Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

-Monochrome Innards-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:48 pm
I dont think we should fear it but we certainly shouldnt want to die. Even if we dont know what happens when you die, whether there is afterlife resurrection or we just become worm food the only thing we have to fear about death is what happens to our friends and family after we die. Just my long opinion :3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:19 pm
people don't fear death they fear going too soon, and no, fearing the inevitable is like fearing anything you can't control (that's a lot in some cases)  

master_maji

kittermeow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:24 pm
I personally do fear death.
I may not be religious or believe in Heaven or Hell, but if I am wrong?
Eternal pain doesn't sound good for anything but a song title.

I try not to look into things to deeply while I got all my facts straight, but perhaps the fear is worse if a person has high expectations.
Like they haven't lived a fulfilled life. Which is why people should be satisfied with what they already have as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 pm
I'm not afraid of death. It's a part of life. It's going to happen whether you like it or not. I think the reason why people fear death is because it is unknown to them. They have not experienced it so they don't know what to expect. They don't know how to prepare themselves for when it comes because they don't know when it will come. They don't know what it is going to feel like. It's something different that we are going to have to accept and deal with one day.  

Dark_Midnight_Flames

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:22 pm
I find death a great motivator. If I didn't know that I might die tomorrow, I would never get anything done today.

I can't think about death outside the philosophical concept of suicide. I've been reading too much existential s**t. And writing a paper on Hamlet.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
My, my...it's about time somebody made this. I used to fear death quite a lot, when I was younger. Actually, it was when I was an oober christian. I was led to believe that I would die at a young age, because I had high cholesterol {I used to live in Texas &3&} Anyways, I feared dieing every day and so, I did not live my life out to the fullest. That is to say, I was unable to do such a thing because of my fear. However...eventually I learned that it's something I should accept because, no matter what we do, people die. Now, it's not something that I think about all too much...though it is on my mind some days. When my heart gets all messed up, I find myself fearing what will happen when I die for a few minutes, but then I get over it and I realize that it doesn't matter. To me, death is inevitable and when I die, I will be going to my happy place...I don't care what I'm told, or where people say I'm going to go...because I know where I'm going. I'm going to my happy place with a lover and all of my friends...and I'll never be sad again! It'll be lots of fun! Then, about 1000 years later or so, i shall be reincarnated. yay!  

Tearstains

3,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 am
I believe that if we spend too much time fearing death, we end up missing out on life. Yes, we should be safe, there's no need for everyone to be adrenaline junkies, but some people are afraid to eat a McDonald's hamburger because it's unhealthy. Once in a while won't kill you. If you're going there five times a week, you may want to rethink you're diet though. We should be able to just go through life without drenching everything in antibacterial soup, without overly bleached bathrooms, and without wearing haz-mat suits to clean the kitchen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 am
Tearstains
My, my...it's about time somebody made this. I used to fear death quite a lot, when I was younger. Actually, it was when I was an oober christian. I was led to believe that I would die at a young age, because I had high cholesterol {I used to live in Texas &3&} Anyways, I feared dieing every day and so, I did not live my life out to the fullest. That is to say, I was unable to do such a thing because of my fear. However...eventually I learned that it's something I should accept because, no matter what we do, people die. Now, it's not something that I think about all too much...though it is on my mind some days. When my heart gets all messed up, I find myself fearing what will happen when I die for a few minutes, but then I get over it and I realize that it doesn't matter. To me, death is inevitable and when I die, I will be going to my happy place...I don't care what I'm told, or where people say I'm going to go...because I know where I'm going. I'm going to my happy place with a lover and all of my friends...and I'll never be sad again! It'll be lots of fun! Then, about 1000 years later or so, i shall be reincarnated. yay!

Ah, heart issues, those are fun. I can relate. My whole family pretty much dies of heart attacks. Three out of four of my grandparents died that way, as well as several uncles. I've switched to not cholesterol butter, and try to keep my heart healthy, but every now and again I still get a small pain, and realize there is only so much I can do. But damn it, I am going to fight the damned thing. It's not so much I fear dying, I just don't want to die that way. If I had my choice it will be in my bed, fast asleep as an old hag.  

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Lybido Alastar

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:54 am
I think the question has no answer...because who's to say what one should or should not do? A man? A woman? President Obama? No one qualifies to really know to truth to this question. Do I fear death? No. Do I want to live? Yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm
Yes. If people weren't afraid of death, the world would be even more chaotic than it is now.  

CREATUUURE FEATUUURE

Dance of Pales

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:47 am
no 1 shud be afraid of death. y wud u be afraid if u kno that in sum point in ur life,ur gunna dissapear from the world? there is nothing to fear. but tht doesnt mean tht u shudnt have any fun in ur life biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:21 pm
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
no 1 shud be afraid of death. y wud u be afraid if u kno that in sum point in ur life,ur gunna dissapear from the world? there is nothing to fear. but tht doesnt mean tht u shudnt have any fun in ur life biggrin
Could you make more of an effort to type properly please?

(If you want to get more respect here, I suggest you do it.)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:39 pm
I don't really fear it. I know it's coming soon and I'm a little nervous [who really isn't?] but considering everything, I think it wouldn't be that bad. Like if you're religious you go to an afterlife, and if you don't believe in that then you're just gone I guess, so there's not much to worry about either way.
I can get paranoid about.. things that involve dying, though. I have schizophrenic tendancies, and sometimes they kinda take over.
But I'm not too worried about death, itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:43 pm
I think death is something that people should be more cautious, but not afraid.
I just had the scare of my life yesterday involving my boyfriend getting a gun pulled out on him, and being threatened to be shot. That just mad me realize how easily a life can be lost, and just how much I love him.

Whisper Gently

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces