53%
 53%  [ 421 ]
Other (feel free to elaborate)
15%
 15%  [ 122 ]
Total Votes : 788

NoLaPuppyLove

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:16 am
For not only the cost of a puppy, but one has to be willing to train it right and take time to get it great exercise. My neighbors have a dog and the dog is inside for 90% of the day. The dog is unstable for that reason. It makes me sad. Then there is this girl I know that just got a new dog. She can hardly take care of herself, so how is she going to take care of a puppy? It makes me very upset to learn that people don't really research beforehand to know what it truly takes to take care of an animal. Yeah....animals are cute and cuddly....but you have to take care of them with all you've got.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:48 pm
Sometimes i have to clean up and walk my dog and it is not fun!  

Cole Sprouse Freak 626

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm
Cole Sprouse Freak 626
Sometimes i have to clean up and walk my dog and it is not fun!
Walking the dog isn't fun? That's too bad! Just remember the dog depends on you for EVERYTHING. Don't let it down.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 pm
Well, I have 5 dogs, and every one of them was free. I love them dearly, and take good care of them. I have a very large yard (2.5 acres) and they have the whole yard to run in. I give them regular shots and feed them high protein food, as they are all young and energetic. I give them their shots when they are due. Sadly, I realize that not everyone is like me. Many who get free dogs, take them very much for granted, and neglect their dogs. I wish everyone would appreciate them for the beautiful creatures that they are. I hope and pray that the puppies that I currently have go to people who love them as much as I love my dogs. Careful consideration should always be given before getting a dog. They can be costly. Some require special diets and care. Certain breeds have problems with allergies, and need special care of their respitory, skin and fur. Pet insurance is sometimes a good consideration too. Just something to remember and think about.  

Belle Adona

happy_smiley_faces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:02 pm
hmm  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:25 pm
My mom works very hard to be able to pay for care for our dog. We have a basset hound who has a tendency to get either ear infections (he has really long ears) or eat something he souldn't (his nose gets him into trouble)  

blizzardscooter

1,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Amjag

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 pm
Great post
biggrin

According to http://www.saferpets.co.uk/OwnershipCosts.html, the average cost in the UK for a dog during its lifetime is £10,000 ($20,000). That covered everything mentioned above, but also covered the damage often caused by our beloved pets. This is something, I can personally relate to since I am now on my 3rd washing machine in 2 years (as dog hairs tend to kill them), also we're on our 2nd couch in a year and we laminated the whole downstairs to reduce the risk of bacteria collection. If I actually sat down and worked out how much the vets, food, training etc had cost us then I'm fairly certain that without the 4 dogs we'd have a speed boat or two lol But... I'd rather have my dogs anyday heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:01 am
suddenly, i feel sorry for my parents for having to pay so much for my past oets XD  

Danxe Angel

happy_smiley_faces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:32 pm
dogs are s worth paying like anthing for them!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:25 pm
Well, so far in 2008 my Golden Retriever Ginger has cost me over $2500... She developed gastric torsion and needed emergency surgery which they were not sure she would survive... Thank goodness she did! The costs are not over yet because she is going to need some recovery vet care as well.... This is right after we just spent around $2000 on vet treatment for her in September when she developed a bone lesion.

Of course she's worth a million to me!  

Osheana

stars123123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:14 pm
wow that's alot cheaper than i thought i would be!!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:02 pm
I wish my dogs where so cheap. Alot of my animal are special need case's. I spend 900-1400 a month on my animal and my rescue/fosters.  

TexasMomma

Hilarious Businesswoman

11,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Married 100
  • Team Moira 200

WhiteSOX+BAND!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:40 am
I am not sure how much we spend on Watson, but he's a fairly large dog...GO GSD's!!! But I would have to guess at least $200ish dollars on food and treats. We have to take him to get his rabies and other vaccinations soon and that would be at least $400 so yea  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 am
the cost of a dog depends on the size as well. i have 2 great danes and the cost of food is a lot. we spend about 200-300 dollars a month just for food. my one dane shes been a sickly one and we have spent probably 2-3 thousand on vet bills. shes doing better now but shes on pills that she takes every day, thats another $50 a every couple months.then our male hes 2 big and his weight is affecting his joints so he has to take pills every day just to keep the cartlidge in his joints healthy so he doesnt go lame, thats another 30 a month. it all adds up u have 2 consider everything. whether u can afford if they are not the healthiest, if u get a large breed theres a lot more in caring 4 them i think.  

gypsy_phoenix

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Amjag
Great post
biggrin

According to http://www.saferpets.co.uk/OwnershipCosts.html, the average cost in the UK for a dog during its lifetime is £10,000 ($20,000). That covered everything mentioned above, but also covered the damage often caused by our beloved pets. This is something, I can personally relate to since I am now on my 3rd washing machine in 2 years (as dog hairs tend to kill them), also we're on our 2nd couch in a year and we laminated the whole downstairs to reduce the risk of bacteria collection. If I actually sat down and worked out how much the vets, food, training etc had cost us then I'm fairly certain that without the 4 dogs we'd have a speed boat or two lol But... I'd rather have my dogs anyday heart

Have you tried getting the hair off before washing. I find hair never comes off in the wash, it's time consuming and annoying but you need a special brush, either the old school ones or the new sticky rollers and just sit there and try to get as much hair out as possible. If I didn't have to spend money on THOSE constantly, trying to keep the hair on my furniture and clothes down to a minimum I'd probably have my own car by now.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff