Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
The Earth's Upheaval OOC - Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:32 pm
I have a feeling the lever still works...

And what do you mean lighter?

And, can the burning campfires be moved with Mage hand? Random thoughts of a bunny  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:57 pm
Since you didn't take a minor action to remove your pack, it tore and all the contents fell out ^-^  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:38 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Paidi and Plainsfox were confused about the lever, and I wanted to see if you had any confusions about it and wanted to alter your previous action (which I would be okay with).

The lever is in C1, and the hatch was in A1/2. They believed the hatch was the lever, and are worried you might have thought the same.

I thought I had written it in such a way as to make that clear, but I guess I was mistaken.
Quote:
Thork, if you do decide to still peek (despite someone very noisy apparently trying to hold you back!), you see three goblins with hand crossbows at the end of a hall, about fifty feet long. You see no doors, but there is a hatch at the far end on the ground.

Quote:
The hall around the corner is about ten feet wide, and is about sixty feet long from end to end. One of the goblins is standing by a lever, you notice. He specifically look like he'll be going for that and not immediately loading his crossbow.

Quote:
Goblin 1, despite the danger before him, pulls the lever beside him, then quickly dives back a space. Thork, this isn't a shift, it's a 1-space move, so you get an opportunity attack! Fairly quickly, a wooden portcullis begins to drop from the ceiling, sectioning off the goblins from the rest of the hall!

Do you want to edit your previous turn, if you were mistaken about the layout?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:45 am
Nope, everything is still as I understood it(point and case, I said ”I have a feeling the lever still works..." After moving to C1.)

The only confusion is Two of strategy, why install nice wholly gate, and put the level to such a key defense on the flipping outside? Unless, if it's counter is elsewhere and that one doesn't work to lift it back up... Or idiots... Or they originally intended to keep something in here and the goblins found it...

And why is Alegirr, a military tactician and the only one with a spear, inside the cage with the 3 well-prepared goblin?
That said, no changes for me  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:44 am
For Glory!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:58 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Stupid Elf, need hit goblin, before Thork believe. Now get out, before Thork hit you stupid!" The orc-kin shouted straining to keep the gate up.

(Holding till after Mercy's action. Will roll again, if needed)

I'll say you have to use your standard action to maintain holding it, but you don't need to roll another Strength check; you do, however, have to roll an Endurance check of DC 2, and it'll increase by 2 every round. That said, you have +10 to your roll, so you can actually not bother rolling for another 6 rounds sweatdrop

But as it stands, Aelgeirr would have to drop prone and crawl out (you can't shift-crawl), provoking a trio of opportunity attacks, and these goblins hit hard when they have combat advantage. You can instead use your standard to reroll your Strength check and replace your previous result with your new one.

I'm counting every point for the strength check as 2" (so you're currently holding it 2.5' open). If you can get it to over 1/2 Aelgeirr's height, he can move out without being prone but it'll be "difficult terrain" so no shift either. If you can get it to over 3/4 his height, he can shift out.

Over 1/4 his height is required to be able to wiggle free at all (prone+crawl).

Aelgeirr is 6'1" (73", or DC 37).
1/4 is ~19" (DC 10)
1/2 is ~37" (DC 19)
3/4 is ~55" (DC 28 )

Remember, Aid Another is an action people can do too!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:07 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

I will wait for your confirmation in the OOC (of using your standard to hold, or rerolling) before I post again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:32 pm
Rain Yupa

I will wait for your confirmation in the OOC (of using your standard to hold, or rerolling) before I post again.
Str... Not Athletics? Posting bothRoll equals $tr 6, Athl. 10  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:56 pm
Haha, nope. Strength check. This is the epitome of what a Strength check is. Athletics is application of strength in things you're practiced at (running, swimming, climbing, jumping), but Strength is just pure brute power (lifting, pushing, carrying).  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:51 pm
I imagine this is Aelgeirr looking out at the party from the other side of the portcullis:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:46 pm
Wait, I'm confused... why are you trying to hold up the gate when the lever to pull it back all the way up is right next to you...?

Edit: I guess if he's really not changing his post Mercy will be asking the same question... can she reach the lever from D1? Kind of a waste of a turn, but really nothing else she can do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:41 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Wait, I'm confused... why are you trying to hold up the gate when the lever to pull it back all the way up is right next to you...?

Edit: I guess if he's really not changing his post Mercy will be asking the same question... can she reach the lever from D1? Kind of a waste of a turn, but really nothing else she can do.

If the gate was higher, you could pull Aelgeirr out. Alternatively, you can try to lift the gate yourself so he can escape. Mercy also has 2 ranged at-wills, which she could use to attack the Goblins... or use one to give Aelgeirr temp HPs! Whereas an axe is a poor weapon to attack through the portcullis, Mercy does have daggers.

There's a couple options available to you. Unfortunately, not quite as many as you might like, with Aelgeirr locking himself in like that. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:48 pm
Oh! You're right! I do have ranged powers!

Still, what's the plan here? What are you waiting for me to do exactly, Mr. Ork?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:57 pm
Help, ork barbarian trying to answer a question that can't be answer by hitting it or befriending it or out drinking it.

If Mercy can aid Thork, we get Aelgeirr out. If Mercy Aides Aelgeirr, or just starts attacking the goblins, Aelgeirr may be able to live though the 3vs1fight.

Edit: or test that level, that I believe is trapped... With nothing to go on

As it stands, Thork has a slashing weapon(-5 to attack) with Aelgeirr trapped in a tuna can with things that have an easy target.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:49 pm
My turn comes directly after Mercy's. I'll pull the lever and see if it does anything. if it doesn't, I'll aid you in getting me out. If it does, I'll heal  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games