Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Pasadena Housing District
1203: Ayluin Saelion, Erik Leroux and Kro Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Ayluin blinked in surprise for a moment when Erik spoke. He had thought that the shower would have helped to hide the fact he didn’t sleep well. But it seemed that his friend wasn’t so easily fooled. He sighed a bit but then smiled and shook his head. "It’s been a tough night. I only had some sleep." he admitted and Lugh nodded as well. ”Good morning. You could say that again, he has been lying awake almost all night.” he sold out the moonelf. Not because he suddenly felt the need to be his better, but because he had a feeling that perhaps this other person could help if they knew the truth. Still the bird didn’t say more about it. "Thank you." Ayluin said when Erik offered him to sit down, since the food was almost done anyway. The young man walked to the table and sat down.

He would give Kro some gentle good morning caresses if he could reach the bird, as he often did. Ayluin smiled at Erik when they spoke of drinks being ‘whatever he had brought home’. It sounded funny to the elf. "I’ll go for some orange juice, thank you Erik." he replied gratefully. He had to admit, he was surprised with how Erik went almost out of his way for breakfast and table setting, even if it was just what they needed. For a moment he wondered if he had missed an important day, but as he thought back about celebrations he couldn’t say he heard anything happening on February 14th. He was snapped out of his musings when Erik spoke to him about omelets and he nodded cheerfully. "I would love to learn how to make them. But I wasn’t sure when you would have the time." Well that and Erik had been gone so quickly lately and back so late, there just hadn’t been time. But he didn’t mention that.

On the offer he smiled at them. "I want to learn everything." he said and chuckled. "But if we start with actual plans, I would love to learn how to cook more dishes. And perhaps you can teach me a few things that can help me in daily life." he said. Of course the moonelf wouldn’t put force on it. It would be up to Erik how much he wanted to teach the things that Ayluin was curious about. It also reminded him that perhaps he hadn’t told Erik something yet due to them missing each other regularly. "I’m already learning some self defense as well. A friend agreed to teach me ways to defend myself just in case anything happens." he said without mentioning Drizz’ name. Not that he thought Erik would do anything to them, but the elf wasn’t sure if Drizz was alright with his name being called to people he didn’t know…much.

"But the longer I am here, the more I realize how little I know of life, even the simplest things." he admitted with a light blush, slightly embarrassed about admitting that out loud to Erik for some reason. Lugh eyed him but nodded approvingly. ”A good prince knows his shortcomings. I see that your life at those brutes of Saela haven’t muddled your personality my Prince.” Lugh said with an air of pride, though Ayluin looked at them in surprise. "Brutes?" he asked, confused even forgetting to correct them this time. "I know he could be rough at times, but I wouldn’t really call him a brute." he said thoughtfully, speaking about the people that raised him.

Before he could ask further though he noticed Erik’s slip and he jumped up to help, but his friend regained his own balance before he fully got up. "Are you alright?" he asked, slightly worried they may have hurt something with the sudden movement. The moonelf still remembered his first time he made a wrong, fast move when he had nearly slipped with the snow. His muscles had ached for several days. But seeing how Erik expertly moved the omelets to plates he smiled, relieved, and sat back down. Even with the plates set, Ayluin waited for Erik to be finished so they could eat together. He did drink some from the juice. The elf listened when he was told about the omelets, but it didn’t take him long to shake his head. "I’ll take that warning to heart this time." he replied with a chuckle. He had tried one of Erik’s own omelets once but it had been way too spicy for him. The last thing he wanted was a stomach ache for the rest of the day.

”Oh and maybe you could teach him how to braid his hair. I was just telling him how stunning he would look with the traditional braiding and the circlet of his people. But he tells me no one ever taught him how to braid.” Lugh piped up. If anything, this other two-legged had hands and opposing thumbs, they could braid, if they were willing to. Ayluin looked at the phoenix but then smiled. "It would be nice to learn how to braid it in a traditional way." he admitted. It didn’t take long before everything was set and once Erik had placed the drinks for the birds and said he would drink coffee later, only then would Ayluin start to eat. "Thank you for the breakfast Erik." he said, his voice gentle.

So, Erik would be home today? They didn’t have the sense of urgency that Ayluin had often seen lately and they did speak of teaching a few things. The moonelf took a bite from his omelet and tasted it, smiling happily. "This is delicious." he said after he swallowed the bite. And it really was. He loved the mix of all the seasonings and extras. Lugh looked at it at first, sniffed and then took a small bite, trying this strange food he was given. But even he had to admit it was really good. ”This tastes even better than I imagined.” the phoenix said. "Does this mean you will be home today?" Did a tinge of hope sound through his voice? Perhaps, he did feel bad with how little they communicated the past weeks. He realized that he missed having Erik around the house and Kro of course. They were truly members of the household.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Address : 1203 Pasadena]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Home] xxx

[With : Erik, Kro, Lugh] xxx

[Thinking : Things] xxx

[Notables : special or eye catching things on Ay]
Royal mark on his forehead.

"Ay speaking"
OOC: Words Words xxx
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Quotes: xxx

-

-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:38 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
My Card My Voice My Residence: 1203 Pasadena My Occupation: Cashier at Bookworm's
========================

”Unless you want them twice in one day, omelet craft might have to wait for another day.” He caught that “wasn’t sure when you have time” bit at the end and it did make him feel a bit guilty, but he just didn’t want Ay to think anything could happen between them. ”Everything huh? Bit of a tall order, but I’ll see what I can do. Cooking shouldn’t be too bad, you do well at that already. Hmm, there’s the absolute doldrums of financial management, including but not limited to taxes. Boring as ********, but something you’ll have to deal with since you aren’t with your folks anymore. For a lot of stuff you can always throw money at people and they’ll do it for you, but you’re not into that as I recall. So probably some house-maintenance stuff too.” He quirked an eyebrow when Ay admitted he was learning self-defense too. ”You think something is going to happen?” Either Ay was nervous from that time at the convenience store plus, well, seeing him nearly bleed to death in the streets, or there was something else going on and he needed to know about it. But that was all cut short by the strange encounter between Ay and Lugh. Erik couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but something about Lugh’s tone and emphatic declarations gave him the impression there was more to the adoption, and that more wasn’t very pleasant. He’d need to see if he could get some more info out of the bird later.

”I can do braiding, though I don’t know about traditional Saelan braiding. Never seen it before or anything. You got a picture or something and I can try. Otherwise, I’ll just teach him what I know. But…probably should start out with the easiest version first anyway. If you want it done in a fancier way I can braid it for you until you learn.” Some might find that a rather intimate offer, but he had been his younger sisters’ hair for ages now and he thought nothing of it. ”You should be a lot easier to work with than my sisters, at least you won’t squirm around the whole time I doubt.” And if he did, well, it would either pull or his work would be undone and both results would signal to a full-grown person that they needed to sit their a** down and hold still. ”Glad you both like them.” Cause that would have been an awkward start to the day otherwise. Make it just as awkward as he had felt earlier this morning.

That guilty feeling crashed home with that one innocent little question. The words alone were pretty standard, but there was almost a hint of desperation to Ay’s voice and it worried the s**t out of him. ”Yeah, I’m going to be home today. It’s a minor holiday today, and you’re too upbeat of a person for your first one to be complete s**t. Bitterness about holidays is my department, got it?” He was just kidding but damn was it true. Seemed like he hated every holiday except for Halloween, while Ay was at least a little excited about all of them. How the heck did two such opposites get along as well as they did? ”I’m guessing you didn’t have any holidays on this day back home? Sort of based on Lupercalia, except a day before and the name comes from a different religion. Also way less random.” Who knows if Ay had ever heard of Lupercalia, but he had mentioned other pagan holidays as ones celebrated in Saela, so maybe they celebrated that one too. He wouldn't give out any more information just yet, not until he had a chance to gauge Ay’s reaction and maybe dissuade him if certain thoughts popped into his head. You could totally celebrate Valentine’s among friends. Didn't have to be romantic at all, right?

========================
Gang: Ay & the birbs Relationship Status: Mateless Mood: Analytical Observing Other Corvids: It exists.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:56 am
User Image
User Image

The elf smiled when he heard Erik about the omelets. "As much as I enjoy them, I am not sure if it is a good idea to eat them twice a day. But we can always wait until next time." There was so much for him to learn after all. While he had learned a lot in his time in Soleil, some things that seemed so normal to people here could sometimes still throw him for a loop. "Taxes? What are taxes?" Ayluin frowned a bit in confusion about this new thing that apparently was a money case. He shook his head when Erik mentioned throwing money at people in confirmation but he didn’t interrupt them. "House maintenance? You mean like fixing the roof and such?" That was all Ayluin could think of that he should need to learn. After all he kept the house clean and his clothes washed and everything already.

Before he could ask about it though, he remembered the self defense and shared it with Erik. They seemed surprised. The elf shrugged a bit. "Well…" How could he put it? He didn’t want to outright say it was because of what he had seen. If shove came to push he could use his shield but people seemed to be after Erik a lot. "If anything I have seen how dangerous this place is by now. I just want to be able to defend myself so you won’t have to worry about me as much." It was general enough and he was being genuine. He didn’t want to be a liability for Erik when it came to situations like that. ”Hm, dangerous indeed. Can you tell me what you plan to do if the Highelf king comes to this city to claim you?” The phoenix purposely didn’t say claim your life as he didn’t have any details and could hardly accuse even the false king without certainty, but it was something to keep in mind. "Claim me? I’ll just tell him I have no interest whatsoever in going back to Saela. He can’t force me." After all, he was an adult, even to his own people’s standards.

Lugh left it at that for now. But he kept an eye on the interactions and added his own thoughts as well. Ayluin smiled when he heard about the braiding and nodded. "It would be fun to choose between more styles for my hair. Especially if it also keeps it out of my face. And of course you can braid my hair Erik. If you want to?" The moonelf was all for. In fact it sounded like a fun time. "I’ll sit as still as a statue, promised." Ayluin made the promise sign with his hands and Lugh shook his head. ”Well you better be, he has my blessing to pull if you are squirming too much.” The bird was without mercy at times perhaps, but with the real parents of the elf gone, he kind of felt like it was now his job to raise Ayluin to the moonelf standards. Though the past days he had looked a bit worse for wear.

The moonelf laughed softly and listened when Erik answered him about the breakfast. "Oh, I see. Thanks Erik. That is really sweet of you. I hope I can make it more fun for you too, if only a bit." Ayluin looked happy whenever he was around Erik, Lugh had noticed that much. "Hm, Lupercalia, I think I read about that in one of my books. A celebration of fertility right?" He remembered parts he had read about the history of this world. "That kind of sounds like our Céadamhain. A festival of fertility and youth. But for us it is celebrated on May 1st." ayluin blinked as he realized the significance of this day and looked at Erik but before he could ask something, Lugh interrupted.

”I do hope this doesn’t involve hopping over a fire. Ayluin isn’t prepared for such a ritual. You lack some important magic to your repertoire so to say. Or, should I say a gift that has yet to be awakened in you. Though, I dare say you are about the right age now.” Lugh had spoken thoughtfully and looked at Ayluin mid sentence before flying around them a bit and then landed on the table again and nodded. ”Soon I think. Oh I hope I can guide you through it as well as your parents would have.” The moonelf shrugged and looked at Erik. Was this something that happened on events like this? He shook his head and shrugged. "Anyway, what do they do here on this day?" The elf was curious and wanted to learn more.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image

[With : Erik and the birbs] xxx

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:34 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

My Card My Voice My Residence: 1203 Pasadena My Occupation: Cashier at Bookworm's
========================

He knew Ay was sheltered but what the hell just how sheltered could a person be? ”You’ve never heard of taxes? They’ve been around for millenia but Saela didn’t have them? The people never had to give money or goods to the government over there?” Ok enough of the incredulity, that probably wasn’t making Ay feel any better about not knowing s**t. ”So yeah, it’s basically money given to the government to help fund road maintenance and public services and s**t, supposedly. If you don’t pay you can get into serious legal trouble. The laws around them are absolute chaos and hardly anyone understands them but yeah fine I’ll do them this year.” That wasn’t the same as teaching Ay, but damn who knows how long it would take him to figure out all of the minutiae and he needed to make sure everything was done in time. ”Sure fixing the roof is one thing but what about if a faucet starts leaking or the gutters clog up? Or maybe a short in the wiring? Paint might have to be touched up every now and again. Owning a house carries a bunch of responsibilities with it. At least neither of us have a car, so no maintenance there.” Jeez he had been here for months now and yet there were still so many basic things Ay had no clue about. Kinda made him wonder what he had been doing this whole time. That said, Ay’s line of reasoning for learning to defend himself was pretty damn astute. ”That’s pretty nice of you, thanks. I mean I’d still worry cause that is just who I am, but knowing you could defend yourself would make me worry a little less. I’m sorry your introduction to the violence of this place was seeing me shot, but better me than you, right?” He couldn’t even begin to imagine how traumatizing it would be if Ay ever got seriously injured in a fight. Poor elf might not know what to do with himself. For the umpteenth time he got the feeling that Lugh was hinting at something deeper and more sinister than Ay believed, but he couldn’t just outright ask with Ay around. Nah, sometime he needed to corner the bird and get the full story. He hated getting blindsided.

”Damn, carte blanche to make sure you sit still? Let’s hope you can do a good statue impression. I’d have to look up the more complicated ones, but even the most basic will keep your hair out of your eyes no problem. You can practice on me I suppose, but you dang well better not tie my hair into such knots it has to be cut out. Not likely to happen, but still.” There would be some glares at least if Ay managed to screw it up that badly. Plus probably a suspension of lessons. He was about to very quickly explain the differences between the holidays when Lugh went into some weird s**t about powers and gifts and Ay being about the right age and all. ”Um, am I the only one here who has no idea what is going on? Is this some sort of elven ritual thing? Reach a certain age and a bird starts talking about cryptic prophecies?” ”Ugh, quit being so thick, numbskull,” Kro piped up. ”Obviously this is something between an avian mentor and a biped student. And as you should know, that is private and sacred and only an a** would try to insert themselves into that bond. Just sit back and know it will be fine. Avians are the best teachers out there.” For once Kro was being somewhat diplomatic in that he mentioned avians as a whole, but then again he did enjoy the chance to take a jab at Erik.

Erik rolled his eyes but kept quiet on the matter. ”No jumping over fires required or anything. It’s not really that huge of a holiday, but it’s supposed to be about love. Kids sometimes give candy and cards to friends, single people b***h about it, and couples are expected to go on a date and give gifts and other such sappy stuff. Single people say it makes them feel left out and lonely, couples often find the event too stressful. And that’s about as much as I can say without making it painfully obvious that I don’t like most holidays. On the positive side though, there’s usually some damn good sales on candy, particularly chocolate, the day after.” He’d even managed to end it on a happy note, damn he had done well not to sound like a bitter old man. ”Just consider this more like the kid’s version: it’s a sign we’re friends and all.” Cause he sure as hell did not want to be sending mixed messages here.

========================
Gang: Ay & birbs Relationship Status: Mateless Mood: Oi Observing Other Corvids:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Ayluin shook his head and sighed a bit. "I haven’t seen anything like that happen there. Nor should it. Your money is your money right?" And he hadn’t seen it! The elf had no idea such a thing existed. ”Well, it does exist, but I doubt the King would have let you see it. Traditionally our people didn’t do taxes, they lived from what Lunasa forest provided them with and they shared it. But the highelves do. Those brutes live by the sword and nothing more. Moonelves tend to be more like carers, healers and seers.” This was all new to Ayluin as well but he looked at Lughnasadh, who in turn was looking at him but also at Erik and Kro as he explained. But he stopped as Erik explained the ongoings of this place with taxes. After all, he knew even less about Soleil than the elf did. ”They sound even more complicated than the highelf taxes.” he said and looked at his fellow Avian.

Lughnasadh stepped back for a moment as Erik explained more to Ayluin. Even a teacher knew to step aside when the expertise needed was not their own. Ayluin listened to the other as they spoke and thought about the words. "I don’t know about fixing a roof, faucets or gutters, but I have recently painted around the house. A neighbor that was painting too explained how to do it. It was my first time and it was a lot of fun. I wouldn’t mind trying the other tasks." Ayluin smiled a bit as he thought back to the tasks. It had been a delight to paint his own home. He may not know much, but he is a quick and eager learner with his endless natural curiosity. The news about self defense had the effect that even Ayluin had expected. Erik seemed surprised and perhaps a little worried. ”Excuse me?! Shot?” The phoenix immediately jumped in, that didn’t sound safe at all. Though his version of shooting inevitably imagined a bow of some kind.

The moonelf grimaced a bit at the memory, but he had given it a place. That had been some scary weeks. "It’s a while ago now Lugh, no worries. And see us now, we got out well enough." Lugh huffed a bit. ”And what of those aggressors the other day then? Can you say for sure it will end as well as that next time?” The moonelf shook his head. "No, but I refuse to live in fear and miss out on my freedom. What do you expect me to do? Stay in my room and never show my face outdoors. That is not going to happen and that is final. I came here to be free." Ayluin wasn’t one to quickly argue about things, but if there was one thing he was tired of it was to be locked inside just because the world wasn’t entirely as safe as he imagined. Not that he was angry, just a little annoyed by Lugh. Thankfully the distraction came in the form of braiding discussions and the moonelf left it at that, but if Lugh thought he was going to stay inside, then the bird had another thing coming.

He nodded to Erik and despite his annoyance with Lugh gave them a smile. "Of course, I don’t want to make it complicated for you. Nor will I learn the art of braiding if I move around too much, making it hard for you to finish." Ignorant perhaps he was, but the elf wasn’t stupid. In fact he was pretty intelligent, he just missed a few crucial lessons that most in this area apparently already had by his age. When the phoenix piped up about the rituals and such, even Ayluin forgot they were arguing a bit earlier though as he looked at Erik and then at Lugh with some confusion. "No you aren’t Erik, I don’t get it either. What are you talking about Lugh? I don’t have any gifts, I just know a little magic." His tone was confused, yet intrigued by this new revelation.

Lugh blinked a bit as he looked at Kro having a go at Erik and then shook his head. But first he would listen to what the man spoke of about this holiday, he was actually rather curious about it. When they finished, Ayluin chuckled and smiled at Erik. "That sounds like a terrible holiday for people that are single. But the kids and lovers sound cute. It really does sound like what I read about in that book. Thank you for wanting to make it a fun day for me Erik." Lughnasadh had wanted to expand upon the ritual stuff, but seeing Ayluin so overjoyed, he just couldn’t get himself to shatter the elf’s joy bubble today. Instead he resolved to tell him the next day, or as soon as he could. ”I second Kro here, you have nothing to worry about. Ayluin is in good wings. I will make sure he learns what he needs to learn about his race.” He nodded towards the crow in solidarity, feeling kind of proud that Kro had mentioned avians in general. "What else do you want to do Erik? Let’s make this a fun day for us both." The moonelf would do his best to at least help Erik to have some fun today.

User Image

[Where : At home] xxx

[With : Erik and the birbs. (that almost sounds like a band!)] xxx

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:20 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

Thank something the topic didn’t remain on taxes. It was painfully obvious the elf had no clue what they were or how they worked and it would be a living hell trying to get everything ready in time. At some point he would need to get everything together, but not right now, not when it was a bad idea to lose himself in dread. At least the household tasks could be taught fairly easily, and the stuff Ay probably shouldn’t attempt on his own he could do and teach Ay at the same time. It was a workable solution. And as for the whole shooting thing, he too was thankful the discussion ended fairly quickly. He didn’t want to have to explain how guns worked nor did he wish to mention that he was a pretty good shot himself. If they were ever attacked and had nowhere to run, he planned to be armed and carve a path for them no matter what it took. Didn’t mean he was looking forward to telling Ay he was genuinely prepared to cause grievous bodily harm to anyone who threatened their lives. Just didn’t seem like something the sheltered elf needed to hear. Braiding perfectly smoothed things over between the four of them. How could it not? Kro didn’t care, Lugh would appreciate the help training Ay in the old ways, Ay was like a little kid in regards to his love for learning, and such a skill was old hat to Erik. Totally agreeable, non-divisive subject finally. Unlike the whole mystical powers thing that apparently pitted humanoid against avian. Kro was in the same damn boat as Lugh and he knew it. Both of them had chicks who were capable of much, but for their own various reasons things had to remain obscured. Not that Kro would let on any such thing was occurring between Erik and himself. Nope, there was absolutely no reason he referred to Erik as a half-idiot. No reason at all. If he had lips he would be sipping in a totally not suspicious manner at some tea.

”Yeah, it does suck if you’re not a kid or in a relationship. Good to know it’s not just my general pessimism that makes me dislike it.” Of course he never got anything on the holiday, so that did taint his opinion of the holiday, but no point in bringing that up, probably make Ay feel bad and try to make up for all of the sucky V-Days all at once. It’d have been too much. ”Alright alright, do as you two will. I just didn’t get the sudden Chosen One stuff. You avians can keep with your secret plots or whatever. No skin off my nose.” Sure he’d learned a bit from corvids, but since when had Kro ever been his mentor? And yet the pigeon was talking like he was some wizened wizard giving his apprentice his first wand or some s**t like that. Didn’t make a bit of sense to him but maybe it was a bird thing. Not worth the effort to understand. ”You’re too late if you think you’re going to get me to like the holiday. I’ve been single too long to see anything good about it, but if it means so much to you just enjoy the day. Means my efforts weren’t in vain. That’s good enough for me.” Kro rolled his eyes, ”yeah yeah enough of the martyr routine, we get the picture. He likes playing music and learning new things. Also kinda likes candy. If you can play any instrument or sing or something I’m sure he would love to do a duet with you. He’s kinda into that sentimental stuff, no matter how tough he acts.” Erik quirked an eyebrow at him, ”you make me sound like some edgelord teen.”
”If the shoe fits…”
”Alright Lugh, tell me how moonelves braid. I don’t need to be taking this kind of abuse from someone who insists on people giving him a title.”
Despite not having lips, Kro still managed to smirk at the comment. He knew the conversation had all been teasing.

========================
Gang: Ay & birbs Relationship Status: Mateless Mood: Eh Observing Other Corvids:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:23 pm
User Image
User Image

Now he was curious about these taxes. But the topic changed so quickly. He made a mental note to ask Erik later. With the topic now on braids though, his curiosity was roused anew. Just what was this distinct way his people braid their hair? It would definitely be useful to keep his long hair out of his face and possibly more fun than a bland ponytail. It was also a great distraction from the argument with Lugh. The moonelf didn’t like to fight, even with words. But the phoenix had touched on a sensitive subject. After being kept locked in a castle for the most part of his life, which was pretty long with his 300 some years and ongoing, he had become really averse to being kept inside, even if it was for his own good.

Ayluin turned to Erik, not wasting more words on the argument. They both left the birds to themselves for now. Though the reaction wasn’t very hopeful from Erik. "Hm, well, my day is great already." Much of it was due to Erik, he knew that much. They always made him feel strange but good. Once again though, it was Kro that helped Ayluin out. The elf turned to him and listened, giving the corvid a smile. "I can play the piano and I can sing." The phoenix huffed and nodded. ”As you should. Music and singing is important for moonelf rituals. If you ever get to doing those, you will need the skills.” Before Ayluin could say he would love to do a duet with Erik though, the other male suddenly threw the topic back on braids.

Lugh was just as surprised, but he soon recovered and nodded. ”Well, the front longest locks are partly braided first and then pulled back until just under the crown of the head and then joined together with the upper part of the hair on the back so it joins in one braid from there. Majority of the hair is left loose, but it keeps the front locks out of the face. Too bad we won’t add the tiara anytime soon…” Lugh reminisced for a moment before he looked at Erik. ”Does that help?” He was eager to see this on his protegé.

User Image

[With : Erik and the Avians] xxx

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:26 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

It probably would have made more sense to alternate between things he particularly liked and things Ay liked, but today was most definitely not about him. He was doing Valentine’s s**t for Ay because it was the elf’s first time and Erik didn’t want it to suck like it did for most people. He was used to it sucking, so no sense in trying to sway him, especially since that might make it seem like there was more going on between them than Erik was willing to admit. ”I think it makes sense, but you can keep an eye on my work and tell me if I’m messing up.” Now even one of the birds was involved so it couldn’t be construed as romantic in any shape or form. ”Hey Kro, when you’re done you mind getting Ay’s brush for me? I need it to do the braid.” Just because the elf was meticulous in his grooming didn’t mean a brush wasn’t necessary. Sometimes he’d need to smooth it out or get sections to go in a certain direction, and a brush was an invaluable tool for such things. A comb would have been nice too, one of the ones with a long thin handle, but he figured he was already in enough trouble with Kro, didn’t need to add more to it. ”If you weren’t so lazy you could get it yourself, but since it’s so you can do something nice for the glowworm, I’ll oblige.” He swallowed down the last bit of omelet then flew off to Ay’s room. ”Just need to wash my hands first, otherwise your hair might become spicy, or at least smell like eggs.” If Ay hadn’t finished breakfast yet then he’d leave the elf’s plate behind, but while he was up to wash his hands he’d take what dishes were done and give them a quick rinse. ”I’ll legit wash them later,” he explained in case Ay was wondering why he had done a half-a** job.

A few minutes later Kro returned with the brush and dropped it into Erik’s hand. ”Anything else I can get you, my liege?” The sarcasm practically dripped from his voice. ”Liege huh? Does that mean I don’t have to share the bed anymore?” Kro remained silent and went to perch on top of the fridge. ”Alright, let’s see how this goes.” Erik set to work braiding the forelocks, keeping the braid taut but not too tight, and eventually getting Ay to hold the completed braid whilst he worked on the other side. All the while he’d get clarifications from Lugh to make sure he was still on the right track. All said it took him about fifteen minutes, but the result was quite impressive. ”Looks pretty good, but there’s no way a person could do it on their own. Do his people have a more casual and/or more utilitarian style as well?” Either way he wasn’t about to undo his work, he was just curious if there was something Ay could work towards: a motivator to keep him practicing.

========================
Gang: Ay & birbs Relationship Status: Mateless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: This alright?

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:27 pm
User Image
User Image

When it turned out the braids would be the focus right now, Ayluin would stop asking unrelated questions for now. That and it did seem like Erik was reluctant to speak of some of the topics, which was something the moonelf had gotten used to. He watched as Erik and Lugh joined hands and the phoenix nodded. “I can guide the process from start to finish if it seems necessary. But you look like a bright young man so I doubt I will need to repeat the steps.” It was Lugh’s way of joining in on the peacemaking. He was wise and well traveled by now with the other royals of Ay’s kin. The bird was starting to notice the two seemed to be closer than either of them admitted, or perhaps in his prince’s case realized. Ayluin looked at Erik as he took the plates to the sink and washed them off and his hands, smiling when they spoke. It was no hurry at any rate and whoever got to them first could wash them when ready.

The phoenix waited for Kro to come back and when he did Ayluin sat down where Erik would place him and Lugh would perch on a higher vantage point to have a good view on the proceedings. A soft chuckle escaped the elf when Erik and Kro exchanged jibes but he didn’t stop them. It was a common occurrence as well and kind of amusing now Ayluin knew it wasn’t an actual argument. "I’m sure you will make a great braid Erik." Not that they needed encouragement probably, but he wanted to show his trust in his friend. As promised he stayed still with minimum fidgeting and never so much that Erik would be in trouble or anything. The only real movements being when he took a hold of the braid when asked to. Lughnasdadh kept a watchful eye on it, but he only had to put in advice once or twice. “I can see you have done this more often indeed.” he praised the male.

When they were done, Ayluin got up once he was given the ok that all was done and walked to a mirror not far from the kitchen. Looking at his reflection he had to admit it looked good. "So this is how my parents would wear their hair?" he asked. For the first time feeling the miss of not having known his own parents, wherever they were. While he knew by now the High Elves could not be his true parents, he has little clue of what became of his own people. “The royals would, especially the males. Females have a much more intricate fashion.” The bird turned from Ay to Erik when he heard their question and hummed a bit, tapping his wing to his beak. “Not really, but I suppose the commoner’s way would be more casual. Not that I advise you to don commoner fashion, your highness.”

Ayluin rolled his eyes a bit at this. "I’m not a prince. Not anymore, especially here I am a commoner. And I prefer that." His voice wasn’t sharp, but it was clear he was getting weary from having to explain his choice to the bird over and over again. Turning away to end the topic there and then he looked at Erik and smiled. "Thank you Erik, it looks great. Once we can get Lugh to tell us how the other people braid their hair, maybe I can try to do it myself. I wouldn’t want to have to constantly bother you for a braid." His voice was calm but it was clear that he didn’t want to cause extra burdens for his friend. "Besides, you just did so much work on my hair, I would never undo it this quickly. What would you like to do? The whole day is free for me. And I would love to make this a good day for us both, or at least somewhat enjoyable for you as well."

User Image

[With : Erik and the birds] xxx

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:39 am
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, ғєвяυαяч ⑰тн

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④⑨⑦
( ① чєαя, ④ мσитнs, ⑫ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:45 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

In ye olden days, Erik might have been a touch embarrassed to be experimenting on the piano while Ay and Lugh could hear him, but he had grown familiar enough with them (or at least familiar enough with Ay) that he no longer feared judgment on this one tiny aspect of his life. The aspect in question was trying to convert a full band version of a song he had heard once into a solo piano version. His old teacher used to do that all of the time, and he could generally get it just right the very first time, but Erik wasn’t having nearly so much luck. Figures, the man had been a professional pianist and had been practicing for centuries whereas Erik had only a smattering of practice and even that had been many years ago. Still, it wasn’t as if there was anything else he needed to be doing at the moment. Things had gotten a bit less awkward between the bipeds, and of all things it was thanks to spending the day together on Valentine’s Day. None of that romantic couple s**t had gone down, fortunately, just doing random stuff that they both seemed to like. Well, mostly Erik had been teaching Ay some things, but Ay liked to learn and Erik liked to teach so it was all good. The tension seemed to have slacked off as well: no more did it feel like two magnets with the same polarity squashed in a tiny box, now they were just not charged. He had to wonder though if this new found truce would last once he started working long hours once again? Or maybe he wouldn’t work quite so many hours now that it seemed like a relationship couldn’t possibly blossom between them. Nah, the extra money was too alluring for him to give up.

None of that was here or there though as he unsuccessfully tried to manipulate the song. Even Kro had given up on him and had sought a perch on the other end of the room. It was as far as he could go without feeling like he was abandoning his post.

========================
Gang: Kro Relationship Status: Mateless Mood: Whatevs Observing Other Corvids: I know it is short...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:24 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

☆═━┈┈━═☆
My Letter of Introduction I Am A Dhampir Vocals: Sample My Residence: 1516 Lumiere Marital Status: Widower
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

It had been far too long since he last saw his dear friend Rhun. With the weather improving and the depressing holidays now behind them he figured it was about time to rectify that lapse. As was their wont, Rhun and he had decided upon taking a leisurely stroll, this time through the elf’s neighborhood. Pëllumb couldn’t say he had explored the area much, and it seemed only fair since Rhun had made the trip out to his home before and he had a car. Armin had dropped him off at his friend’s house and then had left to do who knows what, but Pëllumb was certain the ghoul was around somewhere keeping an eye on them. For someone who wasn’t a full vampire, Armin had an intimidating array of capabilities he used for the express purpose of tending to his master. It was sweet, but Pëllumb couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if Armin ever had to use his powers to fight.

”Still a touch chilly out,” he remarked to Rhun, ”but nothing a lovely stroll couldn’t fix, wouldn’t you say?” Click If permitted he would walk arm in arm with Rhun, thus they could guide each other if the need arose, but he would not push the matter for he knew perfectly well what it was like to strive for independence. ”I am glad you proposed a walk, these old bones could certainly use the exercise.” But also of late he had been in the mood of taking every opportunity he could to get out and explore. Click As they continued along the sidewalk, a sound arrested his attention. Click ”Might we pause a moment, if you please.” Now no longer having to focus on a mental map of the area, he listened deeply to the sounds coming from what he assumed was probably a house. Though the notes came only in spurts oft repeated, likely the result of someone trying to learn something new, there was a certain familiarity. ”I could be wrong, but I believe a friend of mine lives here. I haven’t heard from him in ages. Would you mind terribly if we pop in for a visit? I confess I’ve been worried about him for several years now.” Click Once Rhun acquiesced, he walked up to the door and gently knocked. Hopefully his hunch was correct and he was about to track down a dear family friend.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
My Associates: Rhun Wearing: Disposition: Hopeful Bloodlust: None Rumors of the Court: Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, I was kinda tired…
☆═━┈┈━═☆
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:39 am
User Image
User Image

While Erik was playing on the piano, Ayluin was doing some light chores like cleaning the living room. He didn’t mind at all that Erik was playing on the piano, in fact it was quite nice to hear the piano while he went about his cleaning. Perhaps not all notes were as wonderful, but the moonelf was glad to see that they were enjoying themselves again. After that day that he was told was called Valentine’s day, a lot of calm had returned as well. Not that they had been fighting or anything, far from it, but it had still felt like calm had been a long way off. Ayluin smiled a bit as he glanced at Erik behind the piano. This felt good again and he was glad for it. He had really missed their presence when they had been out to work so much.

With a light sigh he realized though that he still felt like there was a gap between them for some reason and he couldn’t tell why he felt that way. They seemed to be back to their usual ways. Ayluin didn’t really realize he was looking at them for a while until his attention was pulled away from his roommate as a knocking came from the door. The elf turned to look at the door in surprise. They didn’t expect any visitors that he knew of. It was a luck that he even heard the knocking thanks to his enhanced hearing that every elf seemed to possess. With another troubled glance at Erik’s back he walked to the door. It wasn’t like they needed to address it, it was nothing that caused any problems. Just an odd feeling of emptiness at times. Lugh on his turn had noticed too and the bird had tilted his head, but he was more curious about their visitors.

Flying over, the Lunar Phoenix landed on Ayluin’s shoulder and curiously waited for the door to be opened by his charge. The moonelf opened the door without even checking the spy hole that was there. It wasn’t like anyone would be crazy enough to raid a house in clear daylight. When the door opened, Ayluin blinked and stared at the two men at the door. They were an unexpected duo. His gaze went from one to the other before it rested a while on the other elf. They had a sort of…familiarity about them that he couldn’t place right away. Before the silence would continue on though he smiled at the two at the door. "Hello. Is there something I can help you with?" His voice was gentle and calm with a tinge of curiosity. He didn’t know these men so why were they here?

User Image

[With : Erik and the featherlords, two others] xxx

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:58 am
User Image
User Image

Rhun enjoyed the stroll through the neighborhood. It felt good to be outside again in better weather. It hadn’t stopped him from walking by himself, but there was a big difference depending on weather conditions and of course he hadn’t walked in rain or other stormy weather. The current breeze felt nice and he was once more spending time with a dear friend as well. The day had been a calm one so far. The usual daily stuff before he had walked to Pëllumb’s house before they returned to his own neighborhood. Naturally, he would be happy to invite his friend into his home, but for now they were enjoying the walk through the streets. He made sure to guide the other man well, as he knew his way around this area very well by now. Even though he couldn’t really see, when Pëllumb spoke, the highelf turned his head to look at them and smiled. "Indeed, it feels good to be on a stroll with you again my friend. And while still chilly as you say, the weather isn’t bad."

Rhun had accepted walking arm in arm, also because it would help him guide the other safely through the streets as well as possible. Of course they had their echolocation, but he still wasn’t entirely sure that worked on all items and hedges and the like. "It’s my pleasure." When Pëllumb asked if they could stop for a moment though, Rhun halted and soon also heard the sound of a piano not far from where they were standing. It surprised him, he hadn’t heard that piano in a while. Not that he ever found out who owned it. It wasn’t really his custom to go visiting random houses, but he didn’t see the harm in it. "Why not. Maybe I will meet a new neighbor."

Together they walked to the door and waited for it to open after his friend knocked on it. The sound of the piano was definitely a lot stronger here and it didn’t take long before the door opened. Rhun was about to say something when he stopped himself as he registered the person’s aura once they opened the door. He could be wrong but they had an energy he hadn’t felt since he left Saela. He wasn’t quite sure who he was dealing with, perhaps another highelf, but their trace was powerful. As if it had been a prominent presence back in the elven city. As a result he forgot to even speak up when the person spoke. It was a familiar voice, that was for sure. And he could register a second distinct energy from the same person, not an elf as it was much too small and it seemed to be about shoulder height for him.

[Voice Claim : Crystal Exarch]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Saelion Residence] xxx

[With : Pëllumb, a familiar person and perhaps another] xxx

"Rhun Speaking"

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

’THOUGHTS’