Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
"The Inquisitors." (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 pm
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Sorry I took so long, had some school stuff I've been having to deal with though. Hopefully I can work things out better in the future.)

Victor Smythe

Victor cast a side glance to Tessa and smiled slyly. "Oh trust me my dear, they'll have at least one thing there to kill demons, though I suspect it'll be closer to something like 10 or 20 things." He chuckled slightly. "There's all sorts of ammunition to use as well, a lot of which any self-respecting gun-smith should have available, and there are quite a few in the Market District. You can go with Blessed Bullets, Magic Bullets, or Silver Bullets. All do essentially the same things, but each cause different forms of damage. Silver does the least because it's more like just shooting a regular person with a bullet. Magic Bullets are like hitting them with a high caliber bullet. And Blessed Bullets? Well, they do damage to a demons soul, make them more susceptible to being sent back to the underworld. Of course, if you mix these different varieties into super bullets, they'll do much more damage as well, but they come at a higher price." Victor scratched his chin for a moment as he thought more deeply.

"There are also a few spells you can learn, and a few I can teach... But those ones won't be easy, even for Mr. Pendleton." Victor ended on a more serious note. "The Temple teaches a great deal about demon hunting, but there are still certain things one can be educated in that are more of.... Specialties. Most members of The Temple won't know some of my tricks, but that's only because there are so few people who can teach them. But, this is a topic for later on. For now, we should all perhaps focus on the basics."

A more pleasant smile made it's way to Victor's face as he heard Sashe speak. "It's no problem at all! Thank you for indulging a crazed patriot in a long ramble." He laughed heartily at the end part. "As for how we fight a demon, it's rather quite simple.... You don't." Victor cleared his throat before he continued. "In order to defeat a demon, 'fighting' it just simply isn't enough. You must barrage it, flood over it with all the power and energy you can. More than this though, you have to make sure that once it's dead, it stays dead for a few hundred years at least. This is where the magics, blessings, and other demon killing methods come in. These things condemn them back to the underworld, making it difficult, if not impossible, for them to return. They, like anything else, can die, but they, unlike most everything else, can be returned to life, and much more quickly if they die on our planet. So you have to condemn them body and soul back to the underworld. This requires a strength and skill most of you don't have, but don't worry, nobody ever has it when they start, you have to acquire it as you become a better demon slayer."

Before Victor turned his attention to other things, he noted that Aydan had said something off about the one statue. He gave the statue a look over with one eyebrow raised, then looked at her to see what she was getting at. Seemed like it would be a topic for a bit later though, for now business had to take precedence. And speaking of that, they had finally reached the Market District. Victor took a deep breath as he looked to the right of him. There, sitting beyond a fence made only of a bunch of single chains hooked to metal bars fitted into the ground, was the great river that cut through Durelieus. There was a number of boats and ships sitting on it and going back and forth, it was a rather beautiful sight to be fair. Victor loved the smell of the water, but quickly turned to his left, towards the Market District, and the business at hand.

Victor looked over the statue of the Leviathan and pointed to it for everyone. "There's a bit of a saying in Dalcaria, and overseas as well. It's said that there are two things that rule the waves of our dear planet. The first thing is Dalcaria, with our massive army, navy, and air force, as well as our burgeoning trade capacity, we truly are masters of the waves. However, the other masters of the waves are said to be the Leviathans. Some of them can get big enough to sink battleships, and it's forced us to go on more than a few hunts for the great beasts. I love them personally though, they represent Dalcaria in so many ways it seems, but every time I think of one being hunted, I see it as almost an mutual honor, for us to slay such a powerful and majestic beast, or perhaps for them to slay such clever and resourceful beasts. Either way, they are more than deserving of being Dalcaria's national animal." He smiled and nodded as he continued to the rest of the district.

They were all just a few steps away from the great statue of the Leviathan, standing before a relatively normal street. Victor used his arms to signal to both the left and right sides that the street continued down, where the rest of the Market District expanded too. Before them lie a branch off street from the main street, and along it were numerous shops and vendors. It was fairly wide, which was good because it made plenty of room for both merchants and customers. "Ladies and gentlemen, the Market District." Victor led them in.

Looking in one area, there were some children gathered around what seemed to be a street performance. It was a little theater box set up, with puppets inside, but on the outside there was a few of the dark skinned people who had the white markings on their bodies. A few of them were men, who seemed to be dancing around, or playing instruments. One of them was casting a few spells to awe the children, but one woman, probably in her 20's, was speaking to the children, telling them a dramatic tale from her home country.

In another part of the street, there were some Lishundan men and women scattered about, some selling fine clothing and jewels, some selling exotic fruit, and a few seemed to be selling strange pets. Across from them you could see some men in relatively nice clothes showing off a number of firearms to potential buyers, but nothing that was loaded. And all along the sides of the streets were numerous buildings that created artificial walls to keep the market in this area. There were all sorts of shops for just about every need one could have, each selling their own uniquely made products.

Camus

Camus couldn't help but smile as they entered the Market District. Admittedly, he found Victor's history lesson somewhat interesting, but he truly loved the Market District, just as much as Victor no doubt did. And to be fair, he could see why Victor would. It was so vibrant, so full of life. Just seeing the one group of foreign street performers was interesting (though to be honest their strangely marked skin was an interest all of it's own), but he looked further down and could see at least one small group of Lishundan's, men playing drums of some kind and women dancing. The whole place had a rather happy feeling to it, and he started to notice that this was one of those places in Dalcaria where you could meet just about anyone. Noble or pauper, great military leader or fool, actor or flopped artist, everyone seemed to fit in. Plus, more than that, everything seemed so friendly.

Jack

Jack remained nonchalant himself about all the events, but he did take a slight interest in the history lessons, though he too was slightly more interested in the Market District. He'd been to this particular street of this district before, in fact there was a decent pub here. Still, Jack preferred to look disinterested. It wasn't really befitting someone of his... unusual position, to be getting involved in the activities of the joyful public. He did think the one girl telling the story, the one with dark skin and the white markings, was kinda cute, but he'd stab a man before he let them remark about it. Jack liked his privacy and he didn't like making different names for himself, and he would be willing to do quite a bit to look after both.

(OOC: Sorry if this was pretty long, just felt I should set the mood a bit though. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:30 pm
█████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓. ☈ 〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓 〓 〓 〓 〓 〓

User Image
User Image

Grove had been watching the proceedings with interest, having decided to step back and watch rather than interact with the newcomers. When the subject of demon killing was breached, the grey skinned hunter stepped forward to join the small group. Grove turned to Victor with a smile. "That certainly sounds like the long and the short of it, yes. My personal method is indeed spells but as said, many were not easy to learn. Some demons faced can never be truly defeated, and instead have been carved up and stored below ground in heavily warded containers around the world in the hopes that beings with great power and dark intent shall never find them. Silver items, in essence can channel magic through them or have enchanted crystals attached to them but most people who promote the sales of such items are usually committing daylight robbery. Ridiculously high prices for average objects, so I don't doubt that you all will be careful where you spend coin, if you do purchase anything. " This was spoken modestly and without a trace of being condescending. Demon hunting, in it's way only had so much you could boast about, and the grey haired magic user had never seen the point in other people doing so. He himself had abilities and chose to put them to use privately, although word got around nonetheless. And having an extended lifespan meant that you would continue to work tirelessly for longer and at eighty two years of age, Grove had quite a well known reputation.

He studied the shops and market stalls with interest. There was bound to be something interesting there. The magic user raised an eyebrow to the woman that had waved at him before, it was probably best to garner a socially acceptable amount of person information on his present company at this early stage. As a latecomer he had missed any initial meetings and besides, poking around in other people's heads was both difficult and rude. Not a good introduction, even if they couldn't tell you were doing it. Perhaps this sense of morality came from his old fashioned views after living for over three quarters of a century. But then he had always taken pride in conducting himself in a gentlemanly manner.
Grove summoned a small orb of translucent fire to scope the market for magical or promising items, which he held in his hand as images of stalls appeared in the flames.

Ahlys

Gracious Hunter

Cement Cake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:24 pm
Ahlys

User Image
Tessa Lozi

Tessa nodded at Victor, pleased that demon fighting arsenal could be purchased openly. She had expected it to be a more private business, and was embarrassed to realize it was right here in front of her face in Delcaria's marvelous market district. She would have to be cautious of the silver, though. Blessed Bullets, hmm? That junk for tourists. How expensive are we talking? She kept her thoughts to herself until later. Perhaps the image of a rich noblewoman would suit her for a while longer.

Victor welcomed them into the market district, and it was wonderful. There were dark, painted foreigners dancing in the streets, playing music, and telling tales to flocks children. Lishundans were selling their wares successfully, and the rest hawked their wares with usual jovial loudness of a large prospering market.

Grove, the only man she'd been acquainted to before meeting the Inquisitors, raised an eyebrow in her direction as the group started adventuring the district. Tessa took it as an invitation and stepped up to him, blinking as he conjured up an orb of fire which shone pictures of the market from it. She smiled. "Hello, Mr. Grove. It's nice to see you again after so long. I don't suppose you remember my face, though. Tessa Lozi." She smirked, and his ball of changing fire caught her eye. She leaned slightly in an watched the images flit by. "Now that's interesting. What are you looking for, genuine articles? Do you think you could help me find something? I've never hunted demons before, so I believe I'll need someone to show me how to tell blessed and regular bullets apart."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 am
(OOC: @ Paper Satellite: Should have mentioned this before, but the white marks on the dark skinned people are actually part of their skin, they're born like that from magic being a part of them for so long. This is an example of what they look like. Just wanted to let everyone know this so there isn't any confusion. sweatdrop Also, yes a lot of them have the white eyes too, another effect of being so connected with magic. A lot of them are actually demon hunters in their homeland, and the magic they're so connected to is a sort of tribal spirit magic used to fight demons as well.)

(OOC: @ Everyone: I'll post again once more have posted, but thank you for sticking around everyone. Also, thank you Ahlys for posting as well, I'd thought you kind of quit, so I'm really glad to see you're still around! blaugh )  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 am
User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan worked on outfitting the big warhorse as they moved into the market district, strapping him with armor with a practiced hand "You have nothing to be wary of, old man, so long as you never point a gun in his, or my, direction." She fell silent as she finished with the armor and they neared the Market district.

She didn't wholly approve if him calling the Colonel soulless, because in wasn't entirely true.The man had to have some semblance of a soul in order to live.Though Grove was an entirely different matter.Shades tended to give her the creeps, though she'd only met one before him, then again, few people were stupid enough to rip out their soul for power.

Looking around once they entered the market district, she smiled slightly when she saw the dark skinned foreigners, unable to to her interest in the markings on their skin.One of them caught her watching and grinned with a wink.The action startled her enough into a small chuckle.She turned her attention to the rest of the district, looking for a particular sign the she knew none of the others would see, or most of them rather.

((Once again, kinda short.I have classes at the moment but I'll try and post again later if I can))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:20 am
Crimson
King of the skies

He nodded toward Lozi at her comment of him fighting the old queen, "you should realize like your friend grove we are very old" he turned back to the statue not really paying much attention as he smiled at the old statue, memories flowing thru him of days past but as he thought a face came back to him and he was quick to snap out of his trance with a noticeable flinch. looking back to the others seeing them start to follow one another to the market district, he was never fond of the market place too many people in such a small area but he reluctantly followed behind the others taking up the rear of the group his eyes shifted from person to person he watched the others look at those playing music and telling stories. those painted people with their natural magical talents that such ability turned their cheerful expressions to fear almost instantly as He turned to walk down the road, there was no hiding from them his cloak was simply there to block the view of those who didn’t need to know better, so he kept walking his eyes flickering to the slight movements of the painted folk some grabbing weapons and slowly pulling them out others pulling children back behind the others but one thing stayed the same none of them said a word they simply starred at him, at least they knew not to strike at him first a mistake that could have deadly consequences. some followed him others went back about their business but one thing was for sure His very presence among them stole the cheerful attitudes of them and replaced it with silence and cold hearted stares, even the Lishundan's glared at him some even growled, either because he didn’t smell right or they could see him.

Looking to victor and folding his arms the sensation of so many people as well the very tension he brought could be cut with a knife, "Victor are we walking towards a fight somewhere? if so please tell me where so I can do some Ariel recon, I’m afraid if I stay here much longer I will cause an angry mob" he didn’t blame the painted folk or any other that wanted him dead it was a perfectly normal response to a demon like him. turning slightly he eyed a group of painted men all were staring at him and a few had some spells they were preparing, he stepped toward them only to have them take a few steps back they still didn’t have the courage to face him. looking back to victor, "it is only a matter of time when they get enough people and get courageous enough to come at me" even with Victors position of a demon hunter he doubted he would be able to stop an angry mob out for the blood of a demon.

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:44 pm
(OOC: Sorry I'm taking so long to respond everyone, I've just got some work I need to try getting done. I'll try posting soon though!)  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:50 pm
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Sorry I took so long again, school is still a bit of a pain though. xp )

Victor Smythe

Victor smiled and nodded as Grove spoke before replying. "Well, luckily most of the beasties I've had to deal with, even the strongest ones, met a more appropriate end. I'm sure they'll be back one day, but I'd say we've got about a 200 year wait for them. As for the ones you're talking about, I'm sure they can be sent back to the underworld too, it's just going to be considerably more difficult, probably because next to no one actually knows what to use on them. Puts us in a rather awkward predicament with them. And then there's Sithious, always nosing into these situations and doing something. I've personally never had to deal with him, but he's been a trouble maker when it comes to keeping demons down, to be certain."

As grove continued to speak about the weapons and such, his eyes, went over to a particular street vendor, a somewhat heavy set man with extravagant clothes on. "True, but silver itself also has some basic properties that do damage to demons, the undead, and other strange creatures as well, all on it's own. Some people say it's a holy metal, others say it has very subtle magic, and some say it's a bane to the cursed. Whatever the truth about it is, I'm not sure, but I do know it's a handy thing to have around if you can't afford the more magical or blessed items." Victor turned to the others for a moment. "Think of it as armor piercing ammunition, except it goes through whatever barriers our opponents have and causes them damage like a regular bullet would do to you and me." Victor picked up a 'silver' bullet at the vendor's table for a moment, stared at it, and dropped it on the ground. "Pewter? Really? Get out of here you pompous scumbag! Did you ever consider if your greed would get someone killed?"

Victor tossed the bullets around in anger, a few landing on or around the group, but causing no effects for either the werewolves or for Crimson proving further that the bullets were completely fake. "Yes Mr. Grove, you are indeed correct. Peddlers of cheap trinkets. Kind of a disgrace to the district frankly, it's known for quality goods usually." Victor took a look around and saw a few gunsmith shops along the strips of buildings that held the street itself between them. Victor pointed to a few for everyone. "I believe I've been to most of these places, all fairly trust worthy. I highly recommend you get your ammo there. Be warned though, prices for a single silver bullet can be as much as one or two standards, so for a box of 30 rounds you could be paying as much as 30 or 60 Standards.

The sound of Crimson talking caught Victor's attention, so he turned his head to listen to what the demon had to say. Once Victor realized what was going on, he turned around wide eyed to see what was going on. "Yes Crimson, we are going towards a fight, but this is not it." Victor walked a bit closer and spoke more quietly to Crimson. "These people aren't the sorts I'd want to fight with either Crimson. You see, The Temple uses a kind of power to fight demons that you might call 'spiritual magic', it's a strange and difficult to understand concept, but these people have something similar. However, The Temple has a more regimented control over this power, these people not so much. It's why their skin has the white marks on it, it's kind of like scarring from their magic. Same thing with the white eyes. Anyways, my point is that we should definitely avoid fighting them."

Victor looked around quickly and noticed an alley way at the end of the street. "Crimson, run down to that alleyway and make your way into the air. But BE CAREFUL." Victor pointed to the sky to show Crimson the airships that we flying over head. "They aren't going to shoot you down or anything, but the last thing we need to to alert people that there are demons flying in the skies. Stay close to the Old Town District, not many airships go close to there, and it's a fairly rough looking area so not many people will take notice of it. You should see the area pretty easily since it's so rough looking as well, it's the poor side of town and all. Anyways, head to there and you should be able to keep safe. Keep an eye on the warehouses too, we have business there."

Victor walked away from Crimson now and to the people that stood before them. Victor smiled awkwardly and started to speak in a strange language, but he seemed to be a little rough with pronouncing things. The crowd was silent as they listened and thought. One lady approached and spoke next, in Dalcarian however. "How do we know you aren't like him?" she asked. Victor looked incredulous for a moment. "WHAT!? A demon? I'm a Dalcarian you know!" The lady cocked an eyebrow, exceedingly confused with what Victor meant, but after a moment it seemed to sink in. She nodded and directed her people back to where they had been. Victor seemed annoyed still. "A demon. Pah! They've obviously never met Victor Smythe before!"

(OOC: Going to have to cut this short, got work. Hope you can all work with this!)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:29 pm
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Bump! Sorry guys, just afraid things are getting a little too slow. Heads up for you all by the way, I've got lots of work that needs doing very soon, so I may be off for a number of weeks, but I'll try to keep up. Regardless of what happens though, the roleplay won't be ended by me at any point, so stick around as much as you can, keep an eye on when it is and isn't active, because as long as you guys can all continue to be active with it, the roleplay WILL continue on. 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:37 pm
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Bump! Come on guys, we're WAY too inactive right now! I know I've been busy for a bit with school, but I have been keeping an eye on the roleplay. Please try and post soon if any of you can! crying )  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:30 pm
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Sad bump. crying )  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:19 am
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

I'm sort of waiting for everyone else to post again, also sorry for my inactivity, things have been chaotic on my end with finals coming up  

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:49 pm
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

I'm sort of waiting for everyone else to post again, also sorry for my inactivity, things have been chaotic on my end with finals coming up

(OOC: Ah, I see, well no worries then. I was kind of oblivious to finals coming up for you guys, so anyone who is currently dealing with that right now, if you have just a moment to maybe send me a pm and let me know, it'll be good to know who's stuck for the moment.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:36 pm
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Ah, I see, well no worries then. I was kind of oblivious to finals coming up for you guys, so anyone who is currently dealing with that right now, if you have just a moment to maybe send me a pm and let me know, it'll be good to know who's stuck for the moment.)

I had actually been lurking a while back, watching everyone else for a chance to say something interesting during my writers block and I can probably post something this week due to my exams being off for half-term (thank goodness). Ah the horror of uk exams..  

Ahlys

Gracious Hunter

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:47 pm
Ahlys
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Reo Kage

ben9x

Lord Sithious

I had actually been lurking a while back, watching everyone else for a chance to say something interesting during my writers block and I can probably post something this week due to my exams being off for half-term (thank goodness). Ah the horror of uk exams..

(OOC: Ah, I see, well no worries then. If you can post soon that would be good, but I'm patient. I just hope everyone else can get back soon, or at least let me know what is going on for them. Best of luck with your exams too when they come up. xd )  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff