Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:53 am
Judges
Chapter 15
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 But it came to passe within a while after, in the time of wheat haruest, that Samson visited his wife with a kid, and he said, I will goe in to my wife into the chamber. But her father would not suffer him to goe in.

2 And her father saide, I verily thought that thou haddest vtterly hated her, therfore I gaue her to thy companion: is not her younger sister fairer then she? take her, I pray thee, in stead of her.

3 ¶ And Samson said concerning them, Now shal I be more blamelesse then the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure.

4 And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and tooke firebrands, and turned taile to taile, and put a firebrand in the midst betweene two tailes.

5 And when hee had set the brands on fire, he let them goe into the standing corne of the Philistines, and burnt vp both the shockes, and also the standing corne, with the vineyards and oliues.

6 ¶ Then the Philistines saide, Who hath done this? and they answered, Samson the sonne in law of the Timnite, because hee had taken his wife, and giuen her to his companion. And the Philistines came vp, and burnt her and her father with fire.

7 ¶ And Samson said vnto them, Though ye haue done this, yet will I be auenged of you, and after that, I wil cease.

8 And he smote them hip and thigh, with a great slaughter; and hee went down and dwelt in the top of the rocke Etam.

9 ¶ Then the Philistines went vp, and pitched in Iudah, and spread themselues in Lehi.

10 And the men of Iudah said, Why are ye come vp against vs? and they answered, To bind Samson are we come vp, to doe to him, as he hath done to vs.

11 Then three thousand men of Iudah went to the top of the rocke Etam, and sayd to Samson; Knowest thou not that the Philistines are rulers ouer vs? What is this that thou hast done vnto vs? And he said vnto them, As they did vnto me, so haue I done vnto them.

12 And they said vnto him, Wee are come downe to binde thee, that we may deliuer thee into the hand of the Philistines. And Samson said vnto them, Sweare vnto me, that yee will not fall vpon me your selues.

13 And they spake vnto him, saying; No: but wee will binde thee fast, and deliuer thee into their hand: but surely we will not kill thee. And they bound him with two new cordes, and brought him vp from the rocke.

14 ¶ And when he came vnto Lehi, the Philistines shouted against him: and the Spirit of the Lord came mightily vpon him, and the cordes that were vpon his armes became as flaxe that was burnt with fire, & his bands loosed from off his hands.

15 And he found a new iawbone of an asse, and put foorth his hand, and tooke it, and slewe a thousand men therewith.

16 And Samson said, With the iawbone of an asse, heapes vpon heapes, with the iaw of an asse haue I slaine a thousand men.

17 And it came to passe when he had made an end of speaking, that hee cast away the iaw bone out of his hand, and called that place Ramath-Lehi.

18 ¶ And hee was sore athirst, and called on the Lord, and said, Thou hast giuen this great deliuerance into the hand of thy seruant: and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the vncircumcised?

19 But God claue an hollow place that was in the iawe, and there came water thereout, & when he had drunke, his spirit came againe, and he reuiued: wherefore hee called the name thereof En-hakkore, which is in Lehi, vnto this day:

20 And he iudged Israel in the dayes of the Philistines twentie yeeres.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:43 am
Judges
Chapter 16

1 Then went Samson to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in vnto her.

2 And it was told the Gazites, saying, Samson is come hither. And they compassed him in, and layd wait for him all night in the gate of the citie, and were quiet all the night, saying, In the morning when it is day, we shall kill him.

3 And Samson lay till midnight, and arose at midnight, and tooke the doores of the gate of the city, and the two posts, and went away with them, barre and all, and put them vpon his shoulders, and caried them vp to the toppe of an hill that is before Hebron.

4 ¶ And it came to passe afterward, that he loued a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah.

5 And the lords of the Philistines came vp vnto her, and said vnto her, Entice him, and see wherein his great strength lieth, and by what meanes we may preuaile against him, that we may bind him, to afflict him: and we will giue thee euery one of vs, eleuen hundreth pieces of siluer.

6 ¶ And Delilah said to Samson, Tel me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lyeth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound, to afflict thee.

7 And Samson said vnto her, If they binde mee with seuen greene withs, that were neuer dried, then shall I be weake, and be as another man.

8 Then the lords of the Philistines brought vp to her seuen greene withs, which had not bene dried, & she bound him with them.

9 Now there were men lying in wait, abiding with her in the chamber: and she said vnto him, The Philistines be vpon thee, Samson. And he brake the withs, as a threed of tow is broken, when it toucheth the fire: so his strength was not knowen.

10 And Delilah said vnto Samson, Behold, thou hast mocked me, and told mee lies: now tell mee, I pray thee, wherewith thou mightest be bound.

11 And he said vnto her, If they bind me fast with newe ropes that neuer were occupied, then shall I bee weake, and be as another man.

12 Delilah therfore tooke new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said vnto him, The Philistines be vpon thee, Samson. (And there were liers in wait abiding in the chamber.) and hee brake them from off his armes, like a threed.

13 And Delilah said vnto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said vnto her, If thou weauest the seuen lockes of my head with the web.

14 And she fastened it with the pinne, and said vnto him, The Philistines be vpon thee, Samson. And hee awaked out of his sleepe, and went away with the pinne of the beame, & with the web.

15 ¶ And shee said vnto him, How canst thou say, I loue thee, when thine heart is not with mee? Thou hast mocked mee these three times, and hast not told me wherin thy great strength lieth.

16 And it came to passe, when she pressed him daily with her wordes, and vrged him so that his soule was vexed vnto death,

17 That he told her all his heart, and said vnto her, There hath not come a rasor vpon mine head: for I haue bene a Nazarite vnto God from my mothers wombe: If I bee shauen, then my strength will goe from me, and I shall become weake, and bee like any other man.

18 And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the Lords of the Philistines, saying, Come vp this once, for hee hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came vp vnto her, & brought money in their hand.

19 And she made him sleepe vpon her knees, and she called for a man, and she caused him to shaue off the seuen lockes of his head, and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.

20 And she said, The Philistines be vpon thee, Samson. And hee awoke out of his sleepe, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake my selfe. And he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.

21 ¶ But the Philistines tooke him and put out his eyes, and brought him downe to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brasse, and he did grind in the prison house.

22 Howbeit, the haire of his head began to grow againe, after he was shauen.

23 Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together, for to offer a great sacrifice vnto Dagon their god, and to reioyce: for they said, Our god hath deliuered Samson our enemy into our hand.

24 And when the people saw him, they praised their god: for they said, Our god hath deliuered into our hands our enemy, and the destroyer of our countrey, which slew many of vs.

25 And it came to passe when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that hee may make vs sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house, and he made them sport, and they set him betweene the pillars.

26 And Samson said vnto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer mee, that I may feele the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may leane vpon them.

27 Now the house was full of men and women, and all the lords of the Philistines were there: and there were vpon the roofe about three thousand men and women, that behelde while Samson made sport.

28 And Samson called vnto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, & strengthen mee, I pray thee, onely this once, O God, that I may be at once auenged of the Philistines, for my two eyes.

29 And Samson tooke hold of the two middle pillars, vpon which the house stood, and on which it was borne vp, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.

30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines: & he bowed himselfe with all his might: and the house fel vpon the lords, and vpon all the people that were therein: so the dead which he slew at his death, were moe, then they which he slew in his life.

31 Then his brethren, and all the house of his father, came downe, and tooke him, and brought him vp, and buried him betweene Zorah and Eshtaol, in the burying place of Manoah his father: and hee iudged Israel twentie yeeres.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:46 am
Judges
Chapter 17

1 And there was a man of mount Ephraim, whose name was Micah.

2 And he said vnto his mother, The eleuen hundred shekels of siluer, that were taken from thee, about which thou cursedst, and spakest of also in mine eares, behold, the siluer is with mee, I tooke it. And his mother said, Blessed be thou of the Lord, my sonne.

3 And when hee had restored the eleuen hundred shekels of siluer to his mother, his mother said, I had wholly dedicated the siluer vnto the Lord, from my hand, for my sonne, to make a grauen image and a molten image: now therefore I will restore it vnto thee.

4 Yet hee restored the money vnto his mother, and his mother tooke two hundred shekels of siluer, and gaue them to the founder, who made thereof a grauen image and a molten image, and they were in the house of Micah.

5 And the man Micah had an house of gods, and made an Ephod, and Teraphim, and consecrated one of his sonnes, who became his Priest.

6 In those dayes there was no king in Israel, but euery man did that which was right in his owne eyes.

7 ¶ And there was a young man out of Bethlehem Iudah, of the family of Iudah, who was a Leuite, and he soiourned there.

8 And the man departed out of the citie from Bethlehem Iudah, to soiourne where he could finde a place: and he came to mount Ephraim to the house of Micah, as he iourneyed.

9 And Micah said vnto him, Whence commest thou? And he said vnto him, I am a Leuite, of Bethlehem Iudah, and I goe to soiourne where I may finde a place.

10 And Micah said vnto him, Dwell with me, and be vnto me a father and a Priest, and I will giue thee ten shekels of siluer by the yeere, and a suite of apparell, and thy victuals. So the Leuite went in.

11 And the Leuite was content to dwell with the man, and the yong man was vnto him as one of his sonnes.

12 And Micah consecrated the Leuite, and the young man became his Priest, and was in the house of Micah.

13 Then said Micah, Now know I that the Lord will doe me good, seeing I haue a Leuite to my Priest.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:53 am
Judges
Chapter 18

1 In those dayes there was no king in Israel: and in those daies the tribe of the Danites sought them an inheritance to dwel in: for vnto that day, all their inheritance had not fallen vnto them, among the tribes of Israel.

2 And the children of Dan sent of their family, fiue men from their coasts, men of valour, from Zorah, and from Eshtaol, to spy out the land, and to search it, and they said vnto them, Goe, search the land: Who when they came to mount Ephraim, to the house of Micah, they lodged there.

3 When they were by the house of Micah, they knew the voice of the yong man the Leuite: and they turned in thither, & said vnto him, Who brought thee hither? And what makest thou in this place? and what hast thou here?

4 And hee said vnto them, Thus and thus dealeth Micah with me, and hath hired me, and I am his Priest.

5 And they sayd vnto him, Aske counsell, we pray thee, of God, that we may know, whether our way which we goe, shall be prosperous.

6 And the Priest said vnto them, Goe in peace: before the Lord is your way wherein ye goe.

7 ¶ Then the fiue men departed, and came to Laish, and saw the people that were therein, how they dwelt carelesse, after the maner of the Zidonians, quiet and secure, and there was no magistrate in the land that might put them to shame in any thing, and they were farre from the Zidonians, and had no businesse with any man.

8 And they came vnto their brethren to Zorah, and Eshtaol: and their brethren said vnto them, What say yee?

9 And they said, Arise, that we may goe vp against them: for we haue seene the land, and behold, it is very good: and are ye still? Bee not slothfull to goe, and to enter to possesse the land.

10 When ye goe, ye shall come vnto a people secure, and to a large land: for God hath giuen it into your handes: a place where there is no want of any thing, that is in the earth.

11 ¶ And there went from thence of the family of the Danites out of Zorah, and out of Eshtaol, sixe hundred men, appoynted with weapons of warre.

12 And they went vp, and pitched in Kiriath-iearim, in Iudah: Wherefore they called that place Mahaneh-Dan, vnto this day: behold, it is behinde Kiriath-iearim.

13 And they passed thence vnto mount Ephraim, and came vnto the house of Micah.

14 ¶ Then answered the fiue men that went to spie out the countrey of Laish, and saide vnto their brethren, Doe ye know that there is in these houses an Ephod, and Teraphim, and a grauen image, and a molten image? Now therefore consider what ye haue to doe.

15 And they turned thitherward, and came to the house of the yong man the Leuite, euen vnto the house of Micah, and saluted him.

16 And the six hundred men appointed with their weapons of war, which were of the children of Dan, stood by the entring of the gate.

17 And the fiue men that went to spie out the land, went vp and came in thither, and tooke the grauen image, and the Ephod, and the Teraphim, and the molten image: and the Priest stood in the entring of the gate, with the sixe hundreth men that were appointed with weapons of warre.

18 And these went into Micahs house, and fetched the carued image, the Ephod, and the Teraphim, and the molten image: then said the Priest vnto them, What doe ye?

19 And they said vnto him, Hold thy peace, lay thine hand vpon thy mouth, and goe with vs, and bee to vs a father and a Priest: Is it better for thee to bee a Priest vnto the house of one man, or that thou be a Priest vnto a tribe and a family in Israel?

20 And the Priests heart was glad, and he tooke the Ephod, and the Teraphim, and the grauen image, and went in the middest of the people.

21 So they turned, and departed, and put the little ones, and the cattell, and the cariage before them.

22 ¶ And when they were a good way from the house of Micah, the men that were in the houses neere to Micahs house, were gathered together, and ouertooke the children of Dan.

23 And they cried vnto the children of Dan: and they turned their faces, and said vnto Micah, What aileth thee, that thou commest with such a company?

24 And he said, Yee haue taken away my gods which I made, and the Priest, and ye are gone away: and what haue I more? and what is this that yee say vnto me, What aileth thee?

25 And the children of Dan said vnto him, Let not thy voyce bee heard among vs, lest angry fellowes run vpon thee, and thou lose thy life, with the liues of thy houshold.

26 And the children of Dan went their way: and when Micah sawe that they were too strong for him, he turned and went backe vnto his house.

27 And they tooke the things which Micah had made, and the Priest which hee had, and came vnto Laish, vnto a people that were at quiet, and secure, and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and burnt the citie with fire.

28 And there was no deliuerer, because it was farre from Zidon, and they had no businesse with any man: and it was in the valley that lieth by Beth-rehob, and they built a citie, and dwelt therein.

29 And they called the name of the city, Dan, after the name of Dan their father, who was borne vnto Israel: howbeit the name of the citie was Laish at the first.

30 ¶ And the children of Dan set vp the grauen image: and Ionathan the sonne of Gershom, the sonne of Manasseh, hee and his sonnes, were Priests to the tribe of Dan, vntill the day of the captiuitie of the land.

31 And they set them vp Micahs grauen image, which hee made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:02 am
Judges
Chapter 19

1 And it came to passe in those dayes, when there was no King in Israel, that there was a certaine Leuite soiourning on the side of mount Ephraim, who tooke to him a concubine out of Bethlehem Iudah.

2 And his concubine played the whore against him, and went away from him vnto her fathers house to Bethlehem Iudah, and was there foure whole moneths.

3 And her husband arose, and went after her to speake friendly vnto her, and to bring her againe, hauing his seruant with him, and a couple of asses: and shee brought him into her fathers house, and when the father of the damsell saw him, he reioyced to meet him.

4 And his father in law, the damosels father, reteined him, and hee abode with him three dayes: so they did eate and drinke, and lodged there.

5 ¶ And it came to passe on the fourth day, when they arose earely in the morning, that he rose vp to depart: and the damosels father saide vnto his sonne in lawe, Comfort thine heart with a morsell of bread, and afterward goe your way.

6 And they sate downe, and did eat and drinke both of them together: for the damosels father had saide vnto the man, Be content, I pray thee, and tary all night, and let thine heart be merrie.

7 And when the man rose vp to depart, his father in law vrged him: therfore he lodged there againe.

8 And hee arose early in the morning on the fift day to depart, and the damosels father sayd, Comfort thine heart, I pray thee. And they taried vntill after noone, and they did eate both of them.

9 And when the man rose vp to depart, hee and his concubine, and his seruant; his father in law, the damsels father, said vnto him, Behold, now the day draweth towardes euening, I pray you tarie all night: behold, the day groweth to an ende, lodge heere, that thine heart may be merrie; and to morrow get you early on your way, that thou mayest goe home.

10 But the man would not tary that night, but he rose vp and departed, and came ouer against Iebus (which is Ierusalem smile and there were with him two asses sadled, his concubine also was with him.

11 And when they were by Iebus, the day was farre spent, and the seruant said vnto his master, Come, I pray thee, and let vs turne in into this citie of the Iebusites, and lodge in it.

12 And his master said vnto him, We will not turne aside hither into the citie of a stranger, that is not of the children of Israel, we will passe ouer to Gibeah.

13 And hee sayde vnto his seruant, Come, and let vs draw neere to one of these places to lodge all night, in Gibeah, or in Ramah.

14 And they passed on and went their way, and the sunne went downe vpon them when they were by Gibeah, which belongeth to Beniamin.

15 And they turned aside thither, to go in and to lodge in Gibeah: and when he went in, he sate him downe in a street of the citie: for there was no man that tooke them into his house to lodging.

16 ¶ And behold, there came an olde man from his worke out of the field at euen, which was also of mount Ephraim; and hee soiourned in Gibeah, but the men of the place were Beniamites.

17 And when he had lift vp his eyes, he saw a wayfaring man in the streete of the citie: and the old man said, Whither goest thou? and whence commest thou?

18 And he said vnto him, We are passing from Bethlehem Iudah, toward the side of mount Ephraim, from thence am I: and I went to Bethlehem Iudah, but I am now going to the house of the Lord, and there is no man that receiueth me to house.

19 Yet there is both straw and prouender for our asses, and there is bread and wine also for me and for thy handmaid, and for the young man which is with thy seruants: there is no want of any thing.

20 And the olde man said, Peace be with thee; howsoeuer, let all thy wants lie vpon me; only lodge not in the street.

21 So he brought him into his house, and gaue prouender vnto the asses: and they washed their feet, and did eate and drinke.

22 ¶ Now as they were making their hearts merrie, behold, the men of the citie, certaine sonnes of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the doore, and spake to the master of the house, the olde man, saying; Bring foorth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

23 And the man, the master of the house, went out vnto them, and said vnto them, Nay my brethren, nay, I pray you doe not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, doe not this folly.

24 Behold, here is my daughter, a maiden, and his concubine, them I wil bring out now, and humble yee them, and doe with them what seemeth good vnto you: but vnto this man doe not so vile a thing.

25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man tooke his concubine, and brought her foorth vnto them, and they knew her, and abused her all the night vntil the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her goe.

26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell downe at the doore of the mans house, where her lord was, till it was light.

27 And her lord rose vp in the morning, & opened the doores of the house, and went out to goe his way: and behold, the woman his concubine was fallen downe at the doore of the house, and her hands were vpon the threshold.

28 And he said vnto her, Up, and let vs be going. But none answered: then the man tooke her vp vpon an asse, and the man rose vp, and gate him vnto his place.

29 ¶ And when he was come into his house, hee tooke a knife, and layd hold on his concubine, and diuided her, together with her bones, into twelue pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

30 And it was so that all that saw it, said, There was no such deed done nor seene, from the day that the children of Israel came vp out of the land of Egypt, vnto this day: consider of it, take aduise, and speake your mindes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:57 am
Judges
Chapter 20

1 Then all the children of Israel went out, and the Congregation was gathered together as one man, from Dan euen to Beer-sheba, with the land of Gilead, vnto the Lord in Mizpeh.

2 And the chiefe of al the people, euen of all the tribes of Israel, presented themselues in the assembly of the people of God, foure hundred thousand footmen that drew sword.

3 (Now the children of Beniamin heard that the children of Israel were gone vp to Mizpeh.) Then said the children of Israel, Tell vs, how was this wickednesse?

4 And the Leuite the husband of the woman that was slaine, answered and said, I came into Gibeah that belongeth to Beniamin, I and my concubine, to lodge.

5 And the men of Gibeah rose against me, and beset the house round about vpon me by night, and thought to haue slaine mee, and my concubine haue they forced that she is dead.

6 And I tooke my concubine, and cut her in pieces, and sent her throughout all the countrey of the inheritance of Israel: for they haue committed lewdnesse and folly in Israel.

7 Behold, ye are all children of Israel, giue here your aduise and counsell.

8 ¶ And all the people arose as one man, saying, We will not any of vs goe to his tent, neither will wee any of vs turne into his house:

9 But now, this shall bee the thing which we will doe to Gibeah, we will goe vp by lot against it:

10 And we wil take ten men of a hundred throughout all the tribes of Israel, and an hundred of a thousand, and a thousand out of ten thousand, to fetch victuall for the people, that they may doe, when they come to Gibeah of Beniamin, according to all the folly that they haue wrought in Israel.

11 So all the men of Israel were gathered against the citie, knit together as one man.

12 ¶ And the tribes of Israel sent men thorow all the tribe of Beniamin, saying, What wickednesse is this that is done among you?

13 Now therfore deliuer vs the men, the children of Belial which are in Gibeah, that wee may put them to death, and put away euill from Israel: but the children of Beniamin would not hearken to the voice of their brethren the children of Israel.

14 But the children of Beniamin gathered themselues together out of the cities, vnto Gibeah, to goe out to battell against the children of Israel.

15 And the children of Beniamin were numbred at that time out of the cities, twentie and sixe thousand men that drew sword, beside the inhabitants of Gibeah, which were numbred seuen hundred chosen men.

16 Among all this people there were seuen hundred chosen men left handed, euery one could sling stones at an haire breadth, and not misse.

17 And the men of Israel, beside Beniamin, were numbred foure hundred thousand men that drewe sword; all these were men of warre.

18 ¶ And the children of Israel arose, and went vp to the house of God, and asked counsell of God, and saide, Which of vs shall goe vp first to the battell against the children of Beniamin? And the Lord said, Iudah shall goe vp first.

19 And the children of Israel rose vp in the morning, and encamped against Gibeah.

20 And the men of Israel went out to battell against Beniamin, and the men of Israel put themselues in aray to fight against them at Gibeah.

21 And the children of Beniamin came forth out of Gibeah, and destroied downe to the ground of the Israelites that day, twenty & two thousand men.

22 And the people the men of Israel incouraged themselues, & set their battel againe in aray, in the place where they put themselues in aray the first day.

23 (And the children of Israel went vp and wept before the Lord vntill Euen, and asked counsel of the Lord, saying, Shall I goe vp againe to battell against the children of Beniamin my brother? And the Lord saide, Goe vp against him.)

24 And the children of Israel came neere against the children of Beniamin, the second day.

25 And Beniamin went foorth against them out of Gibeah the second day, & destroyed down to the ground of the children of Israel againe, eighteene thousand men, all these drew the sword.

26 ¶ Then all the children of Israel, and all the people went vp, and came vnto the house of God, and wept, and sate there before the Lord, and fasted that day vntill Euen, and offered burnt offerings, and peace offerings before the Lord.

27 And the children of Israel enquired of the Lord, (for the Arke of þe couenant of God was there in those daies,

28 And Phinehas the sonne of Eleazar the sonne of Aaron stood before it in those dayes.) saying; Shall I yet againe goe out to battel against the children of Beniamin my brother, or shall I cease? And the Lord said, Goe vp; for to morrow I will deliuer them into thine hand.

29 And Israel set lyers in waite round about Gibeah.

30 And the children of Israel went vp against the children of Beniamin on the third day, and put themselues in aray against Gibeah, as at other times.

31 And the children of Beniamin went out against the people, and were drawen away from the citie, and they began to smite of the people and kill as at other times, in the high wayes, of which one goeth vp to the house of God, and the other to Gibeah in the field, about thirtie men of Israel.

32 And the children of Beniamin said, They are smitten downe before vs, as at the first: But the children of Israel said, Let vs flee, and draw them from the citie, vnto the high wayes.

33 And all the men of Israel rose vp out of their place, and put themselues in aray at Baal Tamar: and the lyers in waite of Israel came foorth out of their places, euen out of the medowes of Gibeah.

34 And there came against Gibeah ten thousand chosen men, out of all Israel, and the battell was sore: but they knew not that euill was neere them.

35 And the Lord smote Beniamin before Israel, and the children of Israel destroyed of the Beniamites that day, twentie and fiue thousand, and an hundred men; all these drew the sword.

36 So the children of Beniamin saw that they were smitten: for the men of Israel gaue place to the Beniamites, because they trusted vnto the lyers in wait, which they had set beside Gibeah.

37 And the liers in wait hasted, and rushed vpon Gibeah, and the liers in wait drew themselues along, and smote all the citie with the edge of the sword.

38 Nowe there was an appointed signe between the men of Israel and the liers in wait, that they should make a great flame with smoke rise vp out of the citie.

39 And when the men of Israel retired in the battell, Beniamin began to smite and kill of the men of Israel about thirtie persons; for they saide, Surely they are smitten downe before vs, as in the first battell.

40 But when the flame began to arise vp out of the citie, with a pillar of smoke, the Beniamites looked behind them, and behold, the flame of the citie ascended vp to heauen.

41 And when the men of Israel turned againe, the men of Beniamin were amased; for they saw that euill was come vpon them.

42 Therefore they turned their backs before the men of Israel, vnto þe way of the wildernes, but the battel ouertooke them: & them which came out of the cities, they destroyed in the midst of them.

43 Thus they inclosed the Beniamites round about, and chased them, and trode them downe with ease ouer against Gibeah toward the sunne rising.

44 And there fell of Beniamin eighteene thousand men; all these were men of valour.

45 And they turned and fled toward the wildernesse vnto the rocke of Rimmon: and they gleaned of them in the high wayes fiue thousand men: and pursued hard after them vnto Gidom, and slew two thousand men of them.

46 So that all which fell that day of Beniamin, were twentie and fiue thousand men that drew the sword; all these were men of valour.

47 But sixe hundred men turned and fledde to the wildernesse vnto the rocke Rimmon, and abode in the rocke Rimmon foure moneths.

48 And the men of Israel turned againe vpon the children of Beniamin, and smote them with the edge of the sword, as well the men of euery citie, as the beast, and all that came to hand: also they set on fire all the cities that they came to.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:32 am
Judges
Chapter 21

1 Nowe the men of Israel had sworne in Mizpeh, saying, There shall not any of vs giue his daughter vnto Beniamin to wife.

2 And the people came to the house of God, and abode there till euen before God, and lift vp their voices, and wept sore:

3 And said, O Lord God of Israel, why is this come to passe in Israel, that there should bee to day one tribe lacking in Israel?

4 And it came to passe on the morrow, that the people rose early, and built there an Altar, and offered burnt offerings, and peace offerings.

5 And the children of Israel sayd, Who is there among all the tribes of Israel, that came not vp with the congregation vnto the Lord ? for they had made a great oath concerning him that came not vp to the Lord to Mizpeh, saying, He shall surely be put to death.

6 And the children of Israel repented them for Beniamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day:

7 How shall wee doe for wiues for them that remaine, seeing wee haue sworne by the Lord, that wee will not giue them of our daughters to wiues?

8 ¶ And they said, What one is there of the tribes of Israel, that came not vp to Mizpeh to the Lord ? And beholde, there came none to the campe from Iabesh Gilead to the assembly.

9 For the people were numbred, and behold, there were none of the inhabitants of Iabesh Gilead there.

10 And the congregation sent thither twelue thousand men of the valiantest, and commaunded them, saying, Goe, and smite the inhabitants of Iabesh Gilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.

11 And this is the thing that yee shall doe, Yee shall vtterly destroy euery male, and euery woman that hath lien by man.

12 And they found among the inhabitants of Iabesh Gilead, foure hundred yong virgins that had knowen no man, by lying with any male: and they brought them vnto the campe to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

13 And the whole Congregation sent some to speake to the children of Beniamin that were in the rocke Rimmon, and to call peaceably vnto them.

14 And Beniamin came againe at that time, and they gaue them wiues which they had saued aliue of the women of Iabesh Gilead: and yet so they sufficed them not.

15 And the people repented them for Beniamin, because that the Lord had made a breach in the tribes of Israel.

16 ¶ Then the Elders of the Congregation said, How shall we doe for wiues for them that remaine? seeing the women are destroyed out of Beniamin.

17 And they said, There must be an inheritance for them that bee escaped of Beniamin, that a tribe be not destroyed out of Israel.

18 Howbeit wee may not giue them wiues of our daughters. For the children of Israel haue sworne, saying, Cursed be he that giueth a wife to Beniamin.

19 Then they said, Behold, there is a feast of the Lord in Shiloh yerely, in a place which is on the Northside of Bethel on the East side of the hie way that goeth vp from Bethel to Shechem, and on the South of Lebanon.

20 Therefore they commanded the children of Beniamin, saying, Goe and lie in wait in the vineyards.

21 And see, and behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to daunce in daunces, then come yee out of the vineyards, and catch you euery man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and goe to the land of Beniamin.

22 And it shall bee when their fathers or their brethren come vnto vs to complaine, that we will say vnto them, Bee fauourable vnto them for our sakes: because we reserued not to each man his wife in the warre: for yee did not giue vnto them at this time, that you should be guiltie.

23 And the children of Beniamin did so, and tooke them wiues according to their number, of them that daunced, whome they caught: and they went and returned vnto their inheritance, and repaired the cities, and dwelt in them.

24 And the children of Israel departed thence at that time, euery man to his tribe, and to his family, and they went out from thence euery man to his inheritance.

25 In those dayes there was no King in Israel: euery man did that which was right in his owne eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 am
Ruth
Chapter 1

1 Nowe it came to passe in the dayes when þe Iudges ruled, that there was a famine in the land: and a certaine man of Bethlehem Iudah, went to soiourne in the countrey of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sonnes.

2 And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife, Naomi, and the name of his two sonnes, Mahlon, and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehem Iudah: and they came into the countrey of Moab, and continued there.

3 And Elimelech Naomies husband died, and shee was left, and her two sonnes;

4 And they tooke them wiues of the women of Moab: the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there about ten yeeres.

5 And Mahlon and Chilion died also both of them, and the woman was left of her two sonnes, and her husband.

6 ¶ Then shee arose with her daughters in law, that shee might returne from the countrey of Moab: for shee had heard in the countrey of Moab, how that the Lord had visited his people, in giuing them bread.

7 Wherefore she went foorth out of the place where she was, and her two daughters in law with her: and they went on the way to returne vnto the land of Iudah.

8 Aud Naomi said vnto her two daughters in law, Goe, returne each to her mothers house: the Lord deale kindly with you, as ye haue dealt with the dead, and with me.

9 The Lord graunt you, that you may finde rest each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them, and they lift vp their voyce and wept.

10 And they said vnto her, Surely wee will returne with thee, vnto thy people.

11 And Naomi said, Turne againe, my daughters: why will you goe with mee? Are there yet any moe sonnes in my wombe, that they may be your husbands?

12 Turne againe, my daughters, go your way, for I am too old to haue an husband: if I should say, I haue hope, if I should haue a husband also to night, and should also beare sonnes:

13 Would ye tary for them till they were growen? would ye stay for them from hauing husbands? nay my daughters: for it grieueth me much for your sakes, that the hand of the Lord is gone out against me.

14 And they lift vp their voyce, and wept againe: and Orpah kissed her mother in law, but Ruth claue vnto her.

15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone backe vnto her people, and vnto her gods: returne thou after thy sister in law.

16 And Ruth said, Intreate mee not to leaue thee, or to returne from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will goe; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

17 Where thou diest, wil I die, and there will I bee buried: the Lord doe so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

18 When shee sawe that shee was stedfastly minded to goe with her, then shee left speaking vnto her.

19 ¶ So they two went vntill they came to Bethlehem: And it came to passe when they were come to Bethlehem, that all the citie was mooued about them, and they said, Is this Naomi?

20 And she said vnto them, Call me not Naomi; call mee Mara: for the Almightie hath dealt very bitterly with me.

21 I went out full, and the Lord hath bought me home againe emptie: Why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the Lord hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me?

22 So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabitesse her daughter in law with her, which returned out of the countrey of Moab: and they came to Bethlehem, in the beginning of barley haruest.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 am
Ruth
Chapter 2

1 And Naomi had a kinseman of her husbands, a mighty man of wealth, of the familie of Elimelech, and his name was Boaz.

2 And Ruth the Moabitesse saide vnto Naomi, Let me now goe to the field, and gleane eares of corne after him, in whose sight I shall finde grace. And shee saide vnto her, Goe, my daughter.

3 And she went, and came, and gleaned in the field after the reapers: and her happe was to light on a part of the fielde belonging vnto Boaz, who was of the kinred of Elimelech.

4 ¶ And behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said vnto the reapers, The Lord bee with you; and they answered him, The Lord blesse thee.

5 Then said Boaz vnto his seruant, that was set ouer the reapers, Whose damosell is this?

6 And the seruaunt that was set ouer the reapers, answered and said, It is the Moabitish damosell that came backe with Naomi out of the countrey of Moab:

7 And she said, I pray you, let mee gleane and gather after the reapers amongst the sheaues: so shee came, and hath continued euen from the morning vntill now, that she taried a little in the house.

8 Then said Boaz vnto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Goe not to gleane in another field, neither goe from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens.

9 Let thine eyes be on the field that they doe reape, and go thou after them: Haue I not charged the young men, that they shall not touch thee? and when thou art athirst, goe vnto the vessels, and drinke of that which the yong men haue drawen.

10 Then she fel on her face, and bowed her selfe to the ground, and said vnto him, Why haue I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?

11 And Boaz answered and said vnto her, It hath fully bene shewed me, all that thou hast done vnto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy natiuitie, and art come vnto a people, which thou knewest not heretofore.

12 The Lord recompense thy worke, and a full reward be giuen thee of the Lord God of Israel, vnder whose wings thou art come to trust.

13 Then she said, Let me finde fauour in thy sight, my lord, for that thou hast comforted mee, and for that thou hast spoken friendly vnto thine handmaid, though I be not like vnto one of thy hand-maidens.

14 And Boaz sayde vnto her, At meale time come thou hither, and eate of the bread, and dip thy morsell in the vineger. And shee sate beside the reapers: and he reached her parched corne, and she did eate, and was sufficed, and left.

15 And when shee was risen vp to gleane, Boaz commanded his young men, saying, Let her gleane euen among the sheaues, & reproch her not.

16 And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leaue them that she may gleane them, and rebuke her not.

17 So she gleaned in the field vntill euen, and beat out that she had gleaned: and it was about an Ephah of barley.

18 ¶ And shee tooke it vp, and went into the citie: and her mother in lawe saw what shee had gleaned; and shee brought foorth, and gaue to her that she had reserued, after she was sufficed.

19 And her mother in law said vnto her, Where hast thou gleaned to day? and where wroughtest thou? blessed be hee that did take knowledge of thee. And shee shewed her mother in lawe with whom shee had wrought, and said, The mans name with whom I wrought to day, is Boaz.

20 And Naomi said vnto her daughter in law, Blessed be he of the Lord, who hath not left off his kindnesse to the liuing and to the dead. And Naomi said vnto her, The man is neere of kin vnto vs, one of our next kinsemen.

21 And Ruth the Moabitesse said, He said vnto me also, Thou shalt keepe fast by my yong men, vntill they haue ended all my haruest.

22 And Naomi said vnto Ruth her daughter in law, It is good, my daughter, that thou goe out with his maidens, that they meete thee not in any other field.

23 So shee kept fast by the maidens of Boaz to gleane, vnto the end of barley haruest, and of wheat haruest, and dwelt with her mother in law.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:32 am
Ruth
Chapter 3

1 Then Naomi her mother in law said vnto her, My daughter, shal I not seeke rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?

2 And now is not Boaz of our kinred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshing floore.

3 Wash thy selfe therefore, and annoint thee, and put thy raiment vpon thee, and get thee downe to the floore: but make not thy selfe knowen vnto the man, vntill hee shall haue done eating and drinking.

4 And it shall be when hee lieth downe, that thou shalt marke the place where hee shall lie, and thou shalt goe in, and vncouer his feete, and lay thee downe, and he will tell thee what thou shalt doe.

5 And shee said vnto her, All that thou sayest vnto me, I will doe.

6 ¶ And she went downe vnto the floore, and did according to all that her mother in law bade her.

7 And when Boaz had eaten and drunke, and his heart was merrie, hee went to lie downe at the ende of the heape of corne: and she came softly, and vncouered his feet, and laid her downe.

8 ¶ And it came to passe at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himselfe: and behold, a woman lay at his feete.

9 And hee said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt ouer thine handmaid, for thou art a neare kinseman.

10 And hee said, Blessed be thou of the Lord, my daughter: for thou hast shewed more kindnesse in the latter ende, then at the beginning, in as much as thou followedst not yong men, whether poore, or rich.

11 And now my daughter, feare not, I will doe to thee all that thou requirest: for all the citie of my people doeth know, that thou art a vertuous woman.

12 And now it is true, that I am thy neare kinseman: howbeit there is a kinseman nearer then I.

13 Tary this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if hee will performe vnto thee the part of a kinseman, well, let him doe the kinsemans part; but if hee will not doe the part of a kinseman to thee, then will I doe the part of a kinseman to thee, as the Lord liueth: lie downe vntill the morning.

14 ¶ And shee lay at his feete vntill the morning: and she rose vp before one could know another. And he said, Let it not be knowen, that a woman came into the floore.

15 Also he said, Bring the vaile that thou hast vpon thee, and holde it. And when she helde it, he measured sixe measures of barley, and laide it on her: and he went into the citie.

16 And when shee came to her mother in law, she said, Who art thou, my daughter? and she tolde her all that the man had done to her.

17 And she said, These sixe measures of barley gaue he me, for he said to me, Go not emptie vnto thy mother in law.

18 Then said she, Sit still, my daughter, vntill thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, vntil he haue finished the thing this day.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:28 am
Ruth
Chapter 4

1 Then went Boaz vp to the gate, and sate him downe there: and beholde, the kinseman of whome Boaz spake, came by, vnto whom he said, Ho, such a one: turne aside, sit downe here. And hee turned aside, and sate downe.

2 And hee tooke ten men of the Elders of the citie, and said, Sit ye downe here. And they sate downe.

3 And he said vnto the kinseman: Naomi that is come againe out of the countrey of Moab, selleth a parcell of land, which was our brother Elimelechs.

4 And I thought to aduertise thee, saying, Buy it before the inhabitants, and before the Elders of my people. If thou wilt redeeme it, redeeme it, but if thou wilt not redeeme it, then tell mee, that I may know: for there is none to redeeme it, besides thee, and I am after thee. And he said, I will redeeme it.

5 Then said Boaz, What day thou buyest the field of the hand of Naomi, thou must buy it also of Ruth the Moabitesse, the wife of the dead, to raise vp the name of the dead vpon his inheritance.

6 ¶ And the kinseman said, I cannot redeeme it for my selfe, lest I marre mine owne inheritance: redeeme thou my right to thy selfe, for I cannot redeeme it.

7 Now this was the maner in former time in Israel, concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirme all things: a man plucked off his shooe, and gaue it to his neighbour: and this was a testimonie in Israel.

8 Therfore the kinseman said vnto Boaz, Buy it for thee: so he drew off his shooe.

9 ¶ And Boaz saide vnto the Elders, and vnto all the people, Ye are witnesses this day, that I haue bought all that was Elimelechs, and all that was Chilions, and Mahlons, of the hande of Naomi.

10 Moreouer, Ruth the Moabitesse, the wife of Mahlon, haue I purchased to be my wife, to raise vp the name of the dead vpon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day.

11 And all the people that were in the gate, and the Elders said, Wee are witnesses: The Lord make the woman that is come into thine house, like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and bee famous in Bethlehem.

12 And let thy house be like the house of Pharez, ( whom Tamar bare vnto to Iudah) of the seed which the Lord shall giue thee of this yong woman.

13 ¶ So Boaz tooke Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in vnto her, the Lord gaue her conception, and she bare a sonne.

14 And the women said vnto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord which hath not left thee this day without a kinseman, that his name may bee famous in Israel:

15 And he shalbe vnto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law which loueth thee, which is better to thee then seuen sonnes, hath borne him.

16 And Naomi tooke the childe, and laid it in her bosome, and became nurse vnto it.

17 And the women her neighbours gaue it a name, saying, There is a sonne borne to Naomi, and they called his name Obed: hee is the father of Iesse the father of Dauid.

18 ¶ Now these are the generations of Pharez: Pharez begate Hezron,

19 And Hezron begate Ram, and Ram begate Amminadab,

20 And Amminadab begate Nahshon, and Nahshon begate Salmon,

21 And Salmon begate Boaz, and Boaz begate Obed,

22 And Obed begat Iesse, and Iesse begate Dauid.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:07 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 1

1 Now there was a certaine man of Ramathaim Zophim, of mount Ephraim, & his name was Elkanah, the sonne of Ieroham, the sonne of Elihu, the sonne of Tohu, the sonne of Zuph, an Ephrathite;

2 And he had two wiues, the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.

3 And this man went vp out of his citie yeerely, to worship and to sacrifice vnto the Lord of hostes in Shiloh; and the two sonnes of Eli, Hophni, and Phinehas, the Priests of the Lord, were there.

4 ¶ And when the time was, that Elkanah offered, he gaue to Peninnah his wife, and to all her sonnes, and her daughters, portions.

5 But vnto Hannah he gaue a worthy portion: (for he loued Hannah, but the Lord had shut vp her wombe.

6 And her aduersary also prouoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the Lord had shut vp her wombe.)

7 And as he did so yeere by yeere, when she went vp to the house of the Lord, so she prouoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat.

8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weepest thou? and why eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieued? Am not I better to thee, then ten sonnes?

9 ¶ So Hannah rose vp after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunke; (now Eli the Priest sate vpon a seat by a poste of the Temple of the Lord. )

10 And shee was in bitternesse of soule, and prayed vnto the Lord, and wept sore.

11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hostes, if thou wilt indeed looke on the affliction of thine handmayd, and remember me, and not forget thine handmayd, but wilt giue vnto thine handmayd a man childe, then I will giue him vnto the Lord all the dayes of his life, and there shall no rasor come vpon his head.

12 And it came to passe as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.

13 Now Hannah, shee spake in her heart; onely her lippes mooued, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had beene drunken.

14 And Eli said vnto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.

15 And Hannah answered, and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowfull spirit: I haue drunke neither wine nor strong drinke, but haue powred out my soule before the Lord.

16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and griefe, haue I spoken hitherto.

17 Then Eli answered, and said, Goe in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition, that thou hast asked of him.

18 And she said, Let thine handmaid finde grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eate, and her countenance was no more sad.

19 ¶ And they rose vp in the morning early, and worshipped before the Lord, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knewe Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembred her.

20 Wherefore it came to passe when the time was come about, after Hannah had conceiued, that shee bare a sonne, and called his name Samuel, saying; Because I haue asked him of the Lord.

21 And the man Elkanah, and all his house, went vp to offer vnto the Lord the yeerely sacrifice, and his vowe.

22 But Hannah went not vp; for shee said vnto her husband, I will not goe vp vntill the childe be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appeare before the Lord, and there abide for euer.

23 And Elkanah her husband said vnto her, Do what seemeth thee good, tary vntill thou haue weaned him, only the Lord establish his word: so the woman abode, and gaue her sonne sucke vntill she weaned him.

24 ¶ And when shee had weaned him, shee tooke him vp with her, with three bullocks, and one Ephah of floure, and a bottle of wine, and brought him vnto the house of the Lord in Shiloh: and the childe was young.

25 And they slew a bullocke, and brought the childe to Eli.

26 And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soule liueth, my lord, I am the woman, that stood by thee heere, praying vnto the Lord.

27 For this childe I prayed, and the Lord hath giuen me my petition, which I asked of him:

28 Therefore also I haue lent him to the Lord as long as hee liueth, he shall be lent to the Lord. And he worshipped the Lord there.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:36 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 2

1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart reioyceth in the Lord, mine horne is exalted in the Lord: my mouth is inlarged ouer mine enemies: because I reioyce in thy saluation.

2 There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any Rocke like our God.

3 Talke no more so exceeding proudly, let not arrogancie come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

4 The vowes of the mightie men are broken, and they that stumbled are girt with strength.

5 They that were full, haue hired out themselues for bread: and they that were hungry, ceased: so that the barren hath borne seuen, and she that hath many children, is waxed feeble.

6 The Lord killeth and maketh aliue, he bringeth downe to the graue, and bringeth vp.

7 The Lord maketh poore, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth vp.

8 He raiseth vp the poore out of the dust, and lifteth vp the begger from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lords, and hee hath set the world vpon them.

9 He will keepe the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall bee silent in darkenesse; for by strength shall no man preuaile.

10 The aduersaries of the Lord shalbe broken to pieces: out of heauen shal he thunder vpon them: the Lord shall iudge the ends of the earth, and he shal giue strength vnto his king, and exalt the horne of his Anointed.

11 And Elkanah went to Ramah to his house, and the child did minister vnto the Lord before Eli the Priest.

12 ¶ Now the sonnes of Eli were sonnes of Belial, they knewe not the Lord.

13 And the priests custome with the people was, that when any man offred sacrifice, the priestes seruant came, while the flesh was in seething, with a fleshhooke of three teeth in his hand,

14 And he strooke it into the panne, or kettle, or caldron, or pot: all that the flesh-hooke brought vp, the priest tooke for himselfe: so they did in Shiloh vnto all the Israelites that came thither.

15 Also before they burnt the fat, the priests seruant came, & said to the man that sacrificed, Giue flesh to roste for the priest, for he wil not haue sodden flesh of thee, but raw.

16 And if any man said vnto him, Let them not faile to burne the fat presently, and then take as much as thy soule desireth: then hee would answere him, Nay, but thou shalt giue it mee now: and if not, I will take it by force.

17 Wherefore the sinne of the yong men was very great before the Lord: for men abhorred the offering of the Lord.

18 ¶ But Samuel ministred before the Lord, being a child, girded with a linnen Ephod.

19 Moreouer, his mother made him a litle coate, and brought it to him from yeere to yeere, when she came vp with her husband, to offer the yeerely sacrifice.

20 ¶ And Eli blessed Elkanah, and his wife, and said, The Lord giue thee seed of this woman, for the loane which is lent to the Lord. And they went vnto their owne home.

21 And the Lord visited Hannah, so that shee conceiued, and bare three sonnes, and two daughters: and the child Samuel grew before the Lord.

22 ¶ Now Eli was very olde, and heard all that his sonnes did vnto all Israel, and how they lay with the women that assembled at the doore of the Tabernacle of the Congregation

23 And he said vnto them, Why doe ye such things? for I heare of your euil dealings, by all this people.

24 Nay my sonnes: for it is no good report that I heare; yee make the Lords people to transgresse.

25 If one man sinne against another, the Iudge shall iudge him: but if a man sinne against the Lord, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not vnto the voice of their father, because the Lord would slay them.

26 (And the child Samuel grew on, and was in fauour, both with the Lord, and also with men.)

27 ¶ And there came a man of God vnto Eli, and saide vnto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainely appeare vnto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaohs house?

28 And did I chuse him out of all the tribes of Israel, to be my Priest, to offer vpon mine altar, to burne incense, to weare an Ephod before me? and did I giue vnto the house of thy father, all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?

29 Wherefore kicke ye at my sacrifice, and at mine offering, which I haue commaunded in my habitation, and honourest thy sonnes aboue mee, to make your selues fat with the chiefest of all the offrings of Israel my people?

30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I sayd indeede that thy house, & the house of thy father should walke before me for euer: but now the Lord saith, Be it farre from mee; for them that honour me, I will honour, and they that despise me, shall be lightly esteemed.

31 Behold, the dayes come, that I will cut off thine arme, and the arme of thy fathers house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.

32 And thou shalt see an enemie in my habitation, in all the wealth which God shall giue Israel, and there shall not bee an olde man in thine house for euer.

33 And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine Altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieue thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the floure of their age.

34 And this shall bee a signe vnto thee, that shall come vpon thy two sonnes, on Hophni and Phinehas: in one day they shall die both of them.

35 And I will raise me vp a faithfull Priest, that shall doe according to that which is in my heart and in my mind, and I will build him a sure house, and hee shall walke before mine Anointed for euer.

36 And it shall come to passe, that euery one that is left in thine house, shal come and crouch to him for a piece of siluer, and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me (I pray thee) into one of the Priests offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:08 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 3

1 And the child Samuel ministred vnto the Lord before Eli: and the word of the Lord was precious in those daies; there was no open vision.

2 And it came to passe at that time, when Eli was layd downe in his place, and his eyes beganne to waxe dimme, that he could not see;

3 And yer the lampe of God went out in the Temple of the Lord, where the Arke of God was, and Samuel was layd downe to sleepe;

4 That the Lord called Samuel, and he answered, Here am I.

5 And he ranne vnto Eli, and sayd, Here am I, for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie downe againe. And he went and lay downe.

6 And the Lord called yet againe, Samuel. And Samuel arose, and went to Eli, and said, Here am I, for thou diddest call me. And he answered, I called not, my sonne; lie downe againe.

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet reuealed vnto him.

8 And the Lord called Samuel againe the third time. And hee arose, and went to Eli, and said, Here am I, for thou diddest call me. And Eli perceiued that the Lord had called the childe.

9 Therefore Eli said vnto Samuel, Go, lie downe, & it shal be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speake Lord, for thy seruant heareth. So Samuel went, and lay downe in his place.

10 And the Lord came, and stood and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speake, for thy seruant heareth.

11 ¶ And the Lord sayd to Samuel, Behold, I will doe a thing in Israel, at which, both the eares of euery one that heareth it, shall tingle.

12 In that day, I will performe against Eli, all things which I haue spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

13 For I haue tolde him, that I will iudge his house for euer, for the iniquitie which hee knoweth: because his sonnes made themselues vile, and he restrained them not.

14 And therefore I haue sworne vnto the house of Eli, that the iniquitie of Elies house shall not be purged with sacrifice, nor offering for euer.

15 ¶ And Samuel lay vntill the morning, and opened the doores of the house of the Lord: and Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision.

16 Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel my sonne. And he answered, Here am I.

17 And he said, What is the thing that the Lord hath said vnto thee? I pray thee hide it not from mee: God doe so to thee, and more also, if thou hide any thing from me, of all the things that hee said vnto thee.

18 And Samuel tolde him euery whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the Lord: Let him doe what seemeth him good.

19 ¶ And Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

20 And all Israel from Dan euen to Beer-sheba, knew that Samuel was established to bee a Prophet of the Lord.

21 And the Lord appeared againe in Shiloh: for the Lord reueiled himselfe to Samuel in Shiloh, by the word of the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:03 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 4

1 And the word of Samuel came to all Israel. Now Israel went out against the Philistines to battell, and pitched beside Eben-ezer: and the Philistines pitched in Aphek.

2 And the Philistines put themselues in aray against Israel: and when they ioyned battell, Israel was smitten before the Philistines: and they slew of the armie in the field, about foure thousand men.

3 ¶ And when the people were come into the campe, the Elders of Israel said, Wherefore hath the Lord smitten vs to day before the Philistines? Let vs fetch the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord out of Shiloh vnto vs, that when it commeth among vs, it may saue vs out of the hand of our enemies.

4 So the people sent to Shiloh, that they might bring from thence the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord of hostes, which dwelleth betweene the Cherubims: and the two sonnes of Eli, Hophni, and Phinehas were there, with the Arke of the Couenant of God.

5 And when the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord came into the campe, all Israel shouted with a great shout, so that the earth rang againe.

6 And when the Philistines heard the noise of the shout, they said, What meaneth the noise of this great shout in the campe of the Hebrewes? And they vnderstood, that the Arke of the Lord was come into the campe.

7 And the Philistines were afraid, for they saide, God is come into the campe. And they said, Woe vnto vs: for there hath not bene such a thing heretofore.

8 Woe vnto vs: who shall deliuer vs out of the hand of these mightie Gods? these are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all the plagues in the wildernesse.

9 Bee strong, and quit your selues like men, O ye Philistines, that yee be not seruants vnto the Hebrewes, as they haue bene to you: quit your selues like men, and fight.

10 ¶ And the Philistines fought, and Israel was smitten, and they fled euery man into his tent: and there was a very great slaughter, for there fell of Israel thirtie thousand footmen.

11 And the Arke of God was taken, and the two sonnes of Eli, Hophni, and Phinehas were slaine.

12 ¶ And there ran a man of Beniamin out of the army, and came to Shiloh the same day with his clothes rent, and with earth vpon his head.

13 And when hee came, loe, Eli sate vpon a seat by the way side, watching: for his heart trembled for the Arke of God. And when the man came into the citie, and told it, all the city cried out.

14 And when Eli heard the noise of the crying, hee said; What meaneth the noise of this tumult? And the man came in hastily, and told Eli.

15 Now Eli was ninetie and eight yeeres old, and his eyes were dimme, that he could not see.

16 And the man said vnto Eli, I am he, that came out of the army, and I fled to day out of the army. And he said, What is there done, my sonne?

17 And the messenger answered, and said, Israel is fled before the Philistines, and there hath bene also a great slaughter among the people, and thy two sonnes also, Hophni & Phinehas, are dead, and the Arke of God is taken.

18 And it came to passe when hee made mention of the Arke of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his necke brake, and hee died: for hee was an old man, and heauie, and hee had iudged Israel fortie yeeres.

19 ¶ And his daughter in law Phinehas wife was with childe neere to be deliuered: and when shee heard the tidings that the Arke of God was taken, and that her father in law, and her husband were dead, shee bowed her selfe and traueyled; for her paines came vpon her.

20 And about the time of her death, the women that stood by her, said vnto her: Feare not, for thou hast borne a sonne. But she answered not, neither did she regard it.

21 And she named the childe Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel, (because the Arke of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.)

22 And she said, The glory is departed from Israel: for the Arke of God is taken.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games