Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Examples of Scams you may find PM'd to you [Upd: 2/23/10] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did this help?
  yes!
  very detailed... too much LOL
  not really...
View Results

Happyaku Bikuni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:50 pm
max3000102
join us at the
1m-lottery-extravaganza

[url=http://www.gaiaunline.c-o.cc/]

Please do not go to that link, I am posting it so you can see where NOT to go. It is a scam. As you can see, it says gaiaUNLINE and the stuff after that is obviously not .com. If you are new I strongly advise you to turn on the alert that pops up when you click on a link that leaves gaia. It should be automatically. Do not turn it off. It's for your safety.

Repeat.... DO NOT GO TO THAT FRIGGEN LINK

3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:07 pm
I just got the same thing from a different account Rio.

User Image

Reported.  

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Happyaku Bikuni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:21 pm
wow .....

This is getting pretty bad eek  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 pm
lol i was looking for my thread earlier.. in the resources subforum XD and i couldn't find it lol
@bee: lol not all at once though XD... depends whether my thread= bizy or not. If it is busy i am most likely to get one- along with anyone else in the thread at the time =( yeah and other ppl... -_-
@koro: well the ninja one.. i don't believe any gaian ( if they did indeed find a ninja band at that price... ) would tell others about it.. they would have taken it instead.
wahmbulance How to not get scammed by tinyurl links wahmbulance

For links using tinyurl you can add preview to the front of the link
so say the link was http://tinyurl.com/2oypj4 this is from my signature... and now its stuffed at the moment... because gaia disabled the links. So i doesn't redirect to my shop no more. Instead it redirects to the image i used...
so what you do to this link is add preview. in front of tinyurl likewise like this.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/20ypj4
and when you go to that link tinyurl will tell you exactly where the link leads to...
well seeing as the thing is disabled and photobucket is deciding to hate me here is the link to the image off my imageshack account.
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2829/86093076tc3.png

and some brief information about tinyurl. Tinyurl was made so that people can shorten their links. So say you had a really long url of yours... you could shorten it down. Unfortunately some ignorant people have decided they wish to abuse this to scam others, whether it be gaian gold/items. Or maybe some other site. Or maybe even your real life money etc.

edit: stressed great... photobucket will not let me upload anything D= deciding it doesn't want to like me at the moment... now les hope imageshack is working. yay it does!! blaugh  

XXXSweetkittyXXX

6,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:49 am
User Image
Ok so I got this one this morning. I edited it to point out the flaws for the newbies =] Also the profile is not available to the public, whereas ALL Admins profiles are.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Spread your Wings and FlyUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:27 am
To: bulbasaur27
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 am
Subject:

©This is a "Report Scanner". 2007 Gaia Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Attention GAIA user

We are sorry to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED due to a violation of our policy or "rules". The administrators have not told me what ways you have used your account to break our policy.Your needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Administrator, we don’t normally ask for this information but to clear your report we must. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information before you log out, the result will be a permanent ban from Gaia. If you were offline when you received this message, you have been given one week to reply to this message as of the time you logged in.
IMPORTANT
Please type your password with spaces between the letters to prevent theft like this
( E m a i l p a s s w o r d ) <---Important

Name:

Username:

Email Password:

Email:

Once your account has been verified that it is free of any faults, your e-mail provider will be notified. We thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for your cooperation. Your password will be set to GAIA123 and instantly change it again when you log back in.

the sad thing is they didn't get the date right it says 2007 when it was 2008 i couldn't help but laff at it and then report it then i said why would they need my contry  

bulbasaur27

Girl-Crazy Lover

10,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100

Rui_PT

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:52 pm
Thanks... that was helfull!  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:17 pm
I almost got scammed earlier  

Ama-ziek

Zelgadyss

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:38 am
thanks for the helpful hints smile so basically treat things here in gaia like you do IRL (least thats what it looks like to me.) if it looks to good to be true, it probably is. if the link looks fishy it probably is. if it looks like a link for identity theft IRL then it probably is here too.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:43 am
yeah just people who have no lifes XD that what to take people's stuff..  

XXXSweetkittyXXX

6,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Inylysia x

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:59 am
Okae, This Was What I Got In My Email From So Called "GaiaOnline" Recently.

" Dear User,
Your account has found to scam people and have violated our Gaia rules. In order to make sure that it is not being scammed by other users, please fill in the following blanks.

*Username:
*Password:
*Birthday:
Email (Alternative):
*Address:

* - Non-Optional blanks

Thank You for your co-operation. If you refuse to co-operate, your account shall be closed down. "

Firstly, Admin Users will not only send a message to my Gaia acc, they NEVER ask for your Username & Password. Secondly, I did not register my account with that email, so how is it possible that they sent an email to that account? Hence, I immediately reported not only through email but through Gaia too.

So People, we MUST be careful. Above are a few examples of how people almost got scammed. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:08 am
that might be someone on your email list? x.x and address oh my and occupation. sounds more then just a scammer to me O_O  

XXXSweetkittyXXX

6,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

billy dork

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:55 pm
tnx for the tips... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:08 am
wel... i have another one sitting in my inbox (scam letter...) but its pretty much a fake link.. so yeah XD  

XXXSweetkittyXXX

6,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Otaku No Yume

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm
User Image.::Love makes time pass...

I just received a scamming PM this morning.
Here's the link to the image of the PM since I don't want to be a page stretcher! D:
Luckily, I got some help in the Q&A forum. I added some tips to the image.

...time makes love pass::.User Image

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces