Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 am
Of all the damn false bearer's in the world...Harrier threw the darkness bearer at me.. she cursed in her mind.
The woman had reacted quickly to her powerful, albeit, slow going attack. Darkness consumed her and she disappeared. Jolyre hated when they disappeared. A scuffling behind Harrier and Jolyre confirmed the woman's location, she assumed. She was grinning. She had some nerve. Jolyre comforted herself with the fact that she was the woman's weakness, and vice versa.
Lethal daggers appeared in the woman's hands as she..split her crystal in two? Another angry curse was aimed at technology. The daggers were tinted a toxic green; darkness was indeed known for it's debilitating effects. Leave it to the darkness to use off-handed tactics.
"Lady Jolyre Aegis.... Harrier A'Cal... My name is Nebelim. You'd do well to remember it when you're telling your tales to the Great Will!"
Jolyre laughed, cold and metallic. It was her answer to woman's grin. Laughing and smiling sure could rile up an opponent.
"When I go to the Great Will, Nebelim, I will tell it many things. But the tale of how I died at the hands of half-wit shadow whose crystal was but a toy will not be one of them."
The smile that swept her face was far from sweet; it dripped rage. With a light in her own blue eyes fatal enough to match Nebelim's, Jolyre leapt to the side, away from the woman's dancing blades. She knew hand-to-hand wouldn't be an option; she knew too little of the woman's blades. If it came to it, her gauntlets would blaze, but she preferred to keep the woman at an arms length... and then some.
She was immediately thankful that Harrier was present. She and Nebelim could critically hit each other until they were dead being each others' opposite, but Jolyre had an ally that could turn the tables and who she could stand to be around.
She pivoted and twirled swiftly, a quick dancing motion. A booted foot stomped down and tiny shards of light formed. Fragments of aura sharp as any blade hovered for a moment only before Jolyre gave them a mental command of who was their target. The shielding she provided for Harrier, she hoped, would keep him from being collateral damage of her own attacks.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:42 pm
Enter- Harrier A'Cal

The adrenalin was pumping through Harrier's veins, the fight had just started and no major blows had been made- but he could already tell it was going to be tough. And bitter sweet. The woman had vanished away and appeared behind him and Jolyre, who had joined in the fray after Harrier had chased the crystal knock off into her. He would have to apologize later for getting her opposite.

“Nebelim? Good- I like to know the names of people before I kill them!” Harrier shouted at the offending woman. He was mad. Very, very mad. But grateful of the Light shield that Jolyre had put around them, protecting him from her needle like shards that swirled toward Nebelim. Without a second thought he added a swipe of his blades to her attack, a small tunnel of wind rather than a scythe formed and carrier the shards faster along with his own power.

“That's Viper poison on her daggers- it paralyzes. I can fend myself of her blades and melee her if you are willing to attack the way you are. I know I did a crappy job of bringing the fake dark over to you, but sometimes it plays that way,” Harrier said quietly to Joylre after they stood for their attack to look over the extra dust that powdered.

With no chance of another addition to his words a sword pierced out of the veil trying to attack them both. The two quickly dodged out of the way and Harrier charged forward, taking a few seconds to calculate where the woman was and the best way to strike. On the right wall, attack got left side, missed vital organs, arm injured, ready to attack again, must disable weak arm...

The dust still clouded most of the room with the commotion the others were causing with their own battles against, a few shouts and yells were heard from both sides. Harrier looked up and scanned the area for the closest battles; Suri and Miya furthest away, Gio and Orin closest to fallen wall, Alane and Kasumi still out of fight, Rigo engaged with the fire.

With a growl Harrier lept from where he was to his enemy was, the woman was already posed over to jump herself in attack and he got her with his blades in the weakened arm- good. One poisoned weapon ou- she just turned to him, both weapons in hand and charged forward. Why didn't it disable her?!

“Ak! Damn it,” Harrier yelped as he flung himself back out of the woman's reach. She had a sadistic grin on her face and gave a laugh as she poised her blade, ready to strike. He rolled just out of the way just in time so only some of the blade got the side of his armor. There was a small bubbling noise and acidic smell where the little bit of poison ate away at the armor. It didn't hit flesh- that was the good thing- and there was little enough so it didn't make a gaping hole. But it still wasn't good, the blade scratched his side.

Exit- Harrier A'Cal  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:21 pm
((Will post ASAP, but will be busy tonight, sorry miya, I'll free you soon as i can lol))  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:14 pm
Kasumi looked at Alane and shook her head. "Im good here." she smiled. She then looked to see Gio smashed through the wall and outside. She knew he had to be hurt from an impact like that. "Gio are you alright." Kasumi called out as she rushed to his side, shielding her eyes from the sand.  

hinastar

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:49 am
Suri strode through the dim wreckage of the bar and was soon within sight of Miya. It looked like she had gotten rid of the thing attacking her, but Suri couldn't see it anywhere. She looked to be rubbing her neck, had the thing tried to strangle her in such a short time? Her fire whip was also gone, but replaced with a solid whip this time, the smell of burnt flesh tinged the air. "Thanks, hope he didn't rough you up much. Where'd he go anway?" Suri said as he listened.

The sounds of the other Bearer's battles were going on, and Suri longed to join them and help out, but an enemy unfinished was an enemy that stabbed you in the back. He and Miya had their target to defeat, and a hard one at that. Almost in response to his question, he saw a flash of orange at the corner of his vision, both he and Miya turning at the same time to face it.

Standing with it's head cocked to the side, it looked like some bedraggled giant bird sizing up dinner. It's singed hood still hid it's face, revealing only the ominous glow of it's orange eyes.
"Don't you know when to keep to your own business woman? The vessel for the Thunder Crystal and I were having our own little fracas just fine without your interference." The thing stated in a mocking tone, chillingly calm and totally opposite of its previous behavior. "You fleshy meat sacks are hardly worthy of the Crystals you bear, and Suri only just slightly more worthy for his metal. But it is I who shall possess the Thunder Crystal. ME!" It said in that eerie voice again. With hardly a pause to it's monologue it launched forward, arms and sleeves held wide and flailing about in it's charge. As it closed the distance, it began to gain a slight orange-yellow aura about itself, and a crackle of static-electricity could be heard. Things were starting to get serious.

Almost as if it had never spoken, the thing renewed it's vigorous attacks, snarling, gibbering, and hissing like an animal as it flailed wildly with it's covered hands. Were it not for the seriousness and the power packed behind those punches, Suri would have thought it like some child throwing a temper tantrum in it's night-clothes. The thought was instantly banished from his mind when a hit connected with his arm and he felt a jolt of electricity pass through him, and not in a good energy-absorbing way. "Miya, stick to ranged attacks, he's charged with electricity, a single touch packs alot of power." Suri said quickly as he stepped into his own salvo of punches, trying his best to fend off the flailing form before him while pushing it back and attempting to leave open a window of attack for Miya.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm
Enter- Alane Shoudu

Alane's mouth fell open as she scanned the area of someone to help. She abruptly closed it when she choked on a mouthful of dust that was emitting from every fight. She turned and almost got hit with a small wave of fire from one of the fake crystals. What was this? The day for meeting strange people and getting attacked?!

She ground her teeth and drew her two daggers from behind her back before stalking over to where the person who almost attacked her was fighting Rigo. Good- he was alone so he wouldn't mind a little help.

Once in range she jumped up on the man's back and stabbed her two daggers into his shoulders. A cry of rage and pain rang into the air and the sudden wave of fire that was around the Nero Angeal disappeared.

Alane held on tight as the man tried to pull her off, his fire burning hands were looking for a spot on the back of her armor to throw her away. He found one, a small plate under her back that separated the leather with chain mail for movement.

She held on with the daggers, taking them and stabbing him in different places to get a better hold on him and hurt him more.

The small melted metal oozed down her back and she yelped as she was distracted and pulled off- being thrown into a table.

“Ahk!” she screamed as she ducked down from a wave of fire that the man created with his hands.

“Rigo, help!” Alane said as she ran from the man's other attack. The wall crackled but didn't burn and it flew to follow Alane as she ran.

Exit- Alane Shoudu

(( I guess I get my running from fire scene then. ))  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:37 pm
((Haha. Ok, I'm totally making Rigo sound like the world's worst case of distractions...which really shouldn't be the case. He's supposed to be focused.))

"Jayden," Rigo pronounced the name. "I see." He frowned. "You are blinded by what is in front of you," the Nero Angeal merely said as the flames began to spiral around Jayden's gloves and figure.

Before Rigo could initiate any sort of attack, Alane had jumped in to execute a surprise attack, which made the flames disappear,... that worked pretty well until Jayden caught her. Rigo himself had been caught in surprise when Alane suddenly appeared too. He also got distracted when Gio screamed, but he sighed in relief when he saw Orin go help the human boy. Rigo himself would have gone over if he could, but his attention was brought back when Jayden threw Alane off.

"Jayden. Your fight is with me!" Rigo shouted sternly as he sent a wave of darkness to counteract the fire and literally destroy the wall that was moving on its own. The Nero Angeal would have to thank Alane later for helping. He hoped she was alright. Another cloud of darkness swirled around him, enveloping him and the fake fire user. The cloud would stun Jayden and almost make it hard for him to see in the darkness. That wouldn't effect Rigo though as he charged and swung at Jayden's back with his sword and then rammed him to hit a wall. Unfortunately, a burst of fire from Jayden lit the area, dispersing some of the darkness and canceling out some of the "blind" problems for Jayden.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:25 pm
((When I was describing Nebelim's daggers, I was trying to describe the way the blade curved, but wasn't able to quite get the point across. This is the kind of curve that I was trying to describe in the blade, only wider and more exaggerated. So just imagine the blade winding even more to the sides, but looking pretty much like this one.))

The Bearer of Fate turned his gaze and gave the Bearer of Ice a dull, disinterested look. This weakling would strike at him? With a block of ice? Surely if he was any sort of serious they would have been razor shards rather than a large, easy to handle, block. "When speaking to me, you should address me as Kai, you pathetic fool, Orin Beleren," he said calmly, the ferocity of his gaze increasing. With but a raising of his hand and a flick of his wrist, an invisible force shattered the block of ice into microscopic flakes of diamond dust. "You are no match for me, in magic or in combat, so stay out of this if you wish to keep your life for at least a little longer."

Kai's attention was brought away from the Bearer of Ice for a moment as he sensed a small presence pass behind him. His brow furrowed as he realized that the Bearer of Water had gotten by him and into the sandstorm. Was she stupid? Or just too considerate for others? Dry, sandy air like this wasn't good for the moist, scaly skin of a Sahagin. It would be like a steady drought on her body until she collapsed of dehydration. And on top of that, the fierce sands outside would cut into her skin, just as it already was doing to that Gio boy.

Turning his attention completely away from Orin, he stepped out into the fierce winds. However, the sands did not touch him. Instead, they flowed around him as though dispersed by an unseen barrier. His eyes remained affixed on Gio, his prey, which held his prize somewhere on his person. "So this is the boy who was entrusted with the death-sentence that is the Fate Crystal?" he asked in a menacing tone as he approached the boy and the Sahagin. His voice dripped with a malice unmatched as he continued, "That Crystal brings death to anyone who holds it except its true bearer, and it was entrusted to a pathetic weakling like you? You're human parents would be ashamed to see what a weak coward their son turned out to be. Especially your father."

Gio tried to push himself up on all fours, but was having difficulty with the myriad of pains and injuries that now littered his body. Of which, his back was the most excruciating injury, causing jolts of pain with every twitch of his muscles. He looked up from the ground and saw Kasumi run past the Fate Bearer, who called himself Kai, and reach his side. "Kasumi," he hissed through the pain in his back. "Get-- Get out of here! This guy will kill you if you don't run!"

He could feel fresh blood trickling from his wounds, and falling from his face like bloody tears, though the lower half of his face, from his nose down was protected by the wrapping of his cloak. With each moment he was out in the open sands, he could feel them slice through his skin, causing him to lose more blood. He was already beginning to feel light-headed from the blood-loss, and the blood was seeping into his clothes, giving him a very battle-worn appearance from just a single blow.

"You have to get away from me," he said to Kasumi, "He seems focused on me, so get inside and at least help the others. If they beat their enemies sooner, then they can help with him." He honestly didn't think he could live long enough for anyone to help him, but he was saying whatever he could to get Kasumi away from this danger. This guy was on an entirely different level, even compared to the already powerful False-Bearers.

He whipped his head away from Kasumi when he heard Kai say,
"You're human parents would be ashamed to see what a weak coward their son turned out to be. Especially your father." Did this guy know who his father was? Or was this just some cruel bluff to mess with his head before killing him? He wasn't going to take that chance, so he wouldn't indulge the comment with a question. He would rather not find out from him anyway, even if he told the truth. He would want to find out who his human parents were on his own, and not from such a wicked tongue.

Kai stopped a few feet in front of Gio. The pathetic kid couldn't even pick himself up after one attack. And he hadn't even struck him directly, only knocked him back and disarmed him with the impact. The display of weakness disgusted him, to think that the boy held such a large portion of the Fate Crystal, while he himself only held a single fragment. It was pathetic.

Kai's dark eyes turned to look at the Sahagin girl, who had yet to move away from the boy, even though he implored her to wisely back away and retreat into the building. "Think carefully about what you do, girl, as your choice determines how long it is until you die."

---------------------------------------------------------

Jayden roared as pain stabbed through him, literally stabbed him through the back. He didn't feel a Crystal, but he distinctly felt a light, small-framed figure had jumped onto his back. It was that one girl who didn't bear a Crystal. They had been told especially about her, as she was a real wild-card in the battle for the Crystals. "Alane Shoudu!" he shouted, grasping over his head. He roared as several stabs pierced into his back, luckily missing any vital spots due to their wild and unplanned nature, and finally succeeded in getting a hold on her. His burning gloves grasped at hard metal beneath the fabric of her clothes, and he held tightly, searing into the metal as he threw her over his head and into a nearby table.

He sent a swath of fire at her to keep her back, making her run away since she had no magic to counter with. The wounds she had inflicted would be trouble, but could be substantially reduced in severity. He grimaced in pain as he gave a low bellow, creating a writhing flame that consumed his back, scarring the entire part of the surface that held wounds in order to cauterize the stabs and prevent bleeding.

The flames caused his shirt to completely fall off, revealing a lean, but distinctly muscular build calloused with many burn marks from learning to master his flames. He hadn't a moment to spare after that, as he was consumed in a pitch black darkness. Logically, an attack would come from behind in such a situation, so he took a chance by whirling around in order to guard against a rear-attack, leaving him vulnerable from any other direction. Fortunately, his hunch paid off as he was struck from behind by the Bearer of Darkness. He barely managed to turn around and catch the blade in his glove, so instead of cutting him, he was pushed back into the nearest wall. Hard.

On impact, he created a pulse of fire from his gloves, not of the damaging sort, but the kind that would easily disperse the dark around him, allowing him to see. When he regained his vision, he saw Rigo before him, ready to strike again, but he wouldn't be ready for what would happen next.

With a confident grin, Jayden disappeared in an instant, propelled at incredible speed with his flames. Before the Bearer could catch up with his movements, he was above and behind him. In midair, kept afloat by propulsion of flames from his gloves, he was angled with his shoulder facing Rigo, with that hand held up in front of him, clenched tightly, and the other flung out behind him, fingers spread and fire erupting from it. The fire he was emitting behind him was not intense at all, and when it struck the roof it didn't so much as cause a burn. It was a soft flame that he had put no damaging power into. It was his support. The other hand however, clenched with the back of his glove facing Rigo, was glowing with a darker, more radiant flame. The process was delicate. This move had to be performed with the perfect alignment of his arms and the perfect output of power on both ends, but he had mastered it enough to give an output of about twenty percent of the maximum, which was still lethal.

Spreading his hand out towards Rigo, he aimed carefully and released the pent-up flames in a wide torrent, shouting, "Take this! Blast Burner!" The way he had aimed it, no other fights would be interrupted. He didn't want their little freak or Nebelim to pissed off at him for ruining their moments.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nebelim's violet eyes narrowed as their two spells became one. So this is simulcast, the power that not even Servant Crystals can achieve! she thought to herself, wanting that sort of power for her own. The wind would be like knives slashing across her, but not nearly as lethal as the shards of light aimed at her. Not only would the go right through her and pierce anything they touched, but they would also severely weaken her just from the light touching her darkness. And on top of that, the dust funneled in by the wind shrouded them and made it difficult to spot them!

In the cloud of dust, wind, and light that was created, she cried out briefly as her arm was maimed, but moments later threw one of her daggers out at them. This provoked them into an offensive, thinking she was down one weapon and hurt badly. When Harrier charged through the dust, she was ready. She guarded against his strike, but felt a sharp pain as her arm got slashed, slashed so deep that it reached to her tendons, and would have her disabled. However, a split second later she had whipped around from the blow, both of her daggers still in her hands, and her arm unhurt. Harrier was a lucky ranger, as her blow was barely avoided, leaving a sizzling acid hole in his armor, but otherwise leaving him unharmed.

"Hahaha! did you think it would be that easy?" She chuckled from behind Jolyre. She also laughed as she stood before Harrier, who was putting distance between the two of them. There were two Nebelims. "Darkness is an element of deception, an element of illusions. However, an illusion can be composed of enough darkness to take on physical presence. They can also be shallow enough to be seen, but not even be real. Reality within the illusion, and illusion within reality. Which is real? Which is not? Are any of them real? Are all of them real? Only those with exceptional intuition can see through such things."

Both Nebelims jumped back, merging together into a single whole. "You don't know if this is even the real me. I could be somewhere else, or I could be real. Even my daggers could be fake while I am real, you could try to block, but my blade would pass right through, then I could strike with a real one in my other hand, where you are defenseless. There is no way for you to win."

Nebelim was making a fine bluff. There was a way for them to beat her illusions, as she had already considered all options when mastering the technique, but a battle between Crystals was a battle of both skill and imagination. They certainly had skill, but if they didn't have the imagination to keep up, then she would kill them quickly and brutally.

((Jeez, writing for four characters is not easy! I feel like I'm writing a novel! This is my longest post yet, I think!))  

Draconia Crystalis

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Enter- Alane Shoudu

“Thank you,” she whispered as she caught her breath after Rigo cut off the fire.

She lifted her head and glared at the newly introduced Jayden, “You must have pretty good spies to know this little nobody. Did you know who you all killed? How about Cadar? Or Malith? Or how about Sinka? Or Adal? Huh?! Did you know them?!”

But he was engaged in battle with Rigo, who luckily distracted him to not want to attack Alane in haste to her words. A cloud of darkness swept around the tables and air as the Nero Angeal cast his spell, but it was diluted by Jayden's fire. Another attack happened, this time on the fire's side.

“Blast Burner!”

Alane couldn't attack from behind, the man would expect that again and harm her more than a few burns. She would never throw her double daggers, they were to precious and would leave her defenseless. That was what throwing knifes were for. She could help defend, but Rigo would be better on his own. The only thing she could do was wait for the attack to be over before she could attack along with Rigo. She realized it would be better to do it together than one at a time. Fire needed a focus, and Jayden couldn't have that if they attacked separate. Perfect.

All they needed to do was survive the attack.

Alane quickly turned over a table and ducked under it, protecting herself from the blast of fire that emitted from the gloved hand of the enemy. The blast was hot, very hot. Sweat formed on her brow and trickled down her face as she leaned against the table to keep it from moving back with the force of the spell.

Exit- Alane Shoudu  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 pm
Orin Beleren

Orin was both amazed and confused when the bearer named Kai shattered his ice block. Only makes sense he knows my name I guess. It seems these ones are well informed of their target. Orin thought as he looked at his ice block that was now shattered into microscopic flakes. Orin merely frowned when Kai turned but his brows furrowed deeper when he saw Kasumi by Gio's side. Tch, I now have to be careful not to harm two people. Orin said as he kept watching the snowflakes and an idea popped into his head.

I wonder...I've only been able to do this with moisture from the air, but direct control of this ice? Well what do I have to lose? Orin thought as he raised his hand and tried to use his ice magics onto the microscopic flakes. I should be able to manipulate them to my will. No I will manipulate them to my will Orin thought with determination as he started to form sharp ice shards from the diamond dust.

"Kai, you are correct to assume that neither me or Gio can best you in combat. Maybe in even magic. But we humans tend to adapt to situations that endanger our lives" Orin said as to Kai as he was able to form quite a large number of razor sharp ice shards from the diamond dust. "So with that said, let's try this again. Kasumi shield yourself! Shards of Winter!" Orin said as he commanded the Ice Shards to attack Kai

Vizzion

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm
<>

Miya was starting to lose her composure. Her eyebrows knitted together in fury and tiny sparks filled the air around her, as though a fire were on the verge of igniting. No one would notice the sparks unless they were particular observant, or particularly close. Suri ran over and Miya was relieved to see he was okay. She wanted to aid the other crystal bearers, but she knew that the fisherman that tried to hold too many fish in his net was destined to lose them all. She would focus on Suri and his enemy, since it obviously wanted Suri’s crystal.

"Thanks, hope he didn't rough you up much. Where'd he go anyway?"

Miya nodded to him to indicate she was okay, but shook her head no to tell him she wasn’t sure where he was. They had little time to worry about this, as the thing made its presence known. It was a horrible monstrosity, but Miya had dealt with worse, so she didn’t worry too much. Not yet at least.

"Don't you know when to keep to your own business woman?
The vessel for the Thunder Crystal and I were having our own little fracas just fine without your interference."
The sparks around Miya flickered with more intensity as she listen to the thing’s words.

"You fleshy meat sacks are hardly worthy of the Crystals you bear, and Suri only just slightly more worthy for his metal. But it is I who shall possess the Thunder Crystal. ME!"

Miya’s legs started to launch her forward to attack, but before she could, Suri and the creature were battling it out in intense hand to hand combat. She heard the tell tale sound of electricity and realized with his exposed skin and highly conductive metal armor, that this was not an idle fight for her.

"Miya, stick to ranged attacks, he's charged with electricity, a single touch packs alot of power.” Suri told her, confirming her suspicions. It wasn’t music to her ears, as her combat training focused on up close combat. Miya was agile and used her whip to move the enemy where she needed. If her enemy wasn’t particularly skilled, Miya could break their neck with a single motion of her whip. From far away, Miya’s weapon lost effectiveness; when added in the danger of being electrified, she knew her whip was of no use. She coiled it at her waist quickly and focused on her crystal. She would have to depend on it more than she’d like too…

Miya’s glove sparked and she swept her arm in a large, high arch, seemingly scooping up the sparks that had settled around her. As though connecting the sparks, Miya made a large arch of fire and she grabbed the curve of the arch with her left hand, pulling it too her as though a solid object. Gathering fire into her right hand, she pulled her hand through the arch, creating a great arrow of fire. With her bow of fire, she lined up her aim and pulled back her right arm, seemingly fighting an invisible tension.

“Suri, duck,” Miya said loudly, but calmly, and released the pent up fire. It flew across the room, leaving a line of fire on the wooden floor to leave a reminder of its journey. Miya didn’t bother to see if it landed and she spun in a tight circle, causing small ropes of fire coming from her hand to encircle her. She didn’t want to be defenseless if the odd bird creature retaliated immediately, and while the ropes would do little to deter a powerful enemy, it did give her options for her next attack.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 pm
Kasumi knelt down by Gio side. The harsh sand and wind dried up her skin quickly. She folded her ears back to prevent them from drying out. 'I have to do something. What should I do?' she thought as she looked around.

She looked up at Kai as he spoke. Sure she had only met Gio and the others but what Kai said about Gio made her angry. "Shut up! You have no right to talk about Gio parents that way! What gives you the right to talk like that?!" she said, glaring at him. She could feel the sand begin to cut through her skin and flinched slightly but stayed at Gio side.

"Its going to take more than that to get rid of me Gio. I'm a stubborn girl." Kasumi said, looking at him and smiling. Her skin was dried up and the sand kept cutting into her but she never stopped smiling. "The others should be able to handle themselves. I will only get in the way if I try to help them. Besides, you need the most help right now." she said. She knew it was probably suicidal to stay with Gio out in the harsh weather, but he was the first person that really befriended her and she didn't want him to die.

She heard Orin yell to shield herself. "I think I can do that." she said as she formed a shield of water, just big enough shield Gio and part of herself. The ice shards stung as she felt a few hit her, but paid no mind to it. 'Ice is water and water is ice, just colder right?' she thought as she kept the shield up. She looked at the blood coming from Gio wounds and knew she had to get him out of this storm quickly or he would die from the blood lost. 'I have to get him out of here somehow before we both die in this stupid weather.' she sighed as she felt her body become weaker.

hinastar

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm
((I hope you don't mind this one bit of power-playing, hina where I make it that your character gets hit without any say in the matter, but trust me when I say I have something good planned from this, and she will be better soon.))

Kai's dark eyes flicked over to to Kasumi, the Water Bearer, as she went on a miniature tirade over his comments about Gio's parents. "And who are you to say that yourself? You don't yet know that Gio was abandoned by his parents when he was just a baby, and raised be Nero Angeals. His parent situation is far different from yours."

He flicked his claymore idly in his hand as he gave her a piercing glare, "Butting in where you have no knowledge can get you killed, little girl. Just like trying to strike your opponent with his back turned." he said that as Orin cast a new ice spell on him, one that sent razor-sharp ice-blades at him. It was no different from before, just more of them and smaller ones. Hurling ice was not a full use of his Crystal's power, and for a scholar, he should have been able to come up with something better.

With a sweep of his blade, aimed behind him, Kai sent out a pulse of energy with low concentration. The atomic vibration created from the wave caused all of the shards that would have hit him to vaporize and evaporate instantly. He simply allowed the off-shot ones to pass by him and hit whatever they may, including Kasumi.

He followed up with his blade pointed behind him, the tip glowing as he gathered power to strike back at Orin. "Atomic Ray," he said under his breath, at the same time concentrating for another addition to his attack. As a sparkling ethereal beam lanced at Orin, he began to imagine several bands of energy forming around him, bands that would collapse in on him and disable him from this battle indefinitely. It wouldn't kill him, but that deed could come later. He furrowed his brow as he muttered, "Encircle." If Orin were to successfully evade both moves, then Kai would most definitely be impressed, but it would distract him for long enough that he could kill the two before him and claim a large increase in power from the hunk of the Fate Crystal that Gio held.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So Kai did know about who his parents were. Still, what he had decided stood true. He didn't want to find out about them from this b*****d, he'd find out who they were on his own.

Gio managed to get up on one knee as his entire body shook from exertion. Damn it, why won't she listen! She'll die! he screamed in his head as she stood defiantly to protect him from both Kai and the left-overs of Orin's failed attack. She even took damage since she put more effort into protecting him than herself. You idiot, he grimaced as he saw her arm drip blood, thankful to her but at the same time wishing she'd save herself instead of him.

Kai returned his attention to the two that were before him. While he had been distracted, Gio had managed to get up on one knee, but that was hardly an achievement when he couldn't do anything to fight back anymore. The girl was a problem however. She had at least some fighting ability and if he didn't take her out first, she could kill or severely injure him while he was distracted. The chances were slim, but it was still a chance that wasn't worth taking.

"Get out of my way, girl," he said, slicing through her barrier of water without a single sign of effort, causing it to collapse into a puddle on the dry ground. "You've had your chance to extend your lifespan, but now I have no choice but to cut it short.

He gripped his large sword tightly in both hands and swung it in a blur, aiming to create a deep gash across her chest from on shoulder to the opposite hip, then slid the blade back close to his hip and lined the tip up so that he would stab her straight through the heart. With not even the slightest sign of remorse in his expression, he stabbed at her.

"N-no!" Gio shouted desperately, unable to do anything as Kai slashed though her shield, then at her, and readied to stab her with one last finishing thrust. He felt a deep, incredible pain radiate from his very soul as he felt Kasumi was struck badly across the chest, which continued to throb through his whole body. It wasn't quite that he was feeling her pain, more like he was suddenly pained by her being so gravely injured. Was this part of the connection between Crystal Bearers? Could they feel when their kin were in danger?

He didn't want to watch anyone die. He didn't want anyone to die because of him anymore! He clenched his fist and closed his eyes to fight back desperate tears as he prayed, wished, hoped that something would stop Kai. He didn't see what happened as Kai thrust forward in an attempt to finish Kasumi off quickly.

Clang!

Kai was knocked back suddenly, catching himself in mid-flight by planting his feet roughly on the ground and skidding himself to a stable stop. What had just happened? It looked like a blade had come out of nowhere, a hand holding it that wasn't really there at the same time, and blocked his strike. It had been a skilled parry, then an instant counter that he had barely blocked because of how unexpected it had been. He even had a bloody cut on his cheek from when the tip of the blade had tilted through his guard and barely managed to scratch him.

What was that? he thought to himself, puzzled and suddenly alert. I've never seen anything like it before. It was solid, but wasn't really there at the same time, and was gone in an instant. It wasn't ectoplasmic either, like ghost monsters. His eyes turned instantly to Gio, who was beginning to pick himself up on both knees instead of just one. Had he been the one to do it? There was no one else anywhere near them, but there was no way... the boy wasn't even chosen by the Crystal like he was, so there was no way he had that kind of power, and on top of that it wasn't anything like the power of Fate. No, something else had to be around, but where? There was nowhere to hide as the nearest buildings were many yards away.

A figure stood before Gio, standing in a grassy meadow filled with light. Yellow eyes shined from its head as a bright crimson hair seemed to almost burn up from its scalp. He could not see most of its face, since it was covered by a red cloth, but from what he could see he could see that his skin was an odd color, a dark gray rather than the soft tan of normal skin. But what stood out most in his mind was what the figure was wearing. He was wearing the same clothes as he was! Minus the traveling cloak, and with the addition of the long red cloth covering his face, the man had the same body structure, the same facial structure, and the same hairstyle and clothing as he had! Who was this person?

"Gio," the figure spoke to him, a man's voice "Are you really just going to let him kill your friends? Let him kill you?"

Gio tried to form words in his mouth, but none came, try as he might to proclaim that he didn't want it to happen.

The figure gazed back at him with cold eyes, and continued. "You could always run. Better to live and fight another day, and your life is the most important to you, is it not?"

Again, he tried to speak, to refute his words, but again he failed to voice his mind. He felt a hint of doubt, wondering if the figure was right. Maybe it was best to run.

"You have the power to fight... Your own power, no one else's," the figure told him, "But I'm not someone that can hand you power that is beyond your reach. Others may be able to lend you their own strength, but I have no strength to give that you don't possess already. I can, however, show you it." The figure held out a hand, as gray-skinned as his face, and his entire forearm began to glow. "It is up to you to reach for the power, if you cannot, then everyone will die. You. Kasumi. Everyone."

Gio tried as hard as he could, he tried to move forward and take the figure's hand, but he couldn't move. He couldn't speak. He was helpless. What did he expect? That was how he always was... helpless.

The figure shook its head, arm still outstretched, and vanished in an instant. Its last words came even after it had vanished, "You aren't ready. I've prolonged the inevitable, but if you cannot do this, then the time I bought you is meaningless."

Gio opened his eyes with a start as a sudden noise rang through his ears. He saw Kai skidding a ways away from them by some unknown force, and Kasumi standing just in front of him an to his side, blood dripping from her chest. He could only see her back, but the blood was quite apparent since it fell quite heavily on the ground in front of her. A moment later, she began to fall backwards.

"Kasumi!" he shouted, moving with an energy that had been lost to him a moment ago, he twisted himself around and propped himself up on his right foot, with his left knee under him as he caught her in his arms. Her injury wasn't lethal, at least not yet, he could see now that the wound was before him, but the bleeding could kill her if it stayed open too long.

"Kasumi, hang in there," he said to her, his hand unintentionally gripping her shoulder tighter than he should have in her state. How could he hurt her so mercilessly? How could they kill people without a second thought? How could they...

Kai quirked a brow at Gio's sudden spurt of energy that allowed him to move and catch Kasumi, but again it was nothing astonishing. Adrenaline was likely the cause. There were no signs that whatever had blocked him was still around, so he walked forward again, brandishing his blade as he readied to cut them both down in a single blow. "Just die already, you pathetic little fools, die like the trash you are!" he said with a twisted sneer. He wasn't close to them yet, but once he could reach them, he would take not a second longer to finish them both and end this annoyance once and for all.

Gio's eyes flashed with fury as he looked up from Kasumi. The anger and hatred in his eyes became palpable in the air as emotions more extreme than any he had felt in his life fluxed through him. "How dare you!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. Something snapped.

An intense feeling swept throughout the area, felt by any who held a crystal, real or fake. It wasn't a feeling of power, or of an aura or anything of the sort, but more like just the sudden realization that something was happening. That feeling flowed through everyone that was fighting, not moments after the feeling of inner pain brought on by Kasumi's injury.

((Wow, I'm only playing two characters with this post and yet I'm writing an epic and a half. I think this one is still longer than my last! Anyway, a quick way to describe the pain I mentioned brought on by Kasumi is that it is a pain, but at the same time isn't. It won't cause someone to double over or suddenly stop because its there, but it is felt nonetheless. It is a connection between the real Crystals. This second feeling, however, is felt by anyone who holds a real or fake Crystal.))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 pm
Kasumi eyes widen in shock as her barrier became nothing more than a puddle, quickly dissapering in the stand. It took her a minute to process what had happen. All she saw was a blur of Kai sword and then felt the pain of being cut across the chest. She stood there, in shock, as she felt the blood began to leave her body and fall to the ground. The sand swarming around them only made the pain worse.

She stood there, unable to move or speak. 'is this the end for me? will I die here?' she thought as she saw Kai ready his sword and aim it at her heart. 'At least Gio will be safe.' Kasumi thought as she waited for the pain of death, but it never came. She heard a loud noise, the sound of two swords hitting together and watched as Kai was flown back from the impact. She finally felt her legs give in and began to fall backwards.

She heard Gio voice and felt his arms gripping her shoulders. She flinched a bit and looked up at him. "I-Im sorry Gio. Guess I wasn't much help huh." she said smiling at him gently. She could feel herself getting weaker from the blood loss. "I'll be okay Gio." she said. She didn't know if she would or not but didn't want him to worry about her. She did her best to keep herself awake but it was getting harder for her. 'No I need to stay awake...I might not wake if I fall asleep.' she thought. "Maybe...it would be better if I died here...I wouldn't be a burden anymore to anyone." she said quietly. She meant for the words to be a thought but they escaped her. She tried to move any part of her body but failed. She then felt the sudden change in Gio and looked up at him. 'What is this feeling? Is it pain? anger?' she thought as she did her best to stay awake.

hinastar

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm
This thing was hitting harder, seemingly undaunted by any damage done and still with energy to spare. Though it's fists were shielded somewhat by the rags of cloth it wore, Suri felt the harsh 'click' of metal every time a blow glanced off his own metal arms. In the dim light, it's bright eyes left tiny glow-trails with the speed it was moving, it's aura contributing to the blurring effect. For a moment, an intense blast of fire lit up the entire room, one that Miya didn't cause. Every blow exchanged he could hear the snap and shock of electricity passing between them and he was thankful for his Thunder Crystal. He couldn't tell what Miya was doing but he could care less right now, he was fighting for his life. When Miya said 'duck' Suri was on the verge of complying, but the Fake wielder before him abruptly switched on him and mashed a foot cruelly into Suri's wounded ankle. The result was Suri being forced to duck out of pain rather than reaction, but regardless, a searing arrow of fire shot past his head, slamming directly into his crazed assailant's chest.

It was forcibly thrown back into the far wall, the only one undamaged so far, where it almost seemed to be impaled by the arrow. As if it's rags were soaked in oil, the arrow seemed to dissapear as it engulfed the Fake Thunder wielder in a carpet of livid flames. The screech it released was blood-curdling in it's intensity as it began to flail about wildy, obliterating tables, bodies, and anything it hit. It's ragged apparel was falling away in cinders but the flames were obscuring whatever lie beneath them. Suri moved back to where Miya stood, now ensconced in what looked like a protective fire weaving. The thing had lost its focus on the two Bearers for now, but it's destructive rampage was drawing it closer to them, which finally enabled Suri to see its hidden weapon.

Flailing wildly in response to the thing's arms were tiny red lines that whipped through the air, and surrounding objects, like a hot knife through butter. They were wires, attached to the lit creature by unknown mechanisms, super-heated by the inferno so that they became visible. In one fluid motion, it transformed a stumble sideways into a sweeping lunge that brought all 8 wires slicing in from both the left and right. The range on them was impressive, spanning at least six feet and could probably go more, but now that Suri knew what he was up against, he was easily able to counter it. All he had to do was want it to work strongly enough.

Knowing he had little time before the wires swept downwards from their full arc, he channeled as much energy as he could to both palms in the given time and stepped forward to block the brunt of the attack if need be. He had one singular thought blaring in his mind as he stood his ground, "REPEL!". The wires might cut and scratch up his metal exterior, but a single wire could cleave his head in two at this speed. Bringing his arms out wide he bellowed in a rage as he focused his energy and will in a violent release. "Thunder Clap!" he yelled as he brought his hands together in front of him, releasing an almost-visible shockwave that repelled the wires effortlessly, with the shockwave striking their confident attacker square between the eyes.

Three of the wires violently reversed their direction, and in addition to the shockwave strike, carved deep flaming grooves into the face of the creature as it hit the floor several feet back while still aflame. The second screech of pain was no better than the worse, as it nearly went into seizures, rolling back and forth on the floor while holding hands to it's burning and marred face. The red-hot wires retracted into what was left of it's sleeves as it stumbled to it's knees, still twitching and convulsing as it stared with utter hatred at the Bearers it had lost to so easily. The eerie glow was gone from it's eyes, and it could be plainly seen they were the eyes of a human, though orangey-yellow was not a natural eye color.
"You and your friends...you'll all pay. We'll see to that ourselves." The flames continued to eat at it's flesh, though not as readily, but still it persisted to speak, not sounding hurried at all. Did this creature not feel the fire? It sounded sane, though everything else suggested otherwise. "You keep my Crystal safe, Suri. I, plan on retrieving it...soon. And you, Fire Bearing Witch, will burn in a different kind of fire if I get my way, but Jayden and Kai may end up deciding your fate for themselves!"

Abruptly turning it's head in an almost impossible 180 degree turn with a sickening roll and pop of bones, it screeched. "KAI! I'm pulling out! Give them something to remember us by for me!" Almost immediately, a reverbrating feeling erupted that any Crystal holder could feel. The crazed thing merely assumed it was Kai tearing into the others and didn't realise it was in fact Gio. Turning back to glare unflinchingly at the two Bearers before him it finished with an acid tone. "Until next we meet, have an exceptionally dangerous and miserable journey, sincerely from Astherus Pryzer!" It hissed as raised it's arms, shooting the deadly wires through the ceiling, and launched itself straight through the roof and into the harsh weather outside to finally rid itself of the searing fire. Leaving a gaping hole and a shower of dust and debris behind it

Suri just groaned after Aztherus made his exit. "Ugh...insane, powerful, power-hungry, and theatrical to boot. He's gonna be a mess to deal with later on." he said to Miya as he looked to his hands. He definately felt the drain from that performance, but he could still fight. "I guess you were right about the 'strength of will' thing. Rather convenient I'd say, otherwise I'd be lying in pieces. Let's check on the others, I saw the blast from their own Fire wielder, that looked pretty dangerous." he remarked as he took one last look at the hole in the ceiling. "...Freak." he muttered.

Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games