Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Survivors (3.5/3rd Custom) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Wait a minute, I just looked at the Dungeon Master's guide, and realized: You can trade other slots for similar items! Your bracers could get the abilities of the necklace of natural weapons, and thus gain the +5 bonus you wanted. Same price, too.

You good with that?

Well give me the price quote and Ill add it to my list.

Well, the base cost for a two-weapon necklace would be 1200, in addition to the enhancement bonus cost, which is around 50k. In addition, the money for the bonus gets multiplied by 2, so your cost is roughly... 101200g.

So with those calculation I could only truly get a +3 one with 50k? At a costs of around 38k?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:28 pm
Hmm... It's technically for Pathfinder, but I'd say it's in line with the 3.5 stuff that should have existed. There's always Brass Knuckles, which you could make masterwork and get enchanted.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:31 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Hmm... It's technically for Pathfinder, but I'd say it's in line with the 3.5 stuff that should have existed. There's always Brass Knuckles, which you could make masterwork and get enchanted.

No because my slam attack is essential to my class feature and brass knuckles removes the touching feature I need.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm
Way too much of a headache...
Consider me dropped for interest  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:55 pm
Mongooseh
Disciple of Sakura

No because my slam attack is essential to my class feature and brass knuckles removes the touching feature I need.

D'oh! Sorry. My brain forgot you were working on slams and was thinking unarmed strikes, a la monk. Durrhhh. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:57 pm
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Wait a minute, I just looked at the Dungeon Master's guide, and realized: You can trade other slots for similar items! Your bracers could get the abilities of the necklace of natural weapons, and thus gain the +5 bonus you wanted. Same price, too.

You good with that?

Well, the base cost for a two-weapon necklace would be 1200, in addition to the enhancement bonus cost, which is around 50k. In addition, the money for the bonus gets multiplied by 2, so your cost is roughly... 101200g.

So with those calculation I could only truly get a +3 one with 50k? At a costs of around 38k?

Well, we multiply standard gold (which is 260k for 16th level characters) by 1.5, so you have about 390000 gold to spend on everything, giving you a total of 288000 to spend on other stuff. We have lots of gold.  

Slave Xaccheus

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:00 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon

You good with that?

Well, we multiply standard gold (which is 260k for 16th level characters) by 1.5, so you have about 390000 gold to spend on everything, giving you a total of 288000 to spend on other stuff. We have lots of gold.

No i've already bought this stuff
Heavy fortification +5 armour
+5 shield
Ring of protection +5
Amulet of natural armour +4
Mantle of spell resistance
I am just now trying to obtain some attack and magic damage to get past dr.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon

You good with that?

No i've already bought this stuff
Heavy fortification +5 armour
+5 shield
Ring of protection +5
Amulet of natural armour +4
Mantle of spell resistance
I am just now trying to obtain some attack and magic damage to get past dr.

You could've just gone with improved fortification feat for the armor. That does the same thing, and it's not suppressed in antimagic areas. As for the other stuff, that STILL gives you 2609000 gold. I'd wager you can go crazy with added bonuses like enchanted armor spikes, and a few mundane additions to both your weapons AND your armor. I'll allow stuff to be worked in. Ever see a Warforged with armor that can eject alchemical substances onto his spikes, cut through nets with his armor, and even shoot a wand into his hand or use hidden blades in his wrists (which can also be enchanted)?  

Slave Xaccheus

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:22 pm
There'd be no point to the improved fortification feat as a warforged juggernaut I eventually get it anyway.

To the rest of the post. Wut?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:34 pm
Mongooseh
There'd be no point to the improved fortification feat as a warforged juggernaut I eventually get it anyway.

To the rest of the post. Wut?

Okay, then you don't need heavy fortification armor. I looked up the other stuff you listed and did the math. You've still got gold for other stuff.

The abilities I'm talking about were enchanted armor spikes (which can be even better since you want to get rid of your cash), Oil Chambers for your armor and Spikes (which allow any substance loaded into the chamber to be sprayed all over the weapon/armor with the usual effects). The net-cutting armor is called Net-Cutter spikes, which give a +4 bonus to escape from entangling effects, the wand stuff is from a nifty little feature called a Wand Chamber, which holds a wand that's treated as "readied". But, that's useless to you, since you can't use wands. The hidden blades are called Close-Fighting blades; treated as daggers that extend from the hilt or pommel of a weapon. When it's out, the blade and the weapon both take -2 penalties on attack rolls. For your case, I'm allowing it to extend from your wrists and be treated as part of your armor spikes. These can also be enchanted.  

Slave Xaccheus

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:59 pm
Oil chambers sound nice. I already have spikes which are retractable as a wfj class feature. Most entanglement things aren't going to be holding me down at this level anyways so net cutter can either be a slight investment or not. Wand chamber as you sadi useless to me. Hidden blades not needed seeing as I my main weapon is my slam and no one can take that from me.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:15 pm
Mongooseh
Oil chambers sound nice. I already have spikes which are retractable as a wfj class feature. Most entanglement things aren't going to be holding me down at this level anyways so net cutter can either be a slight investment or not. Wand chamber as you sadi useless to me. Hidden blades not needed seeing as I my main weapon is my slam and no one can take that from me.

Well, it's nice to have those, since you can get more bang for the buck. You can enchant them to be throwing weapons, and effectively launch a blade nobody even saw coming at a guy's face, negating the penalty for having it out save for that one attack.  

Slave Xaccheus

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:17 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh

Well, it's nice to have those, since you can get more bang for the buck. You can enchant them to be throwing weapons, and effectively launch a blade nobody even saw coming at a guy's face, negating the penalty for having it out save for that one attack.

Might aswell get the rocket fist attachment which is popular.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm
look, it's called the Necklace of Natural weapons. it costs 600, then can be enchanted like a normal weapon to affect 1 natural weapon. Since this can come as a different thing, you could make it a bracelet or some other slot.

Also, you took Unarmored Body?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:27 pm
Raganui Minamoto
look, it's called the Necklace of Natural weapons. it costs 600, then can be enchanted like a normal weapon to affect 1 natural weapon. Since this can come as a different thing, you could make it a bracelet or some other slot.

Also, you took Unarmored Body?

No adamantine body.
Edit: Also this is what I wanted. Why does everyone think I'm a monk also...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff