Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:42 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Maru would pout at Kojiro's request. "But it was your idea, Kojiro-san... Hopefully, you aren't always this indecisive."

Gently removing his arm from her grasp, Naizen would simply look at Maru. "He makes a good point. Plus, I think you'd prefer any intel I can get on her."

Maru would let out an audible sigh of annoyance, prior to stepping back to give Naizen his space. The Shosuro would bow to the two of them, and leave without further word.

A few moments would pass, and Kojiro would go to ask the first servant he found about breakfast. "Yes, my lord. I'll go fetch some breakfast for you presently." The young man would bow deeply before going off in a hurry to oblige the request.

"Kojiro-san..." Maru would start to say from behind the Bayushi, stepping up to him and placing her delicate hands on his shoulders. Pressing her chest and her cheek to his back, she would then ask, "Do you not want me to have nice things?"

--------------------

@ Crab Tent:

Kaori's hands would shake somewhat, the liquid in her tea cup almost spilling onto the table, before she steadied herself. "I don't know how much you know about Raicho-sama, Kagae-san, but to our family, she is a great hero for the work she's accomplished. She's one of Utagu-sama's personal students, and she rivals Kuni Shigeaki and Kuni Kiyoshi for rulership of the family should something happen to him."

She would set the cup down, turning her head to the side as if to stare off into space. "She has more sway than you think. After my blundering during this tournament, I suspect my career as a Kuni Shugenja might be over. Perhaps I'll join the Witch Hunters on the wall as well, and serve the Crab by dying loyally in service to the Empire."

Looking back to Kagae without any sense of doubt, hesitation, or fear in her eyes, she would add stoically, "Glorious service in death in the greatest gift a Crab can give to their Clan."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:10 pm
@Crane Shenanigans/Lion Tent

"Please wait here, My Lord, and I will see if she will speak with you. I am afraid that my mistress may not be in the mood to have visitors right this moment." Omi would then head back into the tent to speak with her mistress.

"A Crane samurai has come to speak with you about a letter." Omi plainly told Kyumi. "He did not give me his name." Kyumi would look at the other woman as she spoke; her expression still a little sleepy looking. However, once she had heard the first sentence, the Kitsu's cheeks began to puff out as a look of rage began to cover her face.

"H-HOW DARE HE!" The woman was almost shaking in rage. "If that... That man... thinks I will allow him or any of his clan to take advantage of me...!" Kyumi stormed to the tent entrance with a rather dismayed Omi chasing after her, and desperately trying to keep Kyumi from doing anything rash.

"I'm sorry, but unless you have been sent by the magistrates, I have no interest in discussing ANYTHING with you." The Kitsu would frown."Doji Koan has already upset me enough, and I won't stand for that man sending others to harass me simply because he is unable to do it in person!"Kyumi would add in a huff. She would stamp one of her feet on the ground, in an attempt to add emphasis to her words.

Behind her, Omi would look meek and a little out of depth, as if she wasn't sure exactly how to calm her mistress down and get her back into the tent before the woman did something terrible.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 9, 6, 9, 1 Total: 40 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

"It was plain how much discomfort that would cause him. Backing off from such a thing would gain a measure of gratitude with Naizen. Besides, on the off chance that Kitsu-san sees Naizen talking with Jiro. It may cause a small measure of paranoia on her part. At any rate, if you wish to see under his mask so badly, this can now be attempted in a more comfortable setting, where Naizen may not take as much offense towards the suggestion."

Kojiro would shrug and then his face would turn red as Maru touched him. "I just figured that you would prefer an additional distraction to the Kitsu, rather than discomfort for Naizen. After all, this could be the last time you see the girl."

Kojiro would turn around and hold Maru's hands in his own. "I have a question to ask you though. Do you have feellings for Doji Koan? I am no great reader of moods, but even I saw the worry in your face when you heard he was in trouble." While awaiting Maru's response, Kojiro would keep his ear out for the servant bringing their food and would move to quiet Maru should the servant come at an awkward moment.

OOC: Awareness/Investigation 4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Raises Called: 1
Results: 24  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:23 pm
Crane Shenanigans

"I came of my own accord. If you do not wish to be civil, then perhaps it was wrong of me to think that Lions could do so, and I will inform the other Cranes that you, at least, represent the age old feud that some have attempted to put behind them. I came because of a letter, I wished to speak to you and hear what you had to say. However, I will not be insulted by anyone."

He turned and took a step. "Perhaps Koan isn't to blame after all, if Lions leap at the throat right away." With that he started walking.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 am
@Shenanigans:

"You came of your own accord? Really? I didn't know that you were involved in this business as well!" The Kitsu snarled back, following him for a few more steps. "After all, I didn't see you in the tent when your precious Koan tried to assualt me. And you certainly didn't rescue or support me when I was still shocked at almost having my virtue stolen from me. In fact, I don't remember seeing you at all yesterday, so really... I'm stumped as to where you fit into my business."

The angry shugenja would huff before heading back to her tent. "Go back to your tent, Crane. I spent all of yesterday being upset over this nonsense, and I don't want to spend all my energy today being angry at you. I'd rather use it later to cheer on more worthy men."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 am
@ Crab tent:

After about a minute with his cup held in the same spot mid travel to his mouth he unfroze looking shocked and saddened. He fiddled with his hair for a while looking away trying to think of a response. Finally after another minute of thought and awkward silence Kagae had some form of response to give,

"I'd prefer if... I was able... To see you again after the tournament... Which isn't possible if you're dead... I'd rather not the last time I see you is now before your funeral..."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Since they were still outside the tent, it would not be difficult to see any servants coming. Or any of the other samurai, for that matter.

"I suppose. If you think it's wise," Soshi Maru would say, her hands traveling down to Kojiro's shoulder blades.

When Kojiro would turn to take her hands in his and ask his question, however, she would take a step back, practically in surprise.

"Attracted to... Doji Koan?"

"Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! You must be joking, Kojiro-san! Koan? That simple-minded braggart? That honorless pig? Really?! Hahahahahahahaha!"

Maru seemed to be reveling in the mere suggestion of such an attraction, laughing merrily while covering her mouth with the back of her delicate hand. Kojiro's investigation would reveal that she did seem extremely sincere in how ludicrous the very assumption was to her.

Kojiro's raise would allow him to reflect back over the past days, and most likely, Maru's relationship with Koan was that of a carpenter's relationship with their hammer. A tool, nothing more, and completely disposable.

"Oh, Kojiro-san... I haven't laughed that hard in ages. How can you be so cute yet so obtuse? I would hope Koyuki-san would have high enough standards to not marry you solely on your good looks."

--------------------

@ Crab Tent:

Kaori would smile, almost warmly, at Kagae's words. "Kind words don't become you, Kagae-san. Our lives as Crabs are ones of sacrifice. If you get this attached to your clanmates, you're in for a lifetime of suffering."

She would sip her tea, before putting her cup down. "If you are concerned of my well-being, don't be. We all have our own destinies to attain. Speaking of which, what are your plans once you finish the tournament? If you seem so intent on not winning, that is. You probably have something already lined up, don't you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am
@ Crab tent:

"I have an aspiration you see a bit cliché for a Kaiu but a drive in my life none the less... I wish to gain permission to forge a Kaiu sword a extremely rare and unique blade which will never break! Problem is though only five a year are made so like I said I'd need to prove my worth to my daimyo to allow me to even attempt it... So to do this I'll probably end up spending much of my life in a forge trying to perfect my art until the Daimyo allows me access to the legendary Kaiu Shiro forge where I will be able to forge the sword which is after I have become the Kaiu master smith..." Replied Kagae with a glint in his eyes before his face took a sad tone with a bit of realization, "After that... I do not know... Sad isn't it? To have such great aspirations to have nothing left after achieving them..."

Kagae started to play with his tea cup as if trying to distract himself from depressing thoughts.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:53 am
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro grinned sheepishly. "Well.... it was either that or you were upset that something involving Koan and the Lioness did not go as well as you wished." Kojiro would keep his ears alert as he whispered in a lower voice. "As it stands, no matter what the plan is, you can benefit from the result. Surely Koan or his family if he does not survive his misadventures will want to strike back at the woman who laid him low. You would gain Crane favors for doing what you would do normally out of revenge, bringing profit to the Clan. Either that, or one of your agents could offer protection to Kitsu-san for help against the vengeful Crane, putting him in perfect position. Or both things could happen."

Kojiro sighed and took Maru's hands in his again if she let him. "Let the Lions make their plans as fine as Kaiu swords. For when they are broken, they are impossible to put together again. Our plans will be made of ropes. When one is cut through, we shall be able to tie it up and move along."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:29 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Kaori would nod when hearing the story. "Then it sounds like, at least for the long-term, you have big plans. It would be best to not be burdened by the weight of guilt, or you might not be able to climb to the rank of Master Smith."

She would offer another brief smile, tilting her head. "The sooner you forge such a blade, the sooner it might save my life on the wall, and the lives of many others. Use that thought to help guide you forward, and not look back."

--------------------

Maru's mood would instantly change; one might even go so far to say, it soured. She would look(?) sternly at Kojiro, her brow narrowing over her veil. "That's... that's none of your business, Kojiro," she would say sternly, taking another step backwards, almost defensively.

Flustered, she would turn away, rather than let Kojiro take her hands. "I don't need further advice from you about the matter, Kojiro-san. You have more to worry about now. You have Kentaro-kun to worry about now."

"My lords, I have your food," announced the servant as he approached, with a tray of two bowls of steaming rice, as well as bowls of miso ramen soup.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:51 pm
@ Crab tent:

"You make it seem like I'm the one need motivating..." Kagae replied standing up still seemingly more down than when the conversation begun, "I think I'll go take a walk... This was a nice talk we had Kaori-san..."

Grabbing a mouthful of tea leaves to chew on, his katana and wakizashi shoving them into his obi he left the tent not even bothering to finish what was left of his tea.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:06 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

The Scorpion thanked the servant as he put down the food upon the table and waited until he left before speaking to Maru. "As you wish, Maru-san. It would ease my mind greatly if you were to dine with me though, and help steady my mind about the matches to come. I admit, I'm trying to not become overconfident. Even if the two Crane were in this competition, I feel as strongly about this one as I do the Archery contest! Itadakumasu!!

With that, Kojiro would begin to eat, hopefully Maru would join him.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:47 pm
Crane Shenanigans/Lion Tent:

He turned, glaring towards the Kitsu. stressed "I am through with this and your insults. If you have any shred of honor, face me tomorrow. If you refuse, then you are no better than a peasant whore." Turning, he walks off, glaring death at anyone in his way.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:09 pm
@ Crane/Lion/UNICORN Shenanigans:

Ide Jiro would stir through all of this. As he lifted his head and blinked several times, he would suddenly jolt to his feet, throwing off the blanket that had been keeping him warm.

"What! Hey! What?" As his newly awakened mind struggled to process the information, he saw the cumulation of a shouting/accusation match between the Crane and Lion.

"How dare you... ack!" he started to say, before getting deathglared. Though he would hesitate but for a moment, he would rush alongside Kakita Zanzen as he was attempting to leave. "You can't speak to Kyumi-san like that! I challenge you to a duel!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:17 pm
@Crane/Lion/Unicorn Shenanigans

He turns, his blue and brown eyes glaring down upon Ide Jiro. "Then do so after I finish with her, if you still want to."

Willpower/Deceit [Intimidate]
2k2  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games