Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Reevinja Mk II rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 pm
[ damage ]  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm
[ Sentinel: +22 vs. AC [x2] [G]
Barberie: +19 vs. Reflex [S1]
Soveliss: +19 vs. Reflex [S1]
Xavier: +17 vs. Reflex [S1]
Sentinel: +17 vs. Reflex [S1]
Toranis: +19 vs. Reflex [S2] ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II rolled 6 20-sided dice: 18, 12, 2, 19, 3, 7 Total: 61 (6-120)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:27 pm
[ Ugh, forgot most of those rolls.. ]

[ Sentinel: +22 vs. AC [x1] [G]
Barberie: +19 vs. Reflex [S1]
Soveliss: +19 vs. Reflex [S1]
Xavier: +17 vs. Reflex [S1]
Sentinel: +17 vs. Reflex [S1]
Toranis: +19 vs. Reflex [S2] ]

Reevinja Mk II rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 9 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:30 pm
[ Damage to Sentinel ]  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 6, 6 Total: 17 (4-24)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:32 pm
[ other damge ]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Sentinel's blade-lined shield tears into the fur and flesh of the beast, sending blood (and fur) all about and causing it to roar in anger. It immediately strikes back by slamming Sentinel with one of its' fist, then attempts to slam both down onto the Warforged - unfortunately, the first strike knocks him off-balance, allowing one of the two follow-up strikes to also land home.

The fat beasts continue to stay outside of the main melee, one of them hurling a moderate-sized hunk of flesh which explodes around most of the group - but only harms Barberie, and Xavier. The second hurls a large chunk of its' badly burned flesh toward Toranis as he skirts around the side of the battiefield - luckily for the spelcaster, its' wounds prevent it from throwing accurately and the glob of flesh (and subsiquent burst) fall too short.

[ As mentioned, looking for someone to take Red Herring's turn. I'm not going to be picky with this - I'll say anyone can do it, you guys can even alternate who does if you so desire. /Shrug.

@Sentinel: 3 Fire Damage [Ongoing 5 Fire], plus 20 damage (G: Immediate Reaction attack), plus 16 damage (G: Slam) for a total of 39 damage. (I noticed I hadn't added the fire damage, hence why I did it here.)
@Barberie: 23 fire/necrotic damage.
@Xavier: 23 fire/necrotic damage.

G: 21 Damage, plus 32 lightning damage for a total of 53 damage.

[ Initiative - Round 6 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R [34 Damage]
[33] RD [10 Damage]
[28] Sentinel [79 Damage]
------- Adjacent allies + Sentinel gain cover vs. ranged and area attacks.
------- Adjacent allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
------- Iron Bulwark: +2 Power Bonus to AC (End of Round 7 Turn)
------- Extinguishing Rain: Resist 6 Fire
[27] Toranis [16 Damage]
------- Lightning Field: When hit on melee/enemy moves adjacent. [End of Round 7 Turn]
[26] G [345 Damage - Bloodied]
------- Marked: Sentinel (End of Sentinel's Round 7 Turn)
[25] S1 [31 Damage], S2 [91 Damage - Bloodied]
[23] Xavier [47 Damage]
[16] Soveliss [83 Damage] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends]
[14] Barberie [94 Damage - Bloodied]
------- Armor: +2 Reflex While Bloodied
------- Fearsome Presence: +2 All Defenses until stance ends.
------- Thunderfury Boar: Until rage ends, when an adjacent enemy hits or misses her, she can make a melee basic as an imm. reaction
------- Inspire Fury: While raging, any allies within 5 squares who hit with a melee attack get +2 to damage.
[12] Red Herring [41 Damage]
------- Combat Advantage - Grant CA to R until end of round 6 turn.
------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.
------- Displacer Armor: Attacks against Red roll 2d20, taking the lowest result.
------- Resist 5 All Damage

Round 6: Xavier, Soveliss, Barberie, Red Herring - Go! ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 pm
Reevinja Mk II
[ Sorry to hear that, though I wouldn't let my attempt here to turn you off on play-by-post entirely.. I'd recommend giving it another try or two.

On that note.. would someone like to take over Red Herring for me? I could NPC him, but it'd be easier for me if someone else does it.

Besides that, Immediate Reaction attack vs. Sentinel - +22 vs. AC. ]

((I can take over Red. I've been following along, and I can certainly do it.))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:06 pm
[ Assuming nobody else has an issue with that (I certainly do not), go right ahead. ]  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm
((I have no problem. as a note to our leader, that just took me from healthy to handily bloodied. don't think I can take that again without some healz))  
Cunning Witch Angus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 pm
((Alright then well here we go!))

Red's eyes flicker with the innate fires of his origin, the illusions passing away from his mind. With a snort of annoyance from being forced from his original position he slashes his blade down and moves to engage the cloaked entity. Primordial words spill from his mouth and from his sword small shields appear to aid him in his fight. He lifts his blade, the sword igniting in a fiery green. The genasi brings it crashing down into the cloaked figure with a yell of malice! A burst of green fire emanates from the blade and strikes the foe nearest the cloaked figure with a furious roar that only magical green fire can make!

-------------------------------------------------------------
((Move: E17 | Minor: Host of Shields; +2 to AC and Reflex until stance ends | Standard: Greenflame Blade; +25 vs AC d8+19 to target and 6 damage to enemies adjacent to target))

Cunning Witch Angus

Cunning Witch Angus rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 pm
35 vs AC to R

Damage: 24 Fire Damage and 6 to S1

((upon re-reading the character sheet I get +2 to weapon attacks and plus 2 extra fire damage and 2 extra weapon damage and +2 for combat advantage on R. goodness I hope that hits >>

Also if I hit R it becomes immobilized until the end of my next turn because of Hunter's Pursuit.))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 am
The last attack is quite taxing on the Wizard and he feels a trickle of blood flow from the corner of his lips. [Xavier is now bloodied] Xavier glares a bit as he looks at the new creatures which have now joined the battle. He curses for having not paid closer attention to the portal from the start. He leans close and speaks to Sentinel.

"I need to go deactivate that portal before something bigger finds its way through."

His staff glows a more subtle color as he begins casting a new sort of spell.

"Avoiding the cold clutch of death, the hand of Fate sees fit to let me live. Clever Escape." There's a flash of light but it appears as though nothing has changed.

Minor Action
Quote:
Clever Escape
Daily - Arcane, Illusion, Teleportation
Effect: You become invisible and teleport 6 squares. You leave behind an illusionary image of yourself in the space you occupied. The illusion stands in place, takes no actions, and uses your defenses if it is attacked. It lasts until the end of the encounter or until it is touched or hit by an attack. Your invisibility lasts until the end of your next turn or until you make an attack roll.
A creature can recognize the illusion by making a successful Insight check (DC 15+one-half your level+your Int modifier/DC 30)

Teleporting to I-11

Move Action
Quote:
Using Fey Step to teleport to I-6

Once he has moved across the room, his still invisible staff glows with a blue light as he mutters another spell. "Majestic glaciers of the great north, stand before me as a pillar of solitude and protect me from harm. Ice Wall." The ground rumbles as a massive sheet of ice rises from the ground, cutting off most of those creatures from that portal.

Standard Action
Quote:
Daily ✦ Arcane, Cold, Conjuration, Implement
Standard Action Area wall 12 within 10 squares
Effect: You conjure a solid wall of contiguous squares filled
with arcane ice. The wall can be up to 12 squares long and
up to 6 squares high.
Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the wall
takes 2d6 + Intelligence modifier cold damage. The wall
blocks line of sight and prevents movement. No creature
can enter a square containing the wall.
Special: As a standard action, a creature can attack one
square of the wall. Each square has 50 hit points. Any
creature that makes a melee attack against the wall takes
2d6 cold damage. The wall has vulnerability 25 to fire. If the
wall is not destroyed, it melts away after 1 hour.

((Wall will begin in I-9 and go across to N-9, then drop to N-10 and go back to I-10 making a continuous wall which doubles on itself.))  

bamaotaku
Crew

bamaotaku rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 am
Damage for RD on its turn 2d6+6 (Int mod)

12 ice damage  
iDragow rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 5, 3 Total: 15 (4-24)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm
His allies were beginning to slow. Their wounds were catching up to them. Soveliss decided to forgo stabbing anything for a bit and focus on helping them to recover. "Barbarie, I want you to hold this flank. I'm going to go assist Sentinel."

Without waiting for a response, the Eladrin hurried over to the construct. Placing a hand upon the Warforged's back, Soveliss tried to reassure him. "Come, Sentinel! Let us be the spearhead that pierces their defenses! If we a cut hole through the center of their ranks, their forces will crumble!"

Quote:
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Barbarie. Surge+Int+Cha+4d6(15).
Move Action: 2 squares NE.
Standard Action: Aid the Injured on Sentinel. Use a healing surge.
Save against ongoing fire: 11

iDragow

iDragow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

iDragow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:29 pm
Saving Throw  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out