Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Agent Sinistra rolled 15 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 8, 3, 3, 7, 4, 9, 8, 4, 2, 5, 6, 8, 8 Total: 82 (15-150)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm
@ Magistrate's Tent
Kyumi had initially been hesitant to come forward and claim a badge. She'd been looking forward to going straight home after the tournament ended.

However, Zanzen's mention of having to deal with their duel before starting up his new duties had been enough to put her into action. After all, if she rejected the position being offered, the nosy and impudent Crane might misinterpret her refusal of the position.

Besides that, the Scorpion who had managed to get his fellow clansman injured because of his lack of control had also accepted. With the rashness of the two of them combined, they'd surely need someone to heal them, be it from injuries they ended up inflicting on each other or received from angering someone else.

She'd claim her badge with a quiet "Thank you for the honor..." and a bow before returning back to the samurai group and standing next to Seichiro. She'd glance up at her clansman and then back to the Crane, before quietly commenting. "Interesting how he's so set on dueling when he's just been told that the empire needs him."

@ Lioness Shenanigans
"If the duels were in... Knowing one's ancestors or using staves or..." Kyumi would look a little lost for words as she tried to think up another example.

"Or reading terrible romances to one's servants." Omi would quietly prompt.

"Or reading terri- Omi!" Her cheeks would slightly puff out as she shot her attendant a dirty look before noticing that Kenichi was approaching. She'd do her best to act as if she had not.

"A-Anyway, I guess we'll never know since the tournament is over now. Perhaps we should go for now, so we can finish packing up?"The Kitsu would begin to walk away from Jiro and toward the Lion tent, hoping that he'd leave before the Crane bushi ended up coming over to her.

((Rolling etiquette TWICE, 1st to make it so Kyumi doesn't sound like she's trying to weasel out of the duel, the 2nd to keep composure and for Jiro to hopefully not catch on that she's trying to get him to go away for the moment.
1:5k3=16; 2:5k3=24))  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm
@ Earlier Lioness Shenanigans:

"If... you think it's prudent, Kyumi-san," Jiro would reply, still smiling broadly after Omi's earlier cue. "You might have a lot to pack. Scrolls, clothing... pillow books... I wouldn't want to keep you." Jiro would shoot a quick glance, and smile, to Omi, before bowing his head, and turning to leave. It didn't seem like he had noticed Kenichi's approach. However...

"Kyumi-san!" he would say aloud to the Lioness as it looked like she was trying to leave, and assumed she had not noticed him.

Ide Jiro did pause, and turn around. "Ah! Kenichi-san! Sorry I haven't been around our stomping grounds much. The Crab had taken me in during that overnight downpour we had. Hopefully you managed to find shelter from it as well."

"... not as such, no. However, no offense, Jiro-san, but I'd like to say my farewell to Kyumi before we part ways."

Kyumi, do you use this time with the two gentlesamurai talking to make a break for it?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm
@ Everyone, Magistrate's Chambers:

Denbe would be uncertain as to the actual materials in the badges; however, Kagae's keen eye would be able to tell it wasn't jade. It seemed to be steel worked with some sort of gemstone shavings in its material, probably malachite. This would strike Kagae as odd, since it would be customary for such badges of station to be made of jade; but with all the troubles of the past couple decades, there has been a major jade shortage throughout Rokugan - a shortage that has hit the Crab particularly harder than other clans.

"From my understanding, Kaiu Kagae-san," Raicho would start to say, staring intently, almost angrily, at the young Crab, "You have preferences to work alone when you're back at home. Even your fellow Kaiu are strangers to you. But now, your Empire needs you, more than your blueprints ever could. If you fail to serve her, you may not have a home to return to, let alone blueprints. Consider this an investment into your future, Kagae."

"Don't think that prior matters are forgiven or forgotten," Doji Kita would begin to speak. "We have discussed punishments for you, Bayushi Kojiro. Some of us desired harsher punishments than others." Kita would pause to let that sink in. "But one thing was finally agreed upon. And that is that your duties as a Jade Warden will involve much travel throughout Rokugan - travel that will keep you from seeing your son. There is a strong chance that the newborn will go through much of his early life without knowing his father. A steep cost for such responsibility. That will be payment enough. The Daidoji Daimyo will be made aware of your transgressions on her lands and the punishment we have agreed upon; whether or not further charges will be filed against you will be up to her."

Seppun Benjiro would give short, disapproving side glances to both Zanzen and Kyumi. "We inform you of dire circumstances and bestow upon you a great honor, and you're still letting personal grievances sway your judgement?" He turned his head to look at Raicho and Kita, though he said nothing and made no motions. Turning back to the two other samurai, he would merely say to the both of them, "You two, outside, with me. Everyone else, wait here until we return." Benjiro would then move towards one door, sliding the panel aside before leading the way outside.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:35 pm
@ The Magistrate's Tent

Kojiro nodded solemnly to Kita words. Being born to a Scorpion wasn't an easy lot in life. Kenta-kun would understand, he hoped. Kojiro had to deal with the absence of his father for Kojiro's first three years of his existence. Doubtless, Kojiro would be the first in line to perform the worst tasks among the others, but as long as it gave him a shot at Masamune...  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:44 pm
@ Earlier Lioness Shenanigans
Kyumi does take this chance to bolt to the tent, though Omi appeared to have not gotten the memo. The servant would take her time to follow after her mistress.

@ Equal Opportunity paddlings? Duel-related Shenanigans
Kyumi would look appropriately chastened by Benjiro's look of disapproval. She'd silently do as she was told and would follow the magistrate outside. As they walked, she would do her best to ready herself for whatever the magistrate would have her do next.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 pm
@Magistrate Tent:

He followed Seppun Benjiro outside, wondering if it would not have been better to deal with this privately later. Letting it go without doing would just gnaw on him distractingly.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:50 pm
@ Outside the Magistrate's Room:

As the three samurai would make their way outside, Benjiro would wait a few moments after stopping, before addressing the duelist. "Before we address the matter further, I must know: Do you feel the insult that you have been given cannot be resolved in any other manner than through action, Kakita Zanzen-san?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 pm
@ Magistrate Tent

Taking a moment, he began speaking calmly. "This morning, when Koan-san returned from, where he may have been, he said something odd about not breaking. I looked for anything that may have been able to prove one way or another about the charge brought up against him with Isawa Toyoko. He mentioned about how Kitsu Kyumi took a letter. I proceeded over there to inquire into it, but she would not speak civilly with me, instead accusing me of being sent by Koan-san to harass her. I may have acted a tad rashly after in my rebuttal, having had the pressure of the tournaments and trying to explain to Seichero-san what we were doing for the Artisan Competition. It continued with the sour remarks till I made the challenge. Then Ide Jiro challenged me back for issuing the challenge."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:53 pm

"This is not new information for me. I have already resolved the matter of the letter with Kyumi-san, and it is already in our custody. It is not dishonorable to look after the well-being of a clanmate; however, the issue has been resolved, even if not to our liking. However, you have not yet answered my question." Benjiro stood there, waiting patiently.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:59 am
@Magistrates Tent:

He stayed silent for a few moments before sighing. "I believe that perhaps my decision was made in haste during a time of stress and while I still perceive an insult, I did reply in kind. I humbly apologize for my rashness at the time Kitsu-san."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 am

Benjiro would listen to the words, judging their sincerity. Turning to Kitsu Kyumi, he would address her. "Kitsu Kyumi-san, do you feel that the insults and challenges made must still be played out, that steel must be drawn for this?"  
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 6, 4, 4, 5, 2 Total: 31 (7-70)
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:18 pm
@Outside Magistrate's Room
"No, I do not." Kyumi would answer quietly. "My duty to the empire is more important than my pride..."

She would bow her head in apology to Zanzen."I apologize, Kakita-san, if my words were harsh and were offensive to you. That was not my intent..." She would return to her regular stance and pause before continuing.

"However, as you had not properly introduced yourself, and had not appeared to be interested in me before then, I thought it was suspicious. As I had been having an... issue with Doji Koan earlier, I thought he might have sent you to make trouble for me. I hope that is enough context for you to understand why I reacted the way I did..."

Once she had finished, she'd wait patiently for the magistrate's response.

((Tossing in an etiquette roll, 5k3 = 16))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 am

Clapping his hands together once, Benjiro smiled slightly - only slightly. "Good! I was hoping I wouldn't have to duel whichever one of you insisted on dueling. Then I am going to give each of you a special responsibility - seeing as this group of very varied individuals will be traveling together on this important mission, I am going to count on the two of you to make sure such conflicts of personality don't happen again - not necessarily between you, but between any two of the group. It will be up to the both of you to do what it takes to diffuse any future problems. Unfortunately, it is not the only burden one of you must bear. But we will talk of that later."

Assuming neither samurai vehemently, Benjiro would bow to them before leading them back inside.

--------------------

@ Magistrate's Chambers:

The door to outside would slide open, and Seppun Benjiro would lead both Zanzen and Kyumi back inside.

"Benjiro didn't need to cut a b***h?" Kuni Raicho would ask coarsely, yet calmly, offering a sly grin.

"Everything's fine. The situation has been resolved," Benjiro would respond, moving back to his seat at the head of the chamber with the other two.

"A pity."

"I am glad - and honored - that all of you have taken up this responsibility," Kita responded, ignoring the comments. "As Jade Wardens, you will take orders and missions from any Jade Magistrate, with the Champion Kuni Utagu being foremost your superior in these endeavors. The three of us will be next, followed by any other Jade Magistrate. You still have obligations to your daimyos, but only if they do not interfere with your work as Wardens - they are already aware of the positions, and would not have sent you if they did not intend on complying."

"And, as it is, we already have your first mission lined up. You leave first thing in the morning. We want you to head west, through Crab lands, towards the Twilight mountains. Rather than send you there through the Watchtower, we want you to head west from Kuda Mura to a smaller village known as Kuwagatamushi Mura. There, you can get to Kamisori sano Yoake Shiro, where they will see you off."

"We've recently lost a magistrate who was investigation mysterious happenings within the Twilight Mountains. Mysterious intruders have been spotted by occupants of the Watchtower, but none have ever been apprehended. With all of the mysticism that surrounds those mountains, it is no doubt that whomever is there, they are there for terrible reasons. The fact that our magistrate... and my fiance... has disappeared only adds to the ill omen this bears." Upon this explanation, Kita did seem visibly strained at holding her composure. Reaching beside her, she would pull out a scroll that contained a painted portrait of a man, observable to the group as soon as her shaking hands would unfurl it.

"If you can find and recover Asako Shusui, we will be grateful for his safe return. But he has been gone far too long, so we do fear the worst. If you do find proof of foul play, then track down the culprit and end their miserable existence. We would do it ourselves, but we have been called away on a mission of greater importance than simply investigation and rescue. Despite our protests." Raicho did seem audibly annoyed as she said this, gritting her teeth angrily as if holding her tongue was the most grueling challenge of her life. "As it is, I will be sending an associate with you; the daughter of a good friend of mine, from the Scorpion Clan. She is tasked on keeping me updated on your progress and status updates, and will be my liaison with the rest of you. She will meet you at Kuda Mura."

"If there's any equipment you need prior to your departure, let us know and we will do what is possible to equip you accordingly. We will not be able to arm you with any additional jade, unfortunately. Any requests for items of a personal nature will likewise be turned down. Beyond that, you are free to enjoy the rest of your time here. Good luck, and good hunting. With the exception of Matsu Seichiro and Kitsu Kyumi, you are dismissed."

--------------------

At this point, feel free to put in equipment requests in your follow-up posts. You only get one opportunity to make the request. I will do a mass post of items received as soon as all lists have been turned in. Act I is coming to a close, and will likely end as soon as the final matter with Seichiro and Kyumi is resolved.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am
Seichiro turned his head sideways towards Kyumi, then blinked twice. "I wonder why they need us now?" He muttered, then turned his attention towards the Magistrates.

Equipment Request: Heavy Armor, No-Dachi.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:09 pm
@Magistrate Chambers:

"So we're stopping at my hometown on the way? Great! As long as we don't encounter my parents on the way..." Declared Kagae and exiting the room putting his finger of jade away and finding somewhere to place keep his badge.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff