Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:18 am
Rae Starshine

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I know it's not something you like thinking about either." She really should have known better than to even imply that stuff. Stupid, stupid, idiot! Rae silently chided herself, taking a sip of her tea and casting about for a different topic. Nodding slowly at his words, she really did try to ask herself if she was capable of forgiving them. It took a couple of minutes of introspection, but yes, Rae decided she was capable of forgiveness. But she would never forget, nor was she likely to trust anything he did or said in regards to her on the future.

Staring into the depths of her tea mug, then looking up at her friend's profile, she studied the horns sprouting from his head. She had no urge to ask him about them, as she figured it was a rather personal thing to ask about. Oh dear, now she was staring off into space instead of answering his question. Bear with the tiny princess, she'll snap out of it in a minute, looking away in mild embarrassment. "Ah, sorry.. Whatever you want to do is fine by me, I guess. I don't really have anything in mind just yet." They usually watched movies or tv whenever they hung out, but maybe Toby had something else in mind.

Shaking his head, he put an arm around her in a side hug.
"Nothing to fret about, I only meant it is alright to let me help you now and then."
A lull in conversation was fine between friends, though he did note from the corner of his eye where she was looking. With a chuckle, he closed his eyes.
"See something of interest? Heh, it is alright. I just want to do something that will bring you some happiness."
Gesturing toward the tv remote with his mug, Tobias shrugged.
"There is always watching a show or movie."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:11 am
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I know it's not something you like thinking about either." She really should have known better than to even imply that stuff. Stupid, stupid, idiot! Rae silently chided herself, taking a sip of her tea and casting about for a different topic. Nodding slowly at his words, she really did try to ask herself if she was capable of forgiving them. It took a couple of minutes of introspection, but yes, Rae decided she was capable of forgiveness. But she would never forget, nor was she likely to trust anything he did or said in regards to her on the future.

Staring into the depths of her tea mug, then looking up at her friend's profile, she studied the horns sprouting from his head. She had no urge to ask him about them, as she figured it was a rather personal thing to ask about. Oh dear, now she was staring off into space instead of answering his question. Bear with the tiny princess, she'll snap out of it in a minute, looking away in mild embarrassment. "Ah, sorry.. Whatever you want to do is fine by me, I guess. I don't really have anything in mind just yet." They usually watched movies or tv whenever they hung out, but maybe Toby had something else in mind.

"Nothing to fret about, I only meant it is alright to let me help you now and then."
A lull in conversation was fine between friends, though he did note from the corner of his eye where she was looking. With a chuckle, he closed his eyes.
"See something of interest? Heh, it is alright. I just want to do something that will bring you some happiness."

Two hugs in one day, she was lucky indeed. From the same person, no less! It definitely helped her feel better, though nothing but an apology would ease her discomfort about the matter completely. "I'll try and remember that, but you know how I am about asking others for help.." The poor princess was just terrible at asking others for help, even for the smallest things.

Startled out of her reverie, she averted her eyes, staring down into her mug." Um, your horns look nice today.." Good Gaia, really? That's the first thing that came to your mind? Honestly, get your mind back on the important matter at hand and stop staring off into space. Her mind did often wander when left to its own devices, despite all the royal conditioning she's been through so far.

"Are you sure? We always watch television, or a movie whenever we hang out. It's not a bad thing! Just, we always do that. I don't mind either way, I just thought you'd like some variety this time, concerning the circumstances.." she let her voice trail off, leaving the sentence unfinished. Then again, there might be something interesting on tv after all. A thought wave sparked off, and she decided to voice it, hoping to garner interest.

"Hey, there's this show on tv that comes on the Gaia Travel channel sometimes called 'Ghost Adventures' and it's about these dudes that go into some of the older buildings around Gaia and document the ghost sightings that have been reported there. I don't know if it's on right now, but does that interest you at all?" At the very least, it was worth a shot.

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:23 pm
Rae Starshine
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

Two hugs in one day, she was lucky indeed. From the same person, no less! It definitely helped her feel better, though nothing but an apology would ease her discomfort about the matter completely. "I'll try and remember that, but you know how I am about asking others for help.." The poor princess was just terrible at asking others for help, even for the smallest things.

Startled out of her reverie, she averted her eyes, staring down into her mug." Um, your horns look nice today.." Good Gaia, really? That's the first thing that came to your mind? Honestly, get your mind back on the important matter at hand and stop staring off into space. Her mind did often wander when left to its own devices, despite all the royal conditioning she's been through so far.

"Are you sure? We always watch television, or a movie whenever we hang out. It's not a bad thing! Just, we always do that. I don't mind either way, I just thought you'd like some variety this time, concerning the circumstances.." she let her voice trail off, leaving the sentence unfinished. Then again, there might be something interesting on tv after all. A thought wave sparked off, and she decided to voice it, hoping to garner interest.

"Hey, there's this show on tv that comes on the Gaia Travel channel sometimes called 'Ghost Adventures' and it's about these dudes that go into some of the older buildings around Gaia and document the ghost sightings that have been reported there. I don't know if it's on right now, but does that interest you at all?" At the very least, it was worth a shot.

"Yes, I know. That is why I will remind you."
Hearing her comment, a smirk started to show on his lips.
"Do they? Heh, thank you. Perhaps I just finished shining them before you texted me."
His tea had cooled a good deal by then and he drank it down. Finishing it off, he leaned forward to set the mug down.
"As I said, we can do whatever will make you happy. I have little else here to do really. Unless you were wanting to dance."
His brow raised hearing her offer a suggestion. Sitting back, he gazed over at her.
"Do ghosts not appear to most as easily as they seem to around here? Or is it that they are encountering something else all together?"
It seemed Rae had caught his interest. It just so happened to be the same interest that kept him pouring over the old fairy tales and myths he had begun collecting on his bookshelf.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:26 am
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

"Yes, I know. That is why I will remind you."
Hearing her comment, a smirk started to show on his lips.
"Do they? Heh, thank you. Perhaps I just finished shining them before you texted me."
His tea had cooled a good deal by then and he drank it down. Finishing it off, he leaned forward to set the mug down.
"As I said, we can do whatever will make you happy. I have little else here to do really. Unless you were wanting to dance."
His brow raised hearing her offer a suggestion. Sitting back, he gazed over at her.
"Do ghosts not appear to most as easily as they seem to around here? Or is it that they are encountering something else all together?"
It seemed Rae had caught his interest. It just so happened to be the same interest that kept him pouring over the old fairy tales and myths he had begun collecting on his bookshelf.

"I appreciate it more than you know." His next remark had her spluttering and choking on the last of her tea. She recovered quickly, wiping her mouth off with a napkin from the tray. In another minute, she's fully composed and sitting up straight. "My goodness, Toby. Really? I hope I didn't catch you unawares, then." Giving him a significant look, she turned her attention to the remote, picking it up and turning the tv on, making sure the volume was low enough, but both could still hear it comfortably.

"A dance? That could be nice.. How about this. We'll watch one episode, and if you don't like it, we can dance to your heart's content." It was a good suggestion, and at the very least, both could enjoy either activity. He seemed interested in the talk of ghosts though, and she wan't surprised. For as long as Rae had known Toby, he'd been obsessed with finding out about his kind, and if there was anything at all about them in Gaia's fiction.

"Hm? Well, not all ghosts are the same. Some require more energy to manifest themselves on this plane, while others simply move on. It's also possible it could be the kind of demon who requires a host body to walk on this plane of existence. I won't bore you with all the particulars, but it's kind of funny if you watch it for long enough." Mostly she was referring to the reactions from the men investigating and how they interacted with the spirits they encountered. Maybe it would take both their thoughts to a better place than they were now.

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 am
Rae Starshine

"I appreciate it more than you know." His next remark had her spluttering and choking on the last of her tea. She recovered quickly, wiping her mouth off with a napkin from the tray. In another minute, she's fully composed and sitting up straight. "My goodness, Toby. Really? I hope I didn't catch you unawares, then." Giving him a significant look, she turned her attention to the remote, picking it up and turning the tv on, making sure the volume was low enough, but both could still hear it comfortably.

"A dance? That could be nice.. How about this. We'll watch one episode, and if you don't like it, we can dance to your heart's content." It was a good suggestion, and at the very least, both could enjoy either activity. He seemed interested in the talk of ghosts though, and she wan't surprised. For as long as Rae had known Toby, he'd been obsessed with finding out about his kind, and if there was anything at all about them in Gaia's fiction.

"Hm? Well, not all ghosts are the same. Some require more energy to manifest themselves on this plane, while others simply move on. It's also possible it could be the kind of demon who requires a host body to walk on this plane of existence. I won't bore you with all the particulars, but it's kind of funny if you watch it for long enough." Mostly she was referring to the reactions from the men investigating and how they interacted with the spirits they encountered. Maybe it would take both their thoughts to a better place than they were now.

"Everyone needs a good reminder now and then."
Hearing her sputter, he looked over at her with concern. She recovered quickly, but he was a little surprised he had gotten such a reaction.
"I was teasing, Rae my dear. Give me a little credit, I do have some self control."
Winking, he grinned at the look she gave him. He then turned his attention to the tv still listening to her.
"Sounds reasonable, this could be interesting."
Yes his interests was for exactly the reason she suspected. Could one really blame him for wanting to know? He still had no idea how he had ended up on this side, as it were. Any clues would be most welcome. There was family he had left behind that he wished he could see again. Running a hand through his hair, he nodded at her words.
"I see. I suppose we are luckier than these fellows as we have little trouble seeing them usually."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:34 am
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

Hearing her sputter, he looked over at her with concern. She recovered quickly, but he was a little surprised he had gotten such a reaction.
"I was teasing, Rae my dear. Give me a little credit, I do have some self control."
Winking, he grinned at the look she gave him. He then turned his attention to the tv still listening to her.
Yes his interest was for exactly the reason she suspected. Could one really blame him for wanting to know? He still had no idea how he had ended up on this side, as it were. Any clues would be most welcome. There was family he had left behind that he wished he could see again. Running a hand through his hair, he nodded at her words.
"I see. I suppose we are luckier than these fellows as we have little trouble seeing them usually."

Suppressing a snort, Rae turned the channel over to the tv guide channel, scanning what was on. "You should know better by now, though.. I do suppose you're capable of controlling yourself." Returning the wink with a playful roll of the eyes, she pointed at the tv, watching as the channels steadily scrolled upward.

"There, it comes on in ten minutes or so. Want to watch something in the meantime, or..?" Leaving the sentence unfinished, she turned to look back at Toby to see what he thought. Tucking a strand of very pink hair behind an ear, her mind raced ahead, coming up with all sorts of theories as to whether watching this show might help him at all. She really did want her friend to find a way to return to his home. He had mentioned to her before about leaving family behind. Having lost her own family years ago, the princess knew how important they must be to him.

"Yes, but there are different types of ghosts, as I mentioned before. There are the kind Panty is familiar with, the kind most Gaians are familiar with, and then there are poltergeists and demons, and such, the latter of which lean more towards chaos." There she goes again, with her long-winded explanations. Poor Toby, another victim to the analytical ramblings of a Virgo, she vaguely wondered how he managed to put up with her all these years.

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:45 am
Rae Starshine
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

Yes his interest was for exactly the reason she suspected. Could one really blame him for wanting to know? He still had no idea how he had ended up on this side, as it were. Any clues would be most welcome. There was family he had left behind that he wished he could see again. Running a hand through his hair, he nodded at her words.

Suppressing a snort, Rae turned the channel over to the tv guide channel, scanning what was on. "You should know better by now, though.. I do suppose you're capable of controlling yourself." Returning the wink with a playful roll of the eyes, she pointed at the tv, watching as the channels steadily scrolled upward.

"There, it comes on in ten minutes or so. Want to watch something in the meantime, or..?" Leaving the sentence unfinished, she turned to look back at Toby to see what he thought. Tucking a strand of very pink hair behind an ear, her mind raced ahead, coming up with all sorts of theories as to whether watching this show might help him at all. She really did want her friend to find a way to return to his home. He had mentioned to her before about leaving family behind. Having lost her own family years ago, the princess knew how important they must be to him.

"Yes, but there are different types of ghosts, as I mentioned before. There are the kind Panty is familiar with, the kind most Gaians are familiar with, and then there are poltergeists and demons, and such, the latter of which lean more towards chaos." There she goes again, with her long-winded explanations. Poor Toby, another victim to the analytical ramblings of a Virgo, she vaguely wondered how he managed to put up with her all these years.

"Mm, but where would we be without our playful teasing? One would hope so."
Shifting his gaze to the tv, he nodded then gazed back at her again.
"If you like. It will only be the last part of something or perhaps the middle of a movie."
Gaze once more returning to the tv, he listened and considered what she said about the different types.
"I see. Then how many more are simply mistaken for some of the above mentioned?"
The question was rhetorical, he was simply thinking aloud when he said it. After all, he had been taught that his kind did resemble in some ways some of the things she had mentioned. Horns like a demon, the chill of an angry specter, and his difficult to distinguish in his natural state form. Yes his kind could seem down right frightening at only a passing glance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:17 am
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

"Mm, but where would we be without our playful teasing? One would hope so."
Shifting his gaze to the tv, he nodded then gazed back at her again.
"If you like. It will only be the last part of something or perhaps the middle of a movie."
Gaze once more returning to the tv, he listened and considered what she said about the different types.
"I see. Then how many more are simply mistaken for some of the above mentioned?"
The question was rhetorical, he was simply thinking aloud when he said it. After all, he had been taught that his kind did resemble in some ways some of the things she had mentioned. Horns like a demon, the chill of an angry specter, and his difficult to distinguish in his natural state form. Yes his kind could seem down right frightening at only a passing glance.

"Likely worse for the wear, I'd imagine." So far, Toby continued to be the medicine she needed, though it would still take some kind of exceptional miracle for her to feel truly happy again. Flicking through the channels, she stopped on the GaianDisney channel. "Hey look, Mulan is on. It's almost over, though.. Have you ever seen that one, Toby?" Rae wouldn't have pegged him as the GaianDisney princess type, but he did have a certain fondness for cute things, so who knew?

It seemed like Mulan and her companions were about to storm the Emperor's palace. It was her favorite part of the movie. Whether a rhetorical question or not, he'd better be ready for the monologue of a lifetime. She thought a moment, being certain of her words before continuing. "Well, each entity has certain characteristics that distinguish them from one another. Ghosts are usually opaque and will either wander the earth aimlessly, or else inhabit some place they were attached to in life. Some have unfinished business, which is why they cannot move on, others.. don't even realize they are dead, and will try to continue living their lives as though nothing has happened." Pausing to smile at a joke from Mushu, she soon continued speaking.

"As for poltergeists, they exclusively exist to cause mischief. Moving things around, making noises, things like that. Some go too far, though, resorting to harming the living. They're usually completely invisible. As for demons.." she paused, glancing up at his horns again. "They are usually defined by horns, pointy tails, and sometimes claws and fangs. I'm not sure what really dictates their individual appearance. As for temperament, they are usually rather.. well, evil is a bit of a strong word. They love causing chaos, but it's more than that. I've actually met a rather nice demon before, we used to be friends.."

Again, she paused, a frown breaking through the carefully placed mask. "And then there are those who delight in torturing others, inhabiting the bodies of unsuspecting Gaians and wreaking havoc, caring not for those who get in their way." Leaning back into the couch cushions and folding her arms over her chest, Rae went back to watching the movie, frown still firmly upon her face. She'd met many people in her time on Gaia, and as the Starlight Princess, it was her job to keep up good relations with its people.

Clearly there was some unspoken history between her and demonic folk, but she wouldn't be telling him any of that. Maybe one day, but not now. If it were to put him at ease, Rae had never been scared of him, not even around Halloween when he got rather.. possessive of what he deemed his. It was something she'd dealt with before, and would continue to deal with as long as they remained friends. He was such a kind person, whoever mistook him for a demon was foolish indeed, as he wouldn't hurt a fly. Well, as long as that fly didn't try to annoy/hurt his dear friends..

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:13 am
"The pastel hues of spring awaken me as if from a dream long woven,
I may be one of darkness and cold, but this is beauty I can not leave unspoken.
This world too lifting up in life anew brings me along with a gentle tug,
Showing me soft colors and warmth that surround me like a comforting hug.
The air is scented with delicate blooms as I stroll,
Sweetest aromas that could lift even one without a soul.
And with all this beauty, my mind still wanders back to this and that time,
To faces I know and knew, the ones who bring a smile sublime.
It has been awhile my dears, this is true.
But trust I have not forgotten you.
Recall this smokey fellow may be hard to see,
Yet one does hope you also have not forgotten me."

((Felt like writing something since I didn't really have time to anon this event. Have some poetry. ))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:17 am
It had been ages since she had last seen her smoky friend, and Rae had finally had enough of her current lifestyle. Sure, it had been six months, but that was far too long to be living a lie. Enough was enough, she wanted out, and lucky for her, she found it, quite by chance. The Morrigan had come to her after a shift at the station while she was walking home. Steering the surprised woman over to a secluded grove of trees, the Elder had informed her of the Magician's failure in tracking her down, and now he was too busy being hunted by his former allies to bother with one little human girl. Finally, she could go back to being the girl she was -- no, that dream evaporated as soon as it had appeared.

Rae could never go back. She was too deeply involved in her new job, and once the general public was aware of her existence, there might be no end to their pestering. Then again, Nyx was up to his old tricks, and as a result, her division in the Special Forces had their own hands full trying to contain the chaos. Even now, she had to quickly make her way through half a dozen back yards on her way to Toby's secluded cottage, keeping to the shadows. Well, she thought of it that way, though it was nothing fancy. Just a quaint little one story house situated deep in the trees, far from the main road.

She'd thought about calling ahead, but old habits stayed her hand. Vicky was likely just settling into bed at this hour, and though her double was generally a cheerful person, she was hell to wake up. 'Much like you.' she thought, the edges of her lips pulling upwards into a semblance of a smile. Rae couldn't remember the last time she'd genuinely smiled because of one of her own errant thoughts. Bypassing an animal trail, ghostly blue hair gleaming in the moonlight, she made her way towards the tiny house, with it's one dim lamp highlighting the edges of the curtains. Of course he'd be awake, despite the lightening of the sky to the east.

Dawn would likely come within the hour. He kept such odd hours, much like herself, it was no wonder they got along so well. The early Spring morning held an underlying chill, making the wool scarf wound about her throat more useful in recent days. She'd dropped by right after a shift at work, without notice, and without even bringing anything to offer him. Usually, a bag of doughnuts from Rina's was enough to let her through the door without comment, but now.. she wasn't so sure. Approaching the porch steps, emitting low creaks as she made her way up to the door, she briefly wondered if she shouldn't just turn back. She was in need of a warm meal, and maybe a hot shower, though the latter wasn't an urgent need, thankfully.

Taking a deep breath, the young woman raised her hand, letting it rap gently against the thick wood door, just three times. Doubtless he would know who was knocking on his door at nearly 6am, but it was better to be certain. Rotating her neck from side to side, she was rewarded with twin cracks as her vertebrae settled. Nearly six months into her career in Special Forces, and she was already pretty much the head of the department. Rae didn't fancy the monotonous strain of desk work at first, but she soon lost herself in it, wanting to do anything she could to help people in her own way. Well, she'd gotten her wish, though not as she expected. At least Toby was the one steady constant in her life. She could count on him, even if she had to wait forever for him to open the door. Hopefully, he was glad to see her, otherwise this visit was all for naught.

((Hope it's okay to have her drop in, she missed her smoky friend. I thought would be nice to give her some happy again, she needs it.))

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:04 am
Rae Starshine

Tobias was resting on his couch, pouring over one of his many tomes. Mocha had of course claimed his lap as a resting spot, and he was absently petting the tiny kitten as he read. The creaking porch steps caught the cat's attention, and the little ball of fluff and energy hopped down and headed to the window that let it see the front door. Raising a brow as the cat left his lap, the horned male set his book down.
"Something out there, Mocha?"
Stretching, he went to go look out the window. Yet as he reached for the curtain, a gentle rapping at the door was heard. Mocha had gone to the door, rubbing against the frame and waiting for him to open it. Giving a soft chuckle and shake of his head at the kitten's display, he moved to open the door.
"Company at such an hour, expecting a friend, Mocha?"
Picking the kitten up as he opened the door, ruby eyes fell upon a familiar figure. The hint of a smile curved his lips and he bowed his head opening the door more.
"Why Detective, to what do I owe the pleasure of a visit? I dare say it is cold out there, do come in. I can not guarantee it will be too much better in here, however."
Moving to the side, he held the door for her to come in. Once she was inside, the door was closed and locked. Smiling more as he gazed down at her, his voice took a less formal tone as he spoke again.
"Well hello, stranger. I really would like to know to what or whom I owe this pleasant surprise of a visit."
As he was speaking, Mocha hopped out of his arms and went to do figure eights around her legs. Affection was now to come, of course. Thus the kitten looked up with a mew, expectantly.

((But of course, the feeling is mutual after all. I shall do my best to provide. ))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:36 am
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

Tobias was resting on his couch, pouring over one of his many tomes. Mocha had of course claimed his lap as a resting spot, and he was absently petting the tiny kitten as he read. The creaking porch steps caught the cat's attention, and the little ball of fluff and energy hopped down and headed to the window that let it see the front door. Raising a brow as the cat left his lap, the horned male set his book down.
"Something out there, Mocha?"
Stretching, he went to go look out the window. Yet as he reached for the curtain, a gentle rapping at the door was heard. Mocha had gone to the door, rubbing against the frame and waiting for him to open it. Giving a soft chuckle and shake of his head at the kitten's display, he moved to open the door.
"Company at such an hour, expecting a friend, Mocha?"
Picking the kitten up as he opened the door, ruby eyes fell upon a familiar figure. The hint of a smile curved his lips and he bowed his head opening the door more.
"Why Detective, to what do I owe the pleasure of a visit? I dare say it is cold out there, do come in. I can not guarantee it will be too much better in here, however."
Moving to the side, he held the door for her to come in. Once she was inside, the door was closed and locked. Smiling more as he gazed down at her, his voice took a less formal tone as he spoke again.
"Well hello, stranger. I really would like to know to what or whom I owe this pleasant surprise of a visit."
As he was speaking, Mocha hopped out of his arms and went to do figure eights around her legs. Affection was now to come, of course. Thus the kitten looked up with a mew, expectantly.

((But of course, the feeling is mutual after all. I shall do my best to provide. ))

A gentle smile spread across her lips at the sight of her friend, but it didn't stick around long. Nodding curtly, the young detective stuck her gloved hands in the warm pockets of her dark trench coat, speaking with a voice that was not her own as her friend opened the door, light spilling out to cover her in it's warm embrace.

"Good morning, Tobias. I hope I'm not intruding. I have a few things to discuss with you, if it's alright." It was not a question, but nowhere near a demand either. Her low, rich tones carried easily to cover the few foot distance between them. Taking Toby up on his offer, she confidently strolled inside, phantom blue tresses fanning out behind her in the slight breeze through the open doorway. As soon as he'd closed the door, she turned to face him, much more relaxed and at ease than she had been a moment previously. Now she could turn off the voice distortion device, and she did so, reaching under her scarf to press the small stone once. Almost immediately, the continuous warmth the stone exuded against the hollow of her neck ceased.

"Hmm, that's better. Sorry, old habits die hard. I came just to visit, and perhaps talk some things out with you, if that's alright.." Rae let her voice trail off, as she had just noticed Mocha winding about her legs, mewing expectantly. Smiling, she bent down and picked up the little dear, cradling him close to her chest. Affection time, indeed. Usually, she kept the kitten star at arm's level, only reaching out to pet him every so often on her previous visits. Stardust from a kitten star's fur gets absolutely everywhere, and Rae couldn't afford to get even so much as a glimmer of it on her clothes. So it had been for the past six months, even opting to give up Violet, her own little lavender kitten star, ordering the little one to stay behind and look after her brothers and sisters instead. It pained her to give up everything and everyone she'd loved, but really, the young woman had no choice in the matter. Hopefully, things would begin to change in that regard for the better.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, or interrupted something important. Can we sit for awhile? I have so much to tell you.." Again, her voice trailed off, though she kept up eye contact as she scratched Mocha behind his ears. Right now, her eyes were steely grey, like storm clouds hovering above the earth. God, how she hated contact lenses. It would almost be worth it just to use magic instead, but that was a good way to get one killed by aura trackers. So, she'd taken to a more modern approach as far as her disguise went. A simple hair color change, cherry soda perfume that tickled the nose, and a slight change in skin tone had been the first of many personal changes. Coming up with a name had been the difficult part. She suspected that, though she had yet to reveal her entire situation to her smoky friend, that he knew more than he was letting on.

((You always do, honestly. It's been ages since they hung out, so I hope you don't mind some lengthy posts..))

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:18 pm
Rae Starshine

While the door was still open, he had simply given a polite nod. However once the door was closed and her voice the one he knew so well, one could nearly see him shift to a more relaxed state.
"You know you are always welcome, my dear. It sounds like a fine idea. Tell me, what is on your mind?"
Just as he said this, Mocha was getting all the affections he had been missing out on. Of course the small one bared no ill will, he knew there would be proper attending to again. Now here it was and a soft purr was soon heard, making Tobias chuckle again. Truly the little dear was fairy easy to please. Turning his attention back to Rae, his brow raised in slight amusement.
"I should think you would know sleep is not happening at this hour for me. However, I appreciate you not wanting to interrupt anything of import. Fret not, I was just sitting and reading before you stopped by."
Stepping away from the door, one of his hands gestured toward the couch.
"Of course, make yourself comfortable. Can I get you anything, a drink perhaps?"
The normally smokey, but for the moment solid male, walked over and stood by the couch. He had turned slightly to look back at her when he offered refreshments. There would be as much time as she needed, but he would feel remiss if he didn't attend to proper hosting duties. A nod to his upbringing, he'd be sure his dear friend was taken care of while under his roof.

((Never do I mind more to read. Write as much as you like, you will hear no complaints from me. ))

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:24 am
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Rae Starshine

While the door was still open, he had simply given a polite nod. However once the door was closed and her voice the one he knew so well, one could nearly see him shift to a more relaxed state.
"You know you are always welcome, my dear. It sounds like a fine idea. Tell me, what is on your mind?"
Just as he said this, Mocha was getting all the affections he had been missing out on. Of course the small one bared no ill will, he knew there would be proper attending to again. Now here it was and a soft purr was soon heard, making Tobias chuckle again. Truly the little dear was fairy easy to please. Turning his attention back to Rae, his brow raised in slight amusement.
"I should think you would know sleep is not happening at this hour for me. However, I appreciate you not wanting to interrupt anything of import. Fret not, I was just sitting and reading before you stopped by."
Stepping away from the door, one of his hands gestured toward the couch.
"Of course, make yourself comfortable. Can I get you anything, a drink perhaps?"
The normally smokey, but for the moment solid male, walked over and stood by the couch. He had turned slightly to look back at her when he offered refreshments. There would be as much time as she needed, but he would feel remiss if he didn't attend to proper hosting duties. A nod to his upbringing, he'd be sure his dear friend was taken care of while under his roof.

((Never do I mind more to read. Write as much as you like, you will hear no complaints from me. ))

Tickling the kitten star under the chin, Rae took Toby up on his offer and made her way over to the couch, making herself comfortable in it's soft cushions. She was going to be staying for awhile, so may as well get as comfortable as possible. Placing Mocha beside her, she leaned forward to unzip each of her boots, sticking them under the coffee table. They had two inch heels and reached her calves. The second those black monstrosities were off her feet, a sigh of relief escaped her lips. The young detective also shrugged out of her coat with its shoulder holsters and removed her scarf, laying both on the back of the couch. Much better.

"A fair number of things, good news, bad news.. You know, the usual." It was an offhanded comment, but there was no doubt that serious discussion was soon to follow. Not to leave the little kitten star unattended, she picked the little bar of fur back up, setting him in her lap. It was fine if she got cat hair and such on herself, she would just wash her clothes and take a shower when she eventually did go home. Nodding to Toby, she absently stroked the kitten's head and scratched his ears.

"Tea would be lovely, whichever kind you have on hand will do just fine. We'll be here for awhile, after all. Now, as for why I decided to stop by.." Rae stopped herself and took a deep breath before continuing. Once she told him everything, there was no going back. Then again, she's kept enough from him over the last half year. No more secrets, and no more lies. It was time to come clean.

"For the last six months, you know I've been in hiding because I was afraid for my life. I don't ever remember a time where I wasn't one hundred percent sure I could tackle anything that was thrown at me, but after what happened with the Magician.. Let's just say that my eyes were opened up a bit. He's had centuries of magical experience over me, and even with the Morrigan's help, I was barely able to escape his notice. He wasn't after me specifically, of course, but after someone I had instructed to steal something very important from the Magician. They were safe, but I was not, being the Morrigan's apprentice. Of course, she offered me her protection, and I took it. I lost a great deal as a result, but you know all about that.."

Here she paused, cracking her knuckles out of habit before placing her hands in her lap, still within Mocha's reach, but no longer petting the small dear. It was at this point that the young detective would have to tell him just how much her decisions had cost her. She'd come to terms with everything, and no longer bore anyone any ill will, but some wounds do not heal with time alone.

((Just making sure, you know. Not everyone is okay with reading essays when they respond.))

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm
Rae Starshine

"I see."
Tobias had simply been watching her quietly, musing on what was going to be spoken of. A smile touched his lips as she was making herself comfortable. With a nod, he made to go toward the kitchen.
"All things in there due time, relax for now. Permit me a moment to prepare the tea."
The last he spoke from the other room. The tea kettle was taken out and filled with water. Set on the burner to heat up, a tray was then brought out to prepare to carry the cups and things back to the living room. This would take time, so he strode over to the doorway to the living room and leaned on the frame. Crossing his arms over his chest, he just listened to her a moment once she spoke to him again.
"You know, it really is alright to know one can not take on the world alone. There are still those who have your back, should you have need of them."
Closing his eyes, he nodded at the last.
"Yes, my dear."
About to say more, the tea whistled catching his attention.
"Hold that thought, let me get the tea."
Holding up a finger, he then turned and went to get the tea pot off the burner. Pouring hot water into a pair of cups and placing them with the other things on the tray, a brief moment was taken to make sure it looked ascetically pleasing. Snagging two peppermint tea bags and setting them beside each cup, the rather tall male took up the tray and began carefully heading back to Rae. Placing it on the coffee table, Tobias sat down on the couch. Noting Mocha curled up in Rae's lap, the tiny kitten had a single paw placed on one of her hands.
"Prepare your tea, Rae my dear. Then speak when you are ready."
He then set his own tea to steep, before settling back into the couch.

((Nothing to fret about here. ))

Fanonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces