Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:57 pm
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9-10-11-12-13
A 0--0----------------------0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0--P-----K------------0--0--0--0---0----- 0 = The City Walls
C 0--0------------------Ge-0--0--0--0---0----
D------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------
F--------------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------------
H-----------Gr-D-H----------------S--C------- 5,11
I------------------------------------------------
J------------------------------------------------
K------------------------------------------------
L-------------------------------------------------
M-------------------------------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Grashuk: 24hp, sword shedding dim light
2. Hars: 16hp, marking Dregthuk, bloodied
3. Pelloth: concealed, +2 to defenses
4. Skar: 68 damage, oathed by Cain, action point expended, bloodied
5. Gerash: Initiative
6. Dregthuk: 98 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, action point expended, bloodied
7. Cain: 32hp, -2 to attack rolls, Oath'ing Skar
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 97 damage, weakened, action point expended, bloodied

Two of the thugs managed to flee. Their pitiful lives have been allowed to continue. But for the human near Grashuk, his life was taken from his as quick as the Bugbear could strike. After taken the life of the human, Grashuk turned on the thugs boss. But a combination of Dregthuks nimble footwork and Grashuks bad luck caused the warlord to miss.

Trying to succeed where is ally had failed, Hars ignored the fleeing tiefling to concentrate on the 'Lord'. He let loose twin strikes of his swords, they both however missed, one clattering off the hobgoblins sword and one didn't even reach its target, getting stuck on its own bloody scabbard...

Dregthuk let out a loud laugh, even as blood trickled down the side of his battered face, "The two of you have me to yourselves and still you can't hit me!"

Unlike the melee combatants attacking Dregthuk, Pelloth had more luck with his crazy gnoll. After walking past the enemy ethereally, the drow let off a blast of Eldritch energy, which hit Karz square in the back and caused him to spin around, spit foaming out of his mouth in fury.

Deciding to just attack the Kenku, Skar re-drew his Khopesh and slashed at Cain's face. He connected, and sent some feathers flying with a spattering of blood. Cain also felt pain flooding into him, causing his muscles to seize up.

Gerash may go!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm
Looking to Karz and the drow, Gerash considers continuing his torment of the berserker, but then remembered Pelloth's threat earlier. "I'd hate to get in his way," the necromancer remarked, mostly to himself, as he turned to the surrounded hobgoblin that had started this all. Tightening his grasp on his orb, shards of force sprang into existence around Dregthuk. If Hars and Grashuk couldn't take him down without any assistance, magic might oblige. The magic shards were too scattered to strike initially, but they began to whirl around the arrogant warrior, ensuring that he couldn't avoid them indefinitely.

((cloud of daggers dregthuk, 10 vs. reflex. boo.
3 force damage to anyone who starts in that square or enters it))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 pm
B 0--0--P-----K------------0--0--0--0---0----- 0 = The City Walls

Initiative Order
3. Pelloth: concealed, +2 to defenses
4. Skar: 68 damage, oathed by Cain, action point expended, bloodied
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: 101 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, action point expended, bloodied
7. Cain: 32hp, -2 to attack rolls, Oath'ing Skar Initiative
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 97 damage, weakened, action point expended, bloodied

Gerash's attack may not have harmed Dregthuk straight away, but now they caused....3 damage!!! "You'll have to do better than that you corpse!" Dregthuk then smelt the fresh blood leaking from Hars' skin. He looked hungrily at the doppelganer before striking with his longsword. The steel narrowly missed cutting the female Hars deep. That would have been bad if it hit! Drethuk snarled, before once again defending furiously against attacks from both sides.

Cain may go!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:19 pm
The Mage could fight! Who knew!

Cain would have loved this fact if it wasn't for the pain in his face. He'd make him pay for that one...

Quote:
Standard:
Bond of Pursuit vs Skar:
+7 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh, -2?]vsAC=16/22
1d10+6=10 damage and if Skar doesn't end his turn adjacent to me I can shift 4 squares as a free action closer to the target.

[[I literally have nothing to do with my minors... =/ This is odd for me. Also is the -2 till the end of encounter/his next turn/save ends?]]

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:46 am
B 0--0--P--K---------------0--0--0--0---0----- 0 = The City Walls

Initiative Order
3. Pelloth: -7hp, +2 to defenses, DYING
4. Skar: 78 damage, oathed by Cain, action point expended, bloodied
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: 101 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, action point expended, bloodied
7. Cain: 32hp, Oath'ing Skar Initiative
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 97 damage, action point expended, bloodied

Skar takes the hit from the Kenku, his blood continuing to decorate Cain's sword. ((The -2 was only for your next attack roll, sorry I didn't specify))

Karz felt his strength now returning to him. But his back was in pain...that didn't matter. Once again charging at Pelloth he tried to pierce and rip the dark flesh off of the drows face, chest, arms anywhere and everywhere.

((OMG, my rolls, were....amazing...))

Fueled by his absolute fury and rage, Karz digs his nails and teeth right into Pelloths flesh. The drow feels pain like never before as blood sprays from his own body onto Karz's face...and it doesn't stop there, the gnoll is like a a starving prisoner digging into his first taste of meat for weeks. The attack, overall deals...46 damage, Pelloth is down!

As Karz stands over Pelloth's ravaged body licking his hands ravenously, Dregthuk shouts, "At a boy Karz!"

Grashuk, Hars, and Pelloth, off you go! ((If only you still had heals Grashuk))  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 am
((Dammit! And I'm not trained in healing, so I can't try to stabilize him! gonk ))

A cry came to him on the wind. Looking North, he saw the bloodcrazed Gnoll from before. But this time he was standing over another one of his comrades in arms, licking the blood from his claws. Pelloth was laying on the ground, blood pooling in the grass.

Whipping around to see what forces he might have at his disposal, his eyes centered on Gerash. "Gerash! Kill that mangy son of a b***h! I haven't lost an ally yet, and I don't intend to start today!"

Then his eyes fell on Dregthuk's back, and he thought he saw an opening, albeit fleeting. "You shall not grasp victory from the jaws of defeat this day! I personally gaurantee that by this time of the morrow, your skull will be bleaching in the sun, perched on its own personal pike!"

After reciting his threat, Grashuk lifted his b*****d sword high over his head, and slashed diagonally, attempting to cleave the Hobgoblin in twain.

Quote:
Standard Action: Steel Monsoon on Dregthuk.
21 vs. AC.
15 damage, and 3 allies within 5 squares of me can shift 1 square (Hars and Gerash).
Move Action: 5 North to C5 if Dregthuk dies, stay where I am if he doesn't.

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 am
((I'll wait until Hars has gone to properly update, just to say, that you attack hits, but does not kill Dregthuk))  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 am
As Karz charges again, Pelloth can see that he has regained his original strength. Instead of relying solely on his insubstantiability to save him, he releases the aura of darkness that surrounded him into the gnoll.

Quote:
Immediate Interrupt: Darkspiral Aura does 10 psychic and necrotic dmg.

((if that doesn't down him i'll make the death save))  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:46 pm
Vorastrix
As Karz charges again, Pelloth can see that he has regained his original strength. Instead of relying solely on his insubstantiability to save him, he releases the aura of darkness that surrounded him into the gnoll.

Quote:
Immediate Interrupt: Darkspiral Aura does 10 psychic and necrotic dmg.

((if that doesn't down him i'll make the death save))

Again I'm going to wait until Hars goes to redo the map and stuff but...

As Karz charges at Pelloth, the drow thinks quick. He activates his powerful dark aura, which hits the gnoll dealing 10 damage...((That does enough to down him!....Although, Karz has this awesome power which when he first drops to 0 hit points...he regains 5!!! Yay for the DM! Oh, and he gets another action point twisted ))

As Karz looks like he is about to drop, he has a resurgance of fury! And he attacks the drow, despite the fact that he should be dead!

((Pelloth, make your save)) Hars may go!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:05 pm
With teammates dropping, Hars had to finish the hobgoblin quickly. She lashes out again with both blades, hoping Avandra isn't taking a squat over her this time around.((Dual Strike @32 vs AC, 9 damage, and 19 vs AC.)) Her oathblade lays another cut along Dregthuk's flesh.
((maintaining the flank, so no move or minor, Dregthuk's marked))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:41 am
H-----------Gr-D-H-------------S--C-------- 5,10

Initiative Order
5. Gerash: Initiative
6. Dregthuk: 125 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, action point expended, bloodied
7. Cain: 25hp, Oath'ing Skar, ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 101 damage, action point expended but has a 2nd one, bloodied

Dregthuk was starting to find it harder to keep two swordsman at bay. This slight advantage allowed Grashuk to just about squeeze his blade in an opening, drawing more blood from the hobgoblin who also lets out a pained grunt. Grashuk was now thinking, how the ******** is this guy still standing?! And so he decided to re-organize his troops and stay where he was.

Hars is concentrating solely on Dregthuk, pretty much ignoring the fact that her drow ally had just been torn to pieces by Karz. She attacked with both her blades in consort, as usual, using Grashuks good hit to make herself an opening. She hits once and gets a spattering of Dregthuks blood for her troubles. Dregthuk is looking incredibly worse for wear...not much more now!

((Pelloth needs to make a death save here))

Skar decided to approach his duel with Cain from a different direction. He stepped backwards and drew his symbol with his left hand. Quickly, before the bird chased him down, Skar whispered his curse for what might be his last time. And he made it count! CRITICAL HIT! oh...its only 7 damage, but Cain also feels the feathery flesh on his face begin to peel. Despite the pain, Cain chases after Skar relentlessly.

Gerash may go!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 am
Gerash curls his lip in a scowl as Pelloth falls to the gnoll's fury, unable to ward him off even with a burst of formidable arcane power. "Useless" he remarks as Grashuk barks at the wizard to clean up the drow's mess. He tightens his grip on his orb, eyeing the shards of force still whirling around Dregthuk which refuse to fade just yet. Then, raising the implement to point at Karz's back he launches a bolt of ghostly white force at the gnoll, a bit disappointed he couldn't drag this out a bit longer.

((Magic missile Karz, 27 vs. ref, 9 damage.
Orb of imposition to keep the cloud on dregthuk for another turn. three more damage at the start of his turn, that'll learn you not to get out of flanks!))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:59 am
There is no change in Pelloth, for worse or better.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:07 am
H-----------Gr----H-------------S--C--------

Initiative Order
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: 125 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, action point expended, bloodied
7. Cain: 25hp, Oath'ing Skar, ongoing 5 damage (save ends) Initiative
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 101 damage, action point expended but has a 2nd one, bloodied

Gerash launches his magic missile toward Karz. It hits! Smacking into his back...he seems to completely ignore it. It definitely connected, and would've caused pain to any other person or beast you have come across, but Karz, so caught up in his fury, shrugs off the whole thing! He then turns around, and you see dark blood dripping from his mouth and small bits of drow flesh stuck between his teeth. He glares at you for a second, before letting out a loud battle scream and preparing to charge at you.

Hars and Grashuk, still battling with Dregthuk seem to be in a stalemate. Both sides cancelling each other out, or both dealing wounds. And then, yay Gerash deals another...3 damage...scary! har har...oh wait. Dregthuk looks down as a small dagger of force flies toward his chest and impales him in the heart. As the hobgoblins falls to his knees, a loud squelch as he hits the soggy ground, he says, *Cough*, "My last words...better make them count." He looks up at Grashuk and Hars, and then at Cain, Gerash, and the unconcious Pelloth and says, "You guys...are...cunts." His face then smashes into the ground and a large pool of blood begins to form. ((Well Done!))

Cain may go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 pm
((I'm gonna activate dark reaping in response to dregthuk's untimely demise. my next hit deals an additional 1d8 + 1 necrotic damage))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff