Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
First ever topic! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How about a monthly changing poll....??
  November...
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Try to enjoy it...you aren't being lazy, you're recooperating!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:28 am
Yes I know, but it sure is hard to sit and do nothing. And then you have to sit and wait for someone to help you.  

SydneySkye
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:32 am
Especially when you're accustomed to a busy lifestyle!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:06 am
Speaking of recovery periods, my mom's going through one right now. Just last Thursday she had a partial hysterectomy (sp?) and she's still recovering. I'm trying to help out the best I can and update everyone here so they know I'm still alive and all, but it's kind of hard when I have to take over household duties and take care of her all at the same time. Right now just waiting for the laundry to get done in the washer so I can put it in the dryer. Other than that, all's well with me. 3nodding I'm constantly changing my ava's clothes so bear with me she may not stay in one set of clothes long. lol Anyway, hugs to all who want or need one today and hope everyone's back on their feet in no time. blaugh heart heart  

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

SydneySkye
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:22 pm
I wish your mom well, I hope she recovers quickly and I know what she is going through, I am now going in the beginning of my 4th week off from my total hysterectomy. I am moving along nicely and have not encountered any major problems. So speedy recovery for you mom heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:26 pm
Doressa
Especially when you're accustomed to a busy lifestyle!!

I know what you mean, we went to the lake so I could get out and do some walking. I go back in one week and hopefully I get to go back to work.  

SydneySkye
Crew

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:17 pm
SydneySkye
I wish your mom well, I hope she recovers quickly and I know what she is going through, I am now going in the beginning of my 4th week off from my total hysterectomy. I am moving along nicely and have not encountered any major problems. So speedy recovery for you mom heart
Thank you very much! I'm sure she'll appreciate the speedy recovery wish, too. 3nodding I do wonder though if she'll be able to do anything "normal" tomorrow like fix breakfast, etc. or if I have to do that in addition to going to work? Not that I mind helping out and all it's just I am curious. Anyway, can't talk long now...have to get myself ready for work for tomorrow like take a shower, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:17 pm
Unfortunately I was pretty "helpless" for the first week. My son made my food and even made me coffee and brought it to me. I felt so useless.  

SydneySkye
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:34 pm
I hope your Mum feels better soon!

And am glad you're up and about Sydney, let us know how you go after your appointment...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:48 pm
I will let you know how it goes...one more week... Hope I get released  

SydneySkye
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:42 am
SydneySkye
I will let you know how it goes...one more week... Hope I get released

Do you feel like you are almost back to normal?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:13 am
For the most part, I joined an online support group and have learned a lot. I already knew that it can take a year for the inside to heal completely, that is the same for someone who just had a c-section. I can do most things, except lifting and will be glad to go back to work. It does hurt in the stomach area, that will take time to go away.  

SydneySkye
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:04 pm
Joining a support group was a good idea! I imagine that would be really helpful.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:42 am
well since I love to talk and learn new things, the support group helps me. It is good to see what others are going through and learning what may or may not happen to you. I like to learning things so it all works out. How has everyone else around here been?  

SydneySkye
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:34 am
All's well in my world!! Although I go back to uni on Monday, which sucks a bit...  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games