Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((OoC/Dice rolls)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 pm
Well, what do youeally want to play? I mean we need a healer. That be the end of the story there. But there are a million different ways to play a character that specializes in healing.

Just ask me anything man. I am probably one of the most relaxed DMs evah.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:54 pm
Also, two things.

One: THEY PUT PSIONICS ON THE SRD! I AM SO HAPPY!

Two: I forgot what two was. Still focused on the first one!  

Jacior

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 pm
Jacior
Well, what do youeally want to play? I mean we need a healer. That be the end of the story there. But there are a million different ways to play a character that specializes in healing.

Just ask me anything man. I am probably one of the most relaxed DMs evah.

I'm not really sure, is the thing. It sorta depends on my options and what starts really meshing for me when I start building. I mean, if I know that my options are basically cleric, oracle, and maybe alchemist or inquisitor, then that changes how I may approach everything versus if the healer is also available. I may not play the healer, but knowing it's there gives me a different set of options to weigh when determining what I want to do. It also may depend on my stats...  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 18 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 2, 6, 6, 2, 3 Total: 67 (18-108)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:09 pm
And I should probably do the stat generation, now that I think about it...

Edit: s**t yeah! 18, 18, 15, 15, 13, 12.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:17 pm
My rule is if you want it, run it by me. Most likely I will say yes.

To help make this run fasta, do you have an MSN, Yahoo or Skype? I am sure we could make this less slow of a process.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm
Hmm... it does occur to me that, in the interest of full disclosure, I will be going on vacation and likely away from my computer starting on Saturday, and I'm not sure I'd be able to get a character built tonight or tomorrow evening (though maybe I will). I'll have intermittent net access while away, so it might hold things up a bit. I'd love to go ahead and build a charri, but it might not be the best timing. I'd leave that up to you to decide.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:11 pm
I'd say go for it. I'll look for another character just in case we reach the point I wanted to introduce you, just so we can keep going. Though if that happens it will likely be a healer of some sort.

But it does mean you'll have a spot in the game for when you come back. And if we already have a healer and you want to do something different, ((Like a psionic character. I <3 Psionics)) than you would still be able to join up if you still wanted.  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:28 pm
I have Knowledge(dungeoneering) +7. Would that tell me about tunnels beneath the city and the ones that is best to use for escaping?

Probably not with a 10. But the question still stands.

Also, DoS and I will also be on vacation next week with little to no internet access. (His mom lives out in the country....) We'll be on if we can, but we'll be unlikely to post very much.  

jennibert

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm
Knowledge (dungeoneering): You know there are tunnels, you know that there is at least one that leads out of the city, but you don't know where any access points are, or how to navigate the tunnel systems.

Well, I doubt much will get done in a week. If you leave me with a post and standing orders on how to operate your characters should it come up, I think it will be fine.

So, no worries for those on vacation. I understand, let me tell yah.

Also, do you and DoS have opinions on how things are going so far? Anything you want in the future? SOmething I need to work on now? Ideas for plotlines you might want to do, personal quests that might need to be done. Anything at all? This is like my second tie DMing (First online) So all the feedback/criticism you cre to give i apreciated. I promise not to let my personal feeling about what you sa influence the game. ((Though, there might be a few more rock to trick over. XP))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 pm
The last fight felt... kinda crazy, really. I dunno if it was mostly for dramatic effect, but it certainly feels like we're basically screwed and swimming upstream against our own inevitable defeat. Part of that is likely due to the number of PCs who dropped out leading to severe "casualties" as they were removed narratively, but it was just sort of crazy. I don't expect it all to go like that, though.

I will say, I didn't realize that the monster attacks et al were happening anywhere but where we were. I got the impression the whole horrible mess was pretty much localized to us, rather than being widespread.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 pm
Well, honestly, I didn't expect it to go like that either. Really, when it came down to it, I kind of hoped the fight were to have been more of a cake-walk. But I had intended for this to be a fairly dark game. This wasn't intended as a heroes come in, smash the bad guys, save the day kind of thing. ((Though, if we get far enough that is exactly what should happen)).

I admit, I might be going a little rough. This is my second time DMing and this group actually takes the game with more than a modicum of seriousness.

Frankly, I enjoyed how this played out as it did anyway. I think it helps set the tone of the campaign in a very dramatic way. And if nothing, I love the dramatic. A well thought out scene can change everything.

As for the most part. Hopefully rolls won't be such crap and the fights shall be easier. But in terms of actual combat, excluding a bit here or there, this is going to quiet down for a bit. Traps, mysterious figure, social events, and the such are going to take a bigger priority. I don't think everyone wants a basically combat by combat game, do they?

I mean, if that be what you are looking for, I can certainly make changes to my plans if you like. I won't wipe everything non-combat, but it will take much less of a seat.

Concerning the city. I did not intend for anyone to realize the rest of the city was under attack until after combat. I wanted the focus here andnot on what else could be going on. That's why right now, everyone is relatively safe.

Dimitri has requested that I let him perform last rites. I feel I should tell people that last rites, at least on this continent, are an important matter. Those not given their last rights have a significant chance to rise as an undead horror. Which frankly, will be very unpleasant. Burial is not a necessity, but most people do it after the rites anyway.

I would like to mention that Lamont's family is still a factor. I am not removing them, simply because I would like to see how everyone reacts having to bring an unconcious woman and her children with them on their escape. And because I believe it to be just cruel to remove them, they just lost their father.

If anyone would like to take them to roleplay, speak now. If not, then I shall continue with them as I have planned.

If anyone has anything they want to say, ask or do, please don't be afraid to speak.

For the most part, the world is a sandbox. So anyone who has an idea of where you'd like to escape to, talk to me! I'd be glad to give the world another place of interest. Its easily four times the size of earth, so there be lots of land to cover.

I'd like to say again, that this introduction was not intended to be happy. I wanted you guys out in a broken way. Like those movies where to see refugees escaping from their burning town/city/home/etc. It will get better, but for now it is rather dark.

I should mention that good RP does earn bonus exp. And very good RP can land better rewards.

This is a wall of text post, but I would appreciate it if you would read it thoroughly. Maybe twice to make sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:53 pm
For those who asked. Yes, I do use a lot of Latin for my characters, but it's not always the case. I've had characters in the past use Italian, German, and the phonetic form of Cantonese or Mandrin. It just so happened that Latin felt more earthy for Demitry.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:52 pm
Looted from Tabitha: 1 backpack and all contents therein, 2 belt pouches and all content therein, 1 dagger, and magic gloves.

Looted from Lamont: 1 masterwork backpack and all contents therein, 1 adamantine swordbreaker dagger, and a heavy crossbow +10 bolts.

Looted from wizard: robes and amulet shaped like a scorpion  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 3 8-sided dice: 6, 6, 6 Total: 18 (3-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 pm
Rolling HP... I'm somewhat coming along with my Oracle, but he's not perfectly done yet. I've got the skills in my Word document that I put together while I was off the grid, but I haven't had the chance to modify the character sheet to accommodate PF's skills list yet.

About the ITEM thing you mentioned in the original. If I still get to select one, what I'd like to have is an extra Oracle Revelation from the Metal Oracle - specifically the Armor Mastery revelation.
PFSRD
Armor Mastery (Ex): You become more maneuverable while wearing armor. You can move at your normal speed in medium armor that is made of metal. This does not grant proficiency in armor. At 5th level, whenever you are wearing metal armor, you reduce the armor check penalty by 1 (to a minimum of 0) and increase the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by your armor by 1. At 10th level, and again at 15th level, these bonuses increase by 1.

I'd also like a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength as a floating bonus or an Inherent bonus instead. Or, if that wouldn't work quite as well, maybe just a free pair of Gauntlets of Strength +2 (or Belt of Strength +2 with PF's weird slot mechanic reworking...).

I'm not sure if that's too much, not enough, or what.

The character sheet, as of right now, is here, btw.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Jacior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:38 pm
I want to say no to the gloves of strength, but the first thing you picked seems so weak that I am going to allow it.

Not a very healerish oriented ITEM to pick though.

Also, why no posting? I know laertes could have, and I think maybe DoS and JB are back from vacation (Don't quote me on that, I am not sure).  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff