Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am
Daypaw
Haha xD I hold onto my event items. I wish I'd gotten the first years event items- I wasn't as active then as I could have been.

Yeah for sure that would have been awesome if you had those!

My first event was right up my alley. Just from plodding in the marketplace a bit I had already started to turned my avi into a demon character, so the Vampires and Vampire Hunters gave me all the perfect items to outfit it with!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:38 am
Ned-san
Daypaw
Haha xD I hold onto my event items. I wish I'd gotten the first years event items- I wasn't as active then as I could have been.

Yeah for sure that would have been awesome if you had those!

My first event was right up my alley. Just from plodding in the marketplace a bit I had already started to turned my avi into a demon character, so the Vampires and Vampire Hunters gave me all the perfect items to outfit it with!
I can't remember the first event I actually got all the items for- it was something in 2k4, Easter maybe? That must have been it.

EDIT: Also the G Pin, if you consider that part of an event. Actually got mine from Gino during the ball ^ w^  

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:41 am
Daypaw
Pffft, they just throw the 500g at you now xD Haha~

I usually see if I can siphon off excess items onto my mule before I buy anything extra. Duplicates and the like. Then I usually just raise the gold for the rest of their outfit on this account, get the items, and send it all over at once.

Yeah, that's my usual process too. Ned-kun is the first I tried the booty grab thing with, and it works surprisingly fast. For items in the 3k range, it's faster than the process of logging out and logging in to complete a trade, lol! I used to use multiple mules to get granted items and event items which I sold off for maybe 1.5-3k each, transferring the money between my mules and my main. Now I'm thinking that those items wouldn't even be worth the time anymore!

I do a lot of batch shopping for my smarterish account, as she wants girly things that she can't afford and I can't use anywhere else. That's why she calls me her "sugar daddy", lol. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 am
Daypaw

EDIT: Also the G Pin, if you consider that part of an event. Actually got mine from Gino during the ball ^ w^

Oooh, that's special! Did he smile and take your hand as he gave it to you? whee  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 am
Ned-san
Daypaw

Oooh, that's special! Did he smile and take your hand as he gave it to you? whee
No xD He was rather emo back then. The Gino character has changed quite a lot throughout the years.

I still have my photo, haha:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@Mules: I just use two browsers to complete the transaction, no logging in and out haha xD Just toggling screens.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am
Daypaw
No xD He was rather emo back then. The Gino character has changed quite a lot throughout the years.

@Mules: I just use two browsers to complete the transaction, no logging in and out haha xD Just toggling screens.

Hah, that's an awesome keepsake!

Damn, I never thought of using different browsers... I always just do things in multiple windows, but I don't use separate programs to do the same thing. I should try that next time!  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm
Ned-san
Daypaw

Hah, that's an awesome keepsake!

Damn, I never thought of using different browsers... I always just do things in multiple windows, but I don't use separate programs to do the same thing. I should try that next time!
I can be on three accounts at a time, haha xD I use Chrome and Firefox usually, though if the need arises (such as needing a second event mule) I use IE also.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 pm
Daypaw
though if the need arises (such as needing a second event mule) I use IE also.
But... doesn't that contaminate your system? gonk  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:42 pm
Ned-san
Daypaw
though if the need arises (such as needing a second event mule) I use IE also.
But... doesn't that contaminate your system? gonk
I've never had problems with it, but then, I never go through forums/go anywhere other than login and straight to the instance that I need the mule for. I also have an antivirus program and a registry cleaner actively keeping an eye on my system, so it lets me know if something funky is going down.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 pm
Daypaw
've never had problems with it, but then, I never go through forums/go anywhere other than login and straight to the instance that I need the mule for. I also have an antivirus program and a registry cleaner actively keeping an eye on my system, so it lets me know if something funky is going down.

Well yeah, viruses are one thing... but I mean, isn't IE so gross that it soils your hands just looking at it? lol.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:36 pm
Ned-san
Daypaw
've never had problems with it, but then, I never go through forums/go anywhere other than login and straight to the instance that I need the mule for. I also have an antivirus program and a registry cleaner actively keeping an eye on my system, so it lets me know if something funky is going down.

Well yeah, viruses are one thing... but I mean, isn't IE so gross that it soils your hands just looking at it? lol.
Well, yes xD Which is why it is a browser of last resort. It does work better for me than Opera did though- so there's that, at least.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm
Daypaw
Well, yes xD Which is why it is a browser of last resort. It does work better for me than Opera did though- so there's that, at least.

Yeah, I've always had mixed feelings about Opera. xD  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 pm
Ned-san
Daypaw

Yeah, I've always had mixed feelings about Opera. xD
"You want load new page? Nothx, think I'll freeze up now."

Exactly my experience with Opera.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 pm
Daypaw

Even on my Windows phone, Opera did that. lol.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:12 am
Ned-san
Daypaw

Even on my Windows phone, Opera did that. lol.
I was using it on a reasonably powerful desktop PC and it didn't even work. I know it wasn't a cache issue, because it happened the first time I'd used it emotion_facepalm  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff