Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
What's your next SCA event? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:43 am
Looking at the dates for events (often on Saturdays or on my religious holidays, for the next couple months), the locations (a bit far for me to travel, the ones that aren't on my holidays), and finances that will slow down me getting that car I've been needing to get... I probably won't make it to any more events until next spring.

I'm hoping that will give me enough time to buy both a car and a good tent. We'll see.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:45 pm
Just got back from Calontir's Coronation of Madga and Hirsch. This is my anniversary event, and I love all the different ways to do Coronations. smile  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 am
Details, Dragostae! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:30 pm
I'll even make a separate post so I don't co-opt this one. biggrin  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Out to the Black

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am
I got back from the coronation of Dag and Ann Marie/midrealms 40th anniversary a few days ago. My next event will probably be my Shire's newcomers collegiums later this month.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:15 pm
I'm hoping to go to the Crown Tournament in a couple of weeks in Peoria, IL. Here's hoping my ride comes through.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 pm
I'm off to Quills and Swords in Standing Stones (Columbia, Missouri) this upcoming weekend. Look for me in my Byzantine - it's almost too cold for anything else!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 pm
I'd love to see your Byzantine getup. You have such well-made, pretty garb.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:40 am
I've not yet gotten to either a crown tourney or a coronation in the several years I've been a SCAdian. Someday.

I think I'll be able to attend SUN in Madison, WI in a few weeks though. Assuming my car holds up and I get the arrangements worked out, this will be an awesome experience for me. I adore the academic side of the SCA and it'll be a chance to learn more for my job as Herald.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:07 pm
Divash

The funny thing about this is that I don't sew. In fact, all of my garb (all two pieces of it) were made by friends of mine.

That being said, you can see some of it here. One of these days, I'll get my hands on some silk and make some super-awesome, super-blinged garb.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 pm
Mmmm... silk...

I've got a couple pieces of silk that I've been holding off working with because I haven't found the right project yet. I might make some nummy Elizabethan garb for Twelfth Night in the Barony of Nordskogen, if my budget allows me to go up there this year.

I needs me some good, proper Elizabethan.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 am
Dragostae
Divash

The funny thing about this is that I don't sew. In fact, all of my garb (all two pieces of it) were made by friends of mine.

That being said, you can see some of it here.

That is some sweet garb, right there, and you look great in it. You're photogenic, which helps, but also the garb looks really lovely and very 'correct'. I'm going to have to get down to business and really learn to sew. So far, I've made three mini-pillow cases for my little round neck pillow, but that's it. Oh, and I've cut out a dress, but not sewn it together.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 am
Divash
Dragostae
Divash

That being said, you can see some of it here.

That is some sweet garb, right there, and you look great in it. You're photogenic, which helps, but also the garb looks really lovely and very 'correct'. I'm going to have to get down to business and really learn to sew. So far, I've made three mini-pillow cases for my little round neck pillow, but that's it. Oh, and I've cut out a dress, but not sewn it together.

Thanks. smile

You know, if we're going to have a "bad garb" thread, we need a good garb thread.

It's not quite done yet. I'm waiting to get some trim from Calontir Trim and really go all Byzantine on it, plus, I need to finish pearling the collar, too. It needs a lot of work.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:25 am
You know that car I've been shopping for? I finally found it and put a holding deposit on it on Monday. Today I'm going into the pottery studio for a few hours, and afterward, I'm going to pick up the car.

No, let me rephrase. I am going to pick up THE CAR. Check it out:

Hybrid
Less than 8,000 miles on it
Roof rack to schlep all my camping gear
Roomy back seat and inside cargo area
Leather (easily wipe-down-able) interior
Heated seats
GPS
Automatic transmisssion (I can't drive a stick)

You may now commence with the mazal tovs. smile

Of course, camping-event season is over now, but I'll be really ready for Gulf Wars in March.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:47 pm
Just got back from Kris Kinder in Calontir. Next event planned is Twelfth Night, in Lonely Tower, Calontir.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff