Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Physics and Mathematics Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: physics, mathematics, science, universe 

Reply The Physics and Mathematics Guild
INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GranoblasticMan

Invisible Lunatic

11,800 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:20 pm
New member here smile

My name's Granoblastic Man, or Grano for short ( yeah, my RL friends call me that too smile ). I'm currently a computer science student at the University of Central Florida. While computer science isn't directly related to physics, and only tangentally related to math, both have interested me for a long time. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:11 am
I'm 18 years old. You can call me Kyle. I have some particular knowledge about conceptual physics.

I am 2nd year college studying psychology.  

Smartteaser192

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Robust Narcotics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 am
hey, i'm jamie. i live in Ireland and am currently in 11th grade. i have a great passion for physics and math (also biology). we're studying mechanics and heat topics in school.
the course i want to get into when i leave school is called 'medical physics and physics technology' :3

thanks for accepting me into the guild!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:46 am
Hello, I'm Megan. I currently have no official experience in physics, and will not have any until next year, when I begin Physics I in school. For now, I'm learning the concepts on my own.  

Amanita flavoconia

Jade Lana

Profitable Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 am
Pton32
Hi, I'm Pton, and although I'm only going to college next year, I'm taking calculus and physics next semester. ^^

I hope to get a major in astrophysics, and I think here is a good place to learn stuff about it. ^^; I'm really looking forward to learning, but I hope it doesn't go over my head too much. razz

Well, here's my old account. Just like I'd thought!

I'm in college now, finishing up the semester. In two days I'll be going home and working over the summer because my internships didn't come through.... but whatever, I'm only a freshy.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:21 am
Hey. I'm Joe. I'm 20, in the second year of m degree - maths with computer science. I did physics at A-Level and it always interested me. Now that I'm doing math at Sussex University I almost miss it.

Peace biggrin  

sephiseraph

Jerba2

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:21 am
Jerba2. You can call me Jerba, since the 2 is annoying.

I'm a Junior in High School, in Conceptual Physics since my guidance counselor didn't think I was smart enough to go into the normal Physics class. stare

I had Honors Biology freshman year (good in that course), Chemistry in sophomore year (got a 98 on the final), and, of course, in C. Physics this year (I got a 110 on the mid-term exam, and I think I'm exempt from the final.)

I do all sorts of extraneous studies in Physics. My favorite physicist is Albert Einstein... just ahead of Newton. I read about halfway through a biography of Einstein when I figured I probably wouldn't be able to finish it. I am reading the Elegant Universe right now. I got a gift card for Borders for Christmas and spent it on Physics for Dummies and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Calculus. (I'm going into Pre-calculus next year.)

Science and Mathematics are my favorite subject ever, and I hope someday to be accepted to MIT.

My interest in science started in 6th grade when my teacher asked the class what science was. I was the first and only to respond: everything.

So yeah, that's my background in Math and Science.

Oh yeah! And I own a guild called Universe - an Open House for the Open-Minded. (Universe for short). It's about philosophy, science, math, and contemporary issues. Just some of my main interests.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:57 pm
Names "Johnnie Here" (reference to the college I'm attending this fall)...

High-school is the limit to my education in physics less of the couple of things I've read outside of school.

I guess I would say my interest developed when I took my high-school course in physics... and, I'm largely interested in theoretical and astrophysics.  

Johnnie Here

Bahar sh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:18 am
I'm Bahar. I just finished second year of physics in IKIU university.(19 years old) I love physics maths, Nature, world's secrets, Kung fu, Painting. I like philosophy too, I think, I never get tired of it.(maybe)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:36 am
I'm lenekoi. I'm a senior in high school, and have taken two years of physics and one year of calculus. My interests started pretty early, when eating dinner wih my family we'd talk about all sorts of different sciences.  

Lenekoi

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:30 am
Hello, I'm Alex! O: I'm a Christian, a Creationist and interested in Physics. XD

I'll be a Sophomore in High School this coming up year, and will be taking my second AP class (in US History now, last year AP Human Geography). I am interested in Theology, Medical/Pathological related work and... well, Physics!

I know very little about Physics (as I am more of a Theological person) however I would love to learn more. I plan on reading many books in the following years and taking an AP Physics class my Junior/Senior year in High School. Please forgive me because I know very little about Physics! O:

- Mazuac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 am
Hey Mazuac!!!!^_^

Watahi wa rabusha desu.
I am Christian, and a college graduate now.
With that being said...I am interested in all sciences..I have a hunger for knowledge. ^_^
I know a lot about math..but I need to reinforce what I know more soo..I do not want to become rusty.^_^
I am looking forward to being active here.^_^  

SknO

Layra-chan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 pm
Hi to all the new people! I hope you enjoy it here. The guild is a little slow, so feel free to start new threads and ask questions and share your ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:36 pm
Starting college in early September and majoring in Biology. I used to want to become a physicist, but I fell in love with biology wink  

Talono

The Physics and Mathematics Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces