Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis." (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in joining this fantabulous roleplay?
  OH YEAH!!!!!
  OH NO!!!!!
  OH MAYBE!!!!!
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:06 pm
Ah, good good! Glad to hear you two are still involved as well! If I don't get responses within the next little bit though, I think we'll just have to move on unfortunately, but if they come back late, that's not an issue either, it shouldn't interrupt anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:14 pm
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

So, a lot of people have been inactive for a while, so I'm just posting this to check on who is still wanting to continue in the roleplay. I'm planning on doing the time skip to the UN conference possibly today (meaning within the next few hours), so if you have anything you'd like to do before that, you should do it soon.

I'm still here. I'm just waiting on you. ^.^  

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 pm
irigan kitsune
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

So, a lot of people have been inactive for a while, so I'm just posting this to check on who is still wanting to continue in the roleplay. I'm planning on doing the time skip to the UN conference possibly today (meaning within the next few hours), so if you have anything you'd like to do before that, you should do it soon.

xp I'll try and post in a wee bit, but I need to go to work soon, so I may just want to wait till I'm done, we'll see.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Lord Sithious
irigan kitsune
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

xp I'll try and post in a wee bit, but I need to go to work soon, so I may just want to wait till I'm done, we'll see.

lol it's fine. I figured it was your turn to answer. So it's okay.  

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:56 pm
irigan kitsune
Lord Sithious
irigan kitsune
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

Fair enough. xP Well, if no one else has posted by the time I'm back, I'm going to move us to the next day. We're about to see some WWE caliber crazy go down!!!!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:17 pm
Lord Sithious
irigan kitsune
Lord Sithious
irigan kitsune
Lord Sithious

Fair enough. xP Well, if no one else has posted by the time I'm back, I'm going to move us to the next day. We're about to see some WWE caliber crazy go down!!!!! xd

If you post tonight, I'll probably be reading it tomorrow. xD  

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:09 am
loth17

Phoenix347
I would like to know what design you use for the ironman so I can find an appropriate opposite.

Well, I'm a little mixed for the moment. I'm going to say that our "current model" is styled after the T-60 Power Armor from Fallout 4, however we have the prototype armor Julia is working on which will soon replace our current model as the standard. They're based off the Iron Man suit, but won't have all the cool laser stuff sadly. xp

We also have two other prototypes in the works, but those are going to remain my little secret for now. wink

Also, we have other alternative sets that have been used as well. One set is based off the Leo Mobile Suits from Gundam Wing. This suit actually was built by another company a decade or two ago, left abandoned in a factory on Cyprus. It never worked properly, but was some basis for the B.O.N.D. Industries and Britannia PMC suits, and many of these suits were also re-purposed with some of the new tech to make the surplus suits useable (though they still aren't quite as good as the other suits made by Vincent's company).

The other two suits are basically knock offs re-purposed by B.O.N.D. Industries with their own tech. You've got the Dubai Knockoff, used primarily for desert combat, and the German Knockoffs, styled like this, this, and this.

Bearing in mind that although they are based on Gundam looks, they are NOT scaled like Gundams. These suits will probably only reach a maximum height of 8 feet, and are intended as personnel armor, not bipedal tanks.

Also, I will be revealing more possibly in the future, but for now this is what you all are allowed to know. Oh, and Loth, there are some suits Julia won't know about yet, but the suit she's working on is a prototype still, just the one they plan on putting into production soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:16 am
Lord Sithious
loth17

Phoenix347
I would like to know what design you use for the ironman so I can find an appropriate opposite.

Well, I'm a little mixed for the moment. I'm going to say that our "current model" is styled after the T-60 Power Armor from Fallout 4, however we have the prototype armor Julia is working on which will soon replace our current model as the standard. They're based off the Iron Man suit, but won't have all the cool laser stuff sadly. xp

We also have two other prototypes in the works, but those are going to remain my little secret for now. wink

Also, we have other alternative sets that have been used as well. One set is based off the Leo Mobile Suits from Gundam Wing. This suit actually was built by another company a decade or two ago, left abandoned in a factory on Cyprus. It never worked properly, but was some basis for the B.O.N.D. Industries and Britannia PMC suits, and many of these suits were also re-purposed with some of the new tech to make the surplus suits useable (though they still aren't quite as good as the other suits made by Vincent's company).

The other two suits are basically knock offs re-purposed by B.O.N.D. Industries with their own tech. You've got the Dubai Knockoff, used primarily for desert combat, and the German Knockoffs, styled like this, this, and this.

Bearing in mind that although they are based on Gundam looks, they are NOT scaled like Gundams. These suits will probably only reach a maximum height of 8 feet, and are intended as personnel armor, not bipedal tanks.

Also, I will be revealing more possibly in the future, but for now this is what you all are allowed to know. Oh, and Loth, there are some suits Julia won't know about yet, but the suit she's working on is a prototype still, just the one they plan on putting into production soon.

The biggest issue I see in using gundams as armors is that the portions aren't correct for human anatomy. The arms are spaced away from the body in the shoulders, the legs are greatly oversized in relation to the body, torsos are smaller than any soldier would have for a chest figure, the armor size around the arms would be extremely tight depending on the armor... Gundams are good for robots, not so good for armor :/  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:39 am
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious
loth17

Phoenix347

The biggest issue I see in using gundams as armors is that the portions aren't correct for human anatomy. The arms are spaced away from the body in the shoulders, the legs are greatly oversized in relation to the body, torsos are smaller than any soldier would have for a chest figure, the armor size around the arms would be extremely tight depending on the armor... Gundams are good for robots, not so good for armor :/

Bearing in mind we're not using the EXACT designs shown, the legs, arms, and torso would all be designed more to human anatomy. I'm using them more as a design reference. I would make them more accurate as I could, but I'm definitely NOT an artist. xd Just imagine the general design, but more suited to the human form, it's really just the appearance that matters to me, not the original designs and such.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:23 am
Lord Sithious

Just a thought I was wondering if after awhile so im talking like a couple months or a year or something in rp time. If my group can actually start developing smaller based mech's as a method to combat the armor suits. Going for a more large vehicle approach. Obviously I'm talking small small mechs not the big ones that step on people like ants.  

GalaxyCommander

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:26 am
I am really looking forward to seeing how each faction designs their powered armor. I have a few ideas for Julia's designs myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:51 am
I'm staking a claim on this so far;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm
GalaxyCommander
Lord Sithious

Just a thought I was wondering if after awhile so im talking like a couple months or a year or something in rp time. If my group can actually start developing smaller based mech's as a method to combat the armor suits. Going for a more large vehicle approach. Obviously I'm talking small small mechs not the big ones that step on people like ants.

It'd be something we'd have to go over as a group. Phoenix is already doing it, but with quadruped tank type machines. Like I say though, things like mechs will have to be discussed more as a group.

On that note though, anyone heard about how America and Japan want to have that robot battle? If we do decide to make mechs, I think the designs they use would be the most realistic to go with, assuming they can be made to have more mobility.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:02 pm
loth17
I am really looking forward to seeing how each faction designs their powered armor. I have a few ideas for Julia's designs myself.

I'm definitely excited too! Looking forward to seeing what Julia comes up with! Also, I've got a design I may give to the Americans, and maybe one for the Chinese and Russians. The American one is still a Gundam design, but it's mostly the head and basic aesthetic look of the torso I'm going for. Arms and legs would be more similar to the Iron Man suit methinks, and that basically goes for all other armored suits. Oh, and yes, torso's would be more "form fitting" for what the average male (and female) torso's are. Speaking of that, here's he gist of what the Female Armor looks like. It'd be a smidge bulkier (since not all women have waists that size), but that's generally what it'll look like. Can't find other "female" versions to compliment the other suits sadly, though maybe when Fallout 4 is released we'll find out what power armor will look like on a female! I'm kind of hoping different than the male's. xp

Oh, and one more pic of the upcoming Male suit. Gonna have to name these things soon. xd  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:04 pm
Phoenix347
I'm staking a claim on this so far;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like it! Definitely a competing design so far! It'll be interesting to see them in battle! twisted  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff