0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
None-- I have none or I am here for the poll gold
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:25 am
Can bindrunes be used to create a device?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:42 pm
TeaDidikai
Can bindrunes be used to create a device?

The treskellion is a heraldic charge, but most runes are not. Consult your local herald or the heralds online!  

magicheide

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:24 am
Ok, before when I posted gules and sable I meant my household's colors, but recently there's been some political strife and I'm working on my own, for all the reasons mentioned to our dear Roman friend and then some.

The blazoning I'm working on, but here goes nothing:

Per bend sinister, sable and argent, bicapitated raven ascending

And in case I did that wrong, diagonal split from lower left to upper right, with the top section silver and the bottom black; two-headed raven in flight.

[bicapitated is a silly word... but it works.]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:37 pm
Brigit the slave child
Ok, before when I posted gules and sable I meant my household's colors, but recently there's been some political strife and I'm working on my own, for all the reasons mentioned to our dear Roman friend and then some.

And in case I did that wrong, diagonal split from lower left to upper right, with the top section silver and the bottom black; two-headed raven in flight.

A couple of things Brigit--the color or metal on top is said first so if the top is argent that would be per bend sinister argent and sable. Is your birdie counterchanged? The part on the white is black and the part on the black is white? Otherwise it needs a color named. You cannot have black on black.
There are lots of two-headed birds in heraldry--in fact German heraldry has already taken a lot of them! Make sure you check for conflicts.

Best of luck!!!  

magicheide

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:41 pm
magicheide
Brigit the slave child

A couple of things Brigit--the color or metal on top is said first so if the top is argent that would be per bend sinister argent and sable. Is your birdie counterchanged? The part on the white is black and the part on the black is white? Otherwise it needs a color named. You cannot have black on black.
There are lots of two-headed birds in heraldry--in fact German heraldry has already taken a lot of them! Make sure you check for conflicts.

Best of luck!!!

He is counterchanged. A friend of mine pointed that one out and I changed it. I still have to check if he's taken.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:04 pm
Merewen
Per chevron purpure and argent, a crescent pendant purpure and a chief argent.

Purpure and argent win my heart.
<3

VERY nice heraldry!  

magicheide

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:59 am
Sable and Or
(Black and Gold)

I dont know the heraldic terms though, for a circle and inlaid gauntlet.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:10 pm
magicheide
ShaolinAssasin
Im using sable as Iron. Yes I''ve checked this black was used as a metal on ocassion. I''m not sure what the charges will be. I''m leaning toward a wolf and dragon rampant with a bend seperating them

While black may represent iron to you there is a whole BOOK OF HERALDRY also the Laurel Herald''s page that will tell you the rules and there are in brief: no color on color or metal on metal. The SCA says sable is a color. So your wolf and dragon are say Or (gold) and the bend is oh say Argent /White, maybe Or (gold) or even Chequey Or and something (azure, say) Then that gives you a plausible arms. Then you go to the ordinary and armorial (also online on the Laurel page) and check to see if it is clear.
oh sod those pricks. They have to go and ruin a good Coat of arms when ive seen black and colors in real Coats of arms.*sighs* I'll be ticked If that dosn't work.  

Abyssal Hamster

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:32 am
Commissar Russ
Sable and Or
(Black and Gold)

Can somebody help me with that?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:59 pm
magicheide
Merewen
Per chevron purpure and argent, a crescent pendant purpure and a chief argent.

Purpure and argent win my heart.
<3

VERY nice heraldry!

Thanks, It's officially mine too. Damn the royalty for giving out AoA's to little girls who don't want them. xD

(Edit: I was 16 when I got mine, thus the 'little girl')  

Merewen

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 pm
The only idea that I have for any kind of heraldry is. . . lemme see if I can blazon it properly. . . "Sable, fox rampant Or".

Or something to that extent. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:14 pm
I'm still working on my heraldry. I know my family heraldry is argent, two foxes counter salient in saltire, azure in chief, three mullets of the same, but I don't want to use that, specially since it's actual heraldry and I don't think that's allowed. I want to keep the foxes though. Definately.

Doodling is as far as I've gotten so far. I figure I'll sit down with the herald one of these days altough I really really really don't want to. He's about the most irresponsible pain in the a** you've ever seen. Nice guy, but can't be on time for anything to save his life.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/23300852/  

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

magicheide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:10 pm
Commissar Russ
Sable and Or
(Black and Gold)

You can't usually put a charge on another charge--the exception might be a badge.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:53 pm
magicheide
Commissar Russ
Sable and Or
(Black and Gold)

You can't usually put a charge on another charge--the exception might be a badge.

I've seen it done...it could be something as simple as
Sable, on a bezant a gauntlet sable
or
Sable, a gauntlet within an annulet or
depending on whether you want the circle filled in or not.
At least that's what I've gathered from perusing the An Tir Roll of Arms.

Tangentia

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:51 pm
I'm still working on passing my arms, but if they pass as I currently have them, I'll be using Argent and Azure.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff