Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
The Earth's Upheaval OOC - Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:41 am
striping naked dropping the pack is a standard action right?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:00 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
striping naked dropping the pack is a standard action right?

I couldn't see it being anything more than a minor action. However, Thork can make a regular move and just have his pack torn open if you don't care about all your stuff falling onto the ground.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:43 am
Do I need to roll to hit he barricades with an AOE attack?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 am
Kowsauni
Do I need to roll to hit he barricades with an AOE attack?

While I don't recall off-hand (while I'm at work) any official listed 4e rule about attacking unattended objects, I'm gonna say it's an auto-hit. While it might be immune to certain damage types (poison, psychic, etc), fire will burn them just fine, so I say go straight to damage.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:37 am
I wonder if we could cause the wall thing to fall back, onto one of the goblins preferably?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:11 am
Considering the speed of combat, it'll have to take a standard action to examine the portcullis via Perception Check (or related roll).

It didn't "drop", it's lowering, as a portcullis is apt to do, so it's attached to some sort of mechanism in the ceiling; that much you would already know.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:33 am
Misread...It will be fully closed at the end of my next turn. So, could Thork just walk inside at the beginning of his next turn, then?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Misread...It will be fully closed at the end of my next turn. So, could Thork just walk inside at the beginning of his next turn, then?

Not quite. It doesn't immediately drop at that moment, it's already lowering, and not slowly. Thork is a big dude, with a big weapon, and this is a goblin cave, so the distance from ceiling to floor isn't that great.

Imagine the gate "half-closed" by the time you guys have to take actions; you need to make the Acrobatics check listed to Indiana Jones your way underneath it before you're locked out (there's no "penalty" for failure, but I imagine that'll take a move action and you'll be prone so you'd have to take another move to stand and not attack that turn, whether you succeed or fail).

*goes to Drop the DC to 15*  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:59 am
Plainsfox
OOC:
Double move to B2
Acrobatics check: 1d20-1=16

Conditional scalping check:
Attack roll: 1d20+6=13
Damage:1d6+4=6

Double move (ending prone) AND an attack? So many actions spent! o_o

Also, I appreciate that the party Leader/healer just locked himself in with the goblins. This will end well for everyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:03 am
>< You know my characters have to get in close quarters with goblins, Rain.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 am
But I still need to know how you are spending 2 move actions AND a standard action to attack. Are you spending an action point?

And yeah, I'm sure it'll work out fine. Warlords are decent warriors. I'm just shocked you did it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 am
Yes. I thought it was clear. If it is not, I'll make it clear. I'm sorry sad  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:45 am
Don't apologize. It's just that unless it's explicitly said, it's not official. I don't want to mark you down for using an action point when you didn't; I doubt you wouldn't be happy if you went to use it later and I told you you couldn't. It's just so we're on the same page.

Also, the phrase "conduct a scalping check" sounds like something related to opportunity attacks, so that threw me off too. So I'm guessing that's simply a Melee Basic Attack?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:58 am
Yeah. Just a basic melee attack tied into a mental image of a handaxe splitting a goblin's skull open ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm
Plainsfox
a mental image of a handaxe splitting a goblin's skull open ><

STOP REWATCHING THAT VIDEO ABOUT THAT FRANCISCA  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games