Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:51 pm
Not one to sit compliantly among such death and destruction, Suri busied himself with clearing out a large space in the center of the bar. Until the others finished their business and the storm truly went away, he would be about the task of locating every person in the bar, and putting them in a more dignified position to be found in. Some were sprawled over their tables and chairs, most on the floor, at least they weren't brutally dismembered. Their foes had cut all of their throats, quickly and efficiently, sparing none. Thankfully, most had the look of death's sleepy embrace upon them, almost looking peaceful but for the deep red gashes beneath their chins. He began to line them up neatly in the center, arms folded over their chests. In all there were 19 bodies that were to be collected and cared for...19 innocents...19 lives cut short because of their existence.

Suri's eyebrows drooped and he seemed to sag. This just wasn't right. "I swear by the Fates and the Great Will, this deed will not go unanswered." He whispered in a voice that trembled with compressed anger. He looked at each body, he could recognize the cut of a knife, but he could also recognize the almost perfect incision a razor wire would make when dragged across the tender skin. Most of the bodies bore that mark. "He's nothing but an animal. I'll kill him myself. There's no wrong in putting down a rabid dog. No wrong in destroying a heartless monster...The others will be paid their due at the hands of my comrades...but Aztherus...he'll die at mine."

After some time, he'd finished his task with the help of Harrier and Rigo. Suri went into the storage room where all the ales and spirits were kept, coming back with enough spare tarps and cloth to cover the two lines of bodies he had made. His heart went out to the friends and family who were about to discover this terrible loss. No longer would these walls carry the same sounds of joy and laughter. Memories and lives, all wiped from existence, all gone to the Great Will and Beyond.

Physically and mentally exhausted by what had transpired, Suri moved to a wall and sat against it. He'd have to recharge a bit later. Direct sunlight would do him some good. It wouldn't give him much, but it was always enough to keep him alive. He finally allowed himself to relax a bit as he rested his eyes for a moment. Sleep would be absolutely out of the question, not after today's events.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 am
Enter- Alane and Harrier

“No worries, Kasumi,” Alane smiled back at the younger girl, “If I leave now they will get the message before you all reach town. And by the time you get to Har's place they will already start informing the families. As much as I'd love to help,” she looked back at the building with soft eyes, “I think I should be there to plan our next moves.”

Harrier nodded, “The storm may have just finished but the threat of beasts are still high. Alane will be fine for the amount of time she is away. The sooner we reach town the sooner we can treat Gio and Kasumi of any ailments.” 'Not to mention I still have that bloody scratch, 'need to check if it got poison in it.'

“Healing or not, everyone is of use. We just need to find our niche,” he said absentmindedly as he watched Alane give a brief farewell before turning to the forest line and taking off.

Alane took off in a quick sprint to the edge of the canyon, she fiddled with her shirt until she found her whistle and she blew a long blast. She waited on the edge, looking down as the wind blew her unbound hair around. She reminded herself she shouldn't have taken it down after she went indoors.

A minute later Maurik flew up, in a leap and bound the black wyrum fluttered over to the wasteland next to Alane. The young woman gave a grin and a pat as she hopped on bareback. The saddle and bridle were lost in the carnage at the moment, she would just have to claim it later from the rangers. Or just go free, the way she learned it.

She gave another wave in the groups direction, seeing as they were still in distance, and nudged Maurik forward and down the canyon. The dragon eager to comply spread his great wings and plummet downward until Alane directed him eastward to where the Ranger Guild was. It took a many good minutes to get to the small enclave, weaving in and out of the many bridges that connected the sides and platforms of the city. The guild was on a middle one, on the outskirts of the center hustle and bustle. People were now just coming out of their holes and continuing their day as if the sandstorm never happened.

Alane landed Maurik right next to the large guild building, carved mostly into the dry canyon wall. She slid off his back and motioned for him to stay before walking into the guild. The wyrum curled up in a ball, tail over nose and wings until chin, eye poking out and observing the few people overhead.

A little bell rang as the entered the area, the head of one of the older rangers peeked out of a door to the left.

“Ah, Alane. What can I do for you?” the kind man asked.

She ducked her head down to hid a grimace, and a few tears, “I'm afraid much.”

“No matter. We wait until the rest of the storm has left and then we move,” Harrier went back into the building and helped Suri with placing the bodies, as much as it pained him to look at his companions' dead faces. He owed them that much in respect from the years.

Exit- Alane and Harrier  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:52 am
Rigo's face formed into a quizzical expression when Kasumi mentioned that Gio had healed the Sahagin. Was that the Fate Crystal? It didn't make sense. Miya confirmed that. As she suspected, Rigo wasn't entirely happy with the answer. However, if that was all she knew about it, he couldn't do anything about it. Rigo's younger brother was getting more mysterious every day, but Rigo still loved him equally as before. Gio was still his younger brother, and the Nero Angeal would always think of him as family.

The Bearer of Darkness nodded as he looked at Gio resting seemingly peacefully in his arms. "Thank you, Lady Miya," he said sincerely. He noticed Suri rearranging the dead in the area and sighed as he placed Gio gently on a table. Gio seemed fine for now, and they needed to pay their respects to the dead. It was the Crystals that the killers had been after, and if it weren't for the Crystal bearers, the innocents would still have lived. He nodded at Harrier's words and saw Alane take off before going to help Harrier and Suri.

They were almost like a ragtag bunch, this generation of Crystal Bearers. Neither one of them were the same, and they all hailed from different regions. This would certainly be a trial and a learning experience, Rigo thought, as he helped the others. And as Harrier mentioned, everyone could help in some way. Rigo could not heal others, but he did have basic medical expertise as was necessary in his training and travels.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 am
Orin Beleren

Orin was still as he leaned against an undamaged wall and listened intently during everyone's small conversations. After a while Orin opened his eyes to see Harrier and Suri giving the deceased civilians proper burials. Tch, so many dead needlessly. But still our standing around here worries me since people may gather towards where the commotion previously was. I would rather we not attract attention to ourselves again.. Orin thought, his mind was thinking of threats that may present themselves should they linger in this place for much longer.

He looked around at his new company of Crystal Bearers. All of them were strangers to each other, except for the brothers and Alane and Harrier. But other than those four they did not know each other except for their names and crystals. Orin already knew he was going to dislike traveling with the Angeal Jolyre, the warrior's spirit is indeed a powerful one, but with her emotions controlling the best of her, Orin doubted her judgment. At least, the Zarrenkian woman Miya was able to control her emotions. The other people in the group Orin had no problems with, as long as they acted with reason and good judgment, they could as they please.

As Orin listened in on Miya and Rigo's conversation something about what Miya said to Rigo plagued his mind. "Wait, if it was not the Fate Crystal that was controlling Gio in that fight, and if he indeed cannot control said crystal, then what force is acting as the puppeteer to that boy? And is he stable enough to travel with us?" Orin asked Miya, his face dead serious and his mind full of questions.

Vizzion

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 am
A wasted expenditure of energy
She watched Rigo, Harrier, and Suri line up the bodies, cross their arms respectively, and cover them with old tarps that Suri found in the cellar. Jolyre's energy always went to preserving life, but once someone was dead, they were dead. Did they really care if their worldly body was covered by a tarp or not? They had moved onto something greater than any nation in this world had to offer.
But to each their own. The angeals were probably the most ritualistic when it cam to burying their dead. Jolyre didn't understand that either, nor did she try to.
"What could I do, right now, to be useful.." she murmured to herself. She wanted to help, but what could she do? Stirring negative feelings in the others seemed to be what she was best at. She decided to stay put.
"Wait, if it was not the Fate Crystal that was controlling Gio in that fight, and if he indeed cannot control said crystal, then what force is acting as the puppeteer to that boy? And is he stable enough to travel with us?"
Jolyre laughed when she heard this. Of all the people who shared her concerns, it was the ice bearer. Of all the people to understand, it was Orin. There was that irony again. It seemed that it would plague her life until she was rid of this ragtag band of "heroes".
She had to hear the answer to Orin's completely reasonable question. Who wants to travel with a medium for bloodthirsty demons, ancient warriors, and legendary heroes? Jolyre jumped to her feet, landing deftly. She strode nonchalantly over to the general area of Orin and Miya so she could what answer Miya had to offer.
Who was to say that the same entity who killed Alexei wasn't going to come back, forcing them to fight Gio or die? If it came to that, Jolyre wasn't about to be killed...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:45 am
Miya nodded politely to Rigo, slightly relieved that he accepted her answer, even if he didn’t like it. Though she was a little surprised when he called her “Lady Miya”; she hadn’t been referred to as such in many long years. Her answer had not fallen on only Rigo’s ears. Orin seemed to mill the idea about in his head before addressing her.

"Wait, if it was not the Fate Crystal that was controlling Gio in that fight, and if he indeed cannot control said crystal, then what force is acting as the puppeteer to that boy? And is he stable enough to travel with us?"

Miya noticed Jolyre shift closer to the pair, and she could only assume it was to hear her answer. Well, she wouldn’t like it, but Miya couldn’t give answers when she had none and it wasn’t in her nature to lie.

“I have no idea what is triggering this power within him. I would like to say it’s clearly on our side, but I cannot. There might be something else inside him that doesn’t relate at all to the Fate Crystal, or perhaps it’s being affected by the crystal shards,” Miya paused to shake her head, almost like a lion shaking it’s mane to fend off offending flies. “I don’t think the boy is stable, at least not in combat situations, however I do not think he is a threat to us.” Miya looked over to the still figure of Gio. He had protected Kasumi, hadn’t he? “In the end, it doesn’t really matter if he is stable or a threat because he has the Fate Crystal shards inside of him and we need them. There’s a reason the shards are reacting to him and resting within him. Bearer or not, there is some link between the two of them that I aim to study and protect. If that means I must fight this…thing that he is able to become, should it become a threat, then so be it.”

Though her words were tough and full of confidence, Miya didn’t feel quite as such inside. She was a wonderfully skilled warrior, but what Gio had briefly become would be too much even for her. If she called Ifrit to aid her she might have a chance, but then even with Ifrit she doubted that chances of their success…

Deep inside her, she knew that Gio would never harm them. The others would never accept a ‘gut feeling’ as acceptable proof. All she could so was emphasize his importance and hope they understood. The crystal bearers were all extremely important, none more than the other, but their roles were fairly well defined, whereas Gio’s purpose was a mystery that would take more information to solve.

Miya felt the presence of the ice crystal inside Orin and took an involuntary step backwards. She’d always been fairly sensitive to other crystals, but none affected her quite like that cold, hard ice.  

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

Vizzion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Orin Beleren

As Orin was waiting for Miya's answer he noticed Jolyre step closer. Orin had already assumed that he was not the only curious of the transformations that Gio just went through, but for the same questions to come from Jolyre, Orin couldn't help but chuckle inside. Orin considered him and Jolyre to be polar opposites, a warrior and a scholar. His attention was snapped back towards Miya when she started to explain what she knew.

As Orin listened attentively to Miya, thoughts were mulling in Orin's mind. He agreed that since Gio is the holder of the Fate Crystal he would be needed in this journey, but him being unstable makes him a heavy liability for the rest of the group. "So in other words, much like last time, we know nothing about Gio. He is an enigma that can attack us at anytime, and considering his alter ego was quite skilled, I would say that even you or Lady Jolyre would find it difficult to subdue Gio." Orin said to Miya, his voice not angry or desperate. He was merely pointing out a fact. "We are traveling with a possible liability, but he is also useful if he does not turn on us. This is the truth is it not? He maybe important as you had pointed out, but if he goes berserk, he may just destroy us. But I guess there is no use discussing this subject is there?" Orin said while looking to Miya then to Rigo. He already knew that there was no way that Gio would be left behind. The others with the exception of Jolyre, would never allow it. Orin shrugged and shook his head.

As Orin looked back at Miya he noticed her looking at him and taking a step back. "Surely a Zarennkian warrior has no reason to fear a mere Crylos Scholar now is there? or is the presence of my element making you uncomfortable?" Orin said with an eyebrow raised as he asked Miya.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 pm
Kasumi looked at the dead bodies and clasped her hands together. 'May your souls rest in peace.' she prayed. She listened to Orin and Miya talk about Gio. "I refuse to believe that." she said. "I refuse to believe Gio would turn on us." she said as she stayed by Gio side, waiting for him to wake up. "You make it sound like he is a tool." she said, looking at Orin. "Maybe we are, all of us, are just tools." she said quietly as she looked at her crystal.

She shook her head. "Nevermind, forget it." she sighed. "Gio won't loose control. Im sure of it. He doesn't want to be a killer." she said smiling gently. She knew that they both spoke the truth about Gio but she didn't want to believe it, she wouldn't.

hinastar

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:35 pm
"I think..."

Gio raised his head. He had been flitting in and out of consciousness the whole time, and finally had regained himself after that wave of exhaustion. He still ached all over, unbearably so given how he had just moments ago pushed himself farther than he had ever been capable of before. His head was still spinning like the toys he used to play with, but he had managed to get a grasp on the conversation that had been happening around him... at least part of it.

"...You don't need to worry about that one," he said shakily. "I was in full control of myself, up until I almost.... killed Kai." he hesitated at the word 'killed' hating the very idea of taking life. "There was something there, a warrior that had helped me grasp that strange power... but he never controlled me except in that moment. I don't really blame him, since you all were telling me to kill Kai too."

He bowed his head, tucking in his chin as though his long bangs could hide the embarrassment on his face. "I'm sorry, but I just couldn't do it," he apologized sincerely. He thought for a moment, and felt compelled to add, "I spoke directly with the man who helped me... it wasn't Animus, and it couldn't have been what made me go crazy two years ago. He told me... He told me that that power was something that was mine and mine alone, something no one else could ever have. I never heard of anything like it, either. I saw other people's weapons in my mind, and when I wanted them, they became real. But.... I never could have fought with those weapons myself. For some reason, the thoughts and knowledge of warriors I'd never heard of flooded my mind and told me what to do. They were strong too, I saw battles in my mind that were incredible. Huge monsters. Powerful adversaries. I feel like I just got a glimpse of many amazing stories."

Gio closed his eyes for a moment as he tried to feel inward. He wanted to grasp that power once more just to know he could. At the very least he wanted to see it so he knew in a moment of desperation he could pull the same determination out of himself and take hold of the power. But.... nothing. He couldn't even see it anymore inside of him, he couldn't feel it there anymore. As he tried to reach inside himself he felt only a hard wall obstructing him. "What?!" he said aloud to himself, looking at the others. "Something's wrong. There's a wall. I can't even tell the power is there anymore. It's like something's intentionally gotten between me and it."

Gio looked at everyone around him, only just then noticing that he was back in the tavern. He turned his gaze regretfully and guiltily from the row of dead bodies hat Suri and Harrier had lined up. He was part of the reason they were all dead, even if it wasn't his hands that were bathed in blood this time. He looked to the Bearers around him, Rigo, Miya, Orin, Kasumi, and Jolyre... he was scared. He didn't want to hurt any of them, and he wanted more than anything to prove himself to Jolyre. He wanted to prove he could be something, that he could be trustworthy, and that he wasn't what she thought he was. Her opinion of him held more weight to him then anyone else's. Not that his brother wasn't important to him, but through him, Jolyre had experienced much suffering, so he felt at least partially responsible for her pain.

The only thing was he really wasn't sure what he could do about it. He had just had a glimpse of a power that was supposed to be his, but now something was blocking it. And what if he was unable to resist the next time something awakened in him? What if it was the same force from two years ago and he was absolutely helpless to resist. He had one answer.

"I don't think I will be a danger to all of you, when I was taken over by an evil force, Rigo was able to hold it back by himself, and he had only just received his Crystal," he voiced his thoughts aloud. "With all of you around me, whatever it was should be easy enough to keep at bay."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 pm
Kasumi looked at Gio and smiled. "Gio, your finally awake." she smiled as she hugged him. "Im so glad. I was worried." she said. She noticed she was still hugging him and let go quickly, blushing slightly. "Sorry acted on impulse." she laughed slightly. But she was really glad that he was awake now. She had been really worried about him. "Oh here is your cloak back." she said as she took it off and handed it to him.

She listened closely to what he said. She understood most of it. That probably explained why he could heal her wounds and also use all those weapons. Kasumi saw Gio look at the bodies and then at all of them. "Thats right. Were all here to help Gio." she smiled. "I know you won't be a danger to us." she said.

hinastar

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm
Even now, Rodrigo Dragoni kept to his manners as he had been trained for etiquette in the Nero Angeal nobility. The Darkness Bearer listened to the others. Orin did have a valid concern, and Rigo himself had doubts especially since he had pretty much experienced all of Gio’s “different forms” so far. However, he was being hard and optimistic. But it came down to the uncertainty. Again, as the Fire Lady iterated, no one knew what the explanation was for Gio’s performances, and since no one offered an explanation, Rigo was certain that no one knew. Miya was by far the most knowledgeable. If only Animus would come out and explain himself, but apparently, that was not something the great Animus could afford to do.

There was a tension in the room full of different emotions directed toward the situation between the dead bodies of the innocent, each other, the town and their attackers in waves of exhaustion, uncomfort with Gio's situation, blaring anger, confusion, and sadness.

Gio soon awakened, and Rigo walked to his side after muttering a short prayer for the dead. Rigo had no idea what or who Gio was talking about. The Nero Angeal knew his younger brother was trying to grasp the situation himself as well as the dark brown haired boy closed his eyes and tried to reach inside himself before his eyes shot open in surprise. "Perhaps, you will learn with the rest of us, brother," Rigo suggested. He smiled. As Kasumi and Miya believed, Rigo knew Gio himself would never harm them intentionally because Rigo knew his brother better than that.

The Nero Angeal smiled and nodded at Kasumi's statement. "Yes, we are, Gio. Don't shoulder it all alone." He patted Gio on the shoulder. While he didn't say it out loud, that motion could be implied to mean that if Gio ever went berserk or "evil" on them all, Rigo considered himself to be the one responsible to put Gio out of commission.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 pm
The boy was indeed someone special, and a force to be reckoned with depending on just 'what or who' took a hold of him. As they waited for Alane's return, conversation revolved around the unconcious Gio, with Kasumi attentively at his side should he wake. Suri smirked, "Sweet girl you are, Water Bearer, your kind spirit befits your Crystal nicely. We're lucky to have someone on the soft side around here." He said with a grin as he observed the others. They were all coming to their own conclusions about Gio, who was finally awake, and Gio was attempting to do the same. Whatever the rhyme or reason, it was beyond all of their control, including his. During the conversation, he noted Miya's 'dislike' of Orin's Crystal in proximity to hers. It made sense with the elements opposing each other, that it would also affect the Bearers similarly...did he feel the same thing from Kasumi?

Deciding to answer this for himself, he got up and made his way to Gio's side along with Rigo and Kasumi. He looked weak and battered, but might be able to stand on his own soon enough. He drew a little closer to Kasumi and felt a certain 'void' feeling that he couldn't quite explain. It wasn't pleasant, nor was it terribly unpleasant, but it wasn't a positive attraction. He felt like all his energy could be sapped into a deep pool of water, and he'd be left lifeless in the oceans that backed this Crystal. Which was true enough, his energy-source was primarily electrical. Were he submerged in water he'd probably short-circuit and lose conciousness. As an addition to that, he obviously couldn't swim either, too heavy with all that metal.

Knowing Kasumi was probably feeling something similar in response to his Crystal, he moved only a foot or so further, and the feeling dissipated. "What a curious reaction." he remarked as he stared at the Crystal about Kasumi's neck. He had nothing personal against the Bearer herself, and was in fact drawn to her kind and caring nature, but their Crystals were based in the game of opposites, though Suri could see some definite battle advantages combining Lightning and Water. "I wonder if that feeling ever fades...probably not." He wondered aloud as he glanced at Orin and Miya. She'd obviously had her Crystal awhile, it didn't look any more pleasant for her than Kasumi's Crystal did to him.

Suri's door decided to un-jam itself at that moment and slip open once more before being solidly rammed back into place with an aggravated fist. "First thing I'm doing when Alane gets back and we get to moving, is finding a good solid hammer and whacking this thing back into place. If the crash hadn't knocked it awry, that monster Aztherus would never have come so close to taking my Crystal." he said as he looked out the gaping hole in the wall. The storm was gone, and Alane should be returning any minute now. Then...then they could begin what Suri was sure would be an 'interesting' journey.

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

hinastar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 pm
Kasumi looked at Suri and smiled. "Thanks. I try my best." she laughed. She felt Suri walk closer to her and could feel the reaction as well. Water could easily ruin an electrical unit but also it was a conductor of it as well. She felt a shock as Suri came closer to her. It felt like the crystal of lightning was sending shock after shock through her body. She shivered slightly. "A very strange reaction but I kinda expected it." she said. She sighed as he stepped away from her. "The feeling will probably never fade." she nodded in agreement. "But we could always try and unite the two elements that oppose each other and make them work together." she said. "It would be an interesting combination."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:31 am
<< Just a quick post, I'll write more later! >>

Orin noticed Miya's displeasure and registered it as fear. She shook her head at the ice bearer and felt her cheeks flush a pale pink. She hadn't known he had picked up on it and felt slightly embarrassed.

"Not fear... Just discomfort. I've always been fairly sensitive to the ice crystal. It's far too cold. I dislike cold climates as well," she offered, hoping he understood that it was nothing personal. in fact, although Orin asked pointed questions, she appreciated bluntness. It reminded her of home, where no one tip toed around any subject. If you had something to say, you said it. Miya was slowly losing that attitude, and she could only assume it was because she was rarely among her people anymore. As though to prove to Orin that it was merely a physical reaction, not a mental or personal one, she showed him the goosebumps on her arm.

Gio awoke and Miya took the opportunity to step away from Orin and turn her attention to him. He was confused, as they all were, but unharmed. She was visually relieved. Now they could deal with the matters at hand.  

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 pm
The response from Miya was vague and far from satisfying. Jolyre had expected as much, but couldn't help feeling disappointment.
The Fate Crystal was not to blame, according to the fire wielder, and Gio couldn't....or wouldn't... attack them.
What proof did she have? She had no way of truly knowing that. But that wasn't what Lady Aegis cared about. This Zarrenkian woman knew the fate crystal from before.
If before meant the previous generation, then that meant she had known Alessa Aegis. Maybe even her husband, Alexei. But Jolyre would not ask her. she would wait for the woman to expose herself.
She would have to come clean eventually and Jolyre wanted to be the first one to hear all about the skeletons that wouldn't even fit in the proverbial closet any longer.
A strong surge of self-discipline urged her to escape from the dreamland she'd entered and pay attention.
Gio awakened and confirmed what Miya had said. The entity in the fight with Kai was not the one slew Alexei. And Kai had lived to see another day. What a spineless fool she scoffed, giving Gio a narrow glare.
She laughed quietly at the use of her formal title by the ice bearer. Was he giving her props for being a warrior? Or was it some under handed comment cleverly hidden by a verbal aegis?
A feeling of smugness flooded her when she realized that Miya couldn't take the rawness of Orin and his crystal. It was barely discernible, but there was a slight discomfort. The others moved around, getting closer or further away from other, experimenting with their own respective opposites.
Every time she'd been around Rigo she'd either been in the midst of battle or angry to the point of mindless murder; she'd never paid heed to the battle the crystals wanted to fight because it was so faint.
She walked, quietly, casually, over to Rigo and stood within his proximity. Here in the bittersweet calm of the moment, she could feel the uneasiness of the crystals around their natural opposites.
It didn't feel wrong. It felt...like a battle. How many ages have tales of light versus the darkness been spun? It almost felt as if one was trying overpower the other but they were too equal, and the feeling was too faint to tell.
"I suppose now, here in this present situation, formalities are wasted." she said, still musing on the reaction of her crystal to Rigo's. "Call me Jolyre. I hold no love for my ladyship over the House of Aegis anyway..." she explained, in her own socially backwards attempt at niceties. Plus, Jolyre had never viewed herself as "Lady" Jolyre. She was Commander Aegis, High Knight of the Glorion Crystalis, not a noble in robes..  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff