Reply SCA Guild
Stepping on toes and other No-no's Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:06 pm
A friend of mine was once called before the crown, and having missed most of court (he had to be sent for) he had no idea why. Thinking it was for an A&S award of some kind, he knelt before the queen. She sort of giggled and the king said "get away from my wife!"

Turns out he was being honored for combat. Oops.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:53 pm
My first event ever was in August and within the first half-hour I had already messed up badly enough to get a dressing down by the Kyergen (sp?). She had pressed me into service as a water/ food bearer for the fighters and I got too close to where they were going to be fighting. As it was my first event, I didn't know any better, and I was only following the other lady that was doing the water bearing (who should have known better.) So by the time she was done giving us out lecture I was throughly frightened of water-bearing and the Lady Osana xd  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:57 pm
Brigit the slave child
Arithrel
Brigit the slave child

Silly royals...

Kings can make such asses of themselves. The current king of Aidenvelt (or however it''s spelled), for example: at a recent war, he held court three times a day, lasting up to three hours in a single court. Some of the fighters got so tired of waiting around that they started the war by themselves.

Ouch. That's insane!!! Huzzah to the fighters for taking initiative, though. Was anyone even /at/ court that often, or was he just talking to himself? lol

There must have been 50 loyal subjects at the end of court (although far more at its start)... the fighters were mercinaries, so they were hardly worried about offending the royals.
You're in Atenveldt? Me too 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:32 pm
Talk about humiliation!

Ok, I was still a minor, probably about 16, and on the rebound from my first serious relationship. I met this (much) older guy at an event, we kind of hit it off and, after I told my friend where I was going and that I wasn't going to be back until really late, we went off for a walk around the lake that the event was near. We were talking and not TOO much else (I wasn't going to do anything all THAT stupid) and we lost track of time. When we finally wandered back to the main site, it turns out that my friend hadn't taken me at my word when I had said "really late" and hadn't really paid attention when I said where I was going... so pretty much my entire canton was awake and looking for me, waking people up and asking if they'd seen me, etc. You know how people want to come to the rescue.

It has been FOUR YEARS, and I still haven't lived it down yet, but they don't bring it up in front of my lord, so I'm grateful for that small blessing.

sweatdrop

I guess the moral of the story: People are going to be very protective and potentially overreact, especially if you're a lone minor. Don't do anything to make them too worried or you'll have stories being told about you all over the barony.  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

WWVelasca

Demonic Shapeshifter

22,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:42 pm
keetabirdy
My first event ever was in August and within the first half-hour I had already messed up badly enough to get a dressing down by the Kyergen (sp?). She had pressed me into service as a water/ food bearer for the fighters and I got too close to where they were going to be fighting. As it was my first event, I didn't know any better, and I was only following the other lady that was doing the water bearing (who should have known better.) So by the time she was done giving us out lecture I was throughly frightened of water-bearing and the Lady Osana xd

I'm sorry keeta. I should have kept better eye on you.

I don't have any really embarasing stories yet. But I'm in a prime position to mess up royaly. I'm Autocrating thsi year's Yule, and have not the foggiest idea what I'm doing. My feastocrat has been doing more. Our Previous barron's knight is the now prince of Atenvelt so we may have royal presence... Boy I'm nervous  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:38 pm
I have a most embarressing moment everytime I fight... I adrenaline crash about twenty minutes after and bawl my eyes out. Last bear pit tourney I fought I had to ask someone to find an opponent for me because I was trying supress a sobbing fit. Then all the marshals get worried and you have to repeat over and over "I'm fine, this happens."  

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:54 pm
keetabirdy
Brigit the slave child
Arithrel
Brigit the slave child

Silly royals...

Kings can make such asses of themselves. The current king of Aidenvelt (or however it''s spelled), for example: at a recent war, he held court three times a day, lasting up to three hours in a single court. Some of the fighters got so tired of waiting around that they started the war by themselves.

Ouch. That's insane!!! Huzzah to the fighters for taking initiative, though. Was anyone even /at/ court that often, or was he just talking to himself? lol

There must have been 50 loyal subjects at the end of court (although far more at its start)... the fighters were mercinaries, so they were hardly worried about offending the royals.

I'm actually not in Atenveldt, but I have some allies there, and in all honesty I play where I can. Also, Atenveldt is kinder to mercinaries, and... well... thing is, milady, where I come from, I have the respectability of a whore. Of course, my services are longer remembered, but that's another story entirely.

I am, as my signature suggest, a Caidiot--Caidan!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:40 am
WWVelasca
keetabirdy

I'm sorry keeta. I should have kept better eye on you.

I don't have any really embarasing stories yet. But I'm in a prime position to mess up royaly. I'm Autocrating thsi year's Yule, and have not the foggiest idea what I'm doing. My feastocrat has been doing more. Our Previous barron's knight is the now prince of Atenvelt so we may have royal presence... Boy I'm nervous
its not your fault xp

And hey its my first time attending a feast at all...or anything remotely roya....so wer can screw up together....but I know you'll do a good job 3nodding  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:44 am
Kiddo the fox-phoenix
I have a most embarressing moment everytime I fight... I adrenaline crash about twenty minutes after and bawl my eyes out. Last bear pit tourney I fought I had to ask someone to find an opponent for me because I was trying supress a sobbing fit. Then all the marshals get worried and you have to repeat over and over "I'm fine, this happens."

A friend of mine has a similar issue. He's allergic to adrenalin, and as soon as the fight ends, he tends to vomit. Why he still fights is unknown to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:05 am
one of my many embarrising moments is when I mistook my best friends tabard with that of my baron, and they look the same from behind, so...I accidently put the baron in a headlock sweatdrop I almost passed out for the shame.  

Red Zomby

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:10 am
keetabirdy
Brigit the slave child
Arithrel
Brigit the slave child

Silly royals...

me too, barony of twin moons what about you?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:58 am
*blushes like mad* Okay, I've done this TWICE.... with different kings, thankfully... *sigh*

Okay, the first time, I was hanging out with my friend Chris, and we were just chatting, 'n' stuff, and his dad came over and was like, "Chris, it's almost time to go; you should go change." Then he turned to me and said, "Hey, say hi to your parents for me, okay?" As he walked away, I said, "Sure, but who are you?" "Darius" he said... I didn't recognize the name, so that night when I got home(I had been daytripping with a friend), I told my parents that Darius said hi... they were all, "You mean, Darius, the king?" I practically died.

Then, at a previous Pennsic(I can't remember which), I was joking around with this random guy, and he (joking) insulted me. So in return, I said(also joking), "And who are you to call me that?" To which he promptly replied, "The King of Caid." Needless to say, I avoided him for the rest of war.

Apparently, my sister did the same thing several times at my age.  

ajina

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:55 pm
Last war I went to (Great Western War), I was... er... dancing... with a lady I've known for some years. We wove for the audience a tale that didn't make sense even to us, but it involved sex, ownership, and jealousy. At one point my good friend was on her knees in front of me and the king, who'd been watching for a few minutes, remarked, "This is the stuff of young men's dreams."

I wasn't sure whether to be embarrassed or proud.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:01 am
On the subject of hats...
My parents are the founding Baron and Baroness of Marinus (in Atlantia) and they both have these leather coronets, done with gold paint, and fitted with small metal half-round studs. My dad wears his over a wide felt hat. It would be comical if he didn't look so good in it.  

Hyratel Dragon

Arawath

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:35 pm
I had a question for you all: has anyone ever made a faux pas with their garb? It seems to me that there are so many significant things that are reserved for titles and such...like a white sash, say. I think it'd be easy for a newbie *ahem ahem* to show up in something seemingly random and end up getting mistaken for something... sweatdrop  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff