Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:27 pm
As Gerash warned Daelos about Cain's temperament, the elf narrowed his eyes and grinned suspiciously, as if to say 'that's exactly what I intend to do.'

((Short rest happens, everyone take surges and Pelloth regains conciousness.))

As Pelloth slowly wakes up from his slumber, Daelos let's out a sigh and says, "C'mon drow, don't do that again. Zehir is not calling to you yet, trust me." He then looks around at everyone and asks, "Ready to go?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:51 pm
Hars resheathes both blades with a flourish and a solid "thukthuk" and nods her assent.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm
The drow stood up and glared at the elf, "Of course not and what do you know about Zehir Elf? The mongrel was supposed to die before it touched me. Something happened, it's rage I suppose, kept him alive longer then he should have."

[[I don't know if my healing surges have to take in consideration of my -7 hp, or if i start from 0. If the former, 5 surges (1 potion) and I'm at 39 and if the later 4 surges (3 potions) and I'm at 39]]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:47 pm
"The next time 'something happens' I won't be so willing to drag you back from the brink, Pelloth," Gerash states, rising from his crouch, arm good as new. Well, relatively. He didn't bother waiting for the drow's reply, simply looking to Daelos to lead the way.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:06 am
Seeing as how Pelloth had been recovered, Grashuk decided to make good on his promise while he waited for his body to recover naturally. He walked to the nearest tree, and snapped off a branch that was small enough to function easily, but large enough to support the weight he was going to place on it.

Walking back to Dregthuk's corpse, he whittled the tip of the stick down with his b*****d sword so that it had a blunt tip on one end. Figuring that it would do, he then lifted his blade high, and brought it down upon the Hobgoblin's neck. He decapitated the non-moving enemy with ease.

Gerash sheathed his sword, and lifted the skull by the nose, letting the helmet fall away. Through sheer force, he jammed the stick into the dirt deep enough so that it wouldn't topple easily. Then, he followed that up by placing the head of Dregthuk upon said stick. When it was centered just perfectly, the Bugbear slammed his fist down on the top, driving the blunt spike all the way into the brain.

Pleased with his work, he then began to see if there was something of worth upon Dregthuk's body. He saw no point in trying to recover any of the tools of the other enemies, since he focused on heavy swords and shields, and those opponents had other specialties.

Quote:
Spend 1 healing surge, bringing me up to 34 HP.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:59 am
((You heal up from 0))

"Sure sure, Pelloth. They were all supposed to die at the first cut, but they just wouldn't cooperate. It's a good thing we don't follow the rules our foes disobey." Hars smirks.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:14 am
The drow didn't like that the changleing was mocking him, but he realised that in so doing she was mocking herself aswell, for she had been the reason Grashuk hadn't been able to heal him. This in mind, he gave her a single laugh, before moving to inspect the fallen Spellcaster that Cain had mangled for anything magical he might be able to use.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 pm
@Pelloth: You search through Skars belongings, but come upon nothing intriguing except for his holy symbol, which is non-magical, but on the wooden symbol is a crude carving of Yeenoghu.

@Grashuk: You search Dregthuks headless body and neither his shield nor sword appear to be of value. But his gloves on his hands appear to be magical. After a few minutes of study, you identify them as Grizzly Gauntlets ((page 59 of AV2, or check CB)). They are a pair of thick gloves covered in bear fur.

((If you need the stats - Property: You gain a +3 item bonus to Strength checks to grab a creature and to athletics checks or acrobatics checks to escape a grab.))  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:02 pm
Although he thought of just cutting off Dregthuk's arms at the elbow, he decided that it would get too much blood on the gloves. Instead, he tore free the sword and shield, and threw them off to the side. He extricated the gloves, rather uncerimonously, and intentionally breaking a finger or three.

Throwing off the rather crude, and non-magical leather gauntlets he was wearing, he tugged on the bear fur gloves. He instantly felt the strength of the animal pouring through his veins and into his hands. "These might come in handy," he said quietly to himself, flexing the fingers to make sure they fit. Surprisingly, they did.

He walked back over to the rest of the group, his arms crossed over his chest. "Well, if anything, this is a learning experience. It's showed that I'm going to have to put a lot more emphasis on keeping your collective feet out of the grave."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:44 am
Cain seemed to be in a world of his own as the others talked and robbed the corpses. The deluded Kenku was deaf to all their insults and nay saying, he was far to focused on the task at hand. Also known as lunch. Sitting at the Gnoll's side, Cain started to use his saw to hack away at Skar's right thigh. After a minute or two he managed to chop off the whole left leg, and then removed the knee downwards leaving him with just the thigh.

His prize in hand, Cain made his way to the others, gnawing at the meat like a corn on the cob.

"Are we leaving now?" He asked in between bites.

[[Spending 2 healing surges, bringing him to 42/44HP. 6HS left.]]  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:13 am
As Cain headed over the others, Daelos gave him a contemptuous look and shook his head. He then began to walk along the northern path, and made a motion to you five to follow. As you fell into step behind him, the rain began falling again, heavier this time making the visibility drop. Daelos pulled his hood tight down over his head, he then turned around and said, "Better get used to this weather, I can see it being like this for our whole journey."

~End of Chapter 1~

I know 'its raining' isn't exactly an intense way to end ^^ but I wanted it to finish as you left Ravenholm. Chapter 2 will begin shortly, and it will begin after quite a few days of rainy travel. So if you want to have done anything during that time, like knitting or rekindling your 'special relationship', post that here before I start the next Chapter. I am also going to post some end of chapter rewards, so keep your eyes on this spot!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 am
Gerash grumbled a bit about the rain as his robe again closed most of its eyes to keep the water out. For the duration of the journey he would remain as silent as he could, doing nothing more than walking or resting, following suit with the rest of the party.

((Do we get an extended rest if chapter 2 is days afterward? and if not, can i swap my utility powers anyway? i probably should'nt've defaulted to the shadow serpent))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:32 am
If Hars is able to get some dry shelter, she will knit in order ro rekindle her special relationship. She felt bad about having let Pelloth down so literally. Not guilty, she just felt like she should've been able to kill Dregthuk faster, and that accomplished had been able to protect the warlock from Karz. With such self-dissatisfaction in mind, she will knit a sweater for the drow, but will refrain from doing such if it's just going to get all wet.

While travelling, Hars will joke and gambol in different shapes as before, but much of her time spent marching will be in the female elf form. She will try again to reclaim real estate within Pelloth's trousers, if for no other reason than for want of a warm body in the cold night. Also, as she has gone drow, she cannot go back.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am
Pelloth will by no means thwart Hars' female advances, and if he were to do so as a male, he will deny him in a comical manner. He has already shown that despite the form and gender Hars was born with, he was a Changeling, and that really means little. Besides, it's like there was any other female comfort he could find in this long trip.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:34 pm
Grashuk would admire the Orc's blade whenever he had a chance, wondering just where he had seen it before. Although nothing new came to mind, he was also looking to see if there might possibly be any enchantments upon the blade. If it was powerful enough, he might consider using it in battle from time to time.

When travelling, he remained relatively silent, kicking himself mentally for not using his natural sneakiness to down Dregthuk a turn before Pelloth fell. If he had been more aware of his surroundings, he might have been able to do more for the Drow.

Quote:
I forgot that Bugbears have a racial encounter power that does an additional 1d6 if I have CA. sweatdrop

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff