• Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm
Megumi Dolohov
I'm saving up for This Doll.

They're so expensive. T__T

I would sell my soul for one. 3nodding

She's very beautiful, now I know where my next doll is going to be from xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Ha ha, virtually everyone responding is commenting on how expensive they are! The Lolita Society should get together and have a petition begging for money, or better yet, a very large bake sale. Kidding, kidding, but it'd definitely be a sight for sore eyes (girls in frills stalking Bill Gates; "Hello, fine sir, would you like to but some Loli Donuts? Cute girls included in every bite! heart ").  

Crystal Orchid

sickle_bloodless

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:34 am
-Lolita_Kana-
Crystal Orchid
What would you say is the best way to start a Dollfie collection? I was looking around on Dream of Doll, and that place isn't really suited for a tightwad like myself. Any and all help is deeply appreciated!

If you're looking for something to test the waters with but that is still good quality so that when you keep them you don't regret it then I suggest:
Bobobie Mall
Divinity Doll

Bobobie.com needs to hire a new webdesigner O_O;;;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:06 pm
sickle_bloodless
-Lolita_Kana-
Crystal Orchid
What would you say is the best way to start a Dollfie collection? I was looking around on Dream of Doll, and that place isn't really suited for a tightwad like myself. Any and all help is deeply appreciated!

If you're looking for something to test the waters with but that is still good quality so that when you keep them you don't regret it then I suggest:
Bobobie Mall
Divinity Doll

Bobobie.com needs to hire a new webdesigner O_O;;;

Lol yes at first I was also discouraged by that but I searched through reviews on Den of Angels and everyone had good reviews about the doll. I have to agree that they are very well crafted and their customer service is amazing.  

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

kaleido_star_4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 am
I have one ^-^ Her name is Little Lottie and she is a SD Kun. heart
I would say she is a more lolita kind of girl, she looks really good in light colors.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:43 am
I don't have one myself, but imho they can look very loli... or just about any style you want them to. xD

I think it'd be kind of cute if someone had one and coordinated their outfit to match with the doll's. There's always a risk of it going over the top though.  

tealove

Chatty Shopper

Princess JessieKate

Kawaii Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:32 pm
tealove
I don't have one myself, but imho they can look very loli... or just about any style you want them to. xD

I think it'd be kind of cute if someone had one and coordinated their outfit to match with the doll's. There's always a risk of it going over the top though.
I'm so planning on doing that. xD I've already got the fabric to make us some matching outfits.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:59 pm
JessieKateRose
tealove

I'm so planning on doing that. xD I've already got the fabric to make us some matching outfits.

Ooh. I look forward to the pictures!
^^  

tealove

Chatty Shopper

Amanikitty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 am
tealove

-C'est la lune qui conduit la danse...-

Oh I've definitely seen people do that. The issue I see the most though, is that some of those people often get the cheap-quality materials and while their doll looks kind of decent, they... well. ^^;

I've seen some really cute girls who had some nice matching outfits though!

-...quand le soleil sera couché dans ton âme froide.-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:37 am
tealove

My friend Jessie has done that, no photos of it, sadly. Also, her wardrobe is impeccable, so the doll's is, too.

Here, though:

User Image

User Image

Also, BJD related:

The lolitas in Singapore held a meet-up at the famous shop called Black Alice as a post-party for a screening of Shimotsuma Monogatari [Kamikaze Girls]. One of the lolitas there, named Joie, wrote a song about the costs of lolita versus BJD:

The Flicker Page for Joie’s Song

The Lyrics:
Last night, I looked at my bill
what I saw, it almost made me ill
my order from crescent dot jp
was eight hundred and ninety two usd
I had three ops, four cutsews and a bag
not to mention, my holygrail JSK
and five bows, in various different styles
and yet I think, the price is quite okay
because my dress costs less than your doll
in fact, it's 14 items all in all
makes me glad I spent that much on me
instead of a naked hairless bjd
*repeats* instead of a naked hairless bjd

The Original Post with Photos

Just thought I'd share this with those of you who aren't on EGL. The song is cute and the other girls attending were equally so. (:

spuntino
Crew

tealove

Chatty Shopper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:10 am

User Image

*finally digs out her old post layout*
Maybe now I'll stop making such a multitude of spelling errors just because I'm tired. For some reason using a post layout makes me pay attention more. xD

Amani
I guess my problem is I haven't seen people do much of anything yet? xD
And that's a shame. You'd think they'd mind themselves first, but...

spuntino
That's some coordination right there! Even down to the pose in the first photo, haha. Cute!

And that song was.. interesting, to say the least. xD
They should make a flash video for it or something.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:59 pm
What lovely pictures!
That song made me laugh.

Princess JessieKate

Kawaii Girl

Got love him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:21 am
Awww!
My sister has shown me tons of others dollfies on deviantart and their simply wonderful!I love how you can make them how evey you want,thats just about the coolest thing.

As much as those are cute and cool,Im a gothy lolita *If had had the time to make the cloathes and if I knew how >>*and i like things a little more strange.What I want is a Custom doll made by the men of horror,Ed Long and Damien Glonek,The creators of the awsome.....

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:42 pm
I'm going to get some good pictures of my doll as soon as I can. I got someone to make her actual glass slippers that fit her feet. xD They're amazinnng.  

Princess JessieKate

Kawaii Girl

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas