Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:19 am
raptor jesus 777
mihori_0624
raptor jesus 777
Isn't L's real name actually "Ellal Lawliet", and not just "L lawliet"? that would make a whole lot more sense.
or maybe I thought about this too much and somehow conceived the idea that It was something other than what it seemed to be.
Ellal would then be a crazy name for L, even for the creators. The reason why L's first name is L, might be partly because the creators couldn't think of a nicer name for L, something that's "so great no one would ever think about" they must have already raked up their brain with just thinking of Lawliet... Maybe, after thinking of the surnmae as Lawliet, they couldn't think of any names starting with L, that is equal or way better than Lawliet. SO they just stopped raking their brains for names. And they just let his official manga name be L. Just a simple L. But a GREAT simple L! With that though, they just created another mystery for the fans to think about!

ya, there aren't many names that begin with L that would be as awesome as just L, but if you say "Ellal", it sure does sound like you were just saying L. It's actually a real name, too. I think his first name IS actually Ellal, and if you think about it using my assumption, you could see why he just got called "L".
Also, L himself said in the manga, as I remember, that L was simply a surname. I know that he might be hiding it in plain sight, but still, I don't think he'd put his real name as an alias. so, the 2 best reasons why i believe that his first name is Ellal:
1: it is said in the manga that L is just a surname (or an alias)
2: what kind of parent names their child "L"?

Of course, this is simply my opinion. I also heard this somewhere, although I forgot where sad
Yes, the simple "L" is very awesome. awesome name awesome character right? All I'm really trying to do here is satisfy my own thirst for more knowledge of death note...

It's simply "L Lawliet".
Knowing about the characters and their backgrounds is all dandy but let's not make things too complicated. That's why there's an F.A.Q. Accept some things as they are.
The name reads as L Lawliet. :3
You also have to remember that the creators themselves were lazy with some things. Not art work or story line, but backgrounds, oh heck ya. Or that's just what they want us to think. xD
No seriously, they could be doing it on purpose. ._.

Besides the mystery in the story is what makes it so intriguing, don't wanna spoil that, now do you? xD

1. L lies. A lot. Point blank. xD
2. I know a couple that name their child "One". Then there's those other out rageous names like "Apple". It's just the oddities of people. :3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:57 pm
Tea with Bubbly
raptor jesus 777
mihori_0624
raptor jesus 777
Isn't L's real name actually "Ellal Lawliet", and not just "L lawliet"? that would make a whole lot more sense.
or maybe I thought about this too much and somehow conceived the idea that It was something other than what it seemed to be.
Ellal would then be a crazy name for L, even for the creators. The reason why L's first name is L, might be partly because the creators couldn't think of a nicer name for L, something that's "so great no one would ever think about" they must have already raked up their brain with just thinking of Lawliet... Maybe, after thinking of the surnmae as Lawliet, they couldn't think of any names starting with L, that is equal or way better than Lawliet. SO they just stopped raking their brains for names. And they just let his official manga name be L. Just a simple L. But a GREAT simple L! With that though, they just created another mystery for the fans to think about!

ya, there aren't many names that begin with L that would be as awesome as just L, but if you say "Ellal", it sure does sound like you were just saying L. It's actually a real name, too. I think his first name IS actually Ellal, and if you think about it using my assumption, you could see why he just got called "L".
Also, L himself said in the manga, as I remember, that L was simply a surname. I know that he might be hiding it in plain sight, but still, I don't think he'd put his real name as an alias. so, the 2 best reasons why i believe that his first name is Ellal:

Of course, this is simply my opinion. I also heard this somewhere, although I forgot where sad
Yes, the simple "L" is very awesome. awesome name awesome character right? All I'm really trying to do here is satisfy my own thirst for more knowledge of death note...

It's simply "L Lawliet".
Knowing about the characters and their backgrounds is all dandy but let's not make things too complicated. That's why there's an F.A.Q. Accept some things as they are.
You also have to remember that the creators themselves were lazy with some things. Not art work or story line, but backgrounds, oh heck ya. Or that's just what they want us to think. xD

Besides the mystery in the story is what makes it so intriguing, don't wanna spoil that, now do you? xD

2. I know a couple that name their child "One". Then there's those other out rageous names like "Apple". It's just the oddities of people. :3

I would love to accept things as they are, but some things just aren't. L's name reads, in the japanese version, as "Errar". replace the R's with L's and you have his name. I replaced the R's with L's because the japanese don't have L's in their language unless they want to. but originally, there are no L's in japanese.  

raptor jesus 777

CoverMeInYourBlood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:11 am
H3lblad3
What about pronunciations of Lawliet?
Is it really pronounced "Low-light"?

Law-Let  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:12 pm
say, where can I get this book 'Death Note how to read 13'?
I say law-liet like a french name because it makes it sound prettier than law-let..

mystiqechat

Saint Hallow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:58 pm
who are L's parents?

i heard some where before that they were abusive, and locked hom in a closet, thus him sitting weird.

is that true?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:14 pm
IttyBittyKitty
H3lblad3
That's how I pronounced it, but I've seen in several places where people have said otherwise. sweatdrop

I pronounce it with a mixture of the two =__=;;

Law-Light

haha *shot*

Me, too.
...Thanks to you, of course, Itty.  

surgexmonkey
Captain

ZetsubouNikki
Vice Captain

Shadowy Loiterer

7,175 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 pm
raptor jesus 777
Tea with Bubbly
raptor jesus 777
mihori_0624
raptor jesus 777

It's simply "L Lawliet".

I would love to accept things as they are, but some things just aren't. L's name reads, in the japanese version, as "Errar". replace the R's with L's and you have his name. I replaced the R's with L's because the japanese don't have L's in their language unless they want to. but originally, there are no L's in japanese.

L's name simple reads Eru in Japanese. There's nothing else to it, it's just L. That's what it said on the True Name card in HTR 13, thats what it said in HTR 13. Theres no way the name could be misconstrued as something else, it's simply L.
If you watched the series in Japanese, it's pronounced Eru. The kanji even reads エル (e-ru.) There's no way it could be pronounced Error.

Bleh, posting in an old topic, but I can't stand to see slander in his name :/  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 am
insanic_lollipop
who are L's parents?

i heard some where before that they were abusive, and locked hom in a closet, thus him sitting weird.

is that true?

in the episode with the sound of bells remember he was an orphan cause the memmory he had was of the orphanage Watari founded  

Lilitherin

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Marissa_Jean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:46 pm
mystiqechat
say, where can I get this book 'Death Note how to read 13'?
I say law-liet like a french name because it makes it sound prettier than law-let..

You can get how to read in Barnes and Noble or Borders.

According to how to read L is part French.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:14 pm
Tea with Bubbly
Q. Did Misa die?

A. Again that is another answer that isn't revealed until "Death Note 13: How to Read", it's kind of hinted that the creators got lazy with her ending, they imply that she became horribly depressed and commited suicide.
The anime also implies that she commited suicide but truthfully, it's almost anyones quess how she passed on... at least in the manga.

I heard that they didn't want to explicitly say that Misa committed suicide because of the high suicide rate in Japan. Directly saying Misa killed herself would be a taboo because it would influence impressionable young minds or some nonsense.

Also, about L's name, maybe his parents wanted a girl and were going to name her "Elle" but were all disappointed when they had a boy so they named him that anyway! xd  

randomnessensues

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:18 pm
Special note on L's name.

L: Change the WorLd states his name as L Lawliet, as well. 3nodding I believe in English characters, though I can't fully remember.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:02 pm
I am confused on something...I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask but I have a question about L's death and when Near and Mello found out about it.

From what I understand:

L died on November 5, 2004 yet in the anime when it shows the part where Roger tells Near and Mello what happened, the date says its December 2007.

I don't know...maybe I overlooked something or didn't pay attention to something. Can someone help me clear this up?
neutral

Sayaka Tenoh

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:11 am
Sayaka Tenoh
I am confused on something...I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask but I have a question about L's death and when Near and Mello found out about it.

From what I understand:

L died on November 5, 2004 yet in the anime when it shows the part where Roger tells Near and Mello what happened, the date says its December 2007.

I don't know...maybe I overlooked something or didn't pay attention to something. Can someone help me clear this up?
neutral

I haven't actually seen the anime yet, but from what I've heard, the timeline was different from the one in the manga. That's the only explenation I can think of.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:18 pm
Well... I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this, but I didn't want to make a new thread just for it.
In the anime, in the episode where matsuda appeared on Sakura TV as misa's manager (it's either 22 or 23), there was a scene with L watching tne "Cosme-misa" advertisment and biting hard on a banana peel. What was that supposed to mean?
Sorry if that's a wrong thread.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Silver_Afro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 am
H3lblad3
Special note on L's name.

L: Change the WorLd states his name as L Lawliet, as well. 3nodding I believe in English characters, though I can't fully remember.

Yes, in the film it was English characters  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces