Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 am
Minor: Place a Curse on Dregthuck

Standard: Pelloth raises his Rod but the mere sight of the Drow makes the Hobgoblin feel an assault on his already diminished mind

(23 v will for 23 Psychic dmg)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 pm
--1--2--3--4-5-6--7--8-9--10-11-12-13
A 0--0----Ge------P-----0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0---------C---------0--0--0-0---0----- 0 = The City Walls/Inaccessable.
C 0--0-------------------0--0--0--0---0----
D---------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------
F----------------------------------------------
G---------H--Gr--------------------------------
H----R----K--D------------------------------ 2,4,5
I----------------S--R----------------------- 6,7
J--R-R----R-----R-R----------------------- 1,2,4,6,7
K-------R-----R-------R---------------------- 3,5,8
L----------------------------------------------
M----------------------------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Hars: 31HP, and 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
2. Grashuk: prone
3. Pelloth:
4. Skar: action point expended
5. Gerash: Initiative
6. Dregthuk: 23 damage, marked by Hars
7. Cain:
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 4 damage, marked by Hars

As Dregthuk is about to impale his sword into the fallen Grashuk, a curse forms around him and the power of a warlock is projected at him through Pelloth's rod. He grimaces in pain and holds his head with his left hand.

Behind Dregthuk you see Skar, his closest ally. The gnoll looks old and worn, but he holds the khopesh in his right hand as if he knows how to use it. But he prefers to go for his other 'weapon'. With his left hand he draws out a mangled and bloody looking symbol. He lifts it in the air, mutters a curse and points at Hars. The doppelganger is then horrified, as the flesh on his face begins to peel causing great pain. Skar lets out a cackle, but he isn't finished there. Muttering yet more words, he continues to focus his efforts on the weakened Hars. You feel him trying to work to worsen the effects he has already placed on you, but your force of will is enough to stop him.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:18 pm
Hars can attest to the power of Pelloth's rod, hurr hurr.

"Aggh, what in the Nine?!?" Hars' face begins to swim, literally. His grip tightens on his blades, eager to end his pain by causing more in others.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:39 pm
Gerash curled his lip slightly as Hars started giving out orders, but Dregthuk did have a few too many lackeys for the necromancer's liking. Raising his orb up high, but still cradling it in his palm, so that it looked like he was practicing his form for the shot-put, the wizard whispered a few arcane syllables. A white mist began to form around the mob before them, and as it grew thicker, it grew much, much colder. Frost began to form on some of them as the temperature bit into the thugs, "I welcome you Dregthuk," Gerash says loud enough to be sure his opponent's heard, "To the cold grasp of death!"

((this looks like a job for a daily! freezing cloud centered on j4, to cover everything from h2-l6. 10 cold damage each hit. the cloud lasts a turn, everyone who starts in it or enters it is subject to another attack.

to hit Fort: dregthuk: 19, karz: 16, skar: 18, thugs:
h2: 20, j2: crit, j4: 21, j6: 21, k3: 12, k5: 17.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:12 am
--1--2--3--4-5-6--7--8-9--10-11-12-13
A 0--0----Ge------P-----0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0---------C---------0--0--0-0---0----- 0 = The City Walls/Inaccessable.
C 0--0-------------------0--0--0--0---0----
F-------------------R-------------------------- 7
G-R-------H--Gr--R--S------------------------- 1,7,8
H-R--I----K--D--I----R---------------------- 1,4,5,8
I-------------------------------------------
J---------------------------------------------
K---------------------------------------------
L-----I-----------I---------------------------

I = Four corners if the cold cloud

Initiative Order
1. Hars: 24HP, and 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
2. Grashuk: prone
3. Pelloth:
4. Skar: 10 damage, action point expended
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: 33 damage, marked by Hars
7. Cain: Initiative
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 4 damage, marked by Hars

As a cloud of icy death is conjured, five of Dregthuks thugs are taken down. Their bodies turn to ice and then crack, one of them even explodes, causing bits of ice to rain down on the battlefield. Dregthuk and Karz manage to resist the freeze, but Skar's older body can't put up with it and he develops a touch of frostbite.

Still standing in the freezing cloud, Dregthuk is again attacked by its frigid coldness. This time, he succumbs and takes 10 damage. (I rolled for that). Talking through chattering teeth, Dregthuk then commands his men to move to more advantageous positions. They all quickly shift away from the cold cloud and begin to swarm fowards. Dregthuk then lifts his sword and looks at Hars, "So, you want to fight do you? That's fine with me!" His sword comes down and connects with your shoulder, dealing 7 damage. He lets out a howl of pleasure and raises his shield for when you strike back.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 am
The Kenku stood up from the floor, wiping his eyes. He was still chuckling to himself when he noticed his allies had started fighting already. Without him! Unfair! But it was just so funny. Surely the hobgoblin could see the hilarity of the situation?

Cain froze as he looked at Dregthuk. Willing him to see things the way the Kenku saw them.

Quote:
Move:
Stand up from prone.

Minor:
Pull out sword.

Standard:
Shared Madness vsDregthuk:
+7 [4wis, 2lvl, 1enh]vsWill=13
1d10+4=8 damage and Skar also takes that damage.

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:59 am
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8-9--10-11-12-13
A 0--0----Ge--------P-----0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0------------C--------0--0--0-0---0----- 0 = The City Walls
C 0--0---------------------0--0--0--0---0----
F-----------R--R-R-------------------------- 4,5,6
G-------R--H-Gr-R--S------------------------- 3,6,7
H----I-----K--D--I-------------------------- 4,5,
I---------------------------------------------
L-----I-----------I----------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Hars: 1hp, and 5 ongoing damage (save ends) Initiative
2. Grashuk: 28hp, prone
3. Pelloth:
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: 33 damage, marked by Hars
7. Cain:
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 13 damage, marked by Hars

The clearly insane Kenku stood up and launched yet another assault on the Will of Dregthuk. Unfortunately, the hobgoblin resisted it without even noticing he had been attacked. The thugs then swarmed foward.

As the thugs manevered into position, Hars was attacked by and elf and a tiefling. But the doppelgangers swordsmanship easily overpowered theirs and they could not hit him for s**t.

But Grashuk on the other hand...

As the Bugbear lay on the floor, three thugs surrounded him, a gnoll and two hobgoblins. Grashuk tried to fend off their blows but it was no use, three solid hits rained down on him, cutting him in many different areas. The thugs, especially the hobgoblins let out shouts of glee and continued to pound on you.

As Karz the Impaler brought up his duel Katars, the cold surrounded him, causing 9 damage. He shrugged it off like the bloodcrazy gnoll that he is and began laying into Hars. His first katar punch was deflected by your sword, but as you were about to take advantage of the opening, his trailing right hand came drilling in. It punctured your chest for (I don't believe this) 18 points of damage, severely bloodying you. He at least lived up to his name, and as you reel in pain he extracts the 'punch dagger' and brings it up to his wolf-like mouth, licking at your blood. He doesn't move, he just stands there looking deep into you with eyes that are almost as insane as your Kenku friend.

At the beginning of your turn Hars you take your 5 damage, you are Minion-fied! (( It's a term that me and my IRL PC's use ^^ ))  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:17 pm
As Dregthuk lands his blow on Hars, the silver skull motif on Hars' armor flares with a dark power and its eyes glow red. A blackness lashes out down the blade to infest Dregthuk's arm, stilling the blood in his veins for but a moment
((Imm. Reaction, Deathcut Armor power, deal 9 necrotic damage to Dregthuk))

Hars grins through the internal arcane pain he feel, and looks with amusement at the wound Dregthuk caused. "Aye, I'll be glad to start fighting when you're ready. You let me know--ogh!" The changeling's banter is cut short by Karz stabbing Hars with his duel katars. "Ooh! I LIKE this one!"

Death's door was where Hars did all his best work and the square around him dropped into a monochrome to his vision. He let the pain spread around him from the points in his body where it was focused and envelop him like a blanket on a winter's day. A very itchy blanket.((Second wind, Hars regains 11hp and has +2 to defenses))

Surrounded by his pain, Hars forces his energy into a wild and dancing attack. He feints low with one blade before sweeping around with the other.

((Minor: Changeling Trick on Dregthuk, fail.

Action point: Tempest Dance on Dregthuk @16+ whatever bonus Grashuk gives me for action point use. If that hits, 11 damage and attacking a rabble behind Hars @ 20, then Karz @23. 11 damage to each hit, but each hit is dependent on the one before landing. Dregthuk is marked, as is Karz if the hits go that far.)

Save: success)

((Healz plz!))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:54 am
((Grashuk's Tactical Presense and Tactical Assault gives Hars a +3 to his damage roll(s) for the action point attack. Healz are on the way!

Also, if at all possible, could Grashuk go before Hars? It would help us out quite a bit. XP))

His mistake had cost him. An alarming amount of blood was slowly pooling around his body where he was laying. This just wouldn't do. Digging the claws of his free hand into the dirt, the Warlord lifted himself up onto one knee, from which he once more got back to his standing position.

It took him only a moment to assess the situation so far as grave, and getting worse. Hars and he had been cut off from the rest of the group, and completely surrounded. Well, better Hars and he than one of the magic users. At this range, that would have been disasterous.

"Hars! If we want to see another moon on this plane, we're going to have to take out Dregthuk! Without their leader, these vermin would be like pigs to the slaughter!" Grashuk's cloak whipped as he spun on his heel to glare over the Northern henchman at the rest of their group. "And I would appreciate it if you lot could thin their numbers!"

Hoping to drive home the point he had just made to Hars, the Bugbear lifted his blade high in the air. As the sun caught it, the whole blade burst into a dazzling white light. Hoping it would at least cause a momentary lapse of defense in his enemies, Grashuk lashed out with the blade in a heavy cleaving slice, directed at Dregthuk. With his keen instincts, he aimed the strike so that it would cripple the Hobgoblin slightly, so as to leave him open to a follow-up attack.

Quote:
Move Action: Stand up from Prone.
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Hars. Healing Surge +3
Free Action: Change damage type to Radiant Damage. Sunblade is now shedding Bright light at the maximum distance (20 squares).
Standard Action: Warlord's Favor on Dregthuk. 30 vs. AC, 22 radiant damage, and Hars gains +4 power bonus to attacks against Dregthuk until the end of my next turn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:25 am
Pelloth heard the order and was tempted to ignore it, wishing instead to attempt to take out the other spellcaster. Grashuk's orders have proven beneficial in the past, though so he took aim instead at one of the random swarming thugs, and after laying a curse on the man, released his Psychic energy into the man. Touching Dregthuk's thoughts must have temporarily tainted his own, becuase he he had no effect on the man. Wishing to stay out of range of the other spellcaster, he moved to the side other side of the gates, and in the process gathering shadows around himself, partially disappearing from view.

Quote:
Minor: Curse R at F6

Standard: Fumble attack at F6

Move: to B3, gaining concealment from a Shadow Walk

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:56 am
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8-9--10-11-12-13
A 0--0----Ge--------------0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0-P----------C--------0--0--0-0---0----- 0 = The City Walls
C 0--0---------------------0--0--0--0---0----
F--------------R-R----------------------------- 5,6
G-------R--H-Gr-R---------------------------- 3,6
H----I-----K--D--I------S-------------------- 4,5,8
L-----I-----------I----------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Hars: 26hp, +2 to defenses, +4 on attacks against Dregthuk
2. Grashuk: 28hp, sword shedding bright light
3. Pelloth: concealed
5. Gerash: Initiative
6. Dregthuk: 64 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, bloodied
7. Cain:
8. Random Thugs: F6 is cursed by Pelloth
9. Karz the Impaler: 27 damage, marked by Hars

Hars, seeing the dangerous situation he is in, draws upon his inner strength to heal himself. He then swipes his sword at Dregthuk, who blocks it with his shield. ((Arc, I checked, you don't have to hit to continue as it is an effect, with happens regardless of hit or miss, so...)) Feeling anger at the block, Hars, without looking stabs his sword into the gut of a thug behind him, downing the human, before swiping at the crazed Gnoll in front of him. His sword connects and draws blood from the gnolls stomach. Hars then stops his face from peeling, much to his relief.

After pulling himself off the ground, Grashuk decides to co-ordinate his team. Shouting orders, and lacing them with threats, he manages to un-bloody Hars. He then partially blinds everyone around him as his sword begins to glow like a sunrod. He then uses superb swordsmanship to get around Dregthuk's tight defenses and strike at his exposed armpit where his armour is weak. You see that your good hit draws, blood from the hobgoblin who glares at you and shows his teeth, "You ******** Bugbear, you will pay for that!"

Pelloth, eventually decided to follow Grashuk's orders and attacked a thug. Unfortunately his attack fell flat on its arse, so the drow drew shadows around himself and headed over to the wall.

After being struck well by Grashuk, Dregthuk shouted a command at Skar to attack the Bugbear. Skar dutifully followed orders and once again lifted his symbol, and muttered a curse. Grashuk felt the tough skin on his face begin to stretch, but his body managed to shrug off the Gnolls magic. Apparently using the same, avoid the spellcaster, tactics that Pelloth was employing, Skar then slowly retreated southwards, but kept within range of Hars and Grashuk.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:31 pm
Hars pulls himself together and reasserts his stance. "Don't worry Dregthuk, I've already put in a down payment for my fellow."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:31 pm
"I did clear out the rabble," Gerash grumbles as he steps toward the melee. Holding his orb forward gerash whispers, "Hold them." As the words hiss through his lips, skeletal hands form in midair around Dregthuk and Karz. The hobgoblin is grabbed and torn at by the phantom claws, which are frigid to the touch. the hands around Karz, however, seem frozen in place and leave the gnoll untouched.

((move to c3, chill claws on dregthuk and karz. 24 vs. ref on dregthuk, 7 cold damage and -2 to attacks for a turn. crit fail on karz.))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 pm
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9-10-11-12-13
A 0--0----------------------0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0-P---------C---------0--0--0--0---0----- 0 = The City Walls
C 0--0-Ge------------------0--0--0--0---0----
F--------------R--R----------------------------- 5,6
G-------R-H--Gr-R---------------------------- 3,6
H----------K--D---------S-------------------- 4,5,8
L-----------------------------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Hars: 4hp, +2 to defenses, +4 on attacks against Dregthuk, bloodied
2. Grashuk: 28hp, sword shedding bright light
3. Pelloth: concealed
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: 71 damage, marked by Hars, cursed by Pelloth, -2 to attacks, action point expended bloodied
7. Cain: Initiative
8. Random Thugs: F6 is cursed by Pelloth
9. Karz the Impaler: 27 damage, marked by Hars

As the living corpse steps foward, he targets Karz and his 'boss'. The savage gnoll is un-affected by the attack, but Dregthuk is slashed by the freezing claws. As Gerash finishes his spell, he notices his freezing cloud disapate.

Dregthuk, grabbed as he is by chilling claws, takes a swipe at Hars with his longsword. His blade connects with Hars' flesh, causing 6 points of damage and re-bloodying the doppelganger. As the fresh blood falls onto the ground at Dregthuk's feet, he smiles evily. Seeing his opportunity, the hobgoblin has a surge of energy and strikes again! His skill with a sword, couple with his rush of adrenaline proves too much for Hars. Dregthuk easily breaks through his defenses to cut a deep wound into Hars' shoulder. "Are you sure you still want to fight?!"  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:03 pm
People were fighting. But Cain was watching. Everyone seemed to be ignoring the Kenku. Not for long.

Screaming at the top of his lungs, the crazy a** bird of pray ran full speed at the Gnoll stretching peoples faces off. Jumping into the air, the avenger landed onto of Skar, sword first.

Suddenly the two of them seemed to explode in a silent puff of purple smoke, only to reappear a few seconds later further away from the battle. Cain didn't want anyone interrupting his private time with his new friend. Though he also didn't want his new friend to leave him so soon. Pulling his sword out of the Gnoll's chest none too gently, he jumped back to the floor, eyeing Skar with an almost lustful gaze.

Quote:
Minor:
Oath Skar.

Move:
2SE, 3S

Standard:
Sequencing strike vs Skar:
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsAC=13/CRIT
2d10+5=25+1d8=31 damage and Skar is teleported 4 squares (to H12). I then teleport to a space adjacent to him (H13).

Action Point:
Bond of Pursuit vs Skar:
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsAC=27/11
1d10+5=13 damage and if Skar doesn't end his turn adjacent to me I can shift 4 squares as a free action closer to the target.

Overall damage:
44. cool

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas