Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:05 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Mantis Shenanigans:

"We can't-!" Gemmei started to respond, before quieting herself down. "We can't just go around killing other samurai. We'll be executed ourselves! Either the command must come from her own lord, or magistrates in service of the Emperor can do so if for a good cause."

"With the exception of exceptional individuals, like Toturi himself, one person cannot change an entire empire. She's dangerous, but not that dangerous, Hisashi-san."

"You misunderstand me, Gemmei-san. I have no intention of becoming a murderer myself - even if I were a Bushi, I would kill in only self-defense or by an order. I simply mean that if her actions are tied back to us for the worse, I would rather wash my hands of it sooner rather than later. I'd rather someone else deal with her if it must be by force, but as you may recall I said that at the first sign of trouble I wouldn't sit around and continue to put my neck out for her. I'm only in this because I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and found Kojiro at Sayoko's tent. The rest, of course, is history."

He would glance sternly at the shugenja. He was telling the truth, but perhaps his wording was not quite how he intended. He was just frustrated, honestly.

"As far as the empire is concerned... a single pebble break a dam if enough water is behind it. I'd rather not let the pebble get the chance to find her river. However, I can see that you do not necessarily agree. So what then do you suggest if turning her in is not your preferred course of action?"

He would continue to look at her and, while attempting to remain calm, he would show that he wasn't happy with the current situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:21 pm
@ Mantis Shenanigans:

As Sozen and Kagae would be beginning their duel, Gemmei would look uncertain, but nod. "No, you're right. The magistrates are the way to go, I think. I wanted to try to help her but... she might just be out of my reach to help..." There would be a twinge of sadness in her voice.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 2, 7 Total: 22 (7-70)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:36 pm
Hisashi would look at Gemmei and nod. "After the event, we should approach... well, perhaps not Benjiro, what with the mood he must be in after Kojiro's actions. But we need to get one of the magistrates and come clean to them. I don't know if Doji Kita is in any condition to speak with, but the third magistrate... perhaps that would be the best option. We... might want to have a reason as to why we didn't tell them this sooner, and we're probably going to be in a lot of trouble as is unless you want to risk lying to the higher ups."

Spoiler alert: Hisashi didn't.

"I still, however, strongly advocate just dealing with this as honestly and forward as possible. There've been enough "incidents" during this tournament. And the longer we wait, the more time Sayoko has of doing more damage, whatever that is."

He would bow slightly and try and comfort her. "I am truly sorry, Gemmei. Your heart was in the right place, but sometimes that isn't enough to solve a problem. I certainly am still learning that..."

It... wasn't much, and he still felt like she wasn't telling him everything and dragging him around on a chain, but if she was being genuine, he would rather calm her down with sincerity if possible instead of letting her go into this all wound up.

(Etiquitte [Sincerity] 4k3 vs Gemmei)
(Extra dice for explosions)
(Total: 9)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 am
@Iaijutsu Duel:

Once again standing in the dueling area Kagae presented his katana and bowed before returning it to its position in his obi.

"It's kind of hard to be ingenious in a fight with such strict rules. If it were an anything goes duel I for one would not be standing right in front of you within swords reach..."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 am
@ Iaijutsu Duels:

Mirumoto Sozen stopped, and thought about that for a few moments. Before laughing quite loudly.

"W-what? You mean, like, with siege weaponry? I hope not! I'm not sure if that passes for recreation within the Kaiu, but even a lunatic would not be crazy enough to sink to such honorless

"If you two do not get started RIGHT NOW," Kuni Raicho started, "Then I will take your swords from you and run each of you through my own damned self. Doubly so for you, Mr. Mirumoto." Raicho would cross her arms over her chest, staring menacingly at the two.

"Right, right." Sozen turned and entered a dueling stance, and began to eye up Kagae.

Assessment

Sozen raises twice, eager to learn what he can about the Kaiu.

Sozen raises twice, 17 vs TN 15. He chooses to learn Kagae's ranks in Iaijutsu, remaining void points, and Awareness.  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am
@Iaijutsu Duels:

"Hmph..."

Kagae lined himself up with mirumoto and grasped his sword as he begun to also eye up his opponent.

(2k2 iaijutsu vs TN5 to learn mirumoto's iaijutsu duel ranks. Chose reflexes for sozen)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am
@ Iaijutsu Duel:

Focus

Sozen chooses for Kagae to focus using his Reflexes as well.

Sozen nods to Kagae, allowing him first Focus.  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am
@Iaijutsu Duels:

Setting himself into a stance Kagae places his feet wide and grabs hold of his katana staring at Sozen as is the procedure.

(2k2 iaijutsu vs tn 5 Result: 4 )

CALL STRIKE  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 am
@ Crane Shenanigans:

As Zanzen told the wandering, low-perception Daidoji to get some guards, the young samurai would immediately run to the Crane tent to see how... oh. Oh dear. Willpower roll of 11 vs TN 10

Swallowing hard, he would back out of the tent, then run off in a different direction, pale as a ghost.

Zanzen would rush as fast as he can, pumping his arms as he zoomed towards the dueling area... but not quick enough to prevent the end of the current match between Dragon and Crab - the quickest one yet.

--------------------

Mantis Shenanigans:

Gemmei would shift awkwardly as she didn't seem terribly moved by Hisashi's words. "R-right. I'll... go approach the magistrates then. Though I still don't think we did anything wrong prior to today; there was no sign of premeditation to whatever she did to that guard, or whomever. Enough samurai families have their own quirks as to not justify 'unorthodox thinking' as a capital offense..."

Shinjo Gemmei would nod and begin making her way towards the magistrates.

--------------------

@ Iaijustu Duel:

Strike!

Sozen would smile as Kagae went to go for his sword rather clumsily, and seemed to be struggling with it as if it was peacebound. He would carefully and cleanly draw his own katana, and...

3 raises for called shot to the head: 44 vs TN 20

... lightly tapped the sharp edge against the crown of Kagae's head, as if merely practicing a kata.

0 damage

"It's not first blood, but I think my point is proven," Sozen confidently claimed, smiling.

Kagae, you still have the option of striking back! You may or may not be insulted by this act.  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:03 am
@Iaijutsu duels:

"Don't insult me in such a way Sozen." Sneered Kagae as his hand shot up and grabbed the katana's blade. Wrenching it away and down shot pain through his arm as it lacerated his palm. Releasing the blade he shook his wounded handed sending blood to the floor.

"There's your first blood."

Pretending not to notice the excruciating pain in his hand Kagae walked off the dueling arena.

(2k2 damage: 5 damage Kagae is nicked.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 am
Kaiu Kagae, gain 2 points of honor for acknowledging a superior opponent, and 1 point of honor for enduring an insult to yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

Not even stopping once he got there, he would push his way towards the Magistrates. If stopped by guards, he would tell them that he had news that was too important to wait. If pressed, he'd give the guard the message that Koan was dead, slaughtered in the Crane tent, to give to the magistrates, and that the only person he knew of between the time he saw Koan alive last and when he went to tell the man of his current standing in the tournament and to check up on him that was there was Sayoko.

If he was allowed to speak to the magistrates, he'd tell them this directly.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:52 pm
Any Daidoji guards are probably one double-move-action away, not crowded around the magistrates like they were critical diplomats. They wouldn't be magistrates if they couldn't take care of themselves. Zanzen can get there directly with a few rude shoves.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm
@Crane Shenanigans:

With a few rude shoves and muttered apologies for them, he arrived at the Kuni Raicho and Seppun Benjiro. Bowing his head in deference, he spoke calmly. "Pardon my interruption, but there is problem. Koan-san is deceased. I went to inform him of his standings and check up on him due to how bad he appeared this morning and found him dead. The only person I know in the tents between when I last saw him alive this morn and then was Sayoko." He looked at them, waiting for the standard Raicho response of 'KUNI SMASH!'  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:51 pm
@ Iaijutsu Interruption Part 2:

As the last match was seemingly decided, Kuni Raicho stepped forward to announce the victor. "That was a bit more one sided than I would have cared for. I shall certainly be sending in my training recommendation to a certain daimyo. Regardless, the winner her is undoubtedly"

Just then, Shinjo Gemmei stepped forward to speak, squeezing out between two other bushi to speak. "I beg your pardon, magistrates, but I think there is something you should be made aware of. Horiuchi Sayoko... she..."

Just then, Kakita Zanzen stepped forward to speak, squeezing out between two other bushi to speak. ""Pardon my interruption, but there is problem. Koan-san is deceased. I went to inform him of his standings and check up on him due to how bad he appeared this morning and found him dead."

Simultaneously, they would say together,
"I am under the impression that Horiuchi Sayoko has taken someone's life this day."
"The only person I know in the tents between when I last saw him alive this morn and then was Sayoko."

There would be a few moments of murmurs until the last bits came out, and then everyone would fall silent. And Kuni Raicho would glower. "Really? Really?" Rather than look askance at either Zanzen or Gemmei, she would look at Sayoko.

Benjiro said something quietly to some Daidoji guards, who immediately left in a hurry. He would then draw his own katana.

"These are serious claims against you, Horiuchi Sayoko. What do you have to say in your defense? Are you innocent or guilty?" Raicho would turn to face the Unicorn woman, fists tightening and loosening, her square jaw clenched.

"They are correct," she would say calmly, not looking afraid nor regretful. "Doji Koan was a scoundrel, a rapist, and ultimately, a failure of a samurai. By my blade, Rokugan is a better place. The fact that I am on the verge of victory of this entire tournament should demonstrate that the kami's will is being done, and the Fortunes favor me."

Raicho would let out a single laugh, before scolding her, taking a menacing step forward. "You stupid, stupid girl. You think you have the wherewithal to interpret the kami's will? Are you that self-deluded that you grasp at straws and call it justification? I personally will teach you a lesson in humility, and see you pay for your crime." As Raicho stepped forward, ready as a tiger to pounce upon Sayoko, the Unicorn woman would not look like she would move to defend herself, her hand nowhere near her blade.

That is, until Benjiro held his blade out, blocking Raicho's path. "What are you doing, Benjiro?!" she would hiss, glaring at him. "You can't possibly be siding with-

"No, I am not. But we set up rules at this tournament. No Samurai was to attack another without consent until the tournament's conclusion. Mirumoto Sozen-san is a gifted duelist, and if it were not for Gemmei-san and Zanzen-san approaching us when they did, the finals would have gone on uninterrupted. If these two had come forth but five minutes later, Sayoko-san would have the answer she sought. We cannot change what has already happened, but if Sayoko-san had felt at all guilty about what she had done, she wouldn't have been forthright with us about it."

Benjiro would turn to the Unicorn woman, staring into her eyes with his unmoving Sadane face. "Horiuchi Sayoko. If we allow you to finish this duel, do you promise to surrender to our custody peacefully, and face judgment for your crimes? No matter the outcome of the match?"

"I do. I merely assumed I would not be leaving this fortress in anything less than irons."

"I can't believe you're doing this," Raicho would say to Benjiro, scowling at him. "Is this your idea of imperial justice? Or are you simply trying to impress a woman in mourning?"

Benjiro, seemingly ignoring the snide remark from Raicho, would speak aloud, addressing all of you. "Horiuchi Sayoko has agreed to submit to our custody upon completion of the iaijutsu competition! If anyone has any complaints, speak now! I will consider all voices in this matter!"

Does anyone have two zeni they wish to give?  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff