Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
The Earth's Upheaval OOC - Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:29 am
I'll start shooting goblins unless you guys want me to attempt something else.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:58 pm
That was a mean trap Rain.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:20 pm
There's such a thing as a nice trap?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:56 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

I'm at work and can't update properly; however, I think its safe to say that the goblin's actions won't interfere with yours. If you want to post your turn now, that's fine.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:33 pm
Doing low damage and not taking us out of the fight for a few turns would have been a much nicer trap, yes. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:09 pm
The RNG wants us dead. Plain and simple sad  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:07 pm
It has wanted us dead since before the game... Forget damage, next character I create is going to stack everything he can into attack bonus...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:47 am
That is just a plain good idea for 4rth in general. Hiting is everything. My first feat on a character is almost always the expertise feat for their weapon or implement of choice.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 am
Kowsauni
That is just a plain good idea for 4rth in general. Hiting is everything. My first feet on a character is almost always the expertise feat for their weapon or implement of choice.

Agreed, mostly. But I've decided that I'm going to see what it's like to go without for a while. That way, I'm free to use any weapon the DM gives me without worry ("This has a nice ability, but it doesn't match my weapon focus and expertise feats.....") and it'll give me a chance to explore other feats I never get around to seeing. A personal challenge, so to speak. Revenge was the start of that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:51 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Um. Well, what I was suggesting was less an Aid Check for my climbing since that's still a DC 25, and a +2 on my climb check would still mean I can only succeed on a nat 20. What we need is a strength check for Thork to lift her up by her legs, 'cause a Strength 17 ork should reasonably have a very easy time lifting a small 110lb girl.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:28 pm
Paidi tou Selini
SCN_ Grey_fox

Um. Well, what I was suggesting was less an Aid Check for my climbing since that's still a DC 25, and a +2 on my climb check would still mean I can only succeed on a nat 20. What we need is a strength check for Thork to lift her up by her legs, 'cause a Strength 17 ork should reasonably have a very easy time lifting a small 110lb girl.

+ Equipment carried. But the max weight he can lift is his Strengthx20 (340 lbs). I would say lifting your max capacity would be DC 20 (no matter the strength), and take a proportionate number for the DC.

176 lb is about half of the max of 340, so a DC 10 strength check would be needed to push her up.

I went through the numbers on Skype:
[4:53:55 PM] Rain (nyehfully yours~): Thork height + arm length + Mercy height + arm length = 186". The height to clear is 180".
[4:54:33 PM] Rain (nyehfully yours~): I'd still require a climb check on your part, but something like DC5-10 range.
[4:55:01 PM] Rain (nyehfully yours~): You should communicate this to him IC!

Mercy would need to make an athletics check to pull herself up. 66 lbs of equipment, I'd make a DC 6 Athletics check (10 would be the DC since she's within normal load range). D&D tends to round down all fractions.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:35 pm
But I did communicate that IC. >_>

Paidi tou Selini
"I have a rope and grappling hook, but Ambra is the only thing up there who could anchor it, and she has goblins to kill. But... I think if you grabbed my ankles and lifted me up I'll be able to reach the top, and then use the rope to get you up."

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:02 pm
My RL DM would have called it an Aid Another feat. My bad...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:38 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

The aid another action would be suitable if she was going to do most of the climbing herself. But she wants you to do all the hard work yourself mad  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:00 am
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

The aid another action would be suitable if she was going to do most of the climbing herself. But she wants you to do all the hard work yourself mad
Ahh...Thork says, he want 6 pints of ale for his work.  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games