Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 am
Kusa is a smurf! biggrin Okay, not really, but there's a lot of blue going on here. I like it, though. It all goes together nicely. Well done.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 am
I'm actually going to save this one and name it Kitty Frost. 4laugh ((Oddly enough I'm not wearing any SHOES ^_^ ))

I think that your avatar is really weird (Nothing WRONG with that wink ) I only recognize about half of the items but it looks like misc creature items like werewolf, fairy, demons... It's really an interesting cross-section.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 pm
I really like the way you've worked in several blue shades and made them balance with the white, sparkly objects. The only thing I don't love is the Hermes' moon, since it's color detracts from the eyes, and thus the avatar itself. I feel like a white moon item would perfect this. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm
User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

I really like it :3
The only thing that bothers me is the multiple shades of grey make it feel kind of off...
Otherwise, quite excellent.

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:20 pm
I noticed it too, and I was thinking of changing it again. I dun like how all the whites have different-colored shadows.

Yours, however, is gorgeous. I love the flow the items build around your avatar's body, and I especially love the monochrome scheme and how well the look works as a unit. Nicely done. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:09 pm

I love this one x3
Everything works together, and you seem to have some kind of theme going on.
The red eyes are the only thing I have any kind of issue with :/
Maybe if you had blue or gold ones?

It causes all the grief
User Image

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:23 pm
Not going to lie, I always love your avies. smile However, the sheer amount of black on this one kind of detracts from it for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:02 pm
It's kinda neat and Gaia layered. I'd suggest just taking the white nurse skirt instead though. I mean the blue green kinda goes with the wings and fairies but, as an article of clothing it stands out way too much.  

Phaeton

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 pm
Gorgeous really. Anyway, I love it. The only thing that might be an issue (though it's easily overlooked since you don't have an abundance of red on this avi) is the slight differences in shades of red between the items.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:25 am
I just have to say you've got a beautiful snowy figure and facade going. But the little flaming thing (forgive me if i don't know the name, i've been out of the loop in gaia for about a year or so) kind of throws me off.  

Prinniesdood

3,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm

It's simple, but I like it.
:3

It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 pm
I'd maybe find headphones that match the hair? (I don't know if they exist though.)  

Voo to the doo

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
None of the visible pieces go together very well, despite all being shades of black or dark grey. I would pick one or two pieces and try to build from that. The laceback jacket and gloves could be a good starting point, or the cute bow, the teeshirt, and the slippers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:08 am
Your avatar is so.. white... I'm amazed that there is not a single item around you that has a bit of color. Even you EYES are shades of white and gray. It's fantastic and mesmerizing, and honestly creepy. You have outdone yourself.

If I had to "improve" that look I would say get a Tonberry knife (if Gaia Had a reasonable facsimile).  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:18 am
Thank you. ^^ I wanted to include a weapon, but I couldn't find one that I thought worked well with it.

I really like your avatar. The hat, jacket, and things on your feet all go together very well. I like the touches of orange, too. The only thing I could suggest would be to try and find a vest or scarf of the same orange. That said, Gaia is seriously lacking in orange items, so that might not be possible. Well done, overall. ^^  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff