Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
What's your next SCA event? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nekowaji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 am
I'm rather sad that there isn't anything going on near me right now. It's boring to have nothing to get into at the moment, but it does give me time to get my garb together, amongst other small things that my living quarters will need for a long event.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:45 pm
Anyone going to An Tir's June Faire?  

kirby_8934

Dapper Genius

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 am
I wish. I grew up in An Tir and miss their events.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 pm
Love An-Tir  

kirby_8934

Dapper Genius

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kiria Delusional Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:29 pm
Next event is... *checks calendar* West-An Tir War! Or An Tir-West, if you're from An Tir... stare xd

Which reminds me, I need to go pre-reg!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 am
I'm not going to make it to any events until I can have some sort of shelter to bring with me. I'm in the process of designing my own yurt, and when the design is satisfactory and the parts list complete, I'll go shopping and start making. I probably won't have a usable structure until next year's camping season. But when I do, boy will I be proud of it. I'll be posting pictures and all.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:32 pm
Lilies War for me! I'll be getting there Tuesday, and then staying the rest of the week.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:31 pm
Anyone going to Border Raids in two weeks? I'll be there ^.^  

ForumFox

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:47 pm
Dub Dub is coming up again, hurrah! As always Northshielders, look for me in the choir before saturday evening court! I will also be volunteering at Troll and Info Point, so if you spot me, say Hello! (hint: I look a lot like my avatar)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:52 pm
Hopefully a local Viking event in February, it will be my first event. ^^  

Aribella_Adrieanna

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:41 am
My next event -- and my first event in the last 15 years -- will be A Simple Day In The Country at Johnson County Park, just outside Edinburgh, Indiana. I hope some of you will be there. Look me up. I'll be the one who looks NOTHING like my Gaia avatar. wink

My tent:
I haven't seen it yet. I bought a modern tent, but it turned out to be 60 pounds heavy and a real pain in the tachat to set up. I returned it. Now I'll be borrowing a tent from my flatmate's co-worker. I hear it's able to sleep 7-8 people, but I suspect that means that it can comfortably house 2-3 at most. By that, I mean that you could probably fit 7-8 sleeping bags in there if you had to, but if you want to bring in your gear too, you could really only fit 4-5 people. If it rains and you want to stay inside, only 2-3 people could really spend time in there without getting crowded and antsy.

My garb:
I haven't made it yet. However, I did find a salwar kameez at the Salvation Army for $7.50. It fits my flatmate, so she'll be wearing it. It's green. I've got a bright pink tunic, the color you get when you soak fabric in beet juice and vinegar for a few days, and a dark blue skirt, so I'll probably be wearing those for at least part of the time.

My campfire:
I can't yet go all out, building or buying a really Period (or Period-looking) brazier/firebowl, so I did the next best thing. I bought a Kingsford charcoal grill on sale for $19 at the Home Depot, so I'll be using that.

My food:
Nothing fancy, this first time. There will probably be a batch of chicken soup with rice, or else a chicken biryani; definitely some pita and grape juice for Friday night and Saturday noon (I may be baking the bread actually within camp); some fresh fruit; possibly some granola, which we'll eat with fruit juice or soy milk.

My feast gear:
I found some wooden bowls for $8 each on sale, some Bambu plates and silverware for $9/package, and I'm still looking for wooden cups to go with it all. However, I want to save the wooden gear for food that's neither meat nor dairy, so I may just bring my Corelle from home and eat discreetly. I'm also going to be looking for some metal feast gear eventually for using with meats.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:27 pm
Great Northeastern War on Saturday.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Possibly Festival of the Rose tomorrow (Caid)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:32 am
Not really sure. I'd liek to go to several coming up in the next few months. Havoc in Hastings, Battle of the Inland Seas, and Vikings Come Home all sound interesting but I'll be lucky to make it to even one of them.  

Out to the Black

PhoenixFirecat

6,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:49 pm
I just got back (well, yesterday) from Ansteorra's 30th anniversary and Crown Tournament, and was helping cook omelets the entire time. Still a lot of fun though, despite the crazy heat.

My next event will probably be Bjornsburg's Legacy of Lions in October.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff