Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 am
User Image

X.E.V.E.N [[¤]] T.E.L.E'K.R.A.S.U.S.

User Image

This was undoubtedly an interesting place. From what Xeven understood humans actually kept many of their literary works in these large repositories called Libraries, they were not far off from what his people used in order to keep their knowledge and works in one place, but from what he understood they actually used paper or at least initially. He was fairly interested in it however. He had even bought some book though he had gone nowhere near this place. Entering the place was great, it seemed quiet and very well laid out.

Xeven began to move through the place, a small smile on his face as she ran his fingers along the books. He began to look about the place trying to find something that interested him, or rather something more he could study. He got a few weird looks, though he somewhat ignored them so as not to assume the reason. He was trying to fit in, but that was hard to do when you were green. He simply paid no attention to his strange skin color.

Xeven was hoping to find enough books on Earthlings of all sorts since it was a bit more difficult to study all of them with their database. Humans were were a bit easy, but other forms of life were more difficult. Xeven went about picking up book after book on "mythical" creatures he moved to one of the tables and began to read hoping to learn something more about them. He sat there reading peacefully among his rather large stack of books though it must have seemed weird to see a green man surrounded by such a large stack of books.

User Image

C.L: [Library] __ C.C: [No one] __ C.M: [1000$] __M.S: [Single]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:18 pm
User Image

APPAREL: Cool Weather // MINION: ~ // BANK: 1000 // PRISON: The Library // INTERESTED: ~

Harley quietly opened the door to the library, her hot breath escaping her nose as she exhaled one last breath outside. Once stepping through the door and into the heated building, the pale skinned woman casually pulled the gloves on her hands off and gripped them in her non-dominate hand. Lucky for her, she was just approved for a house here and was 'celebrating' by finding a book she could devote all her attention too. Well, all the attention that wouldn't be devoted to unpacking her things and rearranging furniture. It was even luckier for her to find a place furnished in a similar style that she was used to growing up. Simple. Wood beams exposed. What many would consider a "cabin style" home now-a-days. Of course, she hadn't taken a deep look into the abode but simply applied for it once seeing the resemblance and a library. Now she had a place to store her ever growing collection of books, and a nook in which to escape and read them in. Enough about her unremarkable home.

Stormy blue eyes casually glanced around, taking note of the librarian behind the counter taking care of a return. The young woman looked in Harley's direction, giving a nod of acknowledgement. The platinum blonde didn't care and simply looked the other way. She wasn't here to socialize; people did that at restaurants and bars, and she wasn't for those types of places. With a soft exhale of breath, she made her way to the very back of the building where most places kept their older and one-of-a-kind books. Not all of them of course, but most. If she couldn't find something interesting enough to keep her attention then she would have to ask the librarian, unfortunately. It would bother her to have to socialize even on a small scale such as that. People were not her forte...Despite her ability to heal.

Gleaming over the spines of the countless books currently within her sight, an ungloved hand slowly came up and hovered over them about an inch as she searched. Each title was worn, along with its cover, but even so she could make them out because of the reflective material within them. Her finger suddenly stopped, nails painted a pale pink color, and grabbed the spine of a book that was about extremely old witchcraft and demonology. It wasn't really a topic she cared to read about, but with her heart beating outside of her chest, it was something she needed to know. Perhaps there was a way to place her heart back into her chest without forcing herself to have a painful death. She wasn't seeking death, but it was a subject she didn't know anything about yet. The demon that ripped her heart out in the first place never explained the curse used to do it. It was more of a...Curiosity than anything else. Opening the cover, the blonde slowly made her way towards a table as she concentrated on the dusty pages now in front of her.

☠ ⊱ HERBEAUTY AND↻ THE↗↗
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ❝ мσσиℓιgнт σνєятняєω уσυ ❞
pup SHE ↻TIED &&TO━━━━━━×
ɹ!ɐɥɔ uǝɥɔʇ!ʞ ɹǝɥ ◢ SHE BROKE YOUR THRONE AND SHE CUT YOUR HAIR
tab AND FROM YOUR LIPS SHE DREW THE HALLELJUAH✚ p!!

asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:27 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N
[[¤]] T.E.L.E'K.R.A.S.U.S.<|<
[[James Laird]]

User Image

As Xeven read through the many books a light would emerge from one of his gloves. It was general at first, but in moments it would take the shape of a strange amorphous blob with eyes and a smile. There was a small beeping sound from the figure as it began to speak "Commander! I was checking this libraries website for interesting books to find and I found the most interesting book." it chimed as it began to float around.
The large green-skinned man would turn towards it with a raised brow. He didn't appear to be speaking, but the strange thing responded as though he was "I will never not refer to you as Commander." she bounced on invisible ground as Xeven shook his head.
Xyvy chuckled 'Anyway, somewhere in this library they have a book on The Greys and its hilarious. Its supposed to be really rare so it would be found near the back. I think we should read it, it sounds like it'll be funny. You've read through 3 books already, take a break." Xeven looked over at the pile of book he had made. She wasn't wrong, Xeven had read through 3 entire books in moments....he needed to work on that. He was pretty sure most Earthlings lacked that type of ability and if he was going to be James Laird he needed to pretend to be human. despite the green skin. Xyvy vanished as if she was one speaking. She never was.

Xeven put his current book down and stood up before making his way towards the back and as he did he passed by a woman reading the book. She seemed absorbed in it. He didn't seem aware however that his A.I. was scanning things without his knowledge, but a familiar beep let him know that she just scanned something. He stopped and looked down as the A.I. appeared again and spoke rather loudly "Oooohhh that seems like an interesting book! Mind if we get it after you've finished lady? If you aren't taking it home of course." loud enough to catch her attention.

Xeven looked at his arm towards the A.I., sometimes these things were too willful. It was always a risk to give them free will cause then sometimes they just made trouble.

User Image

C.L: [Library] __ C.A: [A lady] __ C.M: [1000$] __M.S: [Single]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:54 pm
User Image

APPAREL: Cool Weather // MINION: ~ // BANK: 1000 // PRISON: The Library // INTERESTED: ~

Harley was content with minding her own business as she made her way towards a table to continue reading the book currently covering her face. That is, until something obnoxious called for her attention. Being referred to as 'lady' only seemed appropriate as there weren't many people in the building currently, and the only other woman she had seen was at the front desk. Of course, she still wasn't sure if she should feel offended by the noun or not. It wasn't really offensive in any way, however, it was still considered rude to refer to someone in such a fashion. She had also been brought up in a vastly different time where strange women were addressed as ma'am; or young lady, given the age. Her stormy blue eyes looked up at the holder of the voice sharply, slowly bringing the book down from in front of her face. Gracefully closing the book over her index finger, to hold her place, her features never gave away an ounce of emotion as she looked between a green skinned man and his...Whatever it was. Although stoic, her porcelain doll like skin and surprisingly soft facial features seemed to give her the appearance of a genuinely sweet natured woman. Harley continued to remain quiet as she looked between the loud pair. Seeing someone with green skin wasn't new to her; demons came in all colors. What had her mildly baffled was the contraption that seemed to be stuck to his personal space.

Finally, the woman parted her lips. "I do believe referring to someone as 'lady' is an insult," she replied, a distinct posh, English accent coming from her vocal cords. Blatantly ignoring the question about the book, she casually held it in front of her at waist level, her finger still holding her place. "Did your mother never teach you manners?" she asked, unsure which of the two...Things, had spoken. A few platinum locks fell into her face as she adjusted her neck ever so slightly, bringing up her free hand to push them back into place. Now bringing the book back up from waist level, she pulled apart the book to where her finger hand been and continued reading. "Perhaps, in the future, you may wish to try something much more cordial," she added as she stepped around the stranger to make her way towards a table. She didn't mind being rude to strangers, even after speaking up about their obvious disrespect. Hypocritical? Perhaps. Then again, she didn't much care for others as she had been sequestered from humans for a long time and forced to adopt an icy demeanor with the demons she was around. Granted, it has been years since then, but there are things one tends not to forget.

☠ ⊱ HERBEAUTY AND↻ THE↗↗

asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N
[[James Laird]]

User Image

The two of them stood there and listened to her. The green man however did not seemed distressed or upset by it or even confused. He seemed to be listening and nodding but not a word left his mouth as he just smiled at her.
The A.I. didn't seem bothered and only seemed to laugh "Whoa~! Earthlings sure don't like to be called lady huh? I should update my database I had no idea!" a strange hand coming out of no where and wiping its forehead as the strange blob bounced around "I don't know your name so I highly doubt I could call you by that Madame...?" she said tapping her chin to test to right word.

Xeven thought or a moment, at least her speaking made this just a little bit. He focused on her a bit and assuming her mind was not completely closed she could begin to hear his voice speaking deep into her mind, a deep voice that somehow seemed to echo "I apologize, Xyzy can be a bit rude. Just goes to show you that giving A.I. freedom can bite you in the behind. I do hope you'll forgive us for that little bit of rudeness Madam." though if she looked to him he would be looking through the shelves for that book the A.I. told him about, his mouth not moving.

Of course if she wanted she could block him off instead since not even appreciated someone speaking directly into their mind. As he picked out his books he would return to the table and sit down his eyes directed as the book as he began to rapidly move through, a small smile on his face as he did so. He seemed to be absorbing the information extremely fast as page after page went by in moments though no sound came from his physical person.

User Image

C.L: [Library] __ C.A: [A "seemingly" angry lady] __ C.M: [1000$] __M.S: [Single]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:35 pm
User Image

APPAREL: Cool Weather // MINION: Stranger // BANK: 1000 // PRISON: The Library // INTERESTED: ~

Hearing the obviously male voice, as opposed to the seemingly feminine one, Harley paused in her strides to glance back over her shoulder. Although she never brought the book down from her face, her blue eyes casually looked back at the green skinned guy. Not answering him right away, her gaze was subtle in looking him over once more; admittedly just the slightest bit curious as to what he might be. Slightly. Was he a demon? If so, what kind? And if not, what other possible alternatives could there be? Through her mild curiosity, she noticed that his apology had been voiced but his lips had never moved. How annoying. She hated anything with psychic power because half the time they didn't know what they were doing, or how to control it. In her long lifetime she had come across plenty and each time they practically needed babying. However, from the looks of this one, he seemed to have a well enough handle on his own. Of course, she didn't have any psychic power of her own but she knew how it worked well enough. Maybe it was her higher intellect that allowed her to understand it better, without actually possessing the ability. There was still a mental sigh of irritation as she instantly put up a mental barrier so he could no longer pry into her thoughts.

"Better, but you still have too much to learn," she replied, her tone of voice never changing. Despite possibly feeling any sort of emotion, which she never let anyone see, her tone remained calm and even leveled the entire time. Walking up to a table, she set her book down gently and remained standing for a moment as she kept eye contact with him. "I'm quite certain you're not from around here," she added as she gracefully took a seat. Harley's attention returned to her book as she turned a dusty, old page; continuing to read. "If you wish to fit in, I suggest trying harder...Such as: Not forcing your way into a person's mind."

☠ ⊱ HERBEAUTY AND↻ THE↗↗

asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:57 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N
[[James -- Laird]]

User Image

Xeven could actually feel the barrier go up. He directed his gaze to her momentarily as the woman made graceful strides over to the table. He was somewhat studying her, the way she carried herself, the way she spoke. She seemed to have a greater handle of herself, a sort of worldly nature about her person that spoke more to ones age. There was no falter in her tone, she didn't seem angered, she just seemed to be.

Xeven gently pushed one of the seats out, a kind smile across his face. She did quite easily guess that he was not from around here. Admittedly he was being careless, but Xeven had no quite grasped how to be an Earthling yet as he ha interacted with too few of them to understand how. His made a small gesture, his palms facing upwards with a small bow forward as if he was conceding that she was indeed correct, which she was. He did not however speak again. He could not.

Xyzy was force to speak up "He says that it was more like standing in the doorway and shouting." the strange program bouncing around as Xeven himself went back to reading. The thing rested on the wood looking up at her "Elaboration: The Commander's kind cannot speak physically, they can project their thoughts and an open mind will pick them up, he can only hear your thoughts if you think at him."
It looked at Xeven who nodded as he glided by the pages. His mind was working in multiple directions at once, reading and focused on this rather intriguing stranger.

Xyzy looked at her "He wonders if he can know your name? He says he would ask himself, but then he'd just be shouting at a wall and that's rather strange. His Earth designation is James Laird, but between you and me Xeven is a much better name." it looked at him as he met back with a small shake of his head as she just gave out his actual identity. The woman already identified that he as not from here, was there any point in giving her that name now? Xyzy didn't think so and she was the one talking now.

User Image

C.L: [Library] __ C.A: [Madame -] __ C.M: [1000$] __M.S: [Single]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:01 am
x
x
x
x
{ ①① םαч тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, ғєвяυαяч ②⑥тн

םαч ① σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ①④①
( ④ мσитнs, ②① םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 pm
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1314 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Since today's his day off, he had decided to return all of the books that he had borrowed from the library for his reading pleasure. He had eaten breakfast in his Ombre adobe before biking his way to the establishment, and he planned to stay there for a few hours before going to the grocery store to restock his pantry. For him, that would be the perfect day, though it may change with another possible encounter. He had met Alex and he was intrigued by him even more, wishing to contact him further but had to understand his busy schedules. Ben wouldn't mind as long as the schedule would align. The first thing he did was returning the books before sauntering towards the section about magic spells. Solaris had mentioned about ice magic because of her future husband, and though he was also worried, he was now also curious.

After looking through the few sections of the shelf, he picked up a hardbound book, the brown leather being the cover and the gold engravings fading slightly, meaning the book must have dated back to the late 1990's. A bit outdated, but that was all he could find for now. The blond then looked for a vacant table so that he would start on the research.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: bookworm mode
Company: no one for now.
Money: $135.10 (Wallet); $1000.00 (Bank Account)
OOC:

Quote:

JayyLee10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

User Image

F u n d s: $1000::::::O u t f i t: Be Afraid::::::M o o d: Questionable::::::C o m p a n y: N/A atm::::::R e l a t i o n s h i p: Single

Avery was completely speechless and confuse of her motivates into going to the library. The library would be her last thing that would pop in her mind. She wasn't much of a reader, sometimes she would throw a book or two away from her face if one was in front her. She didn't mind comic books actually. Just reading dialogue and looking at the pictures was better for her than reading a book with several pages and nothing but words. When she walked in the library, the quietness inside was too unbearable for her. It was like walking in class and everyone was busy with their work and silence roamed around the room.

She shook her head on that thought. It reminded her of the days when she was in high school and walking in late to about three of her classes, man she got so many attention walking in a silent room. Everyone in the library was busy reading, working, and small whisper talk here and there. Avery lightly sighed as she entered the silent building and began walking to one of the aisles and looked at each book she passed. Nothing caught her interest yet.

Where could the comic books be at? Or any books with pictures be at? Walking by several books and skimming at each title, a book with the word 'demon' in it caught her eye. 'Demons eh?', raising a brow up at the sight and grabbed the book out of the shelf. Unlike everyone else, Avery sat down on the floor, crisis crossing her legs, and opened the book.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Out.Of.Character:

JayyLee10

Luxurious Kitten

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:28 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The blond finally found the vacant table for him to sit near to, the wide expanse that would be perfect for group discussions, except that he was alone. Well, almost alone, since he detected the presence of another figure close to him. The aura was definitely that of a demon, though possibly of a different affiliation and element compared to his own. Cautiously, he approached the raven-haired girl, noticing that her eyes were also blue like his own, though of a diverging shade. He picked up a chair close to the female, careful to induce less noise, before sitting down on it. Ben was perplexed by the demeanor, but nonetheless, he reminded the girl in a casual tone.

"Excuse me, young miss, but there is the chair for sitting down." Maybe the girl the position she was currently in, but the librarian may spot her and scold her, and he wouldn't want to risk seeing it in front of him.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Company: a female (Avery)
OOC:

Quote:

JayyLee10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:09 am
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

User Image

F u n d s: $1000::::::O u t f i t: Be Afraid::::::M o o d: Questionable::::::C o m p a n y: N/A atm::::::R e l a t i o n s h i p: Single

Avery continued reading the book of demons until and unfamiliar voice distracted and stopped her from reading. Her blue shifted to the side the voice was at and looked the male. She didn't really much care about a chair to sit on, the floor was most comfortable than a chair as she can sit in different positions than the one she was at and rather better than going up and down to put a book back and grabbing another one back and forth. The demon casually looked back at the book, ignoring the male, and back to the demon book. "There was no sign around here that said we need to be in a chair to sit down., the female told him and moved her position by having her legs up close to her chest and rested the book on her knees. "And the floor is not too bad to be at." The female shot a quick look towards him then back to the book in just a few seconds of looking at him.

Out.Of.Character:

JayyLee10

Luxurious Kitten

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:27 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

In response to the girl's statement, Ben sighed inwardly and chose to just let the girl do her thing on the floor. Although, the book the girl was currently reading induced a curious stare from the water mage at the cover. Based on the gold engravings, it was a book about demons, and he was now curious. Being a descendant of Paimon confirmed such heritage, though he wasn't totally sure if the stranger was also one even with the aura that he had felt. "So, you must be a demon also, am I right? And in case you are going to ask, I am also one, too, though your specialization may be different from mine." There may be other demon species that he hadn't heard yet until now, hence the question.

While putting his book down and flipping to the introduction part, he asked a personal question, not taking his eyes off the reading material. "May I know your name, young lady?"

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Company: a female (Avery)
OOC: Happy CNY!

Quote:

JayyLee10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:42 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

User Image

Avery continued reading the book and almost reaching the middle of the book. This was quite a shocking to her as she wasn't a reader for these books with just words, but somehow this book about demons had really caught her eyes. She wasn't a full demon, having to be born half demon. Just by reading the book, she was learning more the demon and the things and powers demons could possibly have. Being a half demon, Avery only knew just an average knowledge of her demon side. Able to turn into a demon with horns and all that, her shadow making powers, and the weirdly glowing flame that comes out on one of her eyes. The only power she doesn't know of it's purpose for her. Maybe somewhere in this book will be able to tell her about that possibly? As she continued reading, her reading came to a pause as the male telling her to take a sit in a chair questioned her species. Placing the book down slowly, Avery turned her head a bit to the side, showing one eye between her bangs. "How were you able to tell? Hopefully it isn't because of the book I'm reading..", the demon question him, "I'm a shadow maker demon. I use the shadows to create things, mainly my weapon. How about yourself?" As the female waited for the male to answer her questions, she as well returned back to the book on her lap, flipping through a couple of pages, learning the history of demons and other types of demons as well. "Name's Avery. And you are?"

Out.Of.Character:

JayyLee10

Luxurious Kitten

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:24 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Benjamin's reply was a concise one. "Definitely not because of the title you are currently immersed in. Aura detection, actually, though I only do that sometimes." Though, actually, it was something he would utilize to see if there were fellow demons near his vicinity. But he would not do that all the time unless there was someone willing to kill him, and the woman seemed like she had no evil intentions against the water mage. He nodded in response to the girl's description of her expertise. "Shadow manipulation to create something... Interesting. I'm a water mage myself, though I can't work my magic unless there was a source of water nearby." Food and drinks were not allowed in the library to keep the place tidy, so he had nothing to use to showcase a little of his natural magic that flowed through his veins. That would wait till his stay at the library would be over.

The woman then revealed her name as Avery and he turned the page, though his eyes were now focused on her. "Call me Benjamin, Avery. It's a pleasure to meet you."

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: bookworm mode, being friendly
Company: Avery
OOC:

Quote:

JayyLee10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games