Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 am
Darth Vader's secret apparentice joins Soul Calibur 4

http://kotaku.com/5013926/soulcaliburs-secret-apprentice-in-action  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:35 pm
-What kinds of games do you like to play?
RPGs, action games, adventure games (Not too many of these around anymore ;_; ), shooters, a couple of fighters.
-What are some of your current favorites?
RE4, GTA4, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted.
-All time favorites?
Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Phoenix Wright series, Okami, Monkey Island series, The Longest Journey, and Dreamfall. Oh, and the big clunky 6-player X-Men arcade machine. Hells yeah.
-What games are you looking forward to?
Final Fantasy 13, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill 5, Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6.
-Anything else video game related.
Worst game I've ever played was called Ninja Assault. It's a shooting game where you're one of two ninjas who have swords, but use their...guns instead? The enemies come at you with their swords and naginatas. (A little unfair, but I suppose that explains why ninjas win. Because of their hidden pistols!) The voice dubbing is one of the most horrendous I've ever witnessed as well. I've only ever played the arcade version. I hear there's a PS2 port.

I think a good game has harmony in it.

Also, Antonia, sorry. >_>;; Maybe it would make you feel better if I told you that Yonsan went back and pwned me at SC at least 3 (or a gajillion) times? (I was horribly off that day. D: ) Still, Taki ftw. ninja  

Buyu

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 pm
Being pwnd by Yonsan is painful. It seems like he is either pwning you or being pwnd-- the boy likes his streaks.

Taki is the sh17. Let's face it, Xianghua has some good moves but after 20 minutes of "Just kidding!" she can get old. Seung Mina is very slow if you unlock her traditional garb mode in SC 2, and Ivy is just plain.... Ivy...

That and I forget if it was Casandra or Sophitia who used to knee male characters in the crotch in one of the SCs. I felt bad for poor Nightmare and Kalik. "This rod will be your doom!" (Maybe not my doom, but my knee will be your rod's doom).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:26 pm
*chooses Raphael* Vertical hits for everyone!

(even though he disapproves of this mixing of Soul Calibur and Star Wars) *chooses secret apprentice* Vertical Hits for everyone!

oh, and I must concur with headhunter, Ninja Gaiden 2 is quite good (is it just me or does Ryu have some anger issues to work out? The killing was fast and brutal in the first game, but this time it seems like overkill just a bit. I mean when you have a special move to continue dismembering a ninja you've already beheaded...).  

Yonsan

Buyu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:08 pm
Yonsan
*chooses Raphael* Vertical hits for everyone!

(even though he disapproves of this mixing of Soul Calibur and Star Wars) *chooses secret apprentice* Vertical Hits for everyone!

oh, and I must concur with headhunter, Ninja Gaiden 2 is quite good (is it just me or does Ryu have some anger issues to work out? The killing was fast and brutal in the first game, but this time it seems like overkill just a bit. I mean when you have a special move to continue dismembering a ninja you've already beheaded...).

Sheesh. Maybe Ryu realized after the beheading that he forgot to set his Tivo or something. It happens. A lot. >_> Oh, and curse your Raphael btw. domokun

As for Antonia's comment about knee-to-rod, Mitsurugi has the most annoyingly effective knee uppercut in the game. As for Taki, I hope they make her better in the next game. She wasn't as impressive in 3.

My hands are still burning.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 am
Yonsan and his rapiers virtual and irl-- it is a frustrating thing.

Taki seemed better in 2 in my opinion. By three I sort of grew to like Talim a touch better. Umbrella lady seemed such a let down-- maybe because I haven't played a lot of 3-- but she didn't seem as fun and easy to use as could be. I prefer the characters with fluid motion--- well to a point. Let's face it, you get Maxi started you might as well brew up some coffee cause it will be awhile before he finishes twirling around his glorified batons.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Buyu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
Yonsan and his rapiers virtual and irl-- it is a frustrating thing.

Taki seemed better in 2 in my opinion. By three I sort of grew to like Talim a touch better. Umbrella lady seemed such a let down-- maybe because I haven't played a lot of 3-- but she didn't seem as fun and easy to use as could be. I prefer the characters with fluid motion--- well to a point. Let's face it, you get Maxi started you might as well brew up some coffee cause it will be awhile before he finishes twirling around his glorified batons.

Didn't they stick blades to the end of each nunchuck to make it seem more menacing? Or am I thinking of something else? Setsuka the umbrella lady can actually be pretty cheap. Her whole "fast-draw" technique isn't exactly flowing, but it's designed to be the "last man (or woman) standing" thingy. Taki should be the fastest though. D: The cheapest in 3 has got to be Zalasamel/falafel alphaha sprouts or whatever his name is. Damn scythe.

I've seen a video for SC4 and one of the new characters (besides Vader and Yoda) seems to be a contortionist spider-impersonating spineless woman. It was weird. I'm not sure what I think of the other ones either.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:31 am
I never understood nunchucks with blades... I mean wouldn't you cut your arms off?

Oh, Headhunter, how far along are you in Gaiden 2? I've played for about 12 hours now and have finally reached Ch. 14 in warrior mode... but I think I'll be here for a while. I might have to call in a friend and tag team the rest of the game.  

Yonsan

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:13 pm
Yonsan
I never understood nunchucks with blades... I mean wouldn't you cut your arms off?

Oh, Headhunter, how far along are you in Gaiden 2? I've played for about 12 hours now and have finally reached Ch. 14 in warrior mode... but I think I'll be here for a while. I might have to call in a friend and tag team the rest of the game.

Oh, I finished the game just under a week ago, but I did it on acolyte. sweatdrop . Even so, prepare for some pain, because the very end is three boss fights back to back to back

I'm going through again on warrior and doing a second run on acoylte because when you start a new game on a game clear save you have all your stuff carried over.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:02 pm
-What kinds of games do you like to play?
D&D based. I started with Eye of the Beholder and Diablo 1 &2 and then graduated to nwn 1 & 2.
-What are some of your current favorites? All time favorites?
nwn 1. While 2 has the great graphics, it's slow in the transitions between areas, and it doesn't flow nicely like nwn 1. Nwn 1 also has a better server to play on line (Amia).
-What games are you looking forward to?
Amia 2 (obviously with nwn 2)
-Anything else video game related.
I play puzzles a lot too...and bought the "Bookworm" popup game. I'm so addicted to it. It's very similar to word Bump. heart  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Yonsan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:29 am
Yeah, I would have gotten my Weapon Master DS achievement, but I finally caved in on those repeating boss fights and pulled out the scythe. I'm fighting the final boss now (no health items crying ) and I'm not going to sleep until he's dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:44 am
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

OMG OMG OMG!!!  

Headhunter
Crew

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:58 pm
It would be kinda fun if all of us had a guild video game tournament over X-Box Live or something.... Don't see it happening, cause it would be hard to organize. But still, it would be fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:16 pm
EmilyScissorhands
It would be kinda fun if all of us had a guild video game tournament over X-Box Live or something.... Don't see it happening, cause it would be hard to organize. But still, it would be fun.

That WOULD be bunches of fun! If I ever get a 360, I'm totally up for that! ninja  

Ybrik

dakotarayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:27 pm
I am usually playing Call of Duty 4 online, but currently, I have been sucked back into Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic.
Love that game.  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces