Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:27 am
Kowsauni

Sounds good.

iLL iNTENT

It's mostly a consequence of the wet environment. The oil sometimes bubbles up out of the ground, making tar fields. Processing follows from there. It's possible to find it before it reaches the surface, but that'd take an advanced prospector, or whatever you'd call someone like that. As for management, the intricacies of that are a bit beyond my scope of knowledge, if you were looking for a specific answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 am
WhimsicalXellos
Kowsauni

Sounds good.

iLL iNTENT

It's mostly a consequence of the wet environment. The oil sometimes bubbles up out of the ground, making tar fields. Processing follows from there. It's possible to find it before it reaches the surface, but that'd take an advanced prospector, or whatever you'd call someone like that. As for management, the intricacies of that are a bit beyond my scope of knowledge, if you were looking for a specific answer.

Nah, I don't need to know that much. I was just wondering if a particular tribe maintains each site, if independent prospectors run them, or if they just flat out sell the fields to Myrrade, who then sends in their own contractors to establish the pumping sites.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 am
iLL iNTENT
Nah, I don't need to know that much. I was just wondering if a particular tribe maintains each site, if independent prospectors run them, or if they just flat out sell the fields to Myrrade, who then sends in their own contractors to establish the pumping sites.

It seems to me that it would be a combination of those things, all depending on the individual tribe dynamic. "Tribe" is a loose term for Merridan. Some of them have fully established cities, others do better living off the land. A more industrial tribe would do better to maintain a local oil field themselves, while a more grassroots tribe would have outside help. Whether that help is foreign or just a neighboring tribe would depend on their location.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am
I'm considering switching around his skills and his gadgets a bit and making him a prospector who searches for new oil sites. I assume Knowledge: Geography and Survival would be important skills to have for such a job?

He could start out on just another prospecting run, then he comes across something strange or dangerous and that propels him into whatever conflict or story or quest you've got in mind.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 am
iLL iNTENT
I'm considering switching around his skills and his gadgets a bit and making him a prospector who searches for new oil sites. I assume Knowledge: Geography and Survival would be important skills to have for such a job? quite likely

He could start out on just another prospecting run, then he comes across something strange or dangerous and that propels him into whatever conflict or story or quest you've got in mind.

Sounds good to me. I'll keep an eye out for people who may be able to tag along.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 pm
Sorry guys, car broke today, had to spend four hours at the shop waiting for it to be repaired. I'll try to have my summoner done by tomorrow.  

Kowsauni
Crew

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 pm
Ick, that's epic lame.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:49 am
Kowsauni

How's it going for that summoner? I'm thinking you'd make a good pair with iLL's gremling.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 am
Yeah, that'd be awsome : P

Just posting to say I'm still hanging around ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am
Can I roll out new stats for a new character, or use the stats of the old character?  

Xun Ira

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Kowsauni

How's it going for that summoner? I'm thinking you'd make a good pair with iLL's gremling.

Sorry, work got best of me this last week, also started playing guild wars 2 with the wife, that's been taking up time too. I'll try to get the sheet up this weekend.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 pm
Xun Ira
Can I roll out new stats for a new character, or use the stats of the old character?

I don't see a need to make you reroll if you're not going to use the other character. The other set was pretty decent, anyway.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ravanan rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 5, 5, 1, 3, 1, 4, 4, 6, 2, 1, 4, 4, 6 Total: 67 (20-120)

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:35 pm
( Scoooooorrreeez ~ )  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:43 pm
Wesleyf
( Scoooooorrreeez ~ )

Scores
1,1,6,6=13
1,1,5,5=11
5,1,3,1=9
4,4,6,2=14
1,4,4,6=14  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Ravanan rolled 8 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 3, 4, 4, 2, 2, 3 Total: 28 (8-48)

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:47 pm
Second scooorrees

Edit: Be here.

4,634=14
4,223=9  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]