Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soopadoopakoopatroopa

Interesting Hunter

3,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:50 am
What to call me: Ness
Who accepted me in: WitchAlchemist.
Why I joined: I like roleplaying, and thought this was a good place to roleplay
Gaia Age: 5 days
Predicted Favorite Forum: I'll join anything, but I'm more into Pokemon.
About Me: I'm a downer, pretty much spend my life on the computer. I have very few friends irl, but I have many online friends. I have a very large imagination, so roleplaying is a good interest in me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:59 pm

What to call me
bianca OR bee

Who Accepted my Application
WitchAlchemist

Why I Joined
I hope to find more long-term RPs in this guild

Gaian Age
43 days (this avatar)

Predicted Favorite Forum
Fantasy, love, mystery & horror, back in time, science fiction, 1x1

About me
I'm 23 and recently graduated from university. I love roleplaying and painting (oil as medium).

Secret Code
b/a

b ii a n c c a

Tipsy Prophet

Gorky B Bot

Generous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 am
What to call me
Gorky

WhitchAlchemist

Why I Joined
Writer/Graphic novelist looking for inspiration

Gaian Age
Account: just under 3 years Career:Since spring '04

Predicted Favorite Forum
Not sure really

About me
I am a freelance writer and published Graphic Novelist. I am looking for inspiration for my current two projects (Dubbed project Ruin and project Apple).

t and G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 am

What to call me
Azolus, Azo, or any variation thereof.

WitchAlchemist

Why I Joined
I have tons of free time on my summer vacation, and I need to prevent mind-rot by getting creative.

Gaian Age
1256 days.

Predicted Favorite Forum
Fantasy.

About me
I joined Gaia as an alternative to a site called Roblox, which is intended for kids but is really for all ages. It had an RP forum, which I initially loved. The roleplays there were very simple, as text in the posts had literally no coding whatsoever. This meant no pictures, no layouts, no text color, not even bold or italicize. This really didn't pose a problem though, given the age group and the content they created. Eventually, however, my RPs developed into mature, dark fantasy and sci-fi (though it was still G rated, mind), the intro page spanning many paragraphs, while many other, more successful RPs were "u guys fightin zombies n stuff with gunz and katanaz". The latter, strangely, gained over 100 pages while all of my RPs died out before page 15. My method of writing may not have been their cup of tea or may have been too high-brow for their tastes. I left the site after there were at least seven Camp Half-Blood roleplays on the first page, and joined Gaia as an alternative in March Break of 2010.

I love fantasy, some science fiction and horror (the latter I like... until the sun sets). I dislike romance in roleplaying, however, as I generally have no interest for it in real life. I spend a great deal of my free time playing video games, reading and simply staring off into space and daydreaming, and all of that overactive imagination needs an outlet.

Edit: Also: I would like to make an RP that is set in 1498 (which would fit in the Time Travel section), but is also an Alternate Timeline and contains magic and mythological creatures (which would fit in Fantasy). I'm confused as to which forum I post in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Secret Code
SA

I H4ve Quit

Shy Friend

FelicitousJuliet

Conservative Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Azolus
Edit: Also: I would like to make an RP that is set in 1498 (which would fit in the Time Travel section), but is also an Alternate Timeline and contains magic and mythological creatures (which would fit in Fantasy). I'm confused as to which forum I post in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I believe the Fantasy forum takes precedence over the Time Travel forum when a story contains both, partially because Time Travel *is* Fantasy, and partially because Time Travel is just a method of transportation, while Fantasy is the world setting.

Edit: Also, in nerd speak, an alternate setting or time line does not necessarily indicate time travel, unless the characters in that alternate setting have a basis for comparison: (Did they come from, or get visited by an alternate timeline, or is the characters "alternate timeline" only perceived as "alternate" when you are breaking the fourth wall?)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:49 pm

What to call me
Soni

Galiatic_Fusion

Why I Joined
To give me something to do in my boring days of the long summer

Gaian Age
0 days

Predicted Favorite Forum
Fantasy and Romance

About me
I'm just a girl that really enjoys role playing. Really I can do any role play but fantasy and romance are my favorites. Im really nice to don't me afraid to come and talk to me if you want to. smile

Secret Code
Sa

Hahalooser

I H4ve Quit

Shy Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 am
Coranho
Azolus

I believe the Fantasy forum takes precedence over the Time Travel forum when a story contains both, partially because Time Travel *is* Fantasy, and partially because Time Travel is just a method of transportation, while Fantasy is the world setting.

Edit: Also, in nerd speak, an alternate setting or time line does not necessarily indicate time travel, unless the characters in that alternate setting have a basis for comparison: (Did they come from, or get visited by an alternate timeline, or is the characters "alternate timeline" only perceived as "alternate" when you are breaking the fourth wall?)

I mean alternate timeline in the sense that, say, The Bartimaeus Trilogy is set in modern-day London, with cars, computers and such, however, it is obviously not our reality, as it has magicians, demons and genies. That sort of thing. I suppose Alternate Reality would be a better term for it. (I just didn't think of that at the time.)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 am
Azolus
Coranho
Azolus

I mean alternate timeline in the sense that, say, The Bartimaeus Trilogy is set in modern-day London, with cars, computers and such, however, it is obviously not our reality, as it has magicians, demons and genies. That sort of thing. I suppose Alternate Reality would be a better term for it. (I just didn't think of that at the time.)

I think it would count as Fantasy more than Time Travel, I could certainly railroad plot exactly why, but to dumb it down.

Fantasy is almost anything imaginative, it is generally involved in the basic concept of how all the inhabitants have always seen the world, while "Time Travel" generally involves change. Something was, and then it was not.

More importantly, something was, then was not, and someone knows it happened.

In short, but not really: I said it before, Time Travel is purely perspective, if your story does not give the participants perspective or knowledge of what we see as "different", then it's more of: "If a tree falls, and no one hears it, does it make a sound?"

To really (not at all) cut this short: I think the Guild Rules are that a Roleplay can be put in any category that it is a part of, the Bartimaeus Trilogy would be Series/Fanbase, Fantasy, and you-know-what, time travel classification debates suck.

So does my ability to be less verbose, and I think if this discussion goes further, I don't think the introduction thread is the place.  

FelicitousJuliet

Conservative Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

I H4ve Quit

Shy Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:03 am
Coranho
Azolus
Coranho
Azolus

I think it would count as Fantasy more than Time Travel, I could certainly railroad plot exactly why, but to dumb it down.

Fantasy is almost anything imaginative, it is generally involved in the basic concept of how all the inhabitants have always seen the world, while "Time Travel" generally involves change. Something was, and then it was not.

More importantly, something was, then was not, and someone knows it happened.

In short, but not really: I said it before, Time Travel is purely perspective, if your story does not give the participants perspective or knowledge of what we see as "different", then it's more of: "If a tree falls, and no one hears it, does it make a sound?"

To really (not at all) cut this short: I think the Guild Rules are that a Roleplay can be put in any category that it is a part of, the Bartimaeus Trilogy would be Series/Fanbase, Fantasy, and you-know-what, time travel classification debates suck.

So does my ability to be less verbose, and I think if this discussion goes further, I don't think the introduction thread is the place.

I was not certain where to post such a thing, but thank you for clearing up the issue!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:50 am

What to call me
Illuminate Shadows, Illum, or Shadow; I will respond to all three

WitchAlchemist

Why I Joined
Role-playing mostly

Gaian Age

Predicted Favorite Forum
I have no clue. sweatdrop

About me
I read, draw, take martial arts and mess around in general. Some of my favorite books so far are the Great Gatsby, Hunger Games and Divergent. I have a weird phobia toward movies, so I guess I am the .1% of the teenage population who refuses to watch movies. I have a quick temper and I'm told I can be painfully blunt so I don't tend to talk very much without thinking it over first.

Secret Code
???

Illuminate Shadows

11,250 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Xx_SushiNyankoChan_xX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 am

What to call me Xx_SHSL_Programmer_xX, but you can call me Nami!

Who Accepted my Application Cadenza of the Heart

Why I Joined I'm a fan of roleplaying and thought I'd join in~

Gaian Age 154 days

Predicted Favorite Forum Probably the RP for Fantasy?

About me I like making friends, my favorite food is onigiri, and I really love foxes and rabbits. I'm really into anime and my two favorites are K Project and Karneval. I'm not that big of a gamer, but my two favorite game series are Kingdom Hearts and Dangan Ronpa. emotion_yatta

Secret Code XX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:12 pm
What to call me
Materu

Cadenza of the Heart

Why I Joined
My other guilds are a bit lacking in posting D:

Gaian Age
1947 days

Predicted Favorite Forum
RP for Fantasy

About me
I'm big on writing and drawing. I don't get much time to do the latter as much as I used to though. I'm pretty flexible in what genres I like to be apart of; I don't really have any favorites. I'm a pretty outgoing girl who can be a bit on the chatty side. I'm stubborn and sometimes a bit too honest.

Secret Code
iM

Materu Shioni

O.G. Wife

Ekkes Doe

Supportive Supporter

10,625 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 pm

What to call me
Kayla

Cadenza of the Heart

Why I Joined
I've been looking for a very good Role-playing guild.

Gaian Age
1027 days.

Predicted Favorite Forum
This one actually, my other forums are quite.. Inactive.

About me
Well, I'm quite the quiet person but very outgoing and have a lot of ideas running through my head. I'm nice but a troll at times. I'm not that harsh, I respect peoples feelings unless they really go overboard with the stuff. I like to play PC games such as; Skyrim and Warframe.

Secret Code
(Now where could this be? Perhaps a place of guidelines? A place that you should have visited already, old or new.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:23 pm
What to call me
I've been called Opera Phantom, Opera, Phantom, and Pearl. I go by all of them.

I don't remember. I joined a long time ago, but this is the first time I've actually been here.

Why I Joined
To find people to RP with.

Gaian Age
1659 days, since February/March 2009.

Predicted Favorite Forum
I don't really know, but probably Fantasy, Mystery & Horror, and Back in Time, with maybe a little dabbling in the Science Fiction.

About me
I'm a pleasant, well-mannered girl, who has a tendency to either be too open or too closed off when it comes to people. I love reading and writing stories and poetry, so I a couple years ago I decided to try my hand at RPing. I mostly do fantasy, mystery, and historical stuff, but I'll try almost anything. I enjoy playing video and flash games, knitting, watching movies and TV shows, cooking, and looking for ways to express my creativity.

Secret Code
O5

Opera Phantom_95

Shadowy Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:36 pm
What to call me
Darius D., Darius, D.D., or D

Cadenza of the Heart.

Why I Joined
Because I wanna RP, Duuuuurr~!

Gaian Age
Approximately 8 years Gaia wise. Joined in 2003, quit 2007 came back late 2009; been back since. Contemplating leaving again since Gaia has gotten mega ad heavy and tries to extort it's loyal users for cash with cheap Cash Shop items.

Predicted Favorite Forum
You mean in the guild? Hopefully I can join the one with all the active RPs. If I manage to land a role I will try to stay there is long and as often as possible.

About me
I really don't like to talk about myself. I have this habit of seeing someone whom I imagine I would get along great with and introducing myself in whatever manner I see most amusing or would make a good story. Although I actually take pleasure in solitude I am not completely against socialization. If pried, I enjoy sharing; odd and contradicting I know, but that's how I roll.
Secret Code
D.  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games