Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 3 Total: 12 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm
"Ow!" At this point he didn't even try and get in any kind of objections or even questions of how exactly he could possibly have been coming off rudely, and just tried not to infuriate the Dragon any more as he decided he was entirely giving up on trying to-

Oh.

Okay then.

He held his tongue anyway, watching Wazuka darken and flee, and grinned sheepishly at Tamori-- though he really felt lie it could have been useful to try and corner him for some advice.

...but perhaps he could look after that advice if he ever chances upon the right part of the Dragon lands.

Turning to thought, he smiled and headed back to his tent to attempt to at least wrap his wounds and reflect on the day a bit, before he risked socializing a bit more over dinner, if there was any pleasant company that would have him. As was, he preferred to start a journey early in the morning, and his tent and things would take only minutes to collect. For now, he'd relax some.

[3k2: Void/Meditation(Void): 18 vs TN 20, assuming no interruptions.]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm
((Oops, forgot dice.))  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:23 pm
@Crab shenanigans:

"I hold no real attachment to it now... I guess I'll write up a small note and put the contents of it outside announcing that they're there to be taken because I'm not going to take it back with me. Then the rest of the tent will be taken down with the main tent if you thought I hadn't already taken dismantling into the equation..." Replied Kagae rubbing his chin, "I think Kaori is leaving today since she was packing her things earlier and if you're leaving today also I'd rather not be taking the tent down by myself in the morn. That said it means if both of you are leaving this evening I will too it's just that I'd rather travel at the start of day light not towards the end of it. Though from what I heard we may have to give a certain unicorn the tent since Jiro deceived us slightly since the tent wasn't truly his to give us."

Kagae would sigh then enter the tent to begin packing while they continued talking.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:15 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Maru would look(?) over to Kojiro, nodding slowly. "Most likely. We have until the morning to pack up and head out, according to Seppun-sama." She would offer a slight smile at Kojiro's enthusiasm of his small victory in his greater defeat. "You must be excited."

The Soshi would head over to her things and begin putting them away to be transported at a later date. Naizen seemed merely content to lay there.

--------------------

"I... don't think he tried to deceive you, Kagae-san. Didn't he bring it for us to use, not have?" Hogai would offer up, a bit embarrassed by Kagae's seemingly vindictive attitude about it.

Hogai flexed his left arm, clapping his right hand on his bicep. "Worry not, Kagae-san. I'll stay until I've taken apart this tent oni, piece by piece. You shan't face this monster alone!" Hogai would let out a deep bellow of laughter, waiting to following any instructions Kagae had for him.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:14 pm
@Crab tent:

"Once again you choose an unfitting metaphor Hogai-san but at least this one was humorous... Regardless we shall have to pack and empty the tents before even thinking of dismantling it. Lets do that first then we'll have to undo the tent lines from their pegs, remove the supports inside then most likely have to cut the seams attaching our old crab tent to the unicorn tent." Grinned Kagae feeling completely in his element here of precision destruction, "Let us start!"

Kagae would confidently stride in and unless something were to happen do the aforementioned things in a montage inducing way.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:55 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro would carefully pack his things as Maru did likewise. "Very much so. It's hard to think about all that's happened to our clan during the past two decades, but hopefully Kenta-kun will have a measure of stability as he grows up."

The scorpion would strip off his one sleeved kimono quickly and then replace it with his spare one." Do you wish any aid, Naizen-san?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:45 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

Zanzen would return to the Crane tents after the conversation with Sozen. Well, time to pack anything not of use and then mentally prepare to deal with Ide Jiro and Kitsu Kyumi tomorrow, outside of the training grounds.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm
((Kyumi can resolve her unresolved subplot later, I guess...))

@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"I respectfully decline," Naizen would respond, turning his head only slightly. "After getting run through and then forced to leave within 24 hours, I'm simply trying to get as much rest as possible."

More to come momentarily!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:46 pm
@ Everyone:

One hour later...

Not long after the end of the tournament, each of you in turn would be approached by a servant of the magistrates. Each one had a message for you, each one identical:

"I beg your pardon, noble samurai; the Magistrates request your immediate presence in their building. Please accompany me, I will take you to them."

Assuming none of you declare you are too busy to see them (and let me know if you do!), the seven of you would be brought into a room with mats all set out for you on one side of the room. At the far side sat three individuals: Seppun Benjiro, Kuni Raicho, and Doji Kita. Kita didn't seem as cheerful as her normal self, but she seemed focused and was keeping her emotions in check.

If anyone declined on showing up, Raicho would be missing accordingly.

"Everyone, welcome. I'm glad you decided to accept our invitation. Please, sit." Benjiro would gesture towards the mats, waiting for all of you to accept his offer.

"I'm sure you're wondering why you seven are here," Benjiro would start to say.

"Truth be told..." Raicho would continue where he left off. "This tournament was simply a front for another purpose of ours. The invitations sent to your Clans was for them to send some of their newer samurai, that all showed promise; both now, in the present, and for the future. Every single one here was chosen for that purpose." Raicho went to add something else, then she seemed to decide against it.

"This tournament was our way of measuring your skills and abilities," Kita would say straightfaced. "We were seeing how well each of you could adapt to the various situations we invented for you. Some of you did well. Some of you did not, but that was in part to being overshadowed by the others. Victory wasn't what we were measuring, however; it was determination, courage, and wisdom. Traits that you seven show more than anyone else here - for your age and experience, of course."

"Kan, the monk, did win this tournament fair and square - and as such, we've worked out an accord with him ourselves. He did not meet the requirements that all of you have, however. What we had planned for you, is not meant for him. If any of you are wondering, he has been made aware of all this as well."

"Now, before any of you get your loinclothes in a bunch, don't concern yourselves with the apparent duplicity. If you had all known it was merely a test, that would have changed things. We were measuring raw talent, not young samurai showing off for their magistrates. It was necessary to choose the correct samurai."

"As all of you know, Rokugan has suffered greatly the past several decades. As a result of the Battle of Oblivion's Gate, a large influx of spiritual entities were released into our Empire. Most of which were the spirit armies of the Steel Chrysanthemum, which engaged our forces in a prolonged war that has left our resources drained."

"This is not only limited to Imperial and Clan armies, but to the magistrates as well. There is still a large number of Jade magistrates like ourselves left, but we are simply overworked. And you, my talented young samurai... this is where your story begins."

Benjiro would turn to Kita and nod his head; Kita would then turn and pick up a small box, about a foot long, and stand.

"As of right now, we are promoting each of you to the direct service of the Jade Champion, Kuni Utagu. This is a new position that has been invented, that's kind of... a preliminary magistrate status. Consider it 'practice' for the real deal. If this works out, each of you will qualify for actual magistrate status, probably within a few years."

"Now, you have the right to refuse this position," Kita would begin to explain, walking towards the lot of you. "If you do, you can simply return to the lands of your Clan and serve the Empire there. Once you accept, you will be bound in service to the Jade Champion, and must accomplish the tasks that will be set out before you. You will be working as a unit, but will answer to any magistrates, and will receive assignments from them." Doji Kita would open the wooden box she held before you, and seven green-tinted badges lay within.

"Those of you who are willing to accept the title of Jade Warden, please accept these badges and this responsibility with our deepest gratitude."

"Those who do not think you can handle the burden, you are excused."

"Make sure this choice is for you; there is no going back."

If anyone wants to leave this RP, this would be the time to do so by not accepting.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:58 pm
This was big... Working under THE Jade Champion?! But still, he wondered wh exactly were new recruits wanted... they could've chosen a few experienced ones with more ability than the actual Samurai in the room, but then again, the Kami work in mysterious ways! He stretched his hand, picking one of the green badges. He looked upon it closer, wondering where this would lead him. He had to admit, it was somewhat exciting!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:37 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

After chatting with Maru for a fair bit and letting Naizen rest, a servant approached and requested the Bayushi's presence. With Kojiro's recent problems, he thought it might not be wise to refuse a request at this time. The Scorpion bushi went with the servant at a slow, resigned pace... and was surprised to see six others there.

@The Magistrate Tent

Kojiro sat near the Naizen shaped patch in the wall and listened as the magistrates spoke. If Raicho-sama chose to brutalize him too, well....that would reduce the damage done to the building.

As Kojiro listened, he felt a great, burning hatred of Maru's rivalry with the Lioness right now. He would not have touched the waitress if he had not thought that she had overheard the Soshi's request.

Still, he had managed to compose himself and when the badges were offered, he would take one if he were not prevented from doing so. It could mean a chance to find Masamune and fulfill my oath to my son. I will take it and we shall see.  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 7 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:14 pm
The summons confused Denbe more than anything- he had done nothing wrong, and he was not the runner up to the championship. What reason would the magistrates have to summon him? But on the same token, who was he to refuse?

The Hare showed up as punctually as could be to the summons, following the messenger immediately back, as he had not even packing to finish with for the moment, and spared time only to pat his hands across his clothing and make sure he was as close to presentable as he could manage for the moment. And so, there he found himself kneeling with... odd company. Kojiro-san. The two Lion, and the Mantis he did not know. Zanzen, whom had just won Kan his victory. The Crab. What alarmed Denbe was that no matter how hard he stared at their collection and tried to make sense of those collected, he could not determine what they all had in common, why they would have been called.

Though he could not help but be complimented and start to realize it was no punitive measurements. Instead, they seemed more and more to curiously speak highly of them all. It became clear they'd all been chosen for some task, honor, or responsibility, but he did not know what, or see how the magistrates had come to the selections they did. There was too much he did not know.

And at what they said next, Denbe could not have been more elated, or nervous. It was almost too perfect. He had come to prove the worth of his clan to the empire, determined to serve but a youth somewhat bitter about the historical treatment of his clan. To prove that he and his family were truly deserving of being samurai, to cast away the stigma of his father's ronin beginnings. He also was forced to admit some taste for excitement and need to make a difference.

And now...

The fortunes may not have given him the championship, but they truly were behind him today, even if it so often seemed they were not.

The Hare walked forward, "Magistrates," and stopped half a step short. And bowed deeply.

"You do me too much honor. It is I who owe you gratitude. I accept this charge."

There was as much fire as humility, and wonder, in his eyes as Denbe took one badge and almost marveled at the thing in his hand, and what it meant.

[3k3 Intelligence: 14 to identify if the badges are made of jade.]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 7, 4 Total: 26 (4-40)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:15 pm
@ Magistrates...

"As much as my spirit protests... I shall accept... For what I wish to achieve I'll need to please my daimyo..." Stated Kagae reluctantly almost seemingly angry with himself. He reached out and picked up the badge with a shaking hand murmuring 'I'm going to regret this' then pulling out a finger of jade compared it to the badge.

"I won't say I am particularly pleased with this... For I am amongst strangers..."

(4k4 Intelligence roll to identify the material used in the badges. Result: 26 )  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:48 am
@ Magistrate Tent:

He spoke calmly after Kagae took his badge. "I will accept, but I must take care of something first. I had formally issued a duel challenge to Kitsu Kyumi before the Iaijutsu Duels, due to insults issued. And while the letter I had originally went there to look into is no longer of consequence, perhaps, I wish to settle this matter first."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:50 pm
Hisashi would quietly approach the box and take the badge with a low bow to his superiors.

"I am deeply honored. I will perform my duty to the full extent of my abilities and beyond."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff