaia. I've heard good things about extended discussion too, but I never go there, myself

Extended discussion is where I usually go.. that and Lifestyle discussion...

Even ED is getting tot he point where there's no more point in talking. In fact, my last go around happened there. stressed

It's is why gaia..gets boring time to time...but then time after time it has got worse. sweatdrop stressed 3nodding domokun xp wahmbulance dramallama emo  

AQuAxXxScORP_62704

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:26 pm
I teach... so I am Bilingual and "speak" kid. But I STILL avoid it like the plague during MY play time. So I rarely leave my guilds when I am on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:46 am
English is my 3rd language so i often spell things wrong if i´m not sure i ask my dictionary.
well, i stopped to go to the normal forums after i argued with some teens about the second world war and that hitler wasn´t cool. i still cannot believe that i found so many people pro Hitler and cons abortion...  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sheboygan Milad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:14 pm
I would not have guessed that English is your third language. You do very well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:40 pm
I want to learn a second language but find that the pronuciations are very hard for me.  

RisuNyfiken

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:24 pm
Admittedly, I have ripped PMers new ones for poor use of the English language. I know that sometimes it can make me into a bad person, but there is only so much I can take.

I am still trying to find a home here amungst you guys. It'll take a bit since I'm not on as often as I'd like.

I feel your pain.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:02 pm
I'm new here and already afraid of the forums.  

i am ponkie

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:39 pm
Ameliechan
English is my 3rd language so i often spell things wrong if i´m not sure i ask my dictionary.
well, i stopped to go to the normal forums after i argued with some teens about the second world war and that hitler wasn´t cool. i still cannot believe that i found so many people pro Hitler and cons abortion...

I do not have a problem with non-native speakers spelling things wrong or having imperfect grammar. Besides smile your posts are always coherent.

It amazes me how many people think being a Nazi is "cool". On facebook I once made a post that illustrated in a small way how White Supremacy groups hurt us all, regardless of our own race. I had people "subtract" a friend off their list going through African Americans, people of Latin descent, Jews, Gay-Lesbian-Transgender-and Bisexual friends, Catholics, persons with disabilities, etc... and to see how many friends would be left. The point was what if the KKK or the Neo Nazis succeeded in eliminating all these groups. It's really scary to imagine what could happen to the people you love if hate groups had their way.

Some of the kids think it's cool to joke around about that stuff. They think it's funny to troll about saying racist, sexist, and downright nasty words. It makes me ache inside- you just don't joke about some things.  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff