Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am
Well, I have now discovered an amazing new way to prevent lag in games like Paint Splat. Use Firefox and install Adblock Plus if you don't already have it. Then use this filter:
http://*.cdn.gaiaonline.com/dress-up/avatar/ava/*/*/*_strip.png*

You will still see the names and shadows in towns, but not the avis. In the case of Paint Splat, you will still see the imp and star. Of course, with Adblock Plus it's easy to enable a filter when you want it and disable it again when you don't. So this won't have any permanent affect on your Gaia world.

Unfortunately it's too late now to find that out, but maybe it'll help some of us in the future. I stayed up all night frustrating myself beyond belief to get a 20 on this account, and I still have another Durem account I want a 20 on but it's impossible to get because there simply aren't enough non-Durem players no matter how reduced the lag is. If I had known this trick days ago, I might have managed another 20.

I can't believe they released a fix for the Paint Splat game (Free for all) to make the game even easier for Barton, Aekea, and Gambino teams (who could already get 20's on the first try), which doesn't work for Durem... the only team that needed the fix! wth? stare  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:17 am
YAYZ! I finally got my 20 in paint splat! Still waiting on my achievement to arrive, but w00t... I'm an Olympian!

*EDIT: Wow, and what timing too! Next time I went into the town I tried to go into the Frog Lick game to rack up some more points, and the game disappeared just before I got there (due to the event ending). I made my achievement just in the nick of time!  

Ned-kun

Distinct Perfectionist

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 am
Oh, looks like the event's over now...

CONGRATULATIONS, TEAM DUREM! sweatdrop

Guess we gotta wait for the announcements (results) and the trophies now?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm
Ned-san

CONGRATULATIONS, TEAM DUREM! sweatdrop

*ahem* That would be Team Aekea...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We glow 'cause we're from outer-space.  

Neddog

Distinct Perfectionist

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out